Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:01 AM)

Because the very combination of those sounds is unknown to them, and thus they avoid it as if it were contagious.

Photo
- - - - -

Noidea's FanArt Thread

226 replies to this topic

#201 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

WLS7JTD.jpg

Generators Organic

The robot that never was. Which is a shame since 1950s Knock-Off Krang is just the best.

#202 Geminii

Geminii

Multiformophile

• Citizen
  • 629 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:26 AM

b6igZ4t.jpg

Reedman, G1(ish) style!

(I'm pretty sure I'm taking this idea from a post somewhere here on the Allspark, so if you came up with this gag about Reedy being Ravage's tape-guts, thanks!)

Now that's what I call a tapeworm...

#203 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

NTsl1le.jpg

Majin Zarak

When Predacons of the far future attempt to use a time machine to summon Megatron, they instead get... some unholy giant that turns into an all-terrain aircraft carrier with an old-timey wooden ship's wheel. The Preds and Maximals know full well who this Majin Zarak is, but we the audience have never seen him before or since. Which is kind of a fun idea, the notion that Cybertronian history goes far beyond what the various cartoons and comics have covered.

#204 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

iYQDoqX.jpg

Deadlift takes his name literally and hauls around corpses, dumping them into smelting pools where they are recycled into new Decepticons. That's pretty horrifying, but also kinda cool in just how 'alien' it is.

#205 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

On03uDa.jpg

Armada Thrust, or "Squidhead" as he liked to be called, as he might have appeared in Beast Wars. Namely, as a Transmetal squid with a jet-ish mode.

#206 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

ORVDQxs.jpg

Demolishor

By far my favorite bot in terms of design, and one of my favorite movie monsters in general. Always nice to see something that you feel like you need to invent new words to properly describe. I mean, you could say "unicycle robot", but that utterly fails to convey how he 'walks' his wheels in apparent effort to stay balanced, or the way his head/torso(?) sort of just dangles between his shoulders, or the odd impression he is only part of a much larger entity.

#207 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Qt51w0B.jpg

Heinrad

♫ LOVE IS HERE ♪

#208 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:42 PM

2H3nTar.jpg

Transquito

A couple of Beast Wars figures can launch missiles out of their mouths, but while Sky Shadow and Bonecrusher's are designed as if they're meant to be secondary jaws, Transquito's got a sickly translucent yellow glob of barf. Gross! His projectile puke doubles as a proboscis, which... is a very strange sentence to write.

#209 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

CcUjUBb.jpg

Unicron

It always struck me how Unicron was first introduced dwarfed by a pair of stars immediately before devouring an entire planet with cold indifference, all the while haunting ethereal music plays. A strange mix of an evil beyond comprehension, yet who is itself insignificant on the cosmic scale...

Bonus!

nnSR6JC.jpg

Acolyte of Unicron

Namely Kranix, who somehow or other became that little moon drone that comes with Unicron's toy. Rather disturbingly, the Lithonian already has the Big Guy's facial hair and feet. Freaky!

#210 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:43 PM

Aaaand a big colorized compilation of the Month-Long Sketchformers Project, whee!

0KzhFUp.jpg

#211 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17113 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

These guys are great. I just finished scrolling through the past few pages and the build to the colorized group was a treat.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#212 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14055 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:09 PM

I keep forgetting to keep up with the art forum... Awesome work, as always. I love BW Megs w/ rubber ducky, not sure whether to be afraid or laugh. :D

#213 OverDrive73

OverDrive73
  • Citizen
  • 501 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:11 AM

Beautiful! Fyi, your colorized Kranix is now my lock screen. Love it!

Incidentally, I cant look at this pic without hearing Bart Simpsons grandpa's voice.

Edited by OverDrive73, 25 August 2019 - 08:08 PM.

#214 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:54 AM

It's terror time again!

lgAlcmY.jpg

Moloch has the power to summon rainstorms, but he demands live human sacrifices as payment. And even then, only if he feels like it. In fact, Moloch really only does it to keep his bronze body from melting. As such larger offerings are more likely to call forth a shower, but not because the brazen bull is feeling charitable...

Moloch is quite the chatterbox, fond of dramatic speeches and long-winded essays on all manner of inane topics. But ironically Moloch lacks true speech — he doesn't have any sort of lungs despite having a rather sophisticated voice box — instead, he manipulates the screams of those burning alive in his guts.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 30 October 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#215 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

FiECtWc.jpg

The coffin lurks in the lairs of other monsters, disguised as part of the gothic furniture. Many poor unfortunate souls fleeing their "host" assume the casket would be a safe enough hiding place, never expecting it to be a flesh-eating sarcophagus.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 30 October 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#216 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

WBpUCzZ.jpg

A torture device of old, the mask twists the wearer's perception of reality. To the victim, dogs will meow, stop signs will say go, soap will smell like burnt plastic, ice cream cones will be literally made of ice cream and melt and get your fingers are sticky and cold. It's enough to make one lose their head...

The mask itself is of course able to discern the truth, yes. The sun having a face, totally an illusion.
... right?

Edited by Noideaforaname, 30 October 2019 - 08:09 PM.

#217 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:41 PM

cUis8p8.jpg

Stingy Jack was a devious drunkard so conniving he even outwitted the Devil himself. Jack convinced the fallen angel to turn himself into a coin so Jack could pay his bar tab ("The barkeep is super religious, it'll be hilarious!"), only for Stingy Jack to pocket the satanic cash with a cross, freeing the Devil only when he promised to never take Jack's soul.

When he eventually died, Jack found himself barred from both heaven and hell (the Devil was all too keen to keep his promise). With no other option, Stingy Jack wanders the earth without end, harassing all he crosses paths with and occasionally carving faces in fruits he may or may not later hurl at onlookers. Basically just continuing from where he left off, really.

#218 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Pd1BPbu.jpg

An old discarded umbrella that gained a life of its own, the Karakasa still helpfully offers itself as a shield against the rain. Unfortunately this bad-weather friend isn't particularly good at it. It's tattered canopy lets in rain while paradoxically also catching enough wind to go flying (often carrying the holder along with it), while the boot it happily lends others to wear has no matching pair. Most distressing of all, the Karakasa tends to attract all manner of strange ghosts and creatures seeking shelter from the storm.

And sometimes when the Karakasa decides to help, it simply never rains that day. A lucky break for humans, but the umbrella yokai is left feeling like it failed somehow.

#219 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2806 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:08 PM

8Q1Jzzl.jpg

Those who hear wood-chopping in the dead of night may soon find themselves face-to-face (so to speak) with the dreaded Hacha Nocturna, the sound coming from its ribcage constantly opening and closing. While most would do the sensible thing and run, those brave (or foolish) enough might instead charge right at it and grab the demon's heart, not letting go until the beast gives them plenty of rewards in return.

Of course, most of these brave fools never quite get that far. But a chance at fame and fortune is better than surviving as a coward... I guess.

#220 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14055 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

Aah, the good old umbrella monster. :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users