Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 January 2018 - 01:59 AM)

When that happens in Cocoa Beach there's always someone getting out their surfboard.

@  CORVUS : (19 January 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Damn!

@  Telly : (18 January 2018 - 10:29 PM)

holy hug

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Goddamn look what happened to the Dutch this week.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/954066379610628097

@  Locoman : (18 January 2018 - 03:43 PM)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand brick and mortar.

@  siccoyote : (18 January 2018 - 04:31 AM)

Who sings the first part of the GIJoe The Movie theme song? (Cobra) Sounds so familiar.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Also true.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM)

I hate brick and mortar stores around here.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

But I like the feel of the brick and mortar search a bit more. And I can see inside packages at brick and mortar. True, Amazon has a good return policy, but I like buying once and settling.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:37 PM)

I suppose I could save more if I bought more often from Amazon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 10:36 PM)

Closest I got to "free" was 30% off warpath, which just about lined him up to the canadian price had he ever shown up around me. The pile of loot saved me a pile, but it was still pricy.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Yeah, I purposefully waited on them because I knew they'd be perfect "add onto orders to get free shipping" fodder. Already gotten two that way. Technically "free" and I barely had to wait.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 09:21 PM)

That's how I feel about Prime Masters. Getting back into collecting last year taught me to be patient, which grants rewards most of the time.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM)

I want Starscream so hard after seeing him in person, but since he's the one being left behind by every other collector in my area, I feel like I can wait for a sale.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM)

I mean: I maybe woulda jumped on starscream if I found a sale or something, but it wasn't a priority.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:08 PM)

I only wanted the dinobots (cause... volcanicus.) but got saddled with three I didn't want due to the bundling. I'd still be waiting to order if I had waited on individual figures.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Ahh.. I just ordered the whole case cause I wanted too. :)

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 06:49 PM)

Mostly PotP dinobots. Plus some stuff I couldn't opt out of to get those dinobots. And CW warpath... cause he was on sale.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM)

What ya getting?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Yay! My package from BBTS is in canada! I might even get it this week!

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 02:04 PM)

I need a laptop more than a new desktop

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Buying a pre-built computer you should be okay.. It's just the individual parts that jumped huge in price.

@  Paladin : (17 January 2018 - 01:14 PM)

well all the idiots who invested in "bitcoin" will be selling theirs en masse to make ends meet so you might be able to find something cheap if you watch auctions.

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 12:59 PM)

Is now a good time to buy a computer? Or should I wait?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 12:01 PM)

I pointed out that I'm on disabilty.. I don't have to pretend to be an adult anymore. ;D

@  MEDdMI : (17 January 2018 - 11:25 AM)

Also Bayonetta 3.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:55 AM)

Nintendo also announced Dark Souls for the Switch, so those people should shut up.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Apparently people are freaking out that Nintendo announced something for kids and kids at heart. And people are absolutely freaking out about it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:23 AM)

...what?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:16 AM)

Why is something for kids and "kids at heart" so bad? :(

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 January 2018 - 09:05 PM)

I vote kidnap Reggie.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 January 2018 - 07:20 PM)

Just post it on the net.. Or maybe kidnapp Reggie and make them do a Nintendo Direct about it. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2018 - 06:50 PM)

Rent a space and do a webcast?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 January 2018 - 06:22 PM)

They could just do a panel at RI ComicCon or something.

@  abates : (16 January 2018 - 05:51 PM)

I wonder how they'll do the Hall of Fame this year without a convention to hold the award ceremony at.

@  B-Fox : (16 January 2018 - 01:33 PM)

metalhawk

@  Shrug : (16 January 2018 - 01:21 PM)

I love RotF Mixmaster, if that means anything.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 January 2018 - 12:42 PM)

Ehh.. when they get to complicated.. it gets annoying. PotP Optimus is decent. Rodimus pushes it just a little.

@  Locoman : (16 January 2018 - 12:32 PM)

Part of the appeal of Transformers for me has always been the mechanical puzzle angle, so I really enjoyed the ROTF/TF2010 line when that angle hit its zenith.

@  Locoman : (16 January 2018 - 12:31 PM)

I'm probably one of the few people who really enjoys complicated, fiddly transformations.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 January 2018 - 12:14 PM)

Some were decent, but many suffered from that "collector mentality" where it just LOOKED good in both modes...but the engineering was complex merely for the sake of it.

@  Shrug : (16 January 2018 - 10:30 AM)

Huh. That's dissapointing. I had completely missed the Alternators and had just always assumed they were good based on how they looked in photos.

