Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unitremover : (22 February 2017 - 09:36 PM)

I haven't been up there in a while but one of the Walmarts around here still has AOE deluxes out. Some of the CVSs do too.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2017 - 09:34 PM)

It's been the same thing in local stores for ages up here.

@  BlackMax : (22 February 2017 - 09:33 PM)

One near me is the same - I swear they have over forty Deluxes there, all from many months ago.

@  Telly : (22 February 2017 - 07:43 PM)

my walmart finally filled those empty tr pegs. and of course its a mix of waves one and 2 (wave 1.5?)

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 February 2017 - 07:11 PM)

Got Highbrow, Skullcrusher, Scourge, and Chromedome for $5 a piece

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 February 2017 - 07:10 PM)

My Walmart had a Generations Rattrap hanging for the past 2 and a half years, and in trying to clearance it, inadvertently marked down the entire Generations Deluxe assortment.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 February 2017 - 07:09 PM)

A shelf warmer's ultimate revenge: being around long enough that in trying to clearance it...the store marks down the entire SKU!

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 07:59 AM)

Eh, he would've gotten beaten up if the government sent just about anyone.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 07:56 AM)

Regardless, literally everything I've ever seen (and a lot on tfwiki) attributes Megatron's slide into violence to Whirl beating him up while in custody. Maybe not like flicking a switch but Megatron's line "You made me. You taught me words were weightless without force" kinda spells it out.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I'm not sure if there even was a specific turning point, but he didn't seem kill happy yet when he was with Terminus, and that was after Whirl beating him up.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 07:24 AM)

It was also before any sort of uprising or him actually doing much of anything.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 07:20 AM)

I mean, the whole thing didn't start as "the great war". It was an uprising that eventually morphed into a the war.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 07:17 AM)

Yeah, of course it's before the war, Whirl beating Megatron while he was in custody was the tipping point that made Megatron turn violent.

@  RC85747 : (22 February 2017 - 07:08 AM)

again

@  RC85747 : (22 February 2017 - 07:04 AM)

Forgot this wasn't a search bar

@  RC85747 : (22 February 2017 - 07:03 AM)

hascon

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 05:12 AM)

But the thing with Whirl was before he started the war.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 03:28 AM)

Like so many awful things in that universe, it's basically Whirl's fault.

@  Telly : (22 February 2017 - 12:51 AM)

for about 10 minutes. then he got all kill happy

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 February 2017 - 10:27 PM)

Wouldn't IDW Megatron kind of count since his main reason for instigating the Great War was to overthrow the Functionist social order?

@  Black Hat : (21 February 2017 - 04:05 PM)

(I haven't read IDW at all please don't sue me)

@  Black Hat : (21 February 2017 - 04:04 PM)

Tyrest? He was chief justice, even :p

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2017 - 03:24 PM)

I kinda want an Autobot to have the function of "Social Justice Warrior".

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 February 2017 - 12:20 PM)

Even we have limits.

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 12:18 PM)

Good. But let's agree not to do one for Tecumseh.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 February 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Shitting Bull.

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 11:54 AM)

or spending a lot of time taking a Squatto?

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 11:49 AM)

nice

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 February 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Just hope it's clean or you'll be meeting Pukeahontas.

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 10:39 AM)

Snackajawea - REAL Native American food prepackaged for your snacking pleasure!

@  Pennpenn : (19 February 2017 - 04:03 AM)

Oh wait, figured it out. Doi...

@  Pennpenn : (19 February 2017 - 04:02 AM)

I'm kinda disappointed how they messed up Legion Bisk's hands so that his front wheels can't roll.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 February 2017 - 12:45 AM)

One of the Walmarts near me has some pegs full of Wave 1 TR deluxes.

@  Paladin : (18 February 2017 - 09:39 PM)

https://twitter.com/autobase_aichi/status/833142409005391872 ....is that an MP DINOBOT teaser?!?!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 February 2017 - 09:35 PM)

Yeah, never seen a Titans Return Hot Rod

@  LBD "Nyt... : (18 February 2017 - 08:58 PM)

Or Hot Rod. D=

@  LBD "Nyt... : (18 February 2017 - 08:58 PM)

Wow, seriously? I don't think I've even seen him here. =(

@  Msol : (18 February 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Yeah Mindwipe shelfwarmed like crazy in Vancouver.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 February 2017 - 07:36 PM)

My Walmart still has a Rattrap floating around. My frustration is I've seen Hot Rod and Doublecross, but still haven't seen a Highbrow

@  ShadowMan024 : (18 February 2017 - 07:02 PM)

I still haven't seen any Wave 3 Deluxes aside from the Triggerhappy I got off eBay.

@  Pennpenn : (18 February 2017 - 06:54 PM)

Fairly sure the Target near my work still has a CW Wheeljack hanging around the Wave 3 TR deluxes. Just wish we'd gotten Wave 2 deluxes...

