Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Waspinator : (24 February 2017 - 02:58 AM)

breathes in space

@  MEDdMI : (23 February 2017 - 10:40 PM)

Banananananananaaabatman

@  ShadowMan024 : (23 February 2017 - 10:28 PM)

Batamarangutan.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 February 2017 - 08:30 PM)

Batamarang

@  MEDdMI : (23 February 2017 - 08:15 PM)

Batmeese.

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2017 - 03:23 PM)

Batmae.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2017 - 02:41 PM)

I think it's pronounced "batman incorporated"...

@  D Immortalis : (23 February 2017 - 02:41 PM)

Batmans is more fun to say but i think, sadly, its batmen

@  Bass X0 : (23 February 2017 - 02:36 PM)

Is the plural of Batman Batmans or Batmen?

@  Vexwing : (23 February 2017 - 12:32 PM)

I'd be excited if it were within the realm of affordability.

@  Benbot : (23 February 2017 - 12:11 PM)

Transmetal or GTFO

@  Robowang : (23 February 2017 - 11:21 AM)

HORACE STATUE

@  Crypt : (23 February 2017 - 09:41 AM)

Anyone else excited about that Prime 1 Studio BW Megatron? It looks amazing

@  unitremover : (22 February 2017 - 09:36 PM)

I haven't been up there in a while but one of the Walmarts around here still has AOE deluxes out. Some of the CVSs do too.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2017 - 09:34 PM)

It's been the same thing in local stores for ages up here.

@  BlackMax : (22 February 2017 - 09:33 PM)

One near me is the same - I swear they have over forty Deluxes there, all from many months ago.

@  Telly : (22 February 2017 - 07:43 PM)

my walmart finally filled those empty tr pegs. and of course its a mix of waves one and 2 (wave 1.5?)

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 February 2017 - 07:11 PM)

Got Highbrow, Skullcrusher, Scourge, and Chromedome for $5 a piece

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 February 2017 - 07:10 PM)

My Walmart had a Generations Rattrap hanging for the past 2 and a half years, and in trying to clearance it, inadvertently marked down the entire Generations Deluxe assortment.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 February 2017 - 07:09 PM)

A shelf warmer's ultimate revenge: being around long enough that in trying to clearance it...the store marks down the entire SKU!

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 07:59 AM)

Eh, he would've gotten beaten up if the government sent just about anyone.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 07:56 AM)

Regardless, literally everything I've ever seen (and a lot on tfwiki) attributes Megatron's slide into violence to Whirl beating him up while in custody. Maybe not like flicking a switch but Megatron's line "You made me. You taught me words were weightless without force" kinda spells it out.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I'm not sure if there even was a specific turning point, but he didn't seem kill happy yet when he was with Terminus, and that was after Whirl beating him up.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 07:24 AM)

It was also before any sort of uprising or him actually doing much of anything.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 07:20 AM)

I mean, the whole thing didn't start as "the great war". It was an uprising that eventually morphed into a the war.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 07:17 AM)

Yeah, of course it's before the war, Whirl beating Megatron while he was in custody was the tipping point that made Megatron turn violent.

@  RC85747 : (22 February 2017 - 07:08 AM)

again

@  RC85747 : (22 February 2017 - 07:04 AM)

Forgot this wasn't a search bar

@  RC85747 : (22 February 2017 - 07:03 AM)

hascon

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 February 2017 - 05:12 AM)

But the thing with Whirl was before he started the war.

@  Pennpenn : (22 February 2017 - 03:28 AM)

Like so many awful things in that universe, it's basically Whirl's fault.

@  Telly : (22 February 2017 - 12:51 AM)

for about 10 minutes. then he got all kill happy

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 February 2017 - 10:27 PM)

Wouldn't IDW Megatron kind of count since his main reason for instigating the Great War was to overthrow the Functionist social order?

@  Black Hat : (21 February 2017 - 04:05 PM)

(I haven't read IDW at all please don't sue me)

@  Black Hat : (21 February 2017 - 04:04 PM)

Tyrest? He was chief justice, even :p

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2017 - 03:24 PM)

I kinda want an Autobot to have the function of "Social Justice Warrior".

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 February 2017 - 12:20 PM)

Even we have limits.

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 12:18 PM)

Good. But let's agree not to do one for Tecumseh.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 February 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Shitting Bull.

