Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (23 October 2017 - 09:46 PM)

Not sure if it helps because I bought it from Amazon Germany.

@  Arazyr : (23 October 2017 - 01:19 PM)

Cool. Could you share the name and/or link? I'm wondering if I could use one...

@  Nevermore : (23 October 2017 - 12:44 PM)

Good news: Watchmaker tool arrived, I've been able to safely remove the pin, rotate the misassembled piece and reinsert the pin.

@  Paladin : (22 October 2017 - 06:22 PM)

i watched his latest Netflix special. hilarious & heartbreaking at teh same time...

@  RichardT1977 : (21 October 2017 - 12:07 PM)

You know that Patton Oswalt knew he'd made it as an entertainer when people stopped asking him whether he was Pat or Oswald and where was the other one.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 10:20 AM)

He does lots of voice work, but it was young Oswalt in my dream, so I guess it was the King of Queens edition.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I only know about Patton Oswalt from Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM)

We won because Ellen kept going up the other teams and telling them to not worry about their hair looking silly in their helmets.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:10 AM)

I had a dream I was in a team kick scooter competition and the 3 people on my team were Ellen DeGeneres, Patton Oswalt, and my third grade bus driver.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Photo
- - - - -

Is Fort Max worth it for Metroplex owners?

58 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Fort Max worth it for Metroplex owners?

Is Fort Max worth it for a Metroplex owner?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 6204 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

save for in robot mode, where some of the iffier issues are shared as well (i.e. kind of a wobbly stance).

stop using him to hold your beer and he wont be so wobbly!

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#42 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5579 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

I essentially acquired Fort through a reward program at work. I can fairly say I still would have paid full price for him despite Metro retool.
I mean I have the city, now I also have the military airport.

#43 unluckiness

unluckiness

Get Krunk

• Citizen
  • 15465 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:16 AM

Only if he plays Storm Eagle's stage music 24/7.

CNF5KJw.png

#44 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1009 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

If you have G1 Fort Max, TR Max is completely unnecessary.

It still comes down to how much you want Cerebros/Spike. Which are admittedly really cool.

The G1 Fort Max body is still probably better - better fortress and space modes, stable points of articulation, actual firepower.

If you already have G1 Fort Max how "really cool" extra are Cerebros and Spike? A Titanmaster is not much different than a G1 Headmaster head, and there are plenty of other Titanmasters available cheaply.

I guess it offers the Rebirth face, sounds & articulation for Cerebros, and.... folding, head points/antennas above the square block of Fort Max's head? Not sure that's enough.

Edited by sparkasylum, 16 February 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#45 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3259 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

That's about it. 

NEEDS: Beast Wars II DRILLNUTS 

Beast Wars II Scissorboy

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Machines Tank Drone

Beast Machines Motorcycle Drone

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

My feedback

#46 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35951 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

The weird box on his left leg annoys me and really would have benefitted from being some kind of vehicle.

That's one of the weirdest bits, since when you flip it over, it was clearly meant to do something at some point.  What that is, I have no idea.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#47 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1009 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

The weird box on his left leg annoys me and really would have benefitted from being some kind of vehicle.

That's one of the weirdest bits, since when you flip it over, it was clearly meant to do something at some point.  What that is, I have no idea.

The box that replaces the helipad?

What it's meant to do is be Metroplex's fold out shoulder gun. And Hasbro re-used the part and added one other to make a box/gun/helipad thing.

#48 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24823 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

The Reprolabels set interprets it as a little shuttlecraft.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#49 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35951 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

What it's meant to do is be Metroplex's fold out shoulder gun. And Hasbro re-used the part and added one other to make a box/gun/helipad thing.

No, the tiny turret on the leg.  It's an entirely original part to Fort Max and has some odd clip-looking stuff inside.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#50 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 6204 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

those without the toy have no idea what you all are talking about. lil help? like, pics?