@  Pennpenn : (16 January 2018 - 03:34 AM)

I liked the Alternator Tracks mold. I think everyone agrees the Grimjack mold was just kinda shit even if you didn't care about it being Grimlock as a car.

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 January 2018 - 09:16 PM)

My local dept. store Shopko always seemed to get a few late run gems, like Blast Attack Optimus Primal and hard to find collection 2 Revenge of the Sith toys.

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 January 2018 - 09:15 PM)

Still wish I had snagged that extra Swerve I saw on clearance at Shopko, though

@  RichardT1977 : (15 January 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Smokescreen was the only Alternator I ever got.

@  Telly : (15 January 2018 - 07:24 PM)

i sold all my alternators last year

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 January 2018 - 05:27 PM)

Hound isn't bad, and, uh........

@  Paladin : (15 January 2018 - 05:23 PM)

there's only like 3 Alternator molds at most that still hold up...

Photo

So - Marvel?

98 replies to this topic

#21 Broadside

Broadside

Black hole sun/Won't you come/And swallow Cybertron

• Citizen
  • 9128 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, apparently it's been selling terribly.
I checked it out a couple of times. It's hamstrung by the art and the focus on Bucky, mostly; it's a lot better when it's about the actual Thunderbolts.

card-rewind.jpg

#22 2018

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42366 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:17 AM

I don't read much comics except ones I hear about. I did read Mockingbird and it was amusingly mediocre doctor-who-esque writing until the finale where it turned into offensive character-ruining trash, but by that point it was cancelled anyway.

PM me if you're bored!

#23 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1247 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:53 AM

I think for me, I'm at 'amount of comics' fatigue. It seems like everyone and their uncle has a solo comic how, even if they don't actually need one.

Don't get me wrong, some of them have been great: Carnage, Gwenpool. But there's been a lot of guff in there too (Drax).

I'd much rather they pulled back the amount they make each month and focussed on higher quality, fewer big events for the teams. And quite frankly does EVERYhero need a doppleganger at this point?

Deadpool/gwenpool peter/miles Thor/Odinson Sam Wilson/Steve Rogers wolverine/wolverine/old man logan X-men/all new x-men Iron Man/Ironheart ETC. It becomes overkill. I realise they may not want to go the 90's route of 'oh hey the original is gone here's your new replacement for now' and one or two is ok and some have worked really well. But please Stop with over doing it, not everyone needs a 2nd copy!

My 2 cents.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#24 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15144 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Marvel has a lot of good books and a lot of bad ones. Right now they're in a pretty bad spot

- #1 Fatigue. Fresh starts welcoming to new readers has gone past the point of diminishing returns and now with books renumbering because other books are renumbering, ugh.

- Multiple "Avengers" books and I don't know which one is *the* Avengers book. Where's the single go-to All-star experience where I can get the biggest (available) heroes in one book which is providing a sense of direction from one event to the next? Uncanny? Waid's book? What's the flagship title?

-A big string of bad events. from Age of Ultron to Axis to Original Sin to Civil War 2. If they held off, chilled out, let the status quo develop and set in so that any changes to it would seem like a bigger deal, sure. And none of the events have great concepts, just devices which crap stuff up until they're taken off the table.

-They gave The Inhumans an overdue chance to be the new X-Men. I'm not opposed to the idea, the Inhumans can be cool. But it didn't work and Marvel is trying to convince us it did.

Woooo!

#25 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59634 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

I've tried to pick up a few books here and there, but truth is, since they started rebooting and renumbering everything as a regular practice, I just don't know or care what's going on. 

The only thing I keep track of now are the movies and shows with characters I love. 

#26 Broadside

Broadside

• Citizen
  • 9128 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

- Multiple "Avengers" books and I don't know which one is *the* Avengers book. Where's the single go-to All-star experience where I can get the biggest (available) heroes in one book which is providing a sense of direction from one event to the next? Uncanny? Waid's book? What's the flagship title?

Haven't the X-Men books been doing that for decades, though? Like, there's never less than 2 or 3 "X-Men" team titles at a time.
(It's adjectiveless Avengers that's the "main" one, incidentally.)

-They gave The Inhumans an overdue chance to be the new X-Men. I'm not opposed to the idea, the Inhumans can be cool. But it didn't work and Marvel is trying to convince us it did.

It's kind of amusing that the only things that are getting people excited about Inhumans... well, ever, are the ones coming out after they've pretty much given up on Making Them The New X-Men.
(Apparently the current Avengers cartoon is explicitly doing a "hated and feared" thing with Inhumans right now and the creators are talking about how it's "a message that resonates with kids", so... ehhhn.)