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 11:54 AM)

or spending a lot of time taking a Squatto?

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 11:49 AM)

nice

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 February 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Just hope it's clean or you'll be meeting Pukeahontas.

@  Robowang : (21 February 2017 - 10:39 AM)

Snackajawea - REAL Native American food prepackaged for your snacking pleasure!

@  Pennpenn : (19 February 2017 - 04:03 AM)

Oh wait, figured it out. Doi...

@  Pennpenn : (19 February 2017 - 04:02 AM)

I'm kinda disappointed how they messed up Legion Bisk's hands so that his front wheels can't roll.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 February 2017 - 12:45 AM)

One of the Walmarts near me has some pegs full of Wave 1 TR deluxes.

@  Paladin : (18 February 2017 - 09:39 PM)

https://twitter.com/autobase_aichi/status/833142409005391872 ....is that an MP DINOBOT teaser?!?!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 February 2017 - 09:35 PM)

Yeah, never seen a Titans Return Hot Rod

@  LBD "Nyt... : (18 February 2017 - 08:58 PM)

Or Hot Rod. D=

@  LBD "Nyt... : (18 February 2017 - 08:58 PM)

Wow, seriously? I don't think I've even seen him here. =(

Photo

Riverdale TV Series: A.K.A. "How Miss Grundy Got Her Groove Back"

31 replies to this topic

#1 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23214 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

I've seen the first two episodes, and I like it.

What I love is that basically everybody except for Archie has been updated with the times, while remaining true to the spirit of the comic books.  Archie is a lovable, yet naive, good-hearted goof.

In addition to the typical CW relationship drama, there's a murder mystery and a noir feel thrown into the mix.  If you're into cheesey teen dramas, this one is definitely better than most and worth your time.

If you're into Archie, I think you'll be able to tell if this is for you after a couple episodes, and those that have enjoyed the recent further-reaching adaptations in the comic books will likely get a kick out of this.

If the only part of the Arrow-verse you enjoy is easter-egg references to comic books in between ass-kicking, this may not be your cup of tea.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#2 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3291 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:20 PM

I liked the first episode, though dark and edgy Riverdale is pretty hard to swallow. I hope Aguirre-Sacasa doesn't bring too much of Afterlife with Archie to the show. I mean, great book (if you're into that sort of thing) but even without the zombies I don't think we need the show to go that far.

Mostly I have my fingers crossed for Hot Dog.

76.jpg

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 20561 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

This show is like eating a bag of potato chips. You know it's not good for you, and will probably come back to haunt you later, but you just can't seem to quit it until it's over.

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 February 2017 - 09:26 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 31896 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

I've only seen the first episode so far, but I mostly enjoy it. Its a pretty good send up to the Archieverse and its characters, while also being the sorta typical CW Drama. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5 Daith

Daith

Happy Life Day!

• Supporter
  • 7481 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

Watched the first episode but not big into either the teen drama genre or Archie to keep it going. I'll watch it if it's on maybe but I don't think I'm going to keep it going as I would the Arrowverse shows. The Superman spin is what kept me with Smallville all ten seasons even for the lackluster payoff. Archie just isn't going to draw me in long term.

Edited by Daith, 04 February 2017 - 06:33 PM.

3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 20561 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Watched the first episode but not big into either the teen drama genre or Archie to keep it going. I'll watch it if it's on maybe but I don't think I'm going to keep it going as I would the Arrowverse shows. The Superman spin is what kept me with Smallville all ten seasons even for the lackluster payoff. Archie just isn't going to draw me in long term.

The thing that seems to be keeping me going with it is that it seems to have an ongoing serialized narrative that will continue from episode to episode with the mystery surrounding Jason's death driving the story forward.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5777 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

Saw two eps. I think it's too easy to have any main character seen so far be the killer. Maybe someone will appear mid season to be the killer. Too easy to be Cheryl or Betty's mom.

Who the hell is Polly? Did Betty really have a sister?

Grundy is, well, wow. It's not the real Grundy tho. The comic Grundy is Gertrude and this one is Geraldine.

I feel that Reggie should be scheming and more involved here. Kevin has a bigger role than him and Reggie is a classic main cast guy.

Kinda disappointed in loner, unfunny Jughead. He's the coolest guy in the comics for me and here, he's so dark, haha.

