Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

Photo

So - Marvel?

98 replies to this topic

#21 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, apparently it's been selling terribly.
I checked it out a couple of times. It's hamstrung by the art and the focus on Bucky, mostly; it's a lot better when it's about the actual Thunderbolts.

unknown.png

#22 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:17 AM

I don't read much comics except ones I hear about. I did read Mockingbird and it was amusingly mediocre doctor-who-esque writing until the finale where it turned into offensive character-ruining trash, but by that point it was cancelled anyway.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#23 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1429 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:53 AM

I think for me, I'm at 'amount of comics' fatigue. It seems like everyone and their uncle has a solo comic how, even if they don't actually need one.

Don't get me wrong, some of them have been great: Carnage, Gwenpool. But there's been a lot of guff in there too (Drax).

I'd much rather they pulled back the amount they make each month and focussed on higher quality, fewer big events for the teams. And quite frankly does EVERYhero need a doppleganger at this point?

Deadpool/gwenpool peter/miles Thor/Odinson Sam Wilson/Steve Rogers wolverine/wolverine/old man logan X-men/all new x-men Iron Man/Ironheart ETC. It becomes overkill. I realise they may not want to go the 90's route of 'oh hey the original is gone here's your new replacement for now' and one or two is ok and some have worked really well. But please Stop with over doing it, not everyone needs a 2nd copy!

My 2 cents.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#24 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15547 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Marvel has a lot of good books and a lot of bad ones. Right now they're in a pretty bad spot

- #1 Fatigue. Fresh starts welcoming to new readers has gone past the point of diminishing returns and now with books renumbering because other books are renumbering, ugh.

- Multiple "Avengers" books and I don't know which one is *the* Avengers book. Where's the single go-to All-star experience where I can get the biggest (available) heroes in one book which is providing a sense of direction from one event to the next? Uncanny? Waid's book? What's the flagship title?

-A big string of bad events. from Age of Ultron to Axis to Original Sin to Civil War 2. If they held off, chilled out, let the status quo develop and set in so that any changes to it would seem like a bigger deal, sure. And none of the events have great concepts, just devices which crap stuff up until they're taken off the table.

-They gave The Inhumans an overdue chance to be the new X-Men. I'm not opposed to the idea, the Inhumans can be cool. But it didn't work and Marvel is trying to convince us it did.

Woooo!

#25 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60169 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

I've tried to pick up a few books here and there, but truth is, since they started rebooting and renumbering everything as a regular practice, I just don't know or care what's going on. 

The only thing I keep track of now are the movies and shows with characters I love. 

#26 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

- Multiple "Avengers" books and I don't know which one is *the* Avengers book. Where's the single go-to All-star experience where I can get the biggest (available) heroes in one book which is providing a sense of direction from one event to the next? Uncanny? Waid's book? What's the flagship title?

Haven't the X-Men books been doing that for decades, though? Like, there's never less than 2 or 3 "X-Men" team titles at a time.
(It's adjectiveless Avengers that's the "main" one, incidentally.)

-They gave The Inhumans an overdue chance to be the new X-Men. I'm not opposed to the idea, the Inhumans can be cool. But it didn't work and Marvel is trying to convince us it did.

It's kind of amusing that the only things that are getting people excited about Inhumans... well, ever, are the ones coming out after they've pretty much given up on Making Them The New X-Men.
(Apparently the current Avengers cartoon is explicitly doing a "hated and feared" thing with Inhumans right now and the creators are talking about how it's "a message that resonates with kids", so... ehhhn.)

Edited by Broadside, 03 February 2017 - 05:00 PM.

unknown.png

#27 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9303 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

The new Hawkeye series (Kate Bishop, that is) has zoomed WAY up my list. Squirrel Girl's literally my favourite comic being published right now, but Hawkeye's nipping at its heels off the back of the first two issues.

#28 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Yeah? I dropped it after the first issue; it seemed to be trying to squish Kate into the mould of "Fraction Hawkguy, but a girl", which didn't do much for me.

