Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

Photo
- - - - -

Noidea's FanArt Thread

210 replies to this topic

#61 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49271 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:44 AM

Okay, the walking harvester is crazy and wonderful and something I did not realize existed in this world. Nice find, and insanely appropriate.

I really dig how Galvatron's lanterns and crown change meaning or how they read or something between modes. They look equally at home in both modes and yet take on a different sense somehow I'm not sure how to articulate.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#62 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8663 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Damn, all of these drawings and concepts are absolutely terrific. I love your work!

#63 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, guys!

Last part of this series:

you_wear_a_disguise_to_look_like_human_g

Optimus Prime is the supreme leader of the Autobots, a position he achieved not because he won the hearts of the people but because he happens to hold a pagan trinket – the so-called Matrix of Leadership – which he claimed from the previous leader upon their unexpected death. Upon assuming command, Optimus has turned his back on mother Cybertron to adopt Earth as a new homeworld, somehow believing the lives of those small alien organics are worth more than his own kind. Whether the rest of the Autobots agree with him or not is meaningless; Optimus alone holds complete control over everything thanks to his mythical ‘Cog of Command.’ Ironic for one that claims to fight for freedom.

While nearly all Transformers have taken up alternate modes based upon human constructs, Decepticons adopt forms that reflect their personality and function while the Autobots universally hide their true selves behind common civilian automobiles. Optimus Prime himself has tailored his disguise to appeal to the average working man, to fool humanity into thinking he is anything less than an invading warlord.

Truly, we are being deceived.
Have you ever noticed how, in the live action movies, Optimus' very first action is to find a disguise while Megaton's is to correct people about his actual name? Optimus is still the good guy, but he's also the deceptive one...

I've been puzzling my puzzler sore over what *my* Optimus would even look like. In retrospect, COWBOY VS POLITICIAN seems far too obvious.

matrix_of_leadership_by_monster_man_08-d

A legendary artifact from the beginning of the Transformers’ history (and likely even from before that), the Matrix of Leadership, as the name implies, marks an individual as the Leader of the Autobots, and is traditionally worn inside the chest next to the Spark. More than just a symbol, the Matrix strives to create the idealized leader, altering the very fabric of the body and mind of its hosts into what it perceives to be perfection. Initially it tried to simply re-create its original bearer, but after far too many repeated heroic sacrifices it changed tactics. Continuously absorbing the memories of all who possessed it (worthy or not), and paying close attention to how each bearer ultimately fails, the Matrix meticulously sifts out the best traits to craft an even better savior than the last. It is a slow, tedious business, but the Matrix is patient.

Said bearers are kept in the dark about being tampered with. The Matrix doesn’t want to deceive anyone, but its mission of a secure Cybertron is infinitely more important.

The Matrix shell is based off a torso, partly for the meta-ness but mostly following the idea that the Matrix used to be someone...

And a little reference guide (none of which is really hard "canon" here):

matrix_cipher_by_monster_man_08-dac3u95.

Liege, Asimov and Warhol aren't based on anything in particular, just mucking around with "prototype robot" designs. Though Liege takes a few cues from Liege Maximo; a sort of 'cousin' that decided he'd rather be a proto-Autobot than a proto-Decepticon. No Prima because I hadn't come up with his design yet he only ever used it as a sword.

#64 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8663 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Oh, wow. I absolutely adore this take on the matrix. Having it subtly alter its host is a really cool concept.

#65 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36095 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Oh, wow. I absolutely adore this take on the matrix. Having it subtly alter its host is a really cool concept.

Though not really a new one, in the G2 comics Starscream eventually realized that for as much power the Matrix gave him, it was also compelling him to do good, and idea that utterly revolted him when he realized it. 

Also I thought Nova Prime was Big COnvoy at first. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#66 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49271 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:46 AM

The concept is really good, the design is amazing, but this

matrix_cipher_by_monster_man_08-dac3u95.

this was simply wonderful. Though you forgot "some kind of bucket". XD

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#67 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5146 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

I absolutely loved this series. Amazing work Noid on all of these. I really enjoyed each and everyone one of them. In fact, I may have to steal some ideas for my own headcanon. :)

Oh, I almost forgot...Rise Up! :)

--SoS

#68 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Hooray!

#69 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

So, I've been doing a little series of Halloween-related fan art (because its still Fall dammit), and one of them is Dead End. Nuclear Day of the Dead Luchador Vampire Dead End!

dead_end_by_monster_man_08-dbtdoyp.jpg

One of my all time favorite Transformer toys, incidentally. Up there with RotF Skystalker and Tripredacus.

(the others are at my Deviant Art account, maybe I should be posting them here too?)

