Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Venting Thread

90 replies to this topic

#81 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13473 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:10 PM

my buddy's father may be dying. i got a text earlier stating he was in the hospital and apparently has a brain bleed.

i've known him and his family since we were kids. Hard to picture losing him. I have no idea how to help my friend get through this.

And we room together too. if he has to move out I can't cover this place on my own and I don't think i can find a new place easily enough under normal circumstances, let alone the world as it is today. Of course I can't actually bring that UP right now because i'll just sound like a selfish asshole. i FEEL like a selfish asshole just for thinking it.

i don't know what to do....

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#82 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14829 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

Oh geez, I'm sorry. I hope he pulls through.

Yeah, don't mention the rent concerns right now, give him time to figure out what he needs to do. Ask your friend if there's anything you can do to help, even if it's just playing videogames together to help take his mind off it for awhile. I don't think you're being selfish, just worrying about the future.

#83 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 614 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

i FEEL like a selfish asshole just for thinking it.

You are not being selfish. Your concerns are real and valid. MEDdMI is right; best thing you can do is be a good friend for now.

It sucks. That's why these boards are here.

#84 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3367 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

Oh my god! I wish my boss would stop sticking her nose into everything.

#85 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:26 PM

So yeah, I've had a string of bad luck with the McDonald's nearest to my workplace.

A couple weeks back, I grabbed some dinner there on my way home. The clerk running the drive thru, for some inane reason, gave me medium drinks with both of my value meals, one of which was a large. I got home, ate my food, registered a complaint online at the corporate level and then called the restaurant to complain. I spoke to the manager on duty, who apologized and explained that the clerk in question was still in training, then offered me a free large drink the next time I visited. Corporate, meanwhile, eventually got back to me and promised to mail me a card that would be good for a free value meal.

So far, so good.

Last night, I went to this same McDonald's again. The same clerk was running the drive thru, and nearly got the order wrong again. However, when I mentioned that I was due some freebies, they failed to input that properly into the order. So I had to explain this to the clerk who took my money. Good news, I got the free value meal. Bad news, they got the free large drink wrong - I asked for a Coke, they got me a Sprite.

This time, I opted to try and call the restaurant directly first. Who answered the phone? The very same clerk running the drive-thru, who utterly failed to understand my complaint. Both times that I called. The third time the call went unanswered, so I sent off another message to corporate complaining about what happened. It took a fourth phone call, several hours later, for me to speak to a different manager and explain what happened. So I get another free drink.

Don't get me wrong, I'm good with free food, but sweet mother, I should not be going through this much crap. If this happens a third time, I'm going to be very put out.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#86 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5519 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

Very minor vent here, considering what a few others have recently posted. (I really hope things work out for everyone.)

But apparently one of the more recent buying crazes due to the current situation has been bicycles.

Walmart's and such have been cleaned out of all bikes, and most tires/accessories for a few weeks if not months now.

The bad thing is, my old bike finally went past the point of no return. I'd have to replace both tires and a tube to even get it running again, and even then the thing can't go above gear three, making it rather slow so putting the good 60 plus bucks into it just isn't worth it. Usually when this happens I go to Walmart and buy a cheap bike that usually lasts me a year or two, but as stated, for whatever reason everyone is buying up bikes. Leaving me without transportation to work and back.

(Sadly I can't do the bus, my home isn't really in the best place to catch a bus, to get to a place that does would still require me walking a good distance that biking would still be the better option. Buses also can take an hour or so to arrive at a station, and I can BE at work via bicycle by the time that happens. Also with a bike I can leave when I need, and stop where I need without much hassle. All in all it's the better option.

Still baffles me that some co-workers suggest I uber everyday. That'd cost me like 20 or so bucks a day. If I had that kind of money I'd just get a car.)

I was able to borrow a friend's bike for a week before I managed to get an old bike my brother doesn't use. Except that bike is a speed cruiser (Well I'm pretty sure it is given the design. Regardless. ) so because of that it's simply not designed for hour long bike ride I have to do to get to work everyday. (and the extra hour back home) So it's been a struggle.

Right now though I think my only hope is to wait for my next free/bills check. (which isn't until August 14th) and hope I have enough money saved up to possibly go to a bike shop and buy a really good bike for around 500. Which means another two weeks of this other bike in the heat of summer, which really seems to be sapping my strength. This entire week I've just felt exhausted and again wonder how the hell people manage two or more jobs. For those who do, I respect you because I can't do it.

(Minor side note: To add insult to injury, water got into the headphone jack of my Vita which I was using as an mp3 player. Meaning I can't listen to my music on it without the sound being distorted. Like I can hear the music, but the vocals sound drowned out. I've been using Pandora on my phone, but it's not the same.

Thankfully my vita has Bluetooth, so I just need to get some Bluetooth headphones, but those aren't cheap, and I have a new bike to buy...)

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#87 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6210 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:52 AM

That feeling when youre sick to death of room/housemates but the society in which you live makes it damn near impossible to afford to live on your own. STOP FILLING THE BATHROOM GARBAGE CAN WITH CANDY WRAPPERS, STUART. OR EMPTY IT SOME TIME, IM NOT DOING IT ANY MORE.

