Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 03:59 PM)

Just use the hose.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 03:52 PM)

Ask bing. It'll be a FAR more effective answer.

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Google, how do I get those durned kids off my lawn?

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Please ignore.  Old man here apparently doesn't know the difference between the "Search" field and the "Shoutbox" field.

Also doesn't know how to delete from the shoutbox

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM)

Huhn. Penny arcade was right, the division 2 is literally 3 dollars...

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 11:05 PM)

Oh, Wicked Cool Toys got the Halo toy license. This is a big year for Jazwares

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 07:02 PM)

iTunes/Apple TV has the complete Cowboy Bebop series for just $5!

@  fourteenwings : (17 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

The Samsung Galaxy B-TOOM!

@  Paladin : (16 February 2020 - 07:20 PM)

business is booming.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2020 - 06:49 PM)

SAmsung has you covered. Exploding phones.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Modern problems require modern solutions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Japan seems to have a tradition of murder things where cellphones facilitate the killing instead. Like King's Game and Doubt.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 05:17 PM)

Or there's just conveniently no reception, or all of their phones are dead at the same time. Or they're just stupid and forget about them.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 04:41 PM)

Now the slasher villain has to go and knock over the nearest cell tower before butchering horny teenagers.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 03:54 PM)

Think of all the horror and mystery movies that involve the bad guys cutting the phone line. Now think about how many people don't even have a land line to cut anymore.

@  Telly : (16 February 2020 - 03:47 PM)

its like that scene in commando. the bad guy has to get to a phone to call the big bad to tell him arnold isnt on the plane. that wouldnt happen today

@  Rycochet : (16 February 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Watching early episodes of the x-files will make you feel super old once you start to notice the techology they use, and the technology they lack.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 February 2020 - 01:00 PM)

This guy.

@  Roddie Luver : (15 February 2020 - 10:55 PM)

Hey

@  Kalidor : (14 February 2020 - 03:01 PM)

The ones that get me are the "Uploaded 12 years ago" ones

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 02:49 PM)

Makes you feel old, don't it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 February 2020 - 02:38 PM)

While browsing Youtube vids I read these comments: 'The X Files is such an underrated show' and another 'Brent Spiner is a underrated actor' I want to punch something.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:16 PM)

Besides: cupid freaks me out. "Find someone to love, or I'll SHOOT YOU".

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

It's just the day before Cheap Chocolate Day.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Meh, just more game time.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Valentine's day. Bummer.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Venting Thread

49 replies to this topic

#41 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8898 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:27 AM

My Google account got hacked! I got a Gmail message that my password got changed. And now I can't log into my Gmail, YouTube, blog!

I'm going to get to a steady wifi then try to get it back. Has this happened to someone before? Can anyone help?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#42 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3292 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

Saturday I get the delightful privilege of working all day with a coworker who I believe has dementia and I don't feel comfortable around. She goes around with this paranoid attitude like everyone is out to get here.

#43 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5364 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

This is a mini rant, so the venting thread works perfectly. I've brought this up before I believe so honestly I don't blame you for rolling your eyes at what I'm about to say, but honestly this just frustrates me so much.

So, I swear I'll be single forever.

Like I've said I've had issues with this before. I've basically accepted this just might be my life and while I'm still optimistic, I get you have to 'go out' to really meet people, which isn't easy for me. So like any person, I've looked at online dating.

Now I've heard from so many people to try eharmony. To which I decided I was going to do it this year. I got my tax return so I was going to sign up and get a profile on there.

So I got an email from them that said: "Review your matches for free!" and decided yeah I should do this today.

Okay first off that email is a flat out lie. You go through the process of setting stuff up, then it takes you to a payment screen you can't by pass. No you are NOT reviewing matches for free, you are PAYING for it, and THAT is where I remember I always end up taking one look at this and going. 

"You're kidding right?"

First off the plans say stuff like: "34.50 a month!" "12.95 a month!" Even with some of them saying that's only for a few of the months, then the price goes up. That's no problem, I can do that.

Except that's NOT how it works. You have three options. One payment/ Two payments/ or Three Payments.

So for one payment it's saying I'll be charged something like 300 bucks TODAY. Then I'll be signed up for a year. I'm sorry but what? That's not MONTHLY. WHY are you telling me monthly when it's clearly not? My best option is to do the three payments which is basically 100 bucks for three months. What if something bad happens and I need that 100 for something important? That's a big chunk of change to just be writing off each month.

