Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Foffy : (24 May 2017 - 11:05 PM)

I mean, a large portion of the status updates are snippets of peoples' twitter accounts...

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 May 2017 - 09:34 PM)

I thought that was the status updates?

@  ▲ndrusi : (24 May 2017 - 09:18 PM)

Wait, I thought Twitter was the P&R shoutbox.

@  Noideaforaname : (24 May 2017 - 06:11 PM)

Nerd talk is infinitely better than P&R talk...

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2017 - 04:30 PM)

Warning: Chatbox subject to spontaneous outbursts of nerd talk

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2017 - 03:50 PM)

Most people should rap their age as a math problem.

@  Foffy : (24 May 2017 - 03:24 PM)

More people should state their age as math problems. I'm nine squared minus sixty-three.

@  Benbot : (24 May 2017 - 03:16 PM)

That's a complicated way of saying you're 20

@  Whirl Maximus : (24 May 2017 - 03:08 PM)

Simpsons movie is ten years old. I'm ten years older.

@  The Doctor Who : (24 May 2017 - 02:48 PM)

Or Facebook

@  Paladin : (24 May 2017 - 02:07 PM)

it's called Tumblr.

@  lastmaximal : (24 May 2017 - 02:04 PM)

Is there a p&r shoutbox?

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2017 - 02:02 PM)

Quote from Facebook (not from me): "Religion is like having a penis. It's all very well and good to be proud of it. Just don't shove it in my face UNLESS I ASK YOU TO!"

@  Rycochet : (24 May 2017 - 11:21 AM)

In an mmmbop they're gone! In an mmm bop they're not there!

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2017 - 08:13 AM)

can't touch this

@  Robowang : (24 May 2017 - 08:09 AM)

It's Skyline time.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2017 - 06:28 AM)

It's that time of the month.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 May 2017 - 06:27 AM)

Communist bananas?

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2017 - 06:25 AM)

Bad sign when bananas go red.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 May 2017 - 10:41 PM)

I read that as "What color are their bannanas"....

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2017 - 05:21 PM)

They're all red.

@  Paladin : (23 May 2017 - 05:20 PM)

what color are their bandanas?

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 04:48 PM)

*rescue, though

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 04:47 PM)

Hooray, animal rescue! TMM & I have a red-eared slider. Not a resdue,

@  Noideaforaname : (23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM)

@MEDdMI - Me and my teacher both had box turtles. The teach did animal rescue work, so two of her turtles were actually deformed and couldn't be released (one's shell was too large and the other's too small), so they ended up being class pets.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (23 May 2017 - 02:12 PM)

They had regular flat, cereal bowl-type molding at the bottom, so it wasn't much an issue that I can recall.

@  OrionPax44 : (23 May 2017 - 02:10 PM)

How tough is it to clean out those bowls. I'd imagine the nooks and crannies from their spines are tough areas.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (23 May 2017 - 01:47 PM)

I had two of those bowls, Michelangelo and Donatello

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 01:46 PM)

Nice. What kind of turtles?

@  Noideaforaname : (23 May 2017 - 01:10 PM)

I had that turtle bowl too. Never did the obvious 'pretend to be Shredder and dine on turtle soup'... but that's because I had a bunch of pet turtles plus I frequently pet-sat a teacher's trio.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2017 - 12:36 PM)

You ate out of a Ninja Turtle? Kinky.

@  NightViper : (23 May 2017 - 12:33 PM)

My bowl didn't just have a picture of a Ninja Turtle, it WAS a Ninja Turtle. And came with a box of Cookie Crisp that I didn't eat.

@  Foffy : (23 May 2017 - 12:31 PM)

My favorite dish is this bowl I had as a kid that had a picture of a Ninja Turtle on it.

@  Robowang : (23 May 2017 - 10:32 AM)

mmm. That's my favorite dish.

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 10:06 AM)

like.... Fractured But Whole?

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 06:51 AM)

everything sounds dirty

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 May 2017 - 06:49 AM)

why does this sound dirty

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 06:05 AM)

Psh. I'm still waiting for Ranma Whole.

@  unluckiness : (23 May 2017 - 05:08 AM)

I'll wait for the sequel series Dragon Whole.

@  Maruten : (23 May 2017 - 04:26 AM)

Can't believe the Dragon Half manga is finally being translated this year.

