Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Venting Thread

90 replies to this topic

#61 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:00 PM

Sadly because of this I have no access to my account for the moment. Bank said it'd email a temp number, but they didn't. I'm guessing the current state of the world has them a bit flustered and they just forgot.

That does mean I might be cut off till my new card comes. That might be an issue.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#62 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:05 AM

Think I have an idea what happened. Yay for being tired and stupid.

If I have to guess, I had an email a while back saying my pay pal account had been made inactive and that I needed to go confirm my info to get it unlocked, and like a dumbass I clicked the email link and did so.

I realized this because a few more such emails are in my spam folder.

Just today I got an email giving me a verification code for my blizzard account. So that's changed, and phone 2nd step set up.

Changed my passwords to anything that can link to money. Especially made sure my facebook password is changed, given you can use it to log into so many places.

Gotta love it when you do something stupid. *sighs* Still can't access my bank account yet either. Really hope that new card comes soon. Can't just walk into my bank anymore thanks to the current state of the world. I'd have to make an appointment, and my job pretty much keeps me busy during the short hours I have to actually walk in there.

Spoiler

#63 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14818 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:49 AM

Oof. I hope you get your card soon. Would using something like Apple/Google pay be a possibility in the meantime?

On to my own issues: Smackjeeves still isn't answering me on recovering my account. There's nothing on their website that states they are closed or have limited staff due to the pandemic. They won't even straight up tell me I can't get the account back. Very very annoying.

#64 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18712 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:06 PM

I am a pharmacy technician who's primary job is delivering prescriptions for elderly and disabled individuals for our pharmacy. We deliver for at least 350 people in the area, probably closer to 400 or more.

We've been incredibly busy since the lockdown, as one can imagine.

I have a co-delivery driver who works my days off. He's not a technician, just a delivery driver.

A week ago he told me he hadn't been wearing a mask while delivering meds, as our company wasn't requiring it at the time.

A few days ago, we were informed by one of our regular patients that they had tested positive for covid and had been in contact with him the day before. Our pharmacist manager never informed him of this, and he didn't know till I told him two days later. At that time the company coincidentally decided masks were required, so at least he's now wearing one.

To date no effort has been made to get him tested or even discuss what impact this has on our interactions with our patients.

Today I've been given a prescription to deliver to that same individual who reported testing positive. No comment, no notes in the system, no precautions. I'm even expected to collect cash from them.

All I have is a mask and a bottle of sanitizer in my vehicle.

I am not happy.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 28 April 2020 - 12:08 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#65 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14818 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:32 PM

Yeaaaaahhh... That is not good. Does your pharmacy have a Covid task force or higher ups you can report that to?

Edited by MEDdMI, 29 April 2020 - 08:55 AM.

#66 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18712 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:52 AM

Problem is: there's no official process or resources for dealing with this situation, so no way I can really say they did anything wrong. Additionally, I'm not really upset that I had to do it. It's my job to deliver medication to people who can't get out of the house and all of us at the pharmacy know that our job has potential to bring us into contact with diseases.

No, the part that bothers me is the lack of communication and transparency. If we're going in to a situation where there is a known, specific risk, then we ought to be made aware of it. Neither I nor my coworker can now honestly say we haven't knowingly been in contact with an infected individual, which would be a notable factor in potential testing priority.

It's just a shitty situation all around.

nzo8WYb.png

#67 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:34 PM

Well my bank card finally came. Along with something else in a separate envelope.

A Cashapp card...

Being I have no idea what Cashapp really is, I'm guessing this is a sorta load it up card or something? Regardless I'm going to assume it's in my best interest to destroy it.

Spoiler

#68 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:07 PM

Much like many other people over the last couple months dealing with the pandemic, I've been putting in a lot of time at work. It's gotten a bit more stable of late, but the last couple days were decidedly touch and go. Today in particular was especially difficult, given three people in my department either called in sick or left early due to medical issues.

Stuff happened. Things went crazy. We got through it, but I feel like a lot of that craziness was my fault. That old feeling, like I have a noose around my neck and it's tightening, crept up on me, and I like to think that based on my expressions and body language, it was clear that I was miserable.

But through some good luck, I managed to leave at my properly scheduled time. Just as I was on my way out the door, however, my manager asked me to come in and work extra time tomorrow. On my day off. After a miserable, shitty day that made me feel like I was either a hair's breadth away from getting fired or wanting to put a bullet in my head.

I'm either dedicated, or a masochist. Or a dedicated masochist. Can't really decide which is worse.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#69 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:33 PM

Much like many other people over the last couple months dealing with the pandemic, I've been putting in a lot of time at work. It's gotten a bit more stable of late, but the last couple days were decidedly touch and go. Today in particular was especially difficult, given three people in my department either called in sick or left early due to medical issues.

Stuff happened. Things went crazy. We got through it, but I feel like a lot of that craziness was my fault. That old feeling, like I have a noose around my neck and it's tightening, crept up on me, and I like to think that based on my expressions and body language, it was clear that I was miserable.

