Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

HORIZON: Zero Dawn...So Pretty!

RPG Action Playstation 4

35 replies to this topic

#1 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3896 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:08 AM

So, after settling for the "Digital Deluxe Edition" (both places I pre-ordered it screwed me out of my Collectors Edition,by both being "backordered" and telling me I wouldn't get mine till sometime next week, Cure You Gamecheap.com and Best Buy!) of HORIZON: Zero Dawn (saved $70, but I don't get the cool statue, steel book case, or the art book...but you get a digital version of said book so I guess that's ok, and you still get all but one of the DLCs)...

I can honestly say that this game being one of the main reasons I got a PS4 (The Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 being the other reasons) was one hell of a good choice on my part.

From the great controls, to the great story, to the ABSOLUTLY STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS visuals, this game does not disappoint one bit. it being listed as an "action RPG" initially had me really worried that it was gonna be some kind DARK SOULS punishing shitfest, where swinging a sword and dodging out of the way takes 45mins and you still die 1000 times no matter how precise you are...thankfully I was baseless In said fears because this is way more of an RPG with action elements, think the DARKSIDERS series meets an outdoorsy game, like FAR CRY PRIMAL, or a Battlefield Earth Assassins Creed, and you'd be kinda close to this.

Ive got about 2 hours into it, have had almost no frustrating want to throw controller at tv moments, and that makes me happy. Plus, it is just so dang PRETTY!

Generally speaking, I dont like to give out numbers or star ratings..but for this? its a 9.5 out of 10, 4.8 stars out of five...in other words, get this game, play this game, love this game...this, I command! or something....whatever hehe =]

ok back to the game now =]

Edited by D Immortalis, 01 March 2017 - 03:12 AM.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#2 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

it being listed as an "action RPG" initially had me really worried that it was gonna be some kind DARK SOULS punishing shitfest, where swinging a sword and dodging out of the way takes 45mins and you still die 1000 times no matter how precise you are

You know when your glowing recommendation contains an exaggerated swipe at a game I really like it doesn't do much to endear me to your opinion, dude.

Edited by 2017, 01 March 2017 - 03:32 AM.

• Jet likes this

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#3 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

• Citizen
  • 3896 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:29 AM

I'm sorry...seriously...theyre just not my cup of tea. Those kind of games, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Lord of the Fallen, just seem like difficulty and punishment for difficulty and punishments sake. They feel like the digital equivalent of those purposely hard obstacle courses people do for "fun".

I'm a gamer who views a challenge as something that ruins a game. I've never once played something on a difficulty above normal / medium. I see Batman: Arkham City as a cool game that's ruined by the Mister Freeze battle. I hated FALLOUT 4 because it wasn't Fallout 3 enough (also the same reason I didn't enjoy New Vegas).

Its just a genre of games I know aren't made for me, but i'm glad that people do like them. Sort of how I feel the Batgirl revamp ruined the book, and can't read or enjoy Squirrel-girl, but I get why people love those books, theyre just not made for me.

My ragging on them was just a bit of ball-busting...something I realize doesn't come thru in text...so yeah, honestly, I am sorry.

I'd do it again...

#4 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:46 AM

It's okay. How many difficulty settings has Horizon got?

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#5 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

You said it correctly, the controls are very precise. I love the combat.

The visuals are staggering, made all the more spectacular by photo mode.

So this is going to be a pretty good month for gaming. If I didn't have a pesky career in the way, I'd lock myself in a room with my consoles and some astronaut ice cream.

#6 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

• Citizen
  • 3896 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

It's okay. How many difficulty settings has Horizon got?

I wanna say easy, normal, hard, and very hard...but I might be missing one.

You said it correctly, the controls are very precise. I love the combat.

The visuals are staggering, made all the more spectacular by photo mode.

So this is going to be a pretty good month for gaming. If I didn't have a pesky career in the way, I'd lock myself in a room with my consoles and some astronaut ice cream.

I think my only control complaint is not being able to se the camera movement speed...id love if I could get it like 10%-15% slower...but that's such a minor thing that with a few hours of play it gets to feel fine...just feels a little fast at the start.

Edited by D Immortalis, 01 March 2017 - 10:02 AM.

I'd do it again...

#7 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14347 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

my copy will arrive tomorrow.  ordering on the day of at amazon saved me $10. Worth it.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#8 RYNO

RYNO

Ready to Roll Out

• Citizen
  • 5586 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

So got about 10 hours into this game, and it is awesome...

Just finished my first Cauldron... Holy Cow...

The graphics.... in my opinion Game Changer. There is pretty and then their is this.

My love of this currently is right up their with Super Metroid... What Super Metroid did for Gaming, I think this make be close, but way to early to tell that.

Got to see how the story plays out, and how the rest of the game manages itself. But so far I am in love with this.

#9 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Just finished my first Cauldron... Holy Cow...

I really hope thew Cauldrons get a little more interesting, more dungeon-y, further along in the game. The only thing this title is missing is Zelda-like dungeons.

Yep.

#10 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14347 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

I feel bad.  I've watched the opening cut scene and that's it.  Been spending all my time in Hyrule.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#11 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1429 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

For the first time, I regret not having a PS4, just for this game

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#12 M Virion

M Virion

Sure-footed, newly free

• Retired Staff
  • 19321 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

I plan on getting into this later this year, when I finally put down Zelda. Really excited to play it.

I see Batman: Arkham City as a cool game that's ruined by the Mister Freeze battle.

