Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

Photo

Elder Scrolls

333 replies to this topic

#1 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25912 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

I know we already have two Skyrim threads. But we have nothing for Elder Scrolls Online (which I'm kinda sorta doing a half hearted play through on while also playing other games) or Oblivion (which I'll get my hands on Monday so I don't have much to say yet but probably will).

I thought we had an Oblivion thread, but I couldn't find anything, not even archived.

Plus if and when we start seeing stuff about an ES6, I figure we might as well have a catch all.

I probably won't have much to say until I get Oblivion on Monday. But I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Also, Oblivion was my first ES game. I always did regret selling it to Gam Stop (hence why I bought it again). But I am curious about others experiences on the older games and how they compare.

I sometimes talk about Oblivion, Skyrim and or Online and wonder if there's someone in the thread muttering under their breath "there were games before Oblivion you know!"
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

Hey, we all have to start somewhere. Oblivion was my first ES game too: and even then, the series didn't catch on me until I switched to the console. It just didn't click with me on the computer. It was slow, jaggy, ugly (which was saying something.), and frustrating.

I got it cheap for xbox360, and fell in love. I found a copy of morrowind for the original xbox (and still have it.) and pirated copies of redguard and arena. I couldn't get into the games that were older than morrowind though.

I was in the ESO beta, and have been thinking of trying it again now that there's no subscription required.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#3 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25912 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

ESO is pretty good. I've been having fun with it and will still probably play it in between sessions of Oblivion and some occasional Skyrim. I'm just taking a break from Mountain Flower hunting.

I found it for $20 at Best Buy.
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#4 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47900 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

I started with Morrowind. Played the heck out of it - keep an install and go back occasionally. Like revisiting an old friend.

I've also dabbled in Daggerfall. Dated graphic wise, but ambitious even by today's standards. Also nothing like popping into a Temple of Kynerath and seeing naked supplicants everywhere.

ESO...never really caught with me. I think my days of playing MMOs are simply done.

#5 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25912 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

I just play ESO like I play the normal ES games. I don't join a party or anything. And if anyone happens to join in while I'm fighting *shrugs*. But yeah, I've never been much of a MMO player either. That's why I went back to Skyrim last night and plan on starting Oblivion Monday.

I just looked up Morrowind on Amazon and Ebay. It looks like it was X-Box and PC only...neither of which I have. I also looked it up in the App store. It didn't have it.

So I guess if I want to go retro with this franchise, it's going to have to be You Tube.
PSN = Caldwin

#6 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47900 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

Beware Morrowind on YouTube...the game is vast. The faction quests alone are boggling - Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild, Thieves' Guild, House Hlaalu, House Telvanni, House Redoran, The Imperial Legion, The Imperial Temple, The Tribunal Temple, The Morag Tong (The Dark Brotherhood's legalized older brother), The East Empire Company, Ashlander Camps, and not one...not two...but THREE separate Vampire Clans - the Aundae, Berne, and Quarra. To say nothing of various other side quests and Daedric quests.

Heck, the series I'm watching - SorcerDave is the YouTuber - is two years running and fifty episodes in (at an hour long each) and all he's managed to accomplish is the bulk (but not all) of the Morag Tong, a bit of the main quest, and a few Daedric quests.

#7 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

I just play ESO like I play the normal ES games. I don't join a party or anything. And if anyone happens to join in while I'm fighting *shrugs*. But yeah, I've never been much of a MMO player either. That's why I went back to Skyrim last night and plan on starting Oblivion Monday.

I just looked up Morrowind on Amazon and Ebay. It looks like it was X-Box and PC only...neither of which I have. I also looked it up in the App store. It didn't have it.

So I guess if I want to go retro with this franchise, it's going to have to be You Tube.

You don't have a PC at all? Cause the game is on steam and GoG and is often times on sale for quite a deep discount, GOTY edition too, and the requirements to run it are no longer as unattainable or monumental as they were at release. You could probably pull it off with an off the shelf rig with enough ram.

#8 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

Morrowind makes the other games look like hot garbage.

Then you swing a sword at a rat and miss 50 times and they suddenly look less garbage!

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#9 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25912 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

My Macbook Pro is my main computer. I do still have a PC. It's disconnected in my hobby room...replaced by my Macbook because it was running slower than a sloth covered in molasses trudging through tar.
PSN = Caldwin

#10 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47900 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Morrowind makes the other games look like hot garbage.

Then you swing a sword at a rat and miss 50 times and they suddenly look less garbage!

Eh, Morrowind's got a host of problems - the dated dice roll combat system being only one of them. The dialogue system is pretty pathetic - about five miles wide but only two inches deep. Tons of things to ask NPCs, but 99% of them give back the same canned responses. The horrible quest navigation implementation. Never will you miss quest markers more then a few hours into Morrowind. The compass I tend to turn off in later games, but always knowing where your aiming via the map is dang handy. Beats the heck out of scouring a mountainside looking for a staff like in Morrowind.

#11 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22992 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

I saw ESO has a Morrowind expansion coming, so that had me excited, but all they advertised was Dwemer junkpiles and literally just a bear. Where are my giant bugs, Bethesda?

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#12 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28957 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:19 PM

In the ground where they rightly belong.

xC9l3eY.gif

#13 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22992 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

Boooo!
  • Jet likes this

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#14 BlackMax

BlackMax

Turbonerd

• Citizen
  • 3022 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

I saw ESO has a Morrowind expansion coming, so that had me excited, but all they advertised was Dwemer junkpiles and literally just a bear. Where are my giant bugs, Bethesda?

In Fallout.

"Nobody is hugging me into feeling like church." -Destron

#15 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25912 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Okay, so I started Oblivion. A few notes.

I was worried about some "Damn you muscle memory" type moments. But really it only took a little bit amount of time to get used to it. Though I may want to put off playing Skyrim for a while so I'm not fighting that muscle memory.

Arrows actually have weight to them. I mean, negligible weight, but still weight. That's kind of a rude awakening after being able to collect arrows with impunity in Skyrim.

The menu's are a bit cumbersome compared to Skyrim. But I'm navigating them alright.

And it also looks like the leveling system is completely different. So I'm going to have to relearn it.

Wait...I just got arrested for *checks menu* murder? What? I didn't murder anyone. What the? I mean, unless I was in battle and there was friendly fire...I didn't murder anyone. *sighs*

Anwaaaaaay! I like the colors more here. The grass is actually green. Sky is blue. Everything in Skyrim was so dark and dreary. Which is fine. But it's nice to have something a bit more light.

But dang...the races are uuuuuugly! I had to really work to get my Khajiit to something passible.

All in all...pretty good start. I inticipate a lot of fun with this.
PSN = Caldwin

#16 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, oblivion suffers from potato face pretty badly. The voices will get really repetitive, really fast. The entire game world is covered by one criminal system too, so no running to another hold to get away from your crimes.

Yeah, the UI is pretty clunky when you compare it to skyrim, but if you started there it's fairly straightforward and easy to understand.

#17 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4562 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

So...the original games. Were they PC only? And what were they like? Anyone play Elder Scrolls 1 or 2?

#18 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

The original games are best viewed through a zoo window...

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#19 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18695 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

Yeah, I tried to go back and play... one of them, I can't remember which, but it was clunky as hell.  Might have been OK back in the day, but today it's a frustrating nonsensical mess.

Oblivion is weird.  It's a halfway step between Morrowind and Skyrim and feels like the awkward, unloved stepchild in retrospect.  At the time, I loved it, though XD

nzo8WYb.png

#20 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

Also the spinoffs:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users