#88 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14829 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

Videomaster, I have an old cheap pair of Bluetooth earbuds I'm not using anymore, and 26" inner tubes for bike tires. Heck, I even have old bikes with flat tires but those might be hard to ship. XD If you're interested, send me a PM. The tubes have been sitting in their boxes for years so I'm not sure if they're still good, but they're still shrink wrapped and look ok.

Otherwise, if you don't want to risk online, I suggest hitting 2nd hand stores/yard sales for cheap parts or maybe a used bike.

#89 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5519 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:21 AM

Videomaster, I have an old cheap pair of Bluetooth earbuds I'm not using anymore,

See this is the really annoying thing about myself when it comes to this.

I can't wear ear buds. If they stick INSIDE your ear, my ears ACHE after only a few minutes. Trying to use them is literally painful, so I'm stuck with the huge over the ear headphones.

I found a pair for just under 40 from Sony on Amazon. Taking a chance with them.

As for a bike, right now I'm feeling my best bet if I don't find anything on Facebook market place, is to wait till my next check and take all I've saved up and try for a really good bike from a bike shop.

2nd hand stores/yard sales probably aren't going to bear any fruit. Not with how things are right now in the world and the simple fact that I couldn't really get to them anyway. Or at the very least I haven't seen many yard sales in my area, and besides the occasional Goodwill don't know many 2nd hand shops. :/

Wish I could afford a car, but that's been a dream I've almost just given up on. I don't make enough at one job to get anywhere close to buying one, worry about if I could pay for a repair if it ever broke down. Have no savings, and came from a very poor family, so no family help and no credit to speak of. Most credit cards reject any application from me. I could have gotten one from my old bank, but they'd take like 300 as collateral, and I kinda need all I have to live.

Literally every time I try to save money, some shit happens that takes my entire new savings. Unless I basically never bought myself any games/movies/etc and never went out to do anything, which I'm not willing to do. And I don't mean I go out and buy a new game every week or something. The most I've done this last couple of years is the occasional Limited run game, being they are LIMITED, and I got myself about 3 or 4 new games I really wanted. (Not at once, just various months) I work hard, I want to reward myself with a game or movie every other month. It's not like I spent everything I get the moment I get it.

Sorry, went off a bit there. Just frustrated right now. I had some co-workers basically preaching to me how I should live and it's annoying. I'm glad people can maybe live without ever spending money, or eating nothing but ramen. I respect those who can work multiple jobs. But I can't do any of that. I need better food then cheap noodles, I'd go nuts if I couldn't buy anything I wanted ever, and last time I tried working two jobs, I began to have suicidal thoughts...

Sometimes I think I hate being me. Maybe I'm just making excuses. Sorry woke up feeling shitty today, gonna shut up now.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#90 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14829 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:37 PM

No worries, this is the venting thread after all. Only mentioned the thrift stores since there's one nearby that has old bikes, and a 2nd hand sports goods store w/ them too. May be different in your area, sounds like.

Yeah, I'd be in a much better place financially if I worked overtime and didn't buy as much random junk, but I need fun things sometimes to keep me happy.

Edited by MEDdMI, 01 August 2020 - 03:37 PM.

#91 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6861 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:38 PM

Videomaster, I have an old cheap pair of Bluetooth earbuds I'm not using anymore,

See this is the really annoying thing about myself when it comes to this.

I can't wear ear buds. If they stick INSIDE your ear, my ears ACHE after only a few minutes. Trying to use them is literally painful, so I'm stuck with the huge over the ear headphones.

I found a pair for just under 40 from Sony on Amazon. Taking a chance with them.

As for a bike, right now I'm feeling my best bet if I don't find anything on Facebook market place, is to wait till my next check and take all I've saved up and try for a really good bike from a bike shop.

2nd hand stores/yard sales probably aren't going to bear any fruit. Not with how things are right now in the world and the simple fact that I couldn't really get to them anyway. Or at the very least I haven't seen many yard sales in my area, and besides the occasional Goodwill don't know many 2nd hand shops. :/

Wish I could afford a car, but that's been a dream I've almost just given up on. I don't make enough at one job to get anywhere close to buying one, worry about if I could pay for a repair if it ever broke down. Have no savings, and came from a very poor family, so no family help and no credit to speak of. Most credit cards reject any application from me. I could have gotten one from my old bank, but they'd take like 300 as collateral, and I kinda need all I have to live.

Literally every time I try to save money, some shit happens that takes my entire new savings. Unless I basically never bought myself any games/movies/etc and never went out to do anything, which I'm not willing to do. And I don't mean I go out and buy a new game every week or something. The most I've done this last couple of years is the occasional Limited run game, being they are LIMITED, and I got myself about 3 or 4 new games I really wanted. (Not at once, just various months) I work hard, I want to reward myself with a game or movie every other month. It's not like I spent everything I get the moment I get it.

Sorry, went off a bit there. Just frustrated right now. I had some co-workers basically preaching to me how I should live and it's annoying. I'm glad people can maybe live without ever spending money, or eating nothing but ramen. I respect those who can work multiple jobs. But I can't do any of that. I need better food then cheap noodles, I'd go nuts if I couldn't buy anything I wanted ever, and last time I tried working two jobs, I began to have suicidal thoughts...

Sometimes I think I hate being me. Maybe I'm just making excuses. Sorry woke up feeling shitty today, gonna shut up now.

I don't remember do you work retail? Are you full time?
I finally got rid of that big white box.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users