Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo
- - - - -

What movie/TV cliche annoys you the most?

129 replies to this topic

#121 topazy

topazy
  • Citizen
  • 5 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

Searching the Stalls. Why are the other stall doors closed if there's no one in them? Did the person hiding have time to go into the each stall, lock it, crawl under the door, and then repeat the process for each and every other stall? If so... maybe you should have just used that time to get further away rather than engage in this elaborate and easy to solve ruse.

Edited by topazy, 17 August 2020 - 01:07 AM.

#122 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6530 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:21 AM

Neck snaps an instant kill. It isn't.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#123 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43790 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:27 PM

Neck snaps an instant kill. It isn't.

To be fair: after your neck is snapped, you aren't a threat anymore, so even if you aren't dead there's still no reason for the story to focus on that character anymore.

But NOW, I wanna do a legal drama where someone who had their neck snapped goes to court to sue the hell outta the action hero who did it after years of hospitalization and therapy.

Think about it, it would be an awesome premise: Whole movie opens on a slow shot of the guys neck being snapped. Slow and blurry blinking montage of the back of the guy who did it running away, and fade to black. Then the "waking up in the hospital" trope. Explained it's been like six months, only the wife's begging stopped them from pulling the plug. Then the whole feel good "slowly improving montage" and off to the lawyers office. The whole movie ends with the action hero being sentenced: "John McClain, you're hereby sentenced to 25 years to life for aggravated assault and attempt at murder".

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#124 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 35039 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

I don't want to watch a show where the hall is full of almost dead neck snapped bad guys wiggling around or whatever.

#125 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11835 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

Similarly, Arrow treated "getting shot with an arrow" as instantly fatal (yet none of the deaths mattered because they were mooks), when more realistically you'd just have a hallway full of guys screaming in pain and needing medical help.

And then going bankrupt, because America.

#126 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33786 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

Instant-kills of any stripe in movies and TV are usually bullshit. Sure, instant-kills do exist: blow enough of someone's brain out, and they die pretty much immediately. Decapitation is essentially an instant-death. Severe damage to the heart results in a very quick death.

The issue is, as Axaday implied, that reality is much more disturbing. In reality, people are much harder to kill than movies would have you believe, what with its plethora of single stabs or shots to the gut, for example, resulting in a very rapid death. Strangulation is particularly egregious, which is why when its done in a film as the drawn out struggle it actually is, the result is very upsetting imagery. Real-life Human beings have survived horrendous injuries that would kill most action and horror-film victims 16x over.

So yeah, most people don't want to see that, and networks/ratings boards usually aren't going to allow it.

Edited by CORVUS, 17 August 2020 - 05:39 PM.

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#127 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1418 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:11 PM

Think about it, it would be an awesome premise: Whole movie opens on a slow shot of the guys neck being snapped. Slow and blurry blinking montage of the back of the guy who did it running away, and fade to black. Then the "waking up in the hospital" trope. Explained it's been like six months, only the wife's begging stopped them from pulling the plug. Then the whole feel good "slowly improving montage" and off to the lawyers office. The whole movie ends with the action hero being sentenced: "John McClain, you're hereby sentenced to 25 years to life for aggravated assault and attempt at murder".

And then in the very end or the stinger it reveals that the guy was a serial child kidnapper and murderer, and the action hero saved a dozen kids at the beginning, but all that was blocked from being admissible in the court.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#128 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43790 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:02 PM

Right, cause each and every single person in any given "evil" organization is evil. That's a cliche in and of itself.

How many are just there for the paycheque? How many of them hate what they do, but hate being homeless more? How many of them (especially in US movies.) are ex-cons whose sole other option is a minimum wage job which wouldn't cover the bills anyway?

After all, not everyone who works at comcast is a masochist.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#129 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 35039 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:46 PM

Instant-kills of any stripe in movies and TV are usually bullshit. Sure, instant-kills do exist: blow enough of someone's brain out, and they die pretty much immediately. Decapitation is essentially an instant-death. Severe damage to the heart results in a very quick death.

The issue is, as Axaday implied, that reality is much more disturbing. In reality, people are much harder to kill than movies would have you believe, what with its plethora of single stabs or shots to the gut, for example, resulting in a very rapid death. Strangulation is particularly egregious, which is why when its done in a film as the drawn out struggle it actually is, the result is very upsetting imagery. Real-life Human beings have survived horrendous injuries that would kill most action and horror-film victims 16x over.

So yeah, most people don't want to see that, and networks/ratings boards usually aren't going to allow it.

You can see the real strangulation in Godfather or No Country for Old Men.  Both movies are great, but I wouldn't blame you if you fast-forwarded.

#130 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33786 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:15 AM

There's a pretty graphic one using, I believe, a plastic shower-curtain in "The Last Broadcast" that is pretty hard to watch as well. 

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users