Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (23 July 2019 - 10:04 AM)

That does sound like fun.

@  Dekafox : (23 July 2019 - 09:35 AM)

Fun note: in the US(at least), by default if someone has your routing number and account number off a check, they can pull as much money out as they want with nothing you can do about it until after the fact.

@  Paladin : (23 July 2019 - 07:23 AM)

anything burns if it gets hot enough.

@  Benbot : (23 July 2019 - 07:12 AM)

That's why you should keep your under-the-bed money in gold and silver--that won't burn!

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 July 2019 - 05:34 AM)

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171003-proof-that-people-have-always-complained-about-young-adults

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 July 2019 - 02:24 AM)

Disparaging the youth has been a pastime for thousands of years. Pretty much every society we have writing from has some version of "kids these days" at some point.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 July 2019 - 02:21 AM)

Numfar! dance of pain.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 July 2019 - 01:49 AM)

If the USA vanished from Earth prior to millennials (later to be joined by Generation Z) coming of age, would the global community have the same magnitude of disparaging upon youths as a pastime because old boomers are insecure about their inability to handle new technology?

@  Ashley : (23 July 2019 - 12:02 AM)

This wasn't that, this was a "we don't trust banks!" thing

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 11:57 PM)

Well I know when I first got my back pay for disability, some of the paperwork said I couldn't have so much in the bank after 30 days...so I had to take out a huge chunk of cash.

@  Ashley : (22 July 2019 - 11:53 PM)

I know a family who lost thousands of dollars in a house fire because they were literally keeping it under the bed. Don't underestimate the USA's luddism.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 10:39 PM)

The US is filled with people LITERALLY proud of their ignorance of tech. Don't expect the US to be a major power in the next 30 years.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 10:25 PM)

Most people in Australia that I've heard of use electronic transactions for rent (and similar things). I mean, doubtless there are some people who use cash for various reasons of varying levels of ethics, but most require electronic transfers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:22 PM)

But I don't understand Paladin's premise of "allowing the landlord access to one's bank account". I'm pretty sure I have acquaintances who pay monthly by check or automated bank transfer.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:15 PM)

I know many lower-end restaurants in the USA take cash only as a probable method of tax evasion. Perhaps that is why some landlords do as well. Alternatively, such people demand cash upfront because they have thin profit margins or whatever and are too afraid of spending the time and effort to pursue someone whose check or electronic payment bounced.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:14 PM)

@Nevermore The USA is a place where lots of people can proliferate at being technologically behind. e.g. almost no one accepts or pays by contactless yet despite the inherent security of the process. And by having a population of over 300 million we can generate large quantities of believers in the Luddite fallacy and such.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:59 PM)

I pay by credit card whenever possible for the rewards/points, but utilities don't usually allow that so those I just pay through the online bill payment feature rather than mess around with pre-authorizations

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Most monthly or whatever payments are done electronically around here, I think. Mine certainly are. Whether by pre-authorized debit, an e-transfer (transfer from one bank account to another), or your bank's online bill payment system/database

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:04 PM)

If I overpaid, it may take several months for them to pay me back the difference. If I underpaid, they're very quick with demanding the difference.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:03 PM)

Meanwhile, I can write a tax report, but since the employer already deduced the standard legal taxes from my monthly payment, the tax report is also mostly just to let the tax authority determine if I underpaid or overpaid.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:02 PM)

Based on my average costs for the year, they will then calculate the estimated monthly costs for the upcoming year.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:01 PM)

At the end of the year, the power company will send me an annual invoice which shows if I overpaid or underpaid. If I overpaid, the difference may just be deduced from my December bill.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

I also pay my monthly gas and electricity bills that way.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

It's funny. Here in Germany, many people still pay cash in stores, restaurants etc. (the staff usually asks "cash or wireless?"), but many regular payments are handled wirelessly and automatically.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Around the same time, I get sent a slip from payroll that lists my gross income, all the deductions and the net income, i.e. the final transaction sum.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:56 PM)

My monthly payment from my employer is wirelessly transferred to my bank account. Taxes, health insurance, unemployment insurance and social security fees are calculated by the payroll department, handled by the employer, and I just get paid the rest after taxes and everything.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

yes. you're assuming US employers would pay fairly & take fairly.

@  Telly : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

we dont get paid on a monthly basis, if thats what you mean. i myself get paid every 2 weeks. some are every week. and if im telling you something you already know, just ignore me...

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:54 PM)

Which I assume doesn't work that way in the US either?

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:53 PM)

That way you may time the transaction with your monthly payment from your employer.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You don't need to give the landlord access to anything. You go to your bank, show the clerk your bank account card, give them the landlord's bank details, tell them the exact amount of the rent and which day of the month the transaction should happen, sign the order, and you're done.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:49 PM)

most Americans wouldn't trust a landlord with access to their bank account.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Do people in other countries really still pay their landlords in cash? Here in Germany, it's very common to have the payment as an automated bank transaction on a set day of the month, so if the payment is late, it's either the bank's fault, or there's not enough money on the bank account.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

meanwhile some of us are trying to calculate if they'll have a spare forty bucks at the end of the week for some food...

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pete's Robot Convention and twerk academy.