@  ShadowMan024 : (18 February 2017 - 06:53 PM)

CW deluxes from the later waves clogged the shelves real bad.

@  ShadowMan024 : (18 February 2017 - 06:52 PM)

Correction: TR deluxes don't shelfwarm.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 February 2017 - 06:47 PM)

Generations deluxes don't shelfwarm.

@  Msol : (18 February 2017 - 06:30 PM)

Hm, interesting. Some of the pegs seem to have the correct names when they've been shelfwarming for a while. So like Mindwipe would be on a peg labelled MINDWIPE next to WOLFWIRE, etc.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2017 - 06:30 PM)

It would make less sense to track individual figures when they're ordered by the assortment anyway.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 February 2017 - 03:02 PM)

Nope. walmart tends to scan the first UPC of the assortment, then use it for the entire assortment. Actually tracking data makes to much sense.

@  Msol : (18 February 2017 - 02:37 PM)

So hey I bought Triggerhappy from Walmart a few days ago and just notice the receipt said TRIGGERHAPPY on it. Not the assortment name or whatever. Are they using this info to better track character sales or something?

@  unluckiness : (18 February 2017 - 07:13 AM)

I think there was a premonition panel in the Devil's Due TF vs JOEs

@  Bass X0 : (18 February 2017 - 05:28 AM)

When an app asks me to give a review or a rating, I decline, but I always look at other people's reviews before I get an app.

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite neo-G1 line?

78 replies to this topic

Poll: Neo-G1

Which is your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75

Chitty...chitty...bang...bang!!!!

• Citizen
  • 199 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

I love CW...BUT...don't care much for TR as a whole...CW did alot of characters as combiners but you didn't have to go after them all...the gimmick could be overlooked...while TR is doing alot of characters as Titans/Titan Masters...that should not really be TMs...AND...the gimmicks a lot harder to ignore...if CW was counted alone I'd vote CW...as is I'm going with Classics...its what brought me back to the dance...

#62 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 10157 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

I hated it when they made Powermasters of guys who shouldn't be Powermasters, like Optimus Prime.

#63 Dracula

Dracula

Trade Rat

• Citizen
  • 2812 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

I hated it when they made Powermasters of guys who shouldn't be Powermasters, like Optimus Prime.

Hey wait a minute

Has Prime had a toy that represents every major gimmick from G1 at this point?

Combiner - CW

Headmaster - Titans Return

Targetmaster - Generations Legends (Roller)

Powermaster - G1

Pretender - Fun Publications

Action Master - G1

Micromaster - None? but he did turn into a Micromaster base in Return of Convoy

G1 had other gimmicks, but I think those were all the major ones

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#64 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 34213 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

Overload basically is Prime with the faceplate (more or less literally) filed off.  Even has the helmet and the stripe sculpted into the side.

Edited by Spark, 20 February 2017 - 02:22 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#65 Dracula

Dracula

Trade Rat

• Citizen
  • 2812 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Overload basically is Prime with the faceplate (more or less literally) filed off.  Even has the helmet and the stripe sculpted into the side.

It's true that I used Overload as a tiny Optimus Prime when I was a kid but that probably just gave him mental baggage

ALL OF TREASURES

#66 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 34213 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

It's true that I used Overload as a tiny Optimus Prime when I was a kid but that probably just gave him mental baggage

That oddly recessed face of his below the eyes when pretty much all the other Micromasters had nice facesculpts sort of implied to me that he was meant to be MM Optimus until late in the game.  Bonus points for suddenly being super Prime-y if you just swap the red and blue sprues that are already there.

Edited by Spark, 20 February 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#67 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 882 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

There is a difference between 1 toy getting an upgraded figure with a new gimmick and several toys getting their best "Classics" update with an extraneous gimmick.

I'm not really against the TR figures of previous non-headmasters, but I do sometimes find myself wishing it sure would be cool if Galvatron and Scourge got remolded with intact heads with better head sculpts for the character and that stay attached and stow for var modes.

#68 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 57189 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

I'm not against Headmasters of everyone, but you do bring up a good point. Plus var mode. :thumbsup

#69 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24088 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, it really sucks that obscure characters like Galvatron and Scourge who have never gotten updated toys before and never will again were made into Headmasters for their only shot at updates.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#70 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38290 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

When the TR versions are arguably their best upgrades so far, I can see some room for lamenting.

I mean... Yeah. They'll get done again (and again and again and again), but if your assessing only the toys that are out now, sure. You can comment about not liking the head gimmick on them. Why not?

#71 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, it really sucks that obscure characters like Galvatron and Scourge who have never gotten updated toys before and never will again were made into Headmasters for their only shot at updates.

