Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Noidea's FanArt Thread

226 replies to this topic

#161 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14055 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

Nice work as always. I particularily love the Smog Monster, with the leaking eyes and set of lungs as a gas mask.

#162 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

Waaaay back when Kreons were a thing, I did a lot of fan designs. And I mean a lot.

UijUoLA.jpg

xO45ZU9.jpg

PaTEh8z.jpg

hGduuly.jpg

An obscene amount, really.

LUnVVIX.jpg

Seriously.

pipuleg.jpg

Utt6gR8.jpg

Simple designs that can be largely copy-pasted if not just hue-shifted is dangerous.

j8jIqZk.jpg

BsJvWPY.jpg

Whew.

That yellow and red Jazz lookalike is based on a knock off called "DRILL HAMSTER"!

#163 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Decided to expand upon some of the "President Megatron" series, because I rather like that headcanon (even if modern politics makes it a bit less fun).

IStpcwk.jpg

A victim of savage oppression (who the oppressors were depends on time of day...), Glitch found solace in Megatron’s rhetoric and purpose in the Decepticon Justice Division. Glitch quickly climbed the ranks and eventually became Chief Justice, enacting harsh punishments on those that step out of line.

... in the name of the law, of course. Yes. They all deserve what they get.

He turns into a paddy wagon, rather specifically the one used by the Toon Patrol in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  Dubious law enforcement who are incredibly harsh towards their own kind just for the rush of power -- how fitting!

defmrH1.jpg
The evil Optimus Prime enslaved the poor bestial Roller to haul his lazy butt everywhere. Some even say Prime had his pet lobotomized to make it more compliant with his twisted desires. So much for “freedom is the right for all sentient beings.”

I’m not quite sure how he’d get the name “Roller” this way, though. Maybe he really likes Rawhide. Or Fievel Goes West. Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

#164 Geminii

Geminii

Multiformophile

• Citizen
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:31 AM

I really like the artistic choices for Glitch. The way it looks like his hand is a gavel from a distance/thumbnail, but it's a can of oil (or radioactives?) when seen close up, for instance. The pattern of shadow at his base making him look hollow (an impression increased by his throat-speaker). How his mask and chest piece look like an insane screaming mouth. And... are his eyes actually a single eye behind the mask?

#165 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

Yep, just the one eye.

#166 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:58 PM

JGPUZIf.jpg

Sideways is an entertainer for both Autobots and Decepticons, and peppers his magic acts and daredevil feats with plenty of barbs aimed at whoever the current audience is at odds with. Yes, they are all just as awful as you think, unlike you lovely folks, oh ho ho.

Off the stage Sideways avoids both factions, but seems to have struck something of a companionship with the mad Galvatron. Many suspect he’s just taking advantage of the poor confused bot, but perhaps the artiste sees something of himself within the deluded ‘king’ abandoned by everyone else...

Sideways’ head pops off and turns into a little robot while the rest of him becomes a tiny bitty clown bike. Normally I’m against Transformers drastically changing size for their alternate modes, but I’ll make an exception this time. After all it’s just an illusion... probably....

#167 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:00 AM

YyR5dYn.jpg

Trypticon is an ancient being from the distant past ("from the second Cybertron" according to him... whatever that's supposed to mean), who survived the eons mostly because he's too large for erosion and entropy to whittle away. When the Decepticons discovered him, they recruited the massive machine to be Lord Megatron's base of operations -- surely if time itself couldn’t kill him then the Autobots won’t stand a chance.

Trypticon doesn't get to transform and move about on his own volition much anymore, a fact he doesn't terribly mind. The modern age is horribly confusing, this organic alien world even more so, energon levels are always woefully low, his hosts have modified his form so much he doesn't quite know what is what anymore -- and he's far more interested in reading the history files to see what he’s missed, anyways. Although sometimes the records seem... confused...
Trypticon turns into the White House -- well, an oversized copy to accommodate 30-foot robots, and only his upper body, the rest being a jumble of secret bunkers, tunnels, and whatever remains of his prior spaceship mode. A rough estimate of his size would be about 800 feet tall and 1500 feet from nose to tail!

etITXwc.jpg

It occurred to me that the Liege-Maximo-loyalist Vigilem would make more sense as the duplicitous President Megatron's HQ than ol' Trypticon (even if dinos are more fun), so to make up for it here’s Vigilem as the US Capitol Building.