#8 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7411 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

I'm digging it so far. I do think it's pretty cheesy, but I do eat that stuff up. 

I do love Jughead's narration over the episode and the very 'Twin Peaks' feel to the mood. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Also, I'm wondering how you can follow up with Season 2. Will there be another murder? A disappearance? I just see themselves having issues topping the murder from this season.

Edited by skankerzero, 05 February 2017 - 02:57 PM.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#9 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 31896 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

Who the hell is Polly? Did Betty really have a sister?

I feel that Reggie should be scheming and more involved here. Kevin has a bigger role than him and Reggie is a classic main cast guy.

Kinda disappointed in loner, unfunny Jughead. He's the coolest guy in the comics for me and here, he's so dark, haha.

I looked some of this up after the first episode, since some things didn't match with my memories of Archie:

Betty has an older Brother and Sister, though they were apparently kinda non-canon for a bit only showing up n 'Lil Archie' comics to be a more 'adult' presence. They came into offical canon in the 90's with their absences explained due to having Jobs away from Riverdale. Also, Betty's Mom being kinda a bitch is different from the comics as well.

Jughead's personality here seems to be shaped by Jason's Death and whatever cuased him and Archie to no longer be as close as they were. 

Regie is apparently gonna get more focus as the season goes on, based on a bit I read about upcoming character. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#10 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 2711 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

My money's on Ms. Grundy.

She could turn out to be the obsessive-type who was also sleeping with Jason and shot him after he dumped her or threatened to make their relationship public.

-SS (She was his Candy Girl.)

#11 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 20561 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Miss Grundy was with Archie when they both heard the gunshot at the river. She couldn't be in two places at once.

Edited by Sabrblade, 05 February 2017 - 08:54 PM.

#12 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3291 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

That's what she WANTS you to think. 

76.jpg

#13 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7411 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

Miss Grundy was with Archie when they both heard the gunshot at the river. She couldn't be in two places at once.

The end of episode 2 tells us the gunshot they heard isn't the one that killed him since they say he died a week later.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#14 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5777 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Also, I'm wondering how you can follow up with Season 2. Will there be another murder? A disappearance? I just see themselves having issues topping the murder from this season.

I'm actually wondering if it'll be like the comics where there's no continuity and season 2 will be Veronica arriving again and there's a different mystery, haha.

I did see Betty's mom and dad in the comics before but they barely register. It's was Fred, Archie's mom and Mr Lodge who were always around. I don't recall Fred being a construction guy but it was a good excuse to explain how Archie got hot, haha.

Aw, I suddenly miss the Mr Lodge and Smothers dynamic of can't standing Archie.

#15 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 20561 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

I'm actually wondering if it'll be like the comics where there's no continuity and season 2 will be Veronica arriving again and there's a different mystery, haha.

This time, it'll be Cheryl who died and Jason will be the school's grieving big man on campus.

Instead of Archie taking Jason's football number, Betty or Veronica will take Cheryl's cheerleading position.

#16 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 20561 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:19 AM

Just caught episode 3. Man, even Dilton isn't safe from the CW's brood writing.

#17 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23214 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

Episode 3 recap:  Betty is straight up cray-cray. The scarlet lipstick...the wig...incarnating her allegedly cray-cray sister...GOLD!

Line of the episode:

Archie's Dad:  I met your met your music teacher last night.  Yeah, Miss Grundy?  Whoa. They did not look like that back in my day, son.

For being an obvious over-the-top guilty pleasure, this show is WAY better than it has any right to be!

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#18 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5777 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

I had a different answer in mind when Josie asked Archie why they were called the Pussycats.

I'm sorry. (Hahahaha)

Ethel's name appeared on the book twice. (Btw, she's really Barb from Stranger Things?) And I saw Midge listed and followed by 'Go Moose!'.

#19 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3291 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:09 PM

I thought episode three was a bit disappointing, it just all felt a bit clunky to me, like the dialogue could have used an extra polish or the execution was just a bit off. And I'm worried that Betty's a bit too crazy. And everything that has anything to do with Cheryl is just kind of insufferably stupid. 

But on the whole, still enjoying the show a lot. Big Luke Perry fan (best Buffy character) and loving Cole Sprouse's Jughead. For some reason. 

76.jpg

#20 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 19344 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:22 AM

wait, the suite life of zack and cody cole sprouse?

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users