Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:53 AM)

As for Megatron vs Skynet... Shockwave decides to partner with Skynet and oust Megatron after first contact is made. We get Terminator/Vehicon hybrids. At first the humans are expedient pawns (why waste loyal Decepticons), then enough humans augmented with Cybertronian tech impress Megs that, after victory, humanity is absorbed into the Decepticon empire. Even if only as second or third class citizens, it still beats being seen as vermin by Skynet.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Like I said, it is a nitpick; it makes sense, I'd just like to see a "regular" Earth setting where the 'cons take a stealthier approach to things - maybe because the Autobots are a better check against them and so they play the heroes. I mean, they could use various means to take being a sort of M.A.S.K. meets Power Rangers style team. ;)

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:45 AM)

@Nevermore Works well enough for me. If I had to nitpick, I think there are actually two different stories being forced together. A "Thunderbolts" style story with the Decepticons doesn't need Skynet... and Megatron liberating the humans from Skynet doesn't need the subterfuge, at least for long.

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:33 AM)

I can dig it

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:21 AM)

So Thunderbolts with giant robots?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:22 PM)

Thundercracker, in particular.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Some of the Decepticons start to really enjoy being the good guys. Well, they enjoy the act, at least. They find fulfillment in their assumed personas.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Except SHockwave eventually betrays his teammates and teams up with Skynet.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Starscream becomes the young, eager Nightscream, and so on.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Megatron becomes the noble Megabolt, taking cues from Beast Wars Silverbolt.

A Thunderbolts-esque masquerade.

In order to do so, the Decepticons pretend to be the good guys and take on different personas.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:18 PM)

So Megatron decides that hey, the Autobots are stillback on Cybertron, so why not team up with the humans, defeat Skynet, then double-cross the humans?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:17 PM)

Unfortunately, the Skynet/humans war is already going on, and Skynet is evolving rapidly.

The Decepticons discover Earth and want to plunder its resources.

It would have a really crazy twist:

I've had this crazy idea for a Transformers/Terminator crossover for years.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:20 PM)

Specifically I'd like to see Skynet's army rise up against him (he did refer to them as an "army of slaves" in Genisys), or even perhaps a peace-minded iteration of Skynet that's existed in a humanoid form long enough to gain some compassion for the human point of view

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:19 PM)

A peaceful resolution would be satisfying for me (it's the only resolution possible in The Matrix series, too), but I think the majority of Terminator fans would walk out think WTF?

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:15 PM)

I liked Clarke as Sarah as well, although I read a lot of complaints online that she looked too young, but I thought she was pretty badass.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 June 2018 - 05:11 PM)

I think across these movies, there's a very compelling story about a progressive temporal arms race driven by mutual fear in which Judgement Day keeps getting pushed back, which only gives both sides more time for technological development, and the only true resolution to it is cooperation. But cooperation will never come about because each side fears being wiped out by the other.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2018 - 05:05 PM)

Genisys basically made Sara Connors' entire motivation in stopping judgement day stem from not wanting to sleep with Jai Courtney. and really, can you blame her?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 June 2018 - 03:52 PM)

I'll give Genisys another thing, Emilia Clarke made a damn good Linda Hamilton. (As for Jai Courtney looking nothing like Michael Biehn, that just supports my theory that it's not always the same "Kyle Reese" sent back which would explain why John Connor looks different in almost every movie.)

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2018 - 02:54 PM)

I'm not, I'm lost in music.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2018 - 12:59 PM)

What, again?

@  2018 : (18 June 2018 - 06:33 AM)

It's a time warp. We're trapped in the past.

@  Pennpenn : (18 June 2018 - 05:44 AM)

A rick roll? Really?

@  Waspinator : (17 June 2018 - 11:03 PM)

On the subject of a Mega Man movie

Photo
- - - - -

New Transformers 5 Trailer / TV Spot to air during Superbowl

131 replies to this topic

#21 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1980 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

So are we calling the planet eating earth Unicron or not?

Naw, its clearly Cybertrons remains. In Dark of the Moon, we saw Cybertron. It had a strange honeycomb lattice around the whole planet. The thing in the movie clearly has the same pattern on its surface. Also Cybertron got, like, imploded in Dark of the Moon when it got warped away, and this sure looks like an imploded planet. Ironically the whole point of Dark of the Moon was to