Edited by Broadside, 03 February 2017 - 05:00 PM.

card-rewind.jpg

#27 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8921 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

The new Hawkeye series (Kate Bishop, that is) has zoomed WAY up my list. Squirrel Girl's literally my favourite comic being published right now, but Hawkeye's nipping at its heels off the back of the first two issues.

#28 Broadside

Broadside

• Citizen
  • 9128 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Yeah? I dropped it after the first issue; it seemed to be trying to squish Kate into the mould of "Fraction Hawkguy, but a girl", which didn't do much for me.

(Also, the fact that Kate (1) is (as Clint pointed out in Fraction's run) rich and (2) just moved across the country... but still can't afford a sign for her door...?)

card-rewind.jpg

#29 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 2512 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

The Vision book... I really hate to be that person who's too dumb to get the big new thing, I really wanted to like Vision, but I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'm terrible. 

I'm in the same boat with you about the Vision.  I read the entire series and I felt like I was missing something.

#30 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 2512 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Haven't the X-Men books been doing that for decades, though? Like, there's never less than 2 or 3 "X-Men" team titles at a time.
(It's adjectiveless Avengers that's the "main" one, incidentally.)

It's kind of amusing that the only things that are getting people excited about Inhumans... well, ever, are the ones coming out after they've pretty much given up on Making Them The New X-Men.
(Apparently the current Avengers cartoon is explicitly doing a "hated and feared" thing with Inhumans right now and the creators are talking about how it's "a message that resonates with kids", so... ehhhn.)

With the X-Men they always felt like branches of the overall X-Men.  With the Avengers now it feels like you got all these separate teams calling themselves Avengers but they aren't one big group.

#31 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2291 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

Yeah? I dropped it after the first issue; it seemed to be trying to squish Kate into the mould of "Fraction Hawkguy, but a girl", which didn't do much for me.

(Also, the fact that Kate (1) is (as Clint pointed out in Fraction's run) rich and (2) just moved across the country... but still can't afford a sign for her door...?)

Yeah, I feel the only time Kate's interesting is when she's bouncing off Clint or the Young Avengers or even Deadpool.  Otherwise she's just kind of obnoxiously stuck-up.

#32 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8921 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

Kate's dad cut her off a while back. She was bumming around LA without money even during the Fraction run. The thing about the second issue that locked it in for me was the revelation that, rather than just going for Fraction-style "socially conscious urban heroics," there's genuine mind-controlling supervillainy afoot. There's a line these "boutique" superhero books walk that sometimes tips too far away from the "superhero" side of things (the first few issues of Hellcat, for instance), but Kate's is sllllliiiiiiiiiiicing along that line with razor precision, more than Clint's even did. It really has my attention.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 06 February 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#33 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 20124 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

DorkTower1391-1.jpg

Has something happened with Cap that I don't know about?

#34 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15852 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Apparently:

http://www.polygon.c..._source=twitter

-ZacWilliam, short short: Skull used Cube to retcon things so Cap's always been a secret Hydra Fascist. Hydra takes over the US. Oh and Hydra/The Nazi's winning WW2 and taking over 'might' have been the real universe all along.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 27 April 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#35 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Split decisions

• Retired Staff
  • 17676 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Ms Virion, 27 April 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#36 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 20124 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

I swear, it's as if Marvel and DC are having a drunken bet to see who can shed the most fans the fastest. 

#37 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21227 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

I would bet real physical money that in a few years time, there will be a comic mini-series that makes the whole

Spoiler
thing a lie, ala The Crossing and Avengers Forever.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#38 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Run.

• Citizen
  • 21606 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

Spoiler

OK. I've gathered all the relevant pages I could from my digital copies.

Here's a very long explanation of why the assumption that the Nazis Win timeline is the "real Earth" is incorrect.

As usual, context is KEY.

https://imgur.com/a/zPwZA

I really hope people read this because it's hard to explain to people who haven't read the entirety of this so far just through text.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 27 April 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#39 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Split decisions

• Retired Staff
  • 17676 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Spoiler

Here's a very long explanation of why the assumption that the Nazis Win timeline is the "real Earth" is incorrect.

I really hope people read this because it's hard to explain to people who haven't read the entirety of this so far just through text.

Right, I'm just going off Marvel's PR. 

#40 Ironbite

Ironbite

I've got the winning formula

• Supporter
  • 24513 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Spoiler

You're being very oddly defensive over this whole shitty thing there IJ.  Makes me wonder why.

Ironbite-....YOU'RE NICK SPENCER AREN'T YOU!?

xC9l3eY.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users