#70 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49271 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

I'm with the camp intending to take the Halloween season into at least Thanksgiving, so I'm there with you on that. 

Really loving his face. I'm not one of the people who liked that toy, but you've captured its best side. 

I think we'd all be happy to see anything you had to share. I mean, I say that having looked through them, so I'm not actually sure whether that makes it more or less hypothetical, but. XD

#71 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

I've been meaning to post the others here, but keep forgetting to. Guess I'll post a couple a day or something...

return_the_slaaaab_by_monster_man_08-dbt

King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog, perhaps the only show to realize low budget CGI is creepy as hell.

pumpkaboo_and_phantump_by_monster_man_08

Pumpkaboo and Phantump, the most Halloweenest Pokémons.

thyrrus_by_monster_man_08-dbux2ej.jpg

The Thyrrus, a fiction-only race from Warhammer 40K. Life is one big performance art piece to them.

megazoid_by_monster_man_08-dbv3ibv.jpg

Me! The possessed Megazoid from The Real Ghostbusters, in all his terrifying doofy glory.

#72 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36095 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:44 AM

megazoid_by_monster_man_08-dbv3ibv.jpg

Me! The possessed Megazoid from The Real Ghostbusters, in all his terrifying doofy glory.

"The Door is ajar. The door is ajar. The door is..." "SHUT UP!" *SMASH!* "...A mess. The car is a mess..."

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#73 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

baby_py_by_monster_man_08-dbsg0gb.jpg

Baby Py from Ray Bradbury's "Tomorrow's Child". Py's a perfectly normal, perfectly healthy, human baby boy, but he's been born into the wrong dimension!

mecha_monitor_lizards_by_monster_man_08-

Mecha Monitor Lizards from April and the Extraordinary World. Disgusted by humanity, they plan on seeding other planets with life to ensure mankind can't wipe it all out.

brain_eating_meteor_by_monster_man_08-db

The brain-eating meteor from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I actually preferred Hector Con Carne's half of the show, but then THIS happened.

hetwan_by_monster_man_08-dbsyzin.jpg

The Hetwan from K.A. Applegate's Everworld book series (Fear the Fantastic is the "visit the evil aliens homeworld" episode). The bag of guts are the females and the bipedal bugs are the males, and their mating process is terrifyingly violent, with the males ripping the females apart and carrying the young themselves. Because it ain't a Applegate book without nightmarish horror.

The Hetwan are also fanatical zealots of the god-eater Ka Anor, having really no regard for their own lives.

... that was a really dark place to end things for today.

#74 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5146 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

All of those are so wonderfully delicious, it's hard to choose a favorite. :)

--SoS

#75 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49271 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

King Ramses makes me happy particularly, but that might be a result of familiarity with the source material. Like, hearing the theme song every time I look at the art. XD

#76 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Last batch!

neugog_by_monster_man_08-dbslu4v.jpg

Dr. Hieronymus Neugog from Big Guy and Rusty. Tim Curry gets mutated into a brain-eating psychic spider. What's not to love?

the_nightmare_by_monster_man_08-dbsryjf.

The Nightmare from Metroid Fusion. Weird melty face cyborg bioweapon... thing. Its first appearance is simply as a roaring shadow, which was terrifying as hell especially since the level it appears in is fairly tranquil, for a Metroid game.

you_just_tell_st__pete_that_you_got_cold

Some of the junkshop appliances from The Brave Little Toaster. There's like another dozen or so, though these guys are the most warped and interesting of the lot.

♪ ♫ There goes the sun, here comes the night, somebody turn on the light. Somebody tell me that fate has been kind. ♫ ♪
♫ ♪ ♫ You can't go out, you are out of your miiiiiiiind! ♪ ♫ ♪

they_re_not_kid_gloves__mr__valiant_by_m

Judge Doom and the Dip (and an unfortunate shoe) from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

These last two get extra attention because they're precious childhood films of mine.

#77 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49271 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

I gotta go watch that sequence now. That's stellar. = D

Edited by Copper Bezel, 01 December 2017 - 11:57 PM.

#78 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24778 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

That song was my favorite part of The Brave Little Toaster as a kid. I always found the freakish, deformed appliances lovable, but generally I feel that way about most misshapen yet goofy-looking things.

THIS hugging SCENE CAN GO TO HELL, THOUGH.

#79 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49271 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Damn, I'd forgotten about that sequence, but it's spectacular. Particularly the dark humor of the ending. = ]

The sequence that left the deepest impact on me as a child was, predictably, "Worthless".

#80 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2582 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Heh, was a bit of a shock watching the movie again and realizing the toaster's nightmare wasn't just about his death...

The scene that always stuck out to me was when they sloooooooooowly sink into the bogs unable to do anything, and only escape because of sheer dumb luck.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users