(Also, the fact that Kate (1) is (as Clint pointed out in Fraction's run) rich and (2) just moved across the country... but still can't afford a sign for her door...?)

unknown.png

#29 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3358 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

The Vision book... I really hate to be that person who's too dumb to get the big new thing, I really wanted to like Vision, but I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'm terrible. 

I'm in the same boat with you about the Vision.  I read the entire series and I felt like I was missing something.

#30 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3358 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Haven't the X-Men books been doing that for decades, though? Like, there's never less than 2 or 3 "X-Men" team titles at a time.
(It's adjectiveless Avengers that's the "main" one, incidentally.)

It's kind of amusing that the only things that are getting people excited about Inhumans... well, ever, are the ones coming out after they've pretty much given up on Making Them The New X-Men.
(Apparently the current Avengers cartoon is explicitly doing a "hated and feared" thing with Inhumans right now and the creators are talking about how it's "a message that resonates with kids", so... ehhhn.)

With the X-Men they always felt like branches of the overall X-Men.  With the Avengers now it feels like you got all these separate teams calling themselves Avengers but they aren't one big group.

#31 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2766 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

Yeah? I dropped it after the first issue; it seemed to be trying to squish Kate into the mould of "Fraction Hawkguy, but a girl", which didn't do much for me.

(Also, the fact that Kate (1) is (as Clint pointed out in Fraction's run) rich and (2) just moved across the country... but still can't afford a sign for her door...?)

Yeah, I feel the only time Kate's interesting is when she's bouncing off Clint or the Young Avengers or even Deadpool.  Otherwise she's just kind of obnoxiously stuck-up.

#32 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9303 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

Kate's dad cut her off a while back. She was bumming around LA without money even during the Fraction run. The thing about the second issue that locked it in for me was the revelation that, rather than just going for Fraction-style "socially conscious urban heroics," there's genuine mind-controlling supervillainy afoot. There's a line these "boutique" superhero books walk that sometimes tips too far away from the "superhero" side of things (the first few issues of Hellcat, for instance), but Kate's is sllllliiiiiiiiiiicing along that line with razor precision, more than Clint's even did. It really has my attention.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 06 February 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#33 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

DorkTower1391-1.jpg

Has something happened with Cap that I don't know about?

#34 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17821 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Apparently:

http://www.polygon.c..._source=twitter

-ZacWilliam, short short: Skull used Cube to retcon things so Cap's always been a secret Hydra Fascist. Hydra takes over the US. Oh and Hydra/The Nazi's winning WW2 and taking over 'might' have been the real universe all along.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 27 April 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#35 M Virion

M Virion

Sure-footed, newly free

• Retired Staff
  • 19305 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Ms Virion, 27 April 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#36 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

I swear, it's as if Marvel and DC are having a drunken bet to see who can shed the most fans the fastest. 

#37 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

I would bet real physical money that in a few years time, there will be a comic mini-series that makes the whole

Spoiler
thing a lie, ala The Crossing and Avengers Forever.

#38 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

Spoiler

OK. I've gathered all the relevant pages I could from my digital copies.

Here's a very long explanation of why the assumption that the Nazis Win timeline is the "real Earth" is incorrect.

As usual, context is KEY.

https://imgur.com/a/zPwZA

I really hope people read this because it's hard to explain to people who haven't read the entirety of this so far just through text.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 27 April 2017 - 05:47 PM.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#39 M Virion

M Virion

Sure-footed, newly free

• Retired Staff
  • 19305 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Spoiler

Here's a very long explanation of why the assumption that the Nazis Win timeline is the "real Earth" is incorrect.

I really hope people read this because it's hard to explain to people who haven't read the entirety of this so far just through text.

Right, I'm just going off Marvel's PR. 

#40 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28952 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Spoiler

You're being very oddly defensive over this whole shitty thing there IJ.  Makes me wonder why.

Ironbite-....YOU'RE NICK SPENCER AREN'T YOU!?

xC9l3eY.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users