Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

Photo
- - - - -

What movie/TV cliche annoys you the most?

129 replies to this topic

#101 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6351 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

"Thank you for bringing this dastardly conspiracy to my attention. As your trusted mentor, I will make sure the plot is stopped and the evil-doers are brought to justice. You have fulfilled your objective! Just one thing...

"...who else have you told you were coming here?"

---

"Ah, my eternally loyal henchman. You have done well in following my orders without question. And now you shall get...EXACTLY what you deserve."

(Subverted delightfully in Dungeons & Dragons, a.k.a. THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE.)

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#102 Wildwade

Wildwade

Stupid idiots won't let me in their crappy club for jerks.

• Citizen
  • 2810 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

It actually kinda works... see, as a culture, north america has been socially trained to purposely ignore public displays of affection. Once they notice two people kissing: most go out of their way to NOT look.

It's totally a trope, but at least it's based in reality.

Ffah, what you guys call a workable trick, I call "rubbish pursuers".  If some snogging is all it takes to elude professional secret agents, then I'll be sure to take my wife everywhere when I go on the lam!

Here's another one I dislike, and one that Jeph Loeb uses a lot.

Mystery bad guy introduced.  Heavy suspicion leveled on supporting character close to the protagonist.

Supporting character is killed unambiguously on-screen/panel.

Mystery bad guy is unmasked, only to be revealed as supporting character and the death was somehow faked.

That's not clever- that's a bad mystery.  Good mystery clues are misdirections, not outright lies.  There is a difference.

#103 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5544 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

It actually kinda works... see, as a culture, north america has been socially trained to purposely ignore public displays of affection. Once they notice two people kissing: most go out of their way to NOT look.

It's totally a trope, but at least it's based in reality.

Ffah, what you guys call a workable trick, I call "rubbish pursuers".  If some snogging is all it takes to elude professional secret agents, then I'll be sure to take my wife everywhere when I go on the lam!

Here's another one I dislike, and one that Jeph Loeb uses a lot.

Mystery bad guy introduced.  Heavy suspicion leveled on supporting character close to the protagonist.

Supporting character is killed unambiguously on-screen/panel.

Mystery bad guy is unmasked, only to be revealed as supporting character and the death was somehow faked.

That's not clever- that's a bad mystery.  Good mystery clues are misdirections, not outright lies.  There is a difference.

I still say it was Red Herring!

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#104 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20459 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

It's a massive disappointment that Red Hulk was depowered before they managed to explain what happens to his moustache between transformations

XgxCpmP.png

#105 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3385 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

It's a massive disappointment that Red Hulk was depowered before they managed to explain what happens to his moustache between transformations

"Hey!  Look over there!" *quickly turns and shaves off the mustache*

#106 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10073 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

Has anyone mentioned that when men are stranded in deserted locations or are in captivity, they grow completely long beards, but women are in such situations, they appear totally groomed, no body hair, unwaxed eyebrows, etc.

#107 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 35038 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

The women stay well groomed because there are shells and sharp rocks that can still serve. It is just harder. The men grow the long beards because they feel they don't have to shave anymore.

#108 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67850 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

Has anyone mentioned that when men are stranded in deserted locations or are in captivity, they grow completely long beards, but women are in such situations, they appear totally groomed, no body hair, unwaxed eyebrows, etc.

This even appears to be the case on reality shows.

ACItEK8.png

#109 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3385 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

When there is a character who is supposed to be dumb but they make the character out to be too dumb to live. 

#110 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2392 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe [the show is employing this overused cliche about whatever]. It's okay now that I've called it out though, you can carry on doing that exact  thing."

"As it's my name in the title, I'll continuously try to do all the action heroics by myself and succeed 99% of the time*, thus negating the reason for any of the other cast members to exist at all."

*there's always the one episode where they fail and it's made a point of, before they immediately go back to the formula

There is love everywhere, I already know

✰Japanimation Connoisseur✰

#111 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20459 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

We can't all be Yamchas.

XgxCpmP.png

#112 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8869 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

thread necromancy powers--ACTIVATE!!!

i dont know if this is used much anymore, but excessive slow motion shots. i was watching the resident evil movies the past couple nights, and afterlife was TERRIBLE with them. it was like every 30 seconds or so during a fight scene it would go slomo, and it just stopped the flow of the movie each time. just...lay off of them

of course, that isnt the only example. the matrix reloaded is probly the worst offender

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#113 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48336 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:51 PM

The Zombie Movie/Show Romero Curse.

The plucky survivors find safety and shelter. Things are looking up. They all then suddenly become stricken with a severe case of stupid and turn on each other, inevitably leading to situations that no one with a shred of common sense would ever find themselves in. "Man is the Real Monster" is a very tired commentary on society, considering Humans working together even if they don't like each other is the very basis for every civilization on the planet.

In light of 2020 being 2020...I formally retract this cliche and feel compelled to issue a formal apology to the Romero estate.

#114 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6266 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:24 PM

Stealing/finding/somehow acquiring someones smartphone or laptop and getting full and immediate access to the device, no security ever.

#115 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 9229 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:59 PM

Edited by Pale Rider, 06 August 2020 - 08:01 PM.

#116 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43788 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:02 PM

Stealing/finding/somehow acquiring someones smartphone or laptop and getting full and immediate access to the device, no security ever.

You'd actually be surprised how many people actively disable (oh, alright, fine. Have someone else do it.) the security because they can't be bothered. Hell, my own brother only turned on the password on his phone when his kid was born despite having his banking and credit card information in the damn thing.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#117 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5544 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:31 AM

One I didn't mention the first time, it's thankfully not all that common but when I do see it...

The time loop. Hey you just watched this entire show, enjoyed seeing the characters grow, crying if one of them dies, etc. Only for the last episode to REWIND TIME back to the first episode.

Like... that's not clever. What is the point? I just wasted my time watching this. If you don't break OUT of the time loop, then why tell the story at all? You basically just went: "Yeah, everything you just saw doesn't matter, because it's just going to repeat itself"

Well then why should I watch it in the first damn place!?

Spoiler

#118 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1271 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:53 AM

You think that version of a time loop is bad, try watching The Time Travellers some time. The movie literally repeats itself over several times before the end because the characters get trapped in a time loop.

#119 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5544 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:03 PM

You think that version of a time loop is bad, try watching The Time Travellers some time. The movie literally repeats itself over several times before the end because the characters get trapped in a time loop.

Is it worse then Endless Eight?

Spoiler

#120 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11276 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:36 AM

Yeah, a Kamen Rider show did this absolutely horribly. And I am like one of the three people that don't gush over the show as its the best thing ever. If they had literally ended the show 5 minutes sooner, it WOULD have been a good series. The movies alternate ending is much much better... even if it too doesn't actually end anything.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users