Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

VM's Adventures in Playstation VR! Now Featuring Farpoint Review!

9 replies to this topic

#1 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

Okay, so not really sure if anyone else here has been able to pick the PlaystationVR up, but if you are thinking of doing so, or have already. I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions of what we have offered to us at the moment.

Basically I'll be putting my own thoughts, while leaving it open for others to share theirs in order to help anyone who might be interested.

Game 1: Resident Evil 7 DEMO.

Certainly a neat thing to test it out if you are wanting to see how it'd work for 'horror' games. Having played the demo several times before I got VR, I can safely say that it really does add to the experience. There is a part in the hall that leads to the basement where I had to stop and double check to make sure the wavy curtain was just that. Something that gave me unease, which I had never even noticed in non-VR.

Only one suggestion though: If you aim to beat the demo and get the dirty coin. Don't do it in VR. It's cool, but just makes the process of avoiding the monster way more difficult then needed. At least that's my experience.

Game 2: Miku Hatsune VR Live

Okay, so I've only got the demo, but honestly I think that's all you'll need. From what I can gather it's just her singing different songs, but always on the same stage. While you can actually stand ON the stage while this is happening, which is rather cool, it just doesn't feel like I'd want to spend 14.99 on a random selection of songs. (That you apparently can't choose the order of) With only one other area to go to when you get a private show.

Might get this for friends though. I hear there is a free VR mode/thing in Project Diva for the PS4 which I need to look into.

Game 3: Psyconaughts in the Rhombus of Ruin

Okay so I was a huge fan of the first game, so seeing there was a VR game, I decided to jump on it and got it for around 18 with my PS+ discount.

Was it worth it? Well... yes and no.

It has the same great humor the first game has, and it was great seeing the characters doing stuff again. However, like most VR things right now. It's short. Not "very" short, but short. I'd say you can get maybe around an hour to an hour and a half of playtime, assuming you have any difficulty figuring out the puzzles.

I also don't know if it was because I was tired at the time, but I swear the graphics seemed fuzzier then usual for it. It's still a very neat concept of gameplay and was fun to mess around in. I'm sure to play through it again at some point.

Game 4: Batman Arkham VR

Alright! Let's play this game- It's over.

That's honestly how this feels. For about 17 bucks used... I can barely say it's worth it. Honestly showing it off to your friends might be the only reason to keep it. There is a 'batarang' target game in the bat cave you can play, but all in all there isn't much content.

What you DO get however, is freaking amazing. The areas are so detailed and real looking. I honestly felt like I was IN Gotham. Like there is a time at the start where you can look into a window, and you just want to reach in and grab stuff from there.

One curious thing about this particular game is it basically forces you to play it standing up. I'm sure there is a way to trick the system and still sit down, but I didn't do that.

Given how short it is though, you'll barely care. Also, have and use the move controllers for this game. They're worth it.

Game 5: Star Wars Battlefront: Rouge One VR Mission

This will cost you about 15 bucks at the moment. 14 if you have a gamestop pro membership like I do.

The bad is that in order to play this. You have to install the game. Download the extra mission from the store, THEN download the latest game patch in order to access this ONE mission. This can take a couple of hours depending on things.

However, I feel it was SO worth the trouble. It's just so cool being in the cockpit of an X-Wing getting to fly around space and shoot Tie Fighters, as well as a part where you fly through an asteroid field. I really REALLY want a Star Wars VR game now. That one mission was NOT enough!

Game 6: The final game I got to buy and have played is the best of the bunch so far.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

For twenty bucks, you are getting your money's worth. Seven stages of frightning awesomeness to play through.

If you do play this, you MUST have the move controllers. I can't stress that enough. It's truly the way it was meant to be played.

I've had fun going through the levels again and again, just for the thrill of it. (Though they will loose their luster eventually, but that's basically any game.)

Gotta say though, I don't think they've figured out how to VR 'fire' yet. The level where you see it burning around you at the end shows just how fake it looks.

This is also the perfect game to have your friends play. I suggest "Hotel Hell" for a great reaction.  :D

That's all I have for now.

Come Thursday I'll likely be checking out Resident Evil 7 proper as I finally got the dirty coin item.

There are other ones I'm very interested in checking out, but money is an issue.

Edited by videomaster21XX, 19 May 2017 - 10:56 AM.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#2 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Okay, so it's been a while, but I finally managed to get a decent amount of play time in RE7.

My god this game is creepy. A monster walking around the corner can scare the hell out of you.

Walking by a window, I'm afraid of something grabbing me. Certainly worth every penny I paid.

Hell there was a point in the game where I had seen a play through and KNEW what was coming and I STILL jumped.

The scaling seems a bit off to me sometimes, but it's not enough to really hamper the game. Also I really hope you can get a bigger inventory.

Other VR games I have my eyes on:

Really want to check out Mortal Blitz. When I'm able to afford to pick it up, I'll report my feelings here.

