Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Venting Thread

79 replies to this topic

#41 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3358 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

Saturday I get the delightful privilege of working all day with a coworker who I believe has dementia and I don't feel comfortable around. She goes around with this paranoid attitude like everyone is out to get here.

#42 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5499 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

This is a mini rant, so the venting thread works perfectly. I've brought this up before I believe so honestly I don't blame you for rolling your eyes at what I'm about to say, but honestly this just frustrates me so much.

So, I swear I'll be single forever.

Like I've said I've had issues with this before. I've basically accepted this just might be my life and while I'm still optimistic, I get you have to 'go out' to really meet people, which isn't easy for me. So like any person, I've looked at online dating.

Now I've heard from so many people to try eharmony. To which I decided I was going to do it this year. I got my tax return so I was going to sign up and get a profile on there.

So I got an email from them that said: "Review your matches for free!" and decided yeah I should do this today.

Okay first off that email is a flat out lie. You go through the process of setting stuff up, then it takes you to a payment screen you can't by pass. No you are NOT reviewing matches for free, you are PAYING for it, and THAT is where I remember I always end up taking one look at this and going. 

"You're kidding right?"

First off the plans say stuff like: "34.50 a month!" "12.95 a month!" Even with some of them saying that's only for a few of the months, then the price goes up. That's no problem, I can do that.

Except that's NOT how it works. You have three options. One payment/ Two payments/ or Three Payments.

So for one payment it's saying I'll be charged something like 300 bucks TODAY. Then I'll be signed up for a year. I'm sorry but what? That's not MONTHLY. WHY are you telling me monthly when it's clearly not? My best option is to do the three payments which is basically 100 bucks for three months. What if something bad happens and I need that 100 for something important? That's a big chunk of change to just be writing off each month.

Also, no matter how many people tell me it worked great for them. This is a gamble. Yeah maybe I'll meet some nice women, but there is also a chance nothing will come of it. I could drop 300 bucks right now for nothing in return.

I see it like paying 300 bucks on a kickstarter for something that might make it's goal, but then afterward could have the people in charge run off with all the money and you're out 300 bucks.

Am I crazy? That just seems like a really stupid thing to invest in.

I mean I get it, I've spent 200 on a couple of collector item things, but for those I sorta SAVED up. Put a bit away here, a bit away there. Even then in the end I'm GUARANTEED the item. There's no gamble. I'm not giving the store my money and them saying "Hey you might get it you might not" No I'm getting it for certain. It might have cost me a bunch, but I made sure I could spare that money, and I was guaranteed to get something from it.

This... this just sets off all sorts of warning lights in my head, and yet I feel writing this people will indeed think I'm nuts, or that it's worth the risk. I just don't know. Maybe you're all better off financially then me. (Actually I'm almost certain most of you are) but I take one look at that and think. "No, you're gonna be out 300 bucks"

I just don't even know anymore.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#43 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40087 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

I met my wife on Match.com, and it was a monthly charge.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#44 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4555 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

Same. Match.com waaaaaaay back in 2002.

Gotta be willing to take a risk, man. If you can't risk a couple hundred to even have a shot, how are you going to pay for dates? Woo-ing costs money, too.

If it's truly important to you, it's worth the risk. Investing that much puts you in a group of people who are also investing, aka serious about finding someone. Less likely to have your heart broken in that situation.

#45 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5499 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

Paying for a date I feel is different. Even if it doesn't work out, you're still actively doing something. You are paying money for a thing to happen. Yeah there's a risk, but it's something that one way or the other I'm going to get something out of. Be it an amazing time, or just experience.

This. This I feel is more like I'm going up to a guy my friend told me about, giving him 100 bucks and asking him to go find me some toy I've been after. Then I just go home and sit and wait.

The risk here is this guy can just walk off with my money and I never see them again. I'm not sure if I'm getting my feelings across right, but I want to put money toward something I can see the results from. I'm not throwing money at a 'maybe'.

Even then, I'd be fine giving something like 20 bucks a month to this maybe, so if Match.com really is monthly payment, I'll look into it.

eharmony is NOT monthly payment. It's give us almost 300 bucks right now, and we'll see what we can do. I'm just not sure how I'm suppose to see that as anything other then shady as all hell.

Spoiler

#46 Mat-Man

Mat-Man

Almost Human...

• Citizen
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

My buddy met his wife on OKCupid, and I believe it's free. Worth a look, anyway.

#47 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5499 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:52 AM

Checked out Match.com. It's not monthly, but it's cheaper then eharmony. Looking into it though, still sounds sketchy.

I'm on OKcupid, but have had minimal luck. Part of the reason I began to look into these 'more popular' dating sites to begin with.