... and a purple griffin as the Watergate complex. Why not?

(HOT TAKE: Decepticons take over DC! Optimus tries to rally humanity to take the capital back but is dismayed to find many are either apathetic or actually happy about the new rulers...)

#168 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

April Ghouls! A week of monsters based on common creature design elements. Up first, Head-Hands:

HnqGLI7.jpg

With two ravenous mouths and no self control, Murdirgerous Manuel nearly always has a lot of extra energy to burn off, which he does by nearly always dancing. You'd think he'd be good at it by now, but no Manuel nearly always steps on other people's toes.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 06 April 2019 - 08:41 PM.

#169 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:10 AM

Stego Spines:

FoRDopa.jpg

Dravid is a master of the spinning buzzsaw technique, in which he curls into a ball and mows down all in his way. It's not terribly precise and kinda easy to avoid, but it looks cool and intimidating and lets Dravid cut in line at least. Any limbs that happen to get caught in the blades is just a tasty bonus.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 06 April 2019 - 08:42 PM.

#170 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

Bat-Winged:

J5Q4w7e.jpg

Kirah is quite sticky-fingered. Both because she'll snatch just about anything that isn't bolted down, and because her refusal to bathe leaves her webbed digits all grimy and gross.

#171 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:02 PM

Inner Jaws:

uXZhEDG.jpg

Having multiple sets of pharyngeal jaws mean you can properly chew virtually any potential meal, though it leaves very little room for a decent tongue to taste any of it. Which perhaps is a good thing, as you won't be inclined to be a picky eater.

#172 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

Gigeresque:

afRkIG3.jpg

The mother of all monsters... figuratively. She watches over her fellow horrors' young while they're out terrorizing the town. She's been in child-care so long she's become the hive's de facto matriarch, virtually everymonster considering her "mom" and turning to her for advice. If only her own changeling parents could see her now...

#173 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

Flaming Skull:

rzTd2YT.jpg

He likes to hang out in deep dark places where he can't not be noticed so he can feel important. A saviour for those frightened of the dark, a god unto moths, a blight against those cave-dwellers with light-sensitive eyes — it doesn't matter how he's noticed, just that he is.

#174 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14055 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

^ And yet, Senpai will never notice him. (Couldn't resist).

#175 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

Last one, Walking Mouth:

fiXJNSS.jpg

Once a far larger and more magnificent beast, she devoured her own body on a dare, then ate that who dared her in the first place, as well as half the town before finally -inexplicably- suffering indigestion.

#176 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

A month-long daily doodle thing, always wanted to try one of those out. And Transformers are a fun and diverse franchise, so why not tackle them?

RSmXeAJ.jpg

First up, Best Megatron!

"Don't you mean Beast Meg--" No. Well yes, but no.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 10 May 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#177 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

oGDCuv2.jpg

Dr. Scalpel

As much as I like his cruel and callous on-screen depiction, the toy's humorous-yet-horrifying bio is pretty amazing too:

"Scalpel has a massive database of anatomical data for millions of creatures across the universe. He can disassemble anything that doesn't struggle too much in a matter of minutes, and usually puts it back together with only a few parts in the wrong place. He serves as medic to the Decepticon army, but most Decepticons prefer to suffer in silence than allow Scalpel to work on them."

#178 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

wKoEbIo.jpg

Naturally, as a fan of corny space alien crap, I adore Cosmos and his completely unexplained flying saucer "disguise."

#179 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

ROFsNeX.jpg

Ripclaw

Dragon Knight Goblin Girl! I sometimes forget she's even a Transformer since A) she didn't appear in the cartoon B) her toy's alternate mode isn't worth it and C) I have her sharing a shelf with weirdos like Haxx, Crawbellow, and Eye-Brawl instead of any other robots in disguise.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 10 May 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#180 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

PIR8gva.jpg

SEATBELTS, EVERYONE!

Edited by Noideaforaname, 10 May 2019 - 05:16 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users