Spoiler

#3 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 4833 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

I got to try out one of these a few months ago when I stumbled into a Best Buy. Time was limited, of course, so I had to choose one thing to do, and I picked the VR Worlds mini game where you're in a power suit in space doing a salvage mission, whatever it's called. Because I had watched Video Games Awesome play it and it looked the closest to a real game of anything they had on offer. It was... interesting, and the controller tracking was probably the most impressive thing about it (especially considering all the necessary hardware was built into the DS4 back when it first launched), but I did notice that I could kind of see the pixels. It didn't make the graphics look any worse, just like I was looking at them through a very fine window screen. The headset was very comfy, though, considering I get flushed from just wearing large-cup headphones. I'd heard that the headsets for other VR systems are heavy and hard to keep on for any length of time.

I'd love to get a chance to try out one of the games people have said make them motion sick, because I think I might be immune to motion sickness, judging from my past experiences with certain video games and theme park rides.

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#4 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

I think I might be immune to such things myself.

My roommate couldn't make it through the Star Wars VR mission. I've done it several times now with not issues.

Spoiler

#5 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

So side note. My friend wants to be there when I play RE7, which is why it's taken a while.

He'll be here Thursday's though, so come this Thursday I'm planning on streaming my sessions online.

If anyone is interested in watching my twitch is:

https://www.twitch.t...videomaster21xx

Only issue is I don't know when I can start as it depends on when my friend gets here and possibly after I go anywhere to do anything. So it can be anywhere between noon-to about 7:30 when I'll have to stop for other events.

If there is interest, should I post that I'm starting in here? Or would it be easier to link the youtube channel I'll be posting my 'Stream starting up' videos to?

Spoiler

#6 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

https://www.twitch.t...videomaster21xx

Not sure if anyone is interested, but starting it up.

Spoiler

#7 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Starting up again.

Spoiler

#8 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

Well I beat Resident Evil 7. I can certainly say it was worth every penny when you play it in VR. I can't tell you how many times I jumped at silly little things popping out.

If you happen to get VR, get this game if you can handle horror. Be warned though, it's going to creep you out.

NEXT GAME:

Farpoint:

I've not played even an hour of this yet but oh my god the immersion!

First off, if you are going to play this game you NEED the gun peripheral that comes with it. The game just will NOT feel right otherwise.

I've played maybe 40 minutes, but I can say, it felt like I was on this alien planet. Walking around, seeing the dust blow, the cave I walked into with glowing plants... Yeah that made the price worth it right there, and you MUST have headphones on. I didn't do it with RE7, but I'm doing it here.

Now, I can't say too much as I've not played a bunch, but I can say two things right now:

Movement speed. It's quick and some of you may find yourself loosing balance, or getting motion sickness, but I think you can adjust that in the options.

It says to have the camera above your TV for best results. I played with it under, and while it was working, I noticed my assault gun seemed to de-sync with it's alignment of how I was actually holding it. Usually a one handed flick of my arm would correct it, but it could possibly get annoying. I'll see how it works above my TV.

Alien spiders jumping at you is scary as hug.

It is best to play this standing up. It can tell if you are crouched/sitting down.

Problem with price: I paid 79.99 plus tax for this. That's the bundle price for the game and gun, and like I said you NEED that gun to get the full experience. It's a bit pricey, but if you can drop that, I highly recommend this game so far.

Now I hear it's like most VR games and is only about 5 hours long, but I think the experience makes up for that. It's also got co-op, which if someone here ends up getting the game and wants to co-op it, let me know!

Spoiler

#9 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Started up a stream of Farpoint. https://www.twitch.t...videomaster21xx

Spoiler

#10 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:45 PM

Oh boy, so I revive this thread to give a warning. If you were curious about checking out Project Lux.

You probably shouldn't. Not unless you speak and understand fluent Japanese.

One of the Limited Run VR games they released a physical disc for, I picked it up thinking it sounded interesting.

It's not 'terrible', but it is a very basic VR experience. Worth maybe an hour of your time.

It's biggest flaws come from the fact it's only in Japanese. It has English subtitles, but to be frank they're kinda bad.

One they are at a downward angle, so to read them you constantly have to tilt your head down, and miss what Lux is doing as you try to read them. It's very awkward.

Second, though minimal in the first four chapters, some of what your character says doesn't get subtitles. Like You'll see what Lux just said linger on the screen, then as you talk, it remains on her dialogue, and you never get anything on what you are saying. I had it happen once when my guy spoke for a long time, with her previous dialogue stuck on the screen, only to briefly show me what I said for a split second before transferring to the next scene. Making actually READING that impossible.

But then there is the biggest sin. This happens again during the FINAL CHAPTER where everything is reaching the climax. Except this time you never see any subtitles for your dialogue period. It shows only hers, and every time you speak, it remains on hers, then switches to the next thing you said. For like 60% of the chapter, I can HEAR myself speak, but since I don't know Japanese, and the subtitles don't want to display what I'm saying, it just takes me right out of the story given I can only understand half of it.

It's a cute diversion if you can pick it up for under ten bucks, but you simply aren't missing much.

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users