Watch the Strawman stuff. I mentioned "best "Classics" update", nothing about never get an update again. Though for some figures, like Triggerhappy, I don't expect they'll have many or any more shots at updates, at least not so "Classics" style.

So Galvatron and Scourge got updates now in 2016 and previously got updates in was it 2008 and 2011? So waiting 5 years or more for another update? I don't know about you, but personally I intend on my collection being some more "Classics" updates and some MPs but hopefully not actively collecting in another ~5-8 years. So these updates may not be the "never again", but they may be just such "in effect" for me.

Plus I think the Scourge mold particularly is a great update for Scourge *and* multiple Sweeps. I wouldn't want a "different" update, except for a possible remold with an intact head. He'd be great fun to have a main Scourge and several Sweeps with good looking modes and a quick transformation. Adding in transforming the little head men for a whole group of Sweeps would get a little annoying.

But like I did say: "I'm not really against the TR figures of previous non-headmasters". I can see the fun of TR, but I can also see the annoyance side of it. Is it so horrible to have mixed feelings and see both sides of a subjective personal taste issue?

Edited by sparkasylum, 21 February 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#72 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Citizen
  • 12775 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

Retooling Scourge for a normal head would require replacing about the entire torso since most of it seems to be two huge pieces.

And since you brought up not planning to still collect for however many years until the next Scourge and Galvatron update, the only late G1 Optimuses being the Powermaster and Action Master (besides a European reissue of the original) sounds like it would've been unpleasant if anyone at the time cared like this, given that it was before "normal" updates were a guaranteed thing.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 21 February 2017 - 09:10 AM.

I forgot that spaghetti was a pasta really.

#73 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24088 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

I mean yes I can see how it might be annoying to have to transform an army of heads when you transform your army of Scourges, but that information exists in the shadow of me being Stakeout Guy so my ability to sympathize is limited.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#74 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 10157 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

There is a difference between 1 toy getting an upgraded figure with a new gimmick and several toys getting their best "Classics" update with an extraneous gimmick.

I agree, and that difference is "it happened when you were a kid".

#75 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

I agree, and that difference is "it happened when you were a kid".

It happened a limited number of times over the course of years vs. it's happening 40 times in one year.

Again, I'm not on one side or the other. I can see pros and cons on both sides, I can see nuances of differences. I'm fine and dandy with PMOP.

Or, if the only thing you understand is condescending snark, then: "Yes, TR Galvatron's head is complete perfection and it should never dared be dreamed of to remold him with a normal head."

#76 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Citizen
  • 12775 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

vs. it's happening 40 times in one year.

Did you forget Action Masters?

Which was, for a number of returning characters the only option at the time.

#77 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

Retooling Scourge for a normal head would require replacing about the entire torso since most of it seems to be two huge pieces.

And since you brought up not planning to still collect for however many years until the next Scourge and Galvatron update, the only late G1 Optimuses being the Powermaster and Action Master (besides a European reissue of the original) sounds like it would've been unpleasant if anyone at the time cared like this, given that it was before "normal" updates were a guaranteed thing.

I'm not sure the points here. Yep, retooling Scourge would require changing the torso. And that's about it. Seems like you're trying to say that would be difficult, seems to me it'd be a relatively easy remold, especially compared to some of the remolds we've seen lately. Notably the first remold of Scourge: High Brow.

I guess so....? Again, not sure of exactly the point you're making. "Cared like this" might be implying more care than there is. I'm just saying I can see how it'd be nice to not have the Titanmaster feature on everything that's gotten it. But PM and AM Prime being the late G1 updates for original Prime actually were unpleasant in a way for me. I did enjoy PMOP quite a lot, but I did still want a "real" original G1 OP. And there's a much longer story there, but I don't care enough to continue this post and go on that tangent.

vs. it's happening 40 times in one year.

Did you forget Action Masters?

Which was, for a number of returning characters the only option at the time.

Yes, I did. Are you holding up Actionmasters as a popular, great selling epitome of Transformers?

Also, perhaps correct my count, but for US actionmasters there were 14 updated characters? Quite far from 40! ;)

Edited by sparkasylum, 21 February 2017 - 12:23 PM.

#78 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Citizen
  • 12775 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

I mean, changing the entire torso sounds like way more than any company would bother when the result would be the same character in a similar, given that not even Taktom have indicated they'd try. Even doing an entire new mold later on sounds more likely.

Regarding Action Masters, just mentioning those since the topic of earlier updates was brought up, a lot of it looks like a worse situation than we have now.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 21 February 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#79 Dracula

Dracula

Trade Rat

• Citizen
  • 2812 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

Gosh I can't wait to hear the arguments about whatever line-wide gimmick Power of the Primes will give us.

Anyway I'll be over here like

giphy.gif

ALL OF TREASURES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users