1022 replies to this topic

#681 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

Yes pretty please.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#682 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28151 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

And maybe some more from the BotCon 2014 BotCon Retrospective Panel. So far, only the Toxic Mayhem and Crosshairs w/ Pinpointer concepts have been publicly shown. :thumbsup

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#683 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11834 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

Hey random thought:

That Megatron from Sixshot has a "submarine" mode, right? :D
From the Page of Cage!

#684 Broadside

Broadside

Crack Calibre Laser-Blazer Broadside

• Staff
  • 10937 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

Something that struck me as odd when I read that list of proposals - the suggested use of Rollbar from Movie Stockade. I thought all 2007 movie molds were off-limits?

3nAcIwa.png

#685 Petes Robot Con

Petes Robot Con

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1587 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

Something that struck me as odd when I read that list of proposals - the suggested use of Rollbar from Movie Stockade. I thought all 2007 movie molds were off-limits?

Only licensed vehicles.

#686 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

On a related note, apparently BotCon 2015 Lift-Ticket's preliminary name was "Salvage". Was this a reference to the 2007 movie toyline Autobot?
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#687 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42252 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

Yup. Red tow truck <-> red pick-up red.

But since it was supposed to be a new/Diaclone character, it was decided that we should forgo any name previously given to a TF. So the GI Joe names were adopted. (Burnout's working name was always just "Diaclone Skids", if you wondered.)

#688 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42252 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Digital mock-ups and some alt mode/Titanmasters

#689 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3045 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

Probably some of my favorite FP stuff yet. #irony

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#690 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28151 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

HOORAY! :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

Any more mock-ups coming? Like for Armada Jetfire and such?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#691 Twilight Noisemaze

Twilight Noisemaze
  • Citizen
  • 198 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

And voted lol

#692 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28151 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

Also, is Alexis's deco based on anything?

#693 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2329 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

I need six changer Megatron, Skyfall, and those UT repaints now.

Edited by LordGigaIce, 29 June 2017 - 11:02 AM.

• SoS likes this

#694 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42252 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

Also, is Alexis's deco based on anything?

Her helmet and the white bits are based on her space suit, the gunmetal blue and maroon is just the unfortunate side effect of gang molding with Hot Shot.

Same goes for Lori, her deco is largely based on the shared plastic trees on Override.

Edited by NightViper, 29 June 2017 - 11:10 AM.

• SoS likes this

#695 PortalTron

PortalTron

Master of Miscommunication

• Citizen
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

It's a terrible shame that these didn't get made.  I absolutely love every figure here!

Also, since Rumbler, Jetfire, Devcon, and Turbomaster didn't get any mock-ups (not that we've seen anyway), I wonder what the initial plans were for them....

#696 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42252 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Rumbler was the concept for the Custom Class figure. Those very rarely had digital mock-ups since they came from Shawn's imagination.

The other three were just random alternates that had been floating around - For instance, Dion & Devcon were considered for a souvenir pairing at one point. Armada Jetfire was the alternate for the UT anniversary figures. Turbomaster was at one point mentioned as the attendee figure.

Edited by NightViper, 29 June 2017 - 11:16 AM.

#697 PortalTron

PortalTron

Master of Miscommunication

• Citizen
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Rumbler was the concept for the Custom Class figure. Those very rarely had digital mock-ups since they came from Shawn's imagination.

The other three were just random alternates that had been floating around - For instance, Dion & Devcon were considered for a souvenir pairing at one point. Armada Jetfire was the alternate for the UT anniversary figures. Turbomaster was at one point mentioned as the attendee figure.

Ah, that makes more sense.  Thanks for the info!

Also, I really love seeing all of these unused concepts and ideas from Fun Pub.  Is there anyway that more information on the unused ideas be released in the future?  Are there any mock-ups of figures that were never made?  I love seeing the unused concepts.

#698 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5495 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

Zao, now you have me wondering if we might have met at one of the Slagacons, but honestly my memory is so hazy at this point that you probably could have been dressed like a clown and I'd still be clueless. :doh

I'm a tall red-haired guy with a facial piercing. I kinda stick out. I was wearing my BotCon 2008 shirt (with SG Prime on it). The panels I sat at, I was normally in the front row or two on the right side.

All these years... Why didn't you ever say that's who you were??? Geez!!

Also I was going to say I didn't happen to see you at PRC, but then I looked at the photos I took and you're dead center in the one dealer room pic. So, uhm, don't know how I missed you. :D

Hey, I don't hide in the shadows! Although I think only Spectre and Cheets I've met in person (and Spectre was briefly a long time ago). And GBB too, but he's from several boards heh. One time I met up with 2-3 AllSparkers locally to see one of the movie trainwrecks I think (third one?). I think HeyMickey was one of the people, not sure about the others, but my old man brain probably wouldn't recognize them if I saw them again.

Who are you? Are you in any of the pics?

And I know which picture you're talking about. One of my buddies on FB commented on it about me. I should have described myself as "the fat balding guy" hah.

#699 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42252 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

I actually somehow evaded all of the cameras last weekend. I was, though, the guy in the middle seat during the Making Of a Club/Con Exclusive panel.

#700 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

Why does that render of Rad look like it's done from Diac? I thought the mockup I saw at PRC was done from Infinitus.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users