But through some good luck, I managed to leave at my properly scheduled time. Just as I was on my way out the door, however, my manager asked me to come in and work extra time tomorrow. On my day off. After a miserable, shitty day that made me feel like I was either a hair's breadth away from getting fired or wanting to put a bullet in my head.

I'm either dedicated, or a masochist. Or a dedicated masochist. Can't really decide which is worse.

That kinda sounds like I did at my old job.

Hopefully you're in a better position then I was. If you really feel like this job is stressing you out, I must suggest looking into getting work elsewhere, though I know that's not as easy as it sounds.

Still sometimes we have to take a step back and think what is best for ourselves. I hope you find what helps you.

Spoiler

#70 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:34 PM

That kinda sounds like I did at my old job.

Hopefully you're in a better position then I was. If you really feel like this job is stressing you out, I must suggest looking into getting work elsewhere, though I know that's not as easy as it sounds.

Still sometimes we have to take a step back and think what is best for ourselves. I hope you find what helps you.

Or we just need to get some perspective. I'm okay. I'll live.

Management where I work is pretty supportive, even if they occasionally do things I'd rather they didn't. In any case, I'll get through it.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#71 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6208 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:27 AM

WHY do I have to submit a resumé pdf, retype my resumé into your web portal, fill out a job history AND an application, all with the same information, for every job. What is the point of so many redundancies? Can't you just check my resumé, my references and my reel? Why does one form need exact day/month/year formats for school enrollment and some only ask for month/year? Just let me talk to a person, I can do the job. 

#72 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:13 PM

For automated resume reviewing. It's hard for machine learning methods to pull out the required information from an unstructured resume, so they have you type in stuff that's probably already in your resume so that it's easy for the algorithm to extract.

If you don't get rejected by the automated process, a human will probably glance over the actual resume.

#73 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3367 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:26 AM

In front of my coffee pot is some stuff that I have to move out of the way to make coffee and my sister is giving me grief about not putting the stuff back the right way.

#74 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14818 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:36 PM

Smackjeeves: STILL nothing, and I've been e-mailing them at least once a month these days. Even their general forums have been shut down. I was poking around and found a different forum of previous Smackjeeves users. Looks like the site got bought out by an Asian webcomic company that is basically re-posting their own content in English, sites are basically identical in format. Apparently a lot of the users left the site due to the drastic changes, lack of notification/support, etc.

...yeah. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out where I want to post my stuff now. I'm tempted to keep e-mailing them just to see if they do eventually get back to me, but even if I do get my account back I'm not staying with them.

#75 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 504 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

Tried out the new Devintart. They succesed in creating an uglier layout and buried or removed a lot of useful features.

Still I found they'd add the option to view art from either newest or oldest, which is actually a welcome addition. Unfortunately the button to use this feature is at the bottom of the screen, which automatically loading the next page of art (in the infinite scroll), when you try and mouse over it. 

So you can only use it properly once you've gotten to the very bottom of a person's gallery. 

If only they still used page numbers....

EDIT/ Wait no my mistake. They just gave you the option to view the comments from oldest or newest.  What a pointless addition.

Edited by Trpodeca, 26 May 2020 - 12:28 AM.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#76 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 01:18 AM

What gets me is that from everything I can see/tell. The MAJORITY of the user base HATES this new format. So I'm trying to understand WHY when NINETY PERCENT of your consumers say they HATE the new layout. WOULD YOU MAKE IT MANDATORY!?

Like I want to give the creators the benefit of the doubt they they aren't stupid, but I mean are they?

Spoiler

#77 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:55 AM

As I've said many times, the people running DeviantArt are fascists. They're utterly convinced that they're right and everyone else is wrong, and as long as enough people continue to use the site, then they'll continue to pull stunts like this.

Me, I don't hate the new layout. Some of the new features are actually kinda nice. It's just a big mess and I wish they hadn't changed it.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#78 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14818 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:05 AM

Huh, haven't been on DA in ages. I'll have to check it out.

#79 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26032 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

I hate the new format. That had been sllowing users to use either the new format or the old. I don't know why they didn't continue doing that. The new format has a couple nice features, but it doesn't nearly counter all the crap.

The old sight was streamlined. All the links you needed were on the screen with a minimal amount of scrolling. Now it's like someone came through and threw up all the pages in the air making everything you want to do an utter scroll fest. I hate it. It almost makes me want to drop my gallery.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#80 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:12 AM

Almost considered trying out the new Devintart again, but I bailed when I tried to search function.

Firstly you need to choose what type of result you want to see...and honestly this might be a decent idea in concept, but in practise it's a hurdle between getting to you and the art.

Secondly now the search, criteria's and all that stuff are on the top of the page, rather than the side. So you need to scroll up again to change it.

And lastly the layout's a real mess with the title of some art clipping through into others, making in hard to read, and spoiling the other pieces.

Also they got rid of the icon telling you if you favourited something.

So I'm just going to see which of the artist's I follow are posting their stuff elsewhere...

EDIT

I can like someone's comment?

huh

Why'd they add that? 

Edited by Trpodeca, 30 May 2020 - 05:47 AM.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users