I'm not even frustrated that I'm single. Honestly I still question if I'd make a good boyfriend. I mean I still get mad and yell at videogames. (Thankfully I don't throw controllers or anything like that, but still a grown man that yells at a game...)

I'm more just frustrated with all the things suggested to me seem to be roadblocks. This one is just how damn sketchy the payment plans work. You know if you signed up but decided to cancel, you aren't getting your money back right? I just. how do people not find this shady as bleep?

I know I'm rambling again, but I mean if I told you "Hey I can find that rare transformer toy/other item you've been searching for, but I need you to give me three hundred bucks up front right now." I mean even if other board members vouched for me, you'd be hesitant wouldn't you? You'd be giving me a good chunk of money for something that might not give you any results.

I guess at this point I'm just hoping someone sees where I'm coming from, and I'm not just some lunatic.

Maybe I'll talk myself into match.com, but I have a feeling I've made up my mind to pass. 

Spoiler

#48 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40087 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

According to the FAQ, Match.com does have a month to month plan.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#49 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14675 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, that does sound shady. Maybe the cheaper monthly plans are hidden behind the more expensive ones. But yeah, I don't think I'd want to pay that much up front for a "maybe".

#50 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 173 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:09 PM

My co-workers keep asking why do I keep hitting on 20 year olds. Asking what I could possibly have in common with someone that age and how I need to date people my own age. Like it is any of their business who I date and it is not like there are anyone who is my age that is single and looking. What if I'm just a friendly person who is looking for someone to talk to?

#51 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2008 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

My co-workers keep asking why do I keep hitting on 20 year olds. Asking what I could possibly have in common with someone that age and how I need to date people my own age. Like it is any of their business who I date and it is not like there are anyone who is my age that is single and looking. What if I'm just a friendly person who is looking for someone to talk to?

It is rough out there

Attached Thumbnails

• if-youre-40-its-time-to-leave-them-young-girls-alone-morbidsh-a-fblorbidshade-and-get-you-awoman-that-understands-the-signs-of-a-stroke-yzQpy.jpg

"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#52 Kaon

Kaon
  • Administrator
  • 4732 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

Ah man.

That made me lol so hard.

#53 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 173 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:35 PM

I'm not 40+ yet. But at that point maybe a stroke wouldn't be that bad?

#54 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5499 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:59 PM

Well just got off the phone disputing two chargers on my bank account. Something called "Cash app" which contained 'money transfers' of 100 bucks for one charge and 35 for another.

Yeah, so someone tried to rob me. What fun.

What worries me is I have no clue how they got into my account. I have my debit card right here. I have it set up to text me if my account doesn't recognize the computer. Only thing I could think of is maybe it was pay pal, as I didn't have that set up for 2 step verification. Which I sure as hell do now.

Only other thing I can think of is I lock my wallet away in a locker at work, which has my card in it. It's possible someone figured out my code and did this, but then why put the card back? Hoping I didn't notice?

Well I've disputed the charges, got a new card being sent. Not sure what else I can do at the moment.

Spoiler

#55 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14675 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:55 PM

Yikes. Good luck, hope they reverse the charges.

#56 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2308 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:59 PM

Wifey had her second debit card hacked in the last three months.  They are very ingenious in how they do it; the skimmers at the gas station, chip readers walking around stores and scanning the card in your pocket.  I understand that a lot of the stuff happens at the place where they print the cards, by people who work there.

I had my old debit card for four or five years, no chip and no issues  I had to get a new one when it expired, this one with a chip.  I had it less than a month and it was hacked.  Someone was trying to use it at a supercenter in Georgia while I was at work in Illinois.

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#57 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5499 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:51 PM

Wifey had her second debit card hacked in the last three months.  They are very ingenious in how they do it; the skimmers at the gas station, chip readers walking around stores and scanning the card in your pocket.  I understand that a lot of the stuff happens at the place where they print the cards, by people who work there.

I had my old debit card for four or five years, no chip and no issues  I had to get a new one when it expired, this one with a chip.  I had it less than a month and it was hacked.  Someone was trying to use it at a supercenter in Georgia while I was at work in Illinois.

What I find interesting about this is just last night I tried to buy a couple of things for dinner at my work and there was an 'error' reading my card. I tried again and it went through, then today I notice two charges that I didn't authorize. I'm starting to wonder if there is a connection.

Spoiler

#58 NOIP

NOIP

• Citizen
  • 2308 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:38 PM

Could very well be.
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#59 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10808 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:13 AM

I've been the victim of credit card fraud twice. First time, the card had no chip. The second time, it did.

There are some small ways to help protect against this kind of thing, RFID-blocking wallets and such. I don't know how effective they are, but I think they might be worth a shot.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#60 NOIP

NOIP

• Citizen
  • 2308 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

I think she got zapped last time because she used the pay at the pump at a gas station.  Those things are nothing but trouble.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users