Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

Photo
- - - - -

Fun Pub Postmortem: Best Exclusives

Fun Publications Exclusives Joy Glee Buckets of paint Expensive

199 replies to this topic

#21 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 34997 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

I never could get past the dinky noggin on that one.

Oh, and I really should add Thrustinator, since 1) It's absurd, and 2) It's a mold that's relatively rare and obscure in its own right.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#22 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 992 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:36 PM

But for reals, probably Oilmaster. I don't own it but I've been sorely tempted.

While Oilmaster lacks in someways, it probably is one of their best, or at least one of the biggest accomplishments.

Something I didn't see mentioned already that I really like, maybe didn't use much creativity behind it, and had some mold tolerance issues, but I think the "Universe/Energon" Seacon set is superb. Taking Hasbro's unused deco, but actually getting it produced and making a wonderful giftset box with cut-out windows in great re-creation of late G1 Japanese packaging.

#23 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1593 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

Never having owned any of it, the stuff I was always most envious of in general was the Neo-G2 releases, like Ramjet, Starscream and Rapido.

Also, Shattered Glass Thundercracker for just...being what it was. And the original Punch/Counterpunch.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 02 February 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#24 Ratchet/Megatron

Ratchet/Megatron
  • Citizen
  • 284 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

Ugh, so many choices.

TFSS Krok.  Utterly beautiful and with his AM partner!

Botcon Kickoff: Love him!

The audacity and obscurity of Oilmaster delights me, but I won't have the mold until TFSS 5.0 ships

I'd go with Krok, and give special mention to The Predacus - love the way he turned out, especially in combined mode.  

#25 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 34997 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

While Oilmaster lacks in someways, it probably is one of their best, or at least one of the biggest accomplishments.

Something I didn't see mentioned already that I really like, maybe didn't use much creativity behind it, and had some mold tolerance issues, but I think the "Universe/Energon" Seacon set is superb. Taking Hasbro's unused deco, but actually getting it produced and making a wonderful giftset box with cut-out windows in great re-creation of late G1 Japanese packaging.

Oh yes, mold rot be damned, getting the Universe Seacons out there was pretty great, even if it was kind of limited.

#26 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38946 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

TCC Scalor is still Archerbot to me.

#27 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 34997 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

In retrospect, I kind of wish they'd done a little more that, like getting the G2 Combat Hero Prime and Megatron out since the molds still existed, etc.  And the Club members are basically exactly the audience that'd care about that, especially early on.

#28 Twilight Noisemaze

Twilight Noisemaze
  • Citizen
  • 108 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

I joined the Club just to get my hands on Runamuck and Runabout...and almost Nightbeat, but thankfully I held off on that.

Krok and Treadshot are pretty good, as several have noted.  Thunder Mayhem as well.

I do like Timelines Rampage in concept, especially the big X on his chest, but the execution was a little lacking.  That tiny head looks really off standing next to Timelines Depthcharge.

While I'm still undecided on who I will nominate for Funpubs best job, I want to agree with you on Rampage, wonderful figure & concept but boy don't I wish it were voyager mold instead...

#29 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50504 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

I'd have to go with Actionmaster Thundercracker, Krok, and Rapido as my top three.

card-strongarm.jpg

#30 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Apprentice Staff
  • 2596 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

Seeing multiple people mention Rapido warms my heart. Love that guy.

Love that year in general. The new head sculpts were so perfectly on-point; Rapido, Clench, Sky-byte, and Breakdown are still some of what I'd consider their all-time best.

Edited by Vexwing, 02 February 2017 - 04:32 PM.

Ambus_Sig_Vexwing_Under40.jpg
I'm on Twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing
www.flickr.com/vexwing

#31 General Tekno

General Tekno

BRUNT; F.C.A.!

• Citizen
  • 1955 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

Nobody's bringing up the excellent Botcon 2011 TFA set? Those were fantastic, in no small part due to having the involvement of people who worked on the show.

Depth Charge is a favorite of mine too.

banner_2015.png

BT Toons - updates Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Blog | Youtube | Twitter | DeviantArt | Tumblr

#32 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

The '06 Dawn of Futures Past set remains my most-loved Fun Pub set of anything I've gotten ahold of. I keep it on a shelf on its own, in pride of place.

I feel the same way. My only complaint about that set is that they opted to match the weird coloring of BW10th Dinobot's toy.

#33 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

G2 Redux is probably my favorite set as a whole, followed closely by Dawn of Future's Past.  DoFP could have used a couple more head sculpts.

#34 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 15468 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

BEST CHARACTER REPRESENTATIONS:
Clench
Krok
TM3 Megatron
Airazor
Sideburn

BEST UNEXPECTED WACKY STUFF:
Double Punch
Sky Byte
Hunter Shokaract

Edited by Thylacine 2000, 02 February 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#35 tec

tec

Return of Samus

• Supporter
  • 25829 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

I never owned any and most likely wont

But there are some exclusives I would have liked dont know what set there from or who made them

The G1 Scrop from Energon Scorp

Cromedome from Prime Wheeljack

G2 Rapido

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

TRY1SIG1_zpseutucm1m.jpg

#36 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 6419 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Botcon '07 Thundercracker for being the instigator of so much impotent rage. (And even after the mass release figures, I was able to sell that set for enough money to buy a new computer, so suck it, fandumb)

BotCon 07 happened the summer I got laid off, and it was already paid for before then, and Classics was so utterly uninteresting to me that I didn't have any qualms about selling them. So that was a nice set of exclusives.

By that same standard, SG Rodimus got me more than the trade-in on my 12 year old Nissan and paid for most of a week's worth of day care, so that's a favorite of mine.

#37 Dracula

Dracula

Trade Rat

• Apprentice Staff
  • 3314 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, thinking on it, I have not owned a single Fun Pub item since Botcon '07. 

But I greatly admired that G2 set. Rapido might be the only use of that mold that I actually like!

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#38 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

Can ya feel it

• Supporter
  • 7757 posts
  • Location:Enjoying a fever dream, wondering where it's gonna lead

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

The 2014 Botcon set is high on my likes followed by Runabout and Runamuck. If I had to pick one favorite individually it'd be Kick Over.

8dcd2c46-905b-445e-ab9d-a2aaca02f9f4_zps

What can I say. I like em large

#39 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1292 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

Banzai-Tron, Kick-Off, Cannonball, Bluestreak, the Autotroopers, Shockaract, Treadshot, and Depth Charge ALL rank among my favorite toys to just pick up and fiddle with.

Honorable mentions go to Scorponok and Nexus Prime for being friggin' gutsy, and Ginrai for being delicious.

Dishonorable mentions go to Overlord and Windsweeper for bad QC problems, and to 2014 Flamewar because I hate that mold that badly.
Addendum: BOTH SG and TFSS Treadshots.

#40 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 8851 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

If you put your thumb near the hinge for support, or grab the panel lower, closer to the hinge, it should put less stress on the rest of the panel and greatly reduce the chance of cracking your chrome.

I learned that all way too late though :(

Yikes!  I'm afraid to even look at mine, or touch it at this point.  :doh

Luckily I have both Gigatron and RiD Galvatron so I don't have to transform Megatron.  He just looks so damn beautiful!

I'd also like to add my love for Predacus and Thunder Mayhem.  Considering the club had a directive from Hasbro to utilize more up-to-date molds based off the current releases, their use of the molds, head sculpts, and paint apps were executed extremely well.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fun Publications, Exclusives, Joy, Glee, Buckets of paint, Expensive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users