Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

I don't know why we're even bothering; there's no way in hell a GOP-controlled congress would listen to common proles like us.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, so did I.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Okay, so I just got a pop up telling me I need to call congress about the FCC killing net neutrality. Anyone else get that?

@  Dracula : (17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM)

I'd probably use a primer coat on either of them.

@  unluckiness : (17 October 2017 - 07:21 AM)

Wonder if Overboard or Crashbash would be easier to paint over. Generally dark colors are harder but then again, screaming fuschia seems like it'd be difficult to cover too.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2017 - 02:46 PM)

Damn, the shoutbox won't accept those characters. I mean "open-mid back unrounded vowel" on Wikipedia.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2017 - 02:46 PM)

Λ

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2017 - 02:45 PM)

@Bass X0 Ha, I think some Asian accents of English, that mispronunciation would be considered standard, as those accents lack [ĘŚ].

@  MEDdMI : (16 October 2017 - 12:08 PM)

She's the last thing you hear before your doom.

@  Noideaforaname : (15 October 2017 - 07:34 PM)

The cat can talk?!

@  MEDdMI : (15 October 2017 - 06:30 PM)

TMM's first cat was Cookie b/c that's the first word he said when he saw her

@  Bass X0 : (15 October 2017 - 05:34 PM)

Reminds me of when my nephew was one year old and my sister got him a puppy. He couldn't say puppy properly and it sounded like poppy, so Poppy is what they called her.

@  Arazyr : (15 October 2017 - 02:36 PM)

Yeah. I thought it had some interesting informational articles too.

@  Bass X0 : (15 October 2017 - 01:59 PM)

does anyone else miss the ToyFare magazine? I just read it for the pictures and jokes rather than using it as a serious guide for buying and selling toys.

@  Arazyr : (15 October 2017 - 09:21 AM)

Uncle Bobby Peach, baby! Uncle Bobby Peach!

@  Arazyr : (15 October 2017 - 09:21 AM)

Last night, playing Mario Kart with my daughter, I misread Baby Peach as "Bobby Peach".

@  Onyxstrike : (15 October 2017 - 09:03 AM)

Yeah, I might've forgotten that the Beast is pretty much just a mindless killing machine. That's pretty much what I get for going off of the TFWiki summaries without having actually read any of it.

@  tffan01 : (15 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

@Onyxstrike Well, to be fair, the quality of the story aside, Beast Within illustrates the fact that Dinobots are feral in nature, with what would happen if they actually lost control. That's a character flaw in a way, correct? 

@  2017 : (15 October 2017 - 08:21 AM)

Send me a PM if you need help getting to the true ending, also.

@  Strafe : (15 October 2017 - 08:15 AM)

Thinking about quirky robots occupies 30% of my brain's daily processing power. I can't remember birthdays and I never know where my phone is, but it's totally worth it.

@  2017 : (15 October 2017 - 08:03 AM)

Yay, I look forward to your dealings with quirky robots!

@  Strafe : (15 October 2017 - 08:01 AM)

Definitely, I started setting aside funds a month ago for the inevitable Black Friday digital sales in the Playstation and Xbox stores. Going to be ready this year, and that's one of the many games on my list!

@  2017 : (15 October 2017 - 07:30 AM)

Hey Strafe will you ever play Nier: Automata?

@  Onyxstrike : (15 October 2017 - 07:19 AM)

Plus, The Beast Within is overall not a very good story.

@  Onyxstrike : (15 October 2017 - 07:19 AM)

The problem is is that Victory's dreams are meant to prey on the Dinobot's character flaws. For instance, Grimlock downing every Decepticon in his path, but falling for Starscream's begging for mercy schtick, preys on his arrogence. What character flaws does The Beast Within prey on? Nothing. The entire premise of the book was to please the many fans who posed the many hypothetical "What if the Dinobots combined?" scenarios way back when, with a gratuitous death count to boot.

@  Bass X0 : (15 October 2017 - 05:51 AM)

What's wrong with wanting it to be a canon dream sequence?

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 October 2017 - 01:14 PM)

go home bass you are drunk

Photo
- - - - -

It's Toy Fair season! - tiny Nautica pic, pg10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
263 replies to this topic

#161 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 12661 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

Maybe the animal cons weren't selling and combiner wars exceeded expectations and retailers said 'More like last year's product please!', as they do. The shift toward standard Decepticons is a shame anyway, while I don't think trainsnakes and tenacle monsters are doable at retail, I would still have liked a toy of Steeljaw that was actually good.

If retailers wanted "more like [CW]" I think they are going to be sorely disappointed by RID combiners. They're clearly going to be a smaller product with different emphases.

My gut feeling is that we're getting the '86 combiners again because that's what we always get because that's the 1984-1986 stuff The Core Fandom wants. Probably it's a little cynical, but hey. At least we're getting Galvatronus and Ultra Bee.

And yes, the G1 G1 G1-ification of RID has me saying "at least we're getting Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Grimlock again".

*heavy sigh*

#162 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 6646 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

The robot mode of big black 3-head dragon sure has the exact same body shape as Megatron does.  