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#51 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17775 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

If you have G1 Fort Max, TR Max is completely unnecessary.

It still comes down to how much you want Cerebros/Spike. Which are admittedly really cool.

The G1 Fort Max body is still probably better - better fortress and space modes, stable points of articulation, actual firepower.

If you already have G1 Fort Max how "really cool" extra are Cerebros and Spike? A Titanmaster is not much different than a G1 Headmaster head, and there are plenty of other Titanmasters available cheaply.

I guess it offers the Rebirth face, sounds & articulation for Cerebros, and.... folding, head points/antennas above the square block of Fort Max's head? Not sure that's enough.

That's about it. 

Plus lights and sound effects!

No, the tiny turret on the leg.  It's an entirely original part to Fort Max and has some odd clip-looking stuff inside.

Pretty sure it's still the former helipad.

I just checked mine, and the guns there are on the feet (per Metroplex), the removable shin guns, and the rotating ex-helipad on the side of the left leg that reuses Metroplex's shoulder gun that clipped in next to his head.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#52 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1009 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:32 AM

The thing mounted on the outside of the left lower leg of Titans Return Fortress Maximus that is sorta like the thing mounted on the outside of the left lower leg of G1 Fortress Maximus that forms the helipad of his city mode but also has 2 red guns that deploy from it?

The red double gun part of that thing on Fortress Maximus is a re-used part from Metroplex. What looks like might've been a hinge *was* a hinge. Not for an abandoned Fort Max feature but for a feature that was used on Metroplex.

The blue part of it is new.

#53 Black Hat

Black Hat
  • Banned
  • 157 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:53 AM

I'm not sure if he's even worth it for non-Metroplex owners. I'm actually far more interested in tracking down an Encore Fort Max than the TR figure.

#54 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17775 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

Much as I love Cerebros and the figure in general, it's hard to disagree. Hell, if he even just came with the rifle they show him with on the box (they can take "product may vary" and stick that up their aft), it might be a harder call.

I think the biggest hangups I have, though, are the lack of almost any practical, usable interior space. Even for his Titan Master compatibility, he doesn't really have a cockpit like the original, and even a lot of the pegs don't even seem to fit the guy who came with him. His front gate goes nowhere, and the one space he does have in the shoulder doesn't fit much very well, thanks to bulges from the walls and that two-level grate, which is cool in theory, but keeps much from fitting in there without having to employ "shake 'em out" techniques.

G1 Fort Max, comparatively speaking, had all sorts of nooks and crannies that at least fit smaller size Transformers. Wheelie, Fixit, and depending on the mode and place, Rewind are even a bit cramped in TR's spaces (though Rewind's tank mode fits beautifully in the lower level of the shoulder area).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#55 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1009 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

One thing that *might* make Fort Max more worth it is if there is eventually a Titan class Scorponok. If some one is big into the Fort Max/Scorponok rivalry, having 2 with articulation and equal height line up against each other would be fun.

#56 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17775 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

Incidentally, thinking about it, TR Fort Max's base mode reminds me a lot of Scorponok's. I wonder if there's been any thought to remolding it further along those lines.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#57 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Staff
  • 24381 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Incidentally, thinking about it, TR Fort Max's base mode reminds me a lot of Scorponok's. I wonder if there's been any thought to remolding it further along those lines.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Why would you speak such horrible words on the off-chance they could will such a thing into existence? One Metroplex retool is more than enough.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

Spoiler

#58 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17775 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

I like to be prepared.

Incidentally, for everything I can see making it work, I can see reasons why it wouldn't, mostly coming down to the tail.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#59 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1009 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:50 AM

I like to be prepared.

Incidentally, for everything I can see making it work, I can see reasons why it wouldn't, mostly coming down to the tail.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

The tail is the sticking point.

But I do expect for any "humanoid" Titan Class, they're likely to reuse at least some incidental parts of this "Titan Class Buck".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users