Also, no matter how many people tell me it worked great for them. This is a gamble. Yeah maybe I'll meet some nice women, but there is also a chance nothing will come of it. I could drop 300 bucks right now for nothing in return.

I see it like paying 300 bucks on a kickstarter for something that might make it's goal, but then afterward could have the people in charge run off with all the money and you're out 300 bucks.

Am I crazy? That just seems like a really stupid thing to invest in.

I mean I get it, I've spent 200 on a couple of collector item things, but for those I sorta SAVED up. Put a bit away here, a bit away there. Even then in the end I'm GUARANTEED the item. There's no gamble. I'm not giving the store my money and them saying "Hey you might get it you might not" No I'm getting it for certain. It might have cost me a bunch, but I made sure I could spare that money, and I was guaranteed to get something from it.

This... this just sets off all sorts of warning lights in my head, and yet I feel writing this people will indeed think I'm nuts, or that it's worth the risk. I just don't know. Maybe you're all better off financially then me. (Actually I'm almost certain most of you are) but I take one look at that and think. "No, you're gonna be out 300 bucks"

I just don't even know anymore.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#44 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39441 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

I met my wife on Match.com, and it was a monthly charge.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#45 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4401 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

Same. Match.com waaaaaaay back in 2002.

Gotta be willing to take a risk, man. If you can't risk a couple hundred to even have a shot, how are you going to pay for dates? Woo-ing costs money, too.

If it's truly important to you, it's worth the risk. Investing that much puts you in a group of people who are also investing, aka serious about finding someone. Less likely to have your heart broken in that situation.

#46 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5364 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

Paying for a date I feel is different. Even if it doesn't work out, you're still actively doing something. You are paying money for a thing to happen. Yeah there's a risk, but it's something that one way or the other I'm going to get something out of. Be it an amazing time, or just experience.

This. This I feel is more like I'm going up to a guy my friend told me about, giving him 100 bucks and asking him to go find me some toy I've been after. Then I just go home and sit and wait.

The risk here is this guy can just walk off with my money and I never see them again. I'm not sure if I'm getting my feelings across right, but I want to put money toward something I can see the results from. I'm not throwing money at a 'maybe'.

Even then, I'd be fine giving something like 20 bucks a month to this maybe, so if Match.com really is monthly payment, I'll look into it.

eharmony is NOT monthly payment. It's give us almost 300 bucks right now, and we'll see what we can do. I'm just not sure how I'm suppose to see that as anything other then shady as all hell.

Spoiler

#47 Mat-Man

Mat-Man

Almost Human...

• Citizen
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

My buddy met his wife on OKCupid, and I believe it's free. Worth a look, anyway.

#48 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5364 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:52 AM

Checked out Match.com. It's not monthly, but it's cheaper then eharmony. Looking into it though, still sounds sketchy.

I'm on OKcupid, but have had minimal luck. Part of the reason I began to look into these 'more popular' dating sites to begin with.

I'm not even frustrated that I'm single. Honestly I still question if I'd make a good boyfriend. I mean I still get mad and yell at videogames. (Thankfully I don't throw controllers or anything like that, but still a grown man that yells at a game...)

I'm more just frustrated with all the things suggested to me seem to be roadblocks. This one is just how damn sketchy the payment plans work. You know if you signed up but decided to cancel, you aren't getting your money back right? I just. how do people not find this shady as bleep?

I know I'm rambling again, but I mean if I told you "Hey I can find that rare transformer toy/other item you've been searching for, but I need you to give me three hundred bucks up front right now." I mean even if other board members vouched for me, you'd be hesitant wouldn't you? You'd be giving me a good chunk of money for something that might not give you any results.

I guess at this point I'm just hoping someone sees where I'm coming from, and I'm not just some lunatic.

Maybe I'll talk myself into match.com, but I have a feeling I've made up my mind to pass. 

Spoiler

#49 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39441 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

According to the FAQ, Match.com does have a month to month plan.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#50 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14149 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, that does sound shady. Maybe the cheaper monthly plans are hidden behind the more expensive ones. But yeah, I don't think I'd want to pay that much up front for a "maybe".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users