He was The Last Knight all along!!!

Where are you seeing his robot mode?

#163 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 4740 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

The robot mode of big black 3-head dragon sure has the exact same body shape as Megatron does.  

He was The Last Knight all along!!!

Where are you seeing his robot mode?

UqR9HLO.png

You can also see a barely changed TF4 leader Optimus and a leader Megatron.

#164 Rycochet

Rycochet

Mechanical television star!

• Citizen
  • 1455 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

Maybe the animal cons weren't selling and combiner wars exceeded expectations and retailers said 'More like last year's product please!', as they do. The shift toward standard Decepticons is a shame anyway, while I don't think trainsnakes and tenacle monsters are doable at retail, I would still have liked a toy of Steeljaw that was actually good.

If retailers wanted "more like [CW]" I think they are going to be sorely disappointed by RID combiners. They're clearly going to be a smaller product with different emphases.

My gut feeling is that we're getting the '86 combiners again because that's what we always get because that's the 1984-1986 stuff The Core Fandom wants. Probably it's a little cynical, but hey. At least we're getting Galvatronus and Ultra Bee.

And yes, the G1 G1 G1-ification of RID has me saying "at least we're getting Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Grimlock again".

*heavy sigh*

Retailers won't be playing with the toys, just putting them out there. If it looks similar enough and does the same kind of things they won't care, just like they didn't care when repaints of Cybertron toys were added to Universe and the Movie lines.

#165 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 12661 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

It won't look similar enough. These are, like $40 box sets.

#166 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8716 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

So Rescue Bots is getting a YouTube series? 

#167 Rycochet

Rycochet

Mechanical television star!

• Citizen
  • 1455 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

Looks close enough so far. You'll have earth vehicles, you'll have super robots and you'll have COMBINER! COMBINER! COMBINER! slapped across the packaging.

#168 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 8719 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

I'd be more interested in the NuRID combiner concept if the toys based on them didn't look so hugging terrible.

then again I'm a couple of decades past the target audience...

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#169 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3248 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

*heavy sigh*

Wouldn't RID be a cool place to put, like, G1 animal character combiners? Like, reimagine the Predacons as animal-bots with vehicle modes? Have your G1 fanbase and really RIDify it? 

NEEDS: Beast Wars II DRILLNUTS 

Beast Wars II Scissorboy

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Machines Tank Drone

Beast Machines Motorcycle Drone

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

My feedback

#170 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 4740 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

The kind of people that would care about a homage like that are the kind of people that don't like RID because it's for kids anyway and will just talk on Facebook about how they ruined the Predacons.

Their reaction to Starscream, who was literally G1 Starscream without a nose, showed it's a waste of time to try and win them over. Dunno why they're trying now.

#171 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25242 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

Allspark tec? A line with all the packaging text mangled?

#172 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24821 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

*heavy sigh*

At least one of the characters you're at-leasting about is Strongarm, a female character with no identifiable origins in G1.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#173 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1007 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

The kind of people that would care about a homage like that are the kind of people that don't like RID because it's for kids anyway and will just talk on Facebook about how they ruined the Predacons.

Their reaction to Starscream, who was literally G1 Starscream without a nose, showed it's a waste of time to try and win them over. Dunno why they're trying now.

If RID combiners were based on the G1 beast combiner teams and were decent toys individually and combined, I'd have been interested.

#174 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8657 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

Also: do you think Hasbro quietly rages every time Bay makes a movie and the giant high-price-point guy is a Decepticon and not just Bumblebee in a giant suit or something?

Misread as "Bumblebee in a gimp suit."  Which wouldn't be beyond Michael Bay's sense of humor.

#175 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25242 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

"This is it, Bee. Either you learn to talk again or the safety word will not protect you."

#176 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8716 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

Would a Rescue Bots YouTube series be a continuation of the existing cartoon, or a brand new, rebooted-for-a-new-and-younger-audience thing?

#177 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24821 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

Also: do you think Hasbro quietly rages every time Bay makes a movie and the giant high-price-point guy is a Decepticon and not just Bumblebee in a giant suit or something?

Misread as "Bumblebee in a gimp suit."  Which wouldn't be beyond Michael Bay's sense of humor.

ISTR someone on this board declaring that Bumblebee's gas cap mouth was a ball gag, so maybe we're closer than we realize.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#178 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 4740 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

I don't see why Rescue Bots would have to be rebooted, the series was breezy enough that they can just keep doing standalone stories for kids on youtube.

Frankly it might be a very smart idea too! My younger cousins just don't drop those tablets.

#179 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1820 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

Also also: it's He-Hash day in the Grayskull cafeteria.

He-hash was yesterday, it's Princely Potatoes today. Totally different.
There's no reason they couldn't be, but--have you noticed?--they're never on the menu at the same time.

(Wonder why that is...)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#180 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12684 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

"This is it, Bee. Either you learn to talk again or the safety word will not protect you."

I'm guessing it couldn't protect him when he COULDN'T talk, either.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users