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 03:22 AM)

DRAGON HALF!

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2017 - 09:00 PM)

Xellos...? *looks at avatar pic* speaking of old anime... DRAGON SLAVE!!!

@  Xellos : (22 May 2017 - 08:56 PM)

Yeah, Tylor is awesome. One of the few series (Tylor and Escaflowne) I watched multiple times subtitled. On VHS even. Own two sets of each on DVD (or BD in 2nd Escaflowne's case). Original Tylor DVD and the remastered DVD, and both sets of dubs for Escaflowne (not counting the aborted Saturday morning edit, though I did tape that as it aired).

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 May 2017 - 08:28 PM)

Man, I'm so sad I missed so much of the mid-90s anime. The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is SO MUCH FUN!

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 11:43 AM)

where's GALVATRON in MP form dammit?! he didn't even get in for the anniversary year...

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 May 2017 - 11:35 AM)

I'm still waiting on the rest of the Dinobots.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:24 AM)

The Decepticon MP cassettes are probably my favorite MP figures so far. Fantastic little dudes.

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2017 - 11:23 AM)

I want a Masterpiece Blaster if only because I'm fond of the Masterpiece cassettes and want Takara to make more. They should also do Slugfest and Overkill since they were in the cartoon too, even if it was only very briefly.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:21 AM)

I just want the Chip figure. The only Autobot cars I have or want are G2 Sideswipe and Hot Rod.

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 11:14 AM)

another Autobot car. "yaaaaaay."

Photo

Riverdale TV Series: A.K.A. "How Miss Grundy Got Her Groove Back"

86 replies to this topic

#21 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21410 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Yes.

He and Luke Perry were the only two actors in this show that were familiar to me beforehand.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#22 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23541 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

Yes.

He and Luke Perry were the only two actors in this show that were familiar to me beforehand.

Not even Robin Givens as the mayor?

Also, Lochlyn Munro (Betty's dad) is one of those guys who isn't famous, but you've probably seen him around.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#23 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

Gotta get my ZacWilliam on but i dont like this. I dont mind Archie being more adult but Archie being with a teacher, the whole thing centering on a murder mystery, and the kiss between betty and veronica just to join the squad...im not feeling this at all.

I wouldve preferred a more serious but still lighthearted take

#24 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3630 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, they were very firmly going for this Twin Peaks thing and if you don't dig that direction then this show is not for you. It's not Archie as a teen drama. It's not supposed to be Dawson's Creek or the OC or whatever. It's all murder and sex and personality disorders. I'm hoping they don't go down the Afterlife route with Cheryl and Jason but we'll see.

76.jpg

#25 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14967 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

Not to play to expectations but that's where I am. I have zero problem with this existing, I'm all for weirdly insane things existing, but I also have zero desire to watch it. Just not my sort of thing really tone wise.

-ZacWilliam, I'm entertained enough reading ComicsAlliance's recaps to stick with following along that way.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#26 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21410 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Yes.

Not even Robin Givens as the mayor?

Also, Lochlyn Munro (Betty's dad) is one of those guys who isn't famous, but you've probably seen him around.

If I have seen them before, then I must not have known their names.

Though, I'd need to see more of the mayor and Betty's dad to see if I do recognize either of them.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#27 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5975 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, they were very firmly going for this Twin Peaks thing and if you don't dig that direction then this show is not for you. It's not Archie as a teen drama. It's not supposed to be Dawson's Creek or the OC or whatever. It's all murder and sex and personality disorders. I'm hoping they don't go down the Afterlife route with Cheryl and Jason but we'll see.

The writer of Afterlife is the producer of this so... it could go the same way? He might introduce the lesbian part too.

Whatever happened to Afterlife anyway? It's been dead in the water for a while now?

Never saw twin peaks but if this is how it looks like, that's fine.

I'm pretty sure Mrs Lodge's original name was never Hermione, haha.

Btw, Wally's Shortpacked had a strip that explained Jughead's hat. The live action hat looks like the crown edges were sewed up.

#28 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3630 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

Yeah, Aguirre-Sacasa running the show is why I'm worried it will be too Afterlifey. I'm not sure what happened to the book... I think there were delays and I'm not sure whether it's been officially cancelled. That would be weird as it seemed to be really popular. Aguirre-Sacasa may have become too busy once they made him Archie's EIC or whatever big promotion he got.