Man. I just don't get that. That fight was my favorite thing in the game other than just gliding around. I had a save file on hard specifically setup right before it so I could keep going in and trying to find new methods to approach it. I adored that bit of gameplay. I gushed about it to everyone I knew at the time.

#13 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1429 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Agreed. The Mister Freeze battle was a really clever bit of gameplay that forced you to really think and not just use the same techniques to take down enemies.

Was a challenge sure, and I got stressed. But it was damn fun and so satisfying when I did it.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#14 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

I feel bad.  I've watched the opening cut scene and that's it.  Been spending all my time in Hyrule.

My copy of "Horizon: Zero Dawn"arrived Thursday night, and promptly crashed during the opening cinematic. Feeling pissed I went out that evening and got a Switch along with "Breath of the Wild" as it was launching that evening. I hadn't even planned to buy a Switch until the Winter, but I was so looking forward to "Horizon: Zero Dawn" that I wanted that open world gameplay.

The next day at work, before even taking the Switch and "Zelda" out of the box, I saw a post from the developer in a Reddit thread and followed their instructions to get through the opening without crashing. Now I'm keeping the Switch in the box and leaving "Breath of the Wild" in the packaging as a reward for once I've worked my way through "Horizon: Zero Dawn", which hasn't been hard.

In general I really dislike open world games, but this feels a lot more like "Red Dead Redemption" than a "Grand Theft Auto" game.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 09 March 2017 - 02:27 PM.

Yep.

#15 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6020 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Just got this game, and love it so far. Mostly.

Right now, I'm a bit overwhelmed by what to do with scrap collected. Trying to figure out what I should keep & what I should sell. Plus, I've no real clue about which weapons/armors are the best. Plus, the way Teb talked about clothing, I guess there's always a negative for some bonus that the armor provides.

Plus, sometimes the game holds your hand too much, and other times it barely flashes what you need to do on the screen. Like when I got my first Strider (horse thing) & got on it's back. I didn't know you needed to hit the jump button to get it into a gallop. So shortly after I sneak up on my mount, the rest of the herd noticed me right away. If I knew how to move, I could have made it away no issue. However, because I was panicked, I ended up having to fight the rest of the herd until I got things calmer to figure out how the controls worked.  Also wish that when Alloy says something like 'I'm detecting a signal' she might give an indication which direction.  I'm still getting used to the Focus, and it can give background details that distract me from what I'm supposed to look at.  This was especially true when we first got the thing, and needed to find our way out of the cave.

As such, I'm taking a break, as keeping on the lookout for a good guide that isn't too wordy & doesn't rely on Youtube videos.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#16 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6020 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

So I'm not sure if I'm the only one who had this problem, but I couldn't get back into Mother's Watch to collect the secret

Spoiler
that's hidden inside.  Supposedly, the gate opens at night, and while I've seen videos showing it done (with audio that seems to confirm it's not a glitch, but intentional), I wasn't able to get it to work myself.

However, I found this video that helps you get past the invisible wall that prevents you from climbing, by showing how you can use a mount to get yourself just past the invisible wall that prevents you from climbing.  However, you need to watch the video in full, because you need to enter a very specific point.  If you try anywhere else, you'll end up inside, but there will be an invisible wall that keeps you on the very edge of the village.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#17 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6020 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

For the first time, I regret not having a PS4, just for this game

Well there's The Last of Us 2 coming out.  I personally really liked Uncharted 4.  I've also got to get around to playing Gravity Rush 2, but I haven't gotten through Gravity Rush 1 just yet.

Personally, I find the PS4 has a decent exclusive line up that suits my tastes.

My FlickR folder...

#18 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

So I'm not sure if I'm the only one who had this problem, but I couldn't get back into Mother's Watch....

The story specifically mentions the gate only opening at night early on in the story. It sounds like it NOT opening is the glitch.

EDIT: That said, I'm about 80% of the way though the game and am REALLY enjoying it. Like, Top 10 All-Time. I'm enjoying it so much that I'm mashing the TouchPad whenever I scan anything, hoping to get even more of the storyline. It's the first time I've wanted to Platinum a game, if just to get as much of the fiction as possible.

Was anyone else really weirded out by the long cut scene when...

Spoiler

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 21 March 2017 - 11:29 AM.

Yep.

#19 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6020 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Heard that some DLC will come out for this eventually.  Which is pretty great, since the map is really huge & gives lots of room to work with.  And some of the bottomless pits that are in robot facilities could easily have extra layers added.

I also really like how the errands effect the overall plot. 

Just need to get all suns in all challenges (didn't even bother to visit 2 of the lodges) & find all the txt/audio items in the game to get a 100% complete.  But seriously, this was the most content packed game I've played ever.  Just when I thought there wouldn't be any more missions to find, there were more.

And I haven't even read through half the txt files.

My FlickR folder...

#20 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26025 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

I just got this used last night. It was one of those games where I saw the trailer and was like "I must have this." But then I got caught up in Final Fantasy XV, Mass Effect Andromeda, Breath of the Wild, another play through of the Mass Effect Trilogy, I have no money...

But I finally managed to get my hands on it last night and...wow! This thing is gorgeous. It kind of reminds me of a cross between new Tomb Raider and Skyrim...but not quite?

There sure is a lot of looting you have to do to keep supplies up. Lucky thing there's no shortage of things to loot.

Well, it's been five minutes since I stopped playing. I better get back to it.

EDIT:
Well, just defeated my first Sawtooth. That was...sloppy. Very, very...sloppy! Oh well! I survived at least.

Edited by Caldwin, 06 August 2017 - 10:18 AM.

PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users