It appears that Hermione always has been Veronica's mum's name. I was surprised too.

76.jpg

#29 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 561 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

I love this show, but I would as somebody who loves dramatic high-school nonsense and has no (serious) history with Archie comic books.

I want Veronica to be my favorite character, but I'm kind of annoyed by how she'll at a certain way and then be unable to describe her motivations (usually the show would subtly make reference to them, but this is not that sort of show, this is a show where everybody seems to be unable to stop talking their feelings).

Even though this show's premise is dark, I feel like there's an undercurrent of optimism? Archie himself seems to be keen on always trying to do the right thing and most of the characters aren't outright evil, they're just ridiculously troubled (ie CW characters).

Edited by fourteenwings, 16 February 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Everlasting ★☆SUMMER☆★

#30 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3630 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

I see where you're coming from, but banging your teacher is not a smart or good thing to do, so even Archie has some jive to work out. :)

76.jpg

#31 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23541 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:11 AM

Aww, Jughead! *cries*

BTW, in such a small town, how does Archie's dad not know what's up with Jughead's family situation?

Edited by D Buster Prime, 17 February 2017 - 03:13 AM.

card-snapdragon.jpg

#32 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23541 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:11 AM

Line of the episode- Kevin: "Yessss." *upon seeing Cheryl Blossom crashing Jason's memorial service, delighting in the impending drama.

card-snapdragon.jpg

#33 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:48 AM

I love how Hermoine presents herself and her motives to her daughter, because it genuinely cements how Veronica felt about the move to Riverdale, in addition to her own statements about wishing to change. Like; just how much she genuinely believes that the drop in status is karmic retribution for her family's actions, but then her mother starts to pull her back in with all her smooth talk.

It's not a blatant as Betty and her mother, but it's just as brilliant.

Everlasting ★☆SUMMER☆★

#34 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5975 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

I'm behind two eps so I just saw the drive in theatre ep. Wow! Jughead's dad! Is that Jelly bean, his sister?

Grundy can't leave yet!

#35 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23541 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:33 AM

Aww Jughead, she's just not that into you. Besides, you're too good for her. Go date a Pussycat. They're the least cray people on the show.

Potential upcoming episode spoilers:

Spoiler

Edited by D Buster Prime, 04 March 2017 - 04:33 AM.

card-snapdragon.jpg

#36 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21410 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

Potential upcoming episode spoilers:

Spoiler

To be played by whom, though?

Certainly not her former, most well known actress who's definitely no longer a teenager by now, right?

#37 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5975 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

I clicked on the spoiler space.

W.T.Hell?! This better not be true. That would just suck.

Oh, I haven't seen the latest ep yet

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 04 March 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#38 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

This thread with

Spoiler
feels super random.

I wonder if Betty's going to have a genuine identity crisis soon, or maybe she was just Polly all along

Everlasting ★☆SUMMER☆★

#39 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5975 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Caught up. I also thought Polly would be Betty or something, but she's real.

The Jughead move came out of nowhere for me. Has he even eaten any burgers here? Or met Ethel?

I actually like Valerie a lot with Archie. I think it was in the comics for a while? It won't last on the show but it's nice. I like the Josie dad drama too (what did he not like, really?)

Hey, no Cheryl. Nice.

#40 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14992 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

I have a higher-than-average affection for Archie so I was interested. But it's the CW! The channel that made Dawson's Creek and Smallville! I don't care for those. But then my friends were all "So good!" and I'm like "Hmmm maybe" but then again my friends also like Lady Gaga for some reason. So anyway, I gave it a shot. And... it surpassed the hype, by a lot. I quickly binged on it and now I want more.

Cheryl is so over-the-top villainous, it almost is too much. But then her parents (and Alice Cooper too) turn the villainy up to 11 making the whole show have a "Scheming adults vs well-meaning kids" thing.

Jughead is a great take on the character. Aww yeah Bughead!

Kevin feels a bit like the audience surrogate at this point.

Archie's "music? sports?" plotline is so boring when there's murder mystery to solve. So when he's on screen I just focus on his powerful weight-lifting eyebrows.

The pussycats feel a bit shoehorned in for the sake of it, but it doesn't hurt anything and the music is gooooood. 

Reggie is fun but disappointingly sidelined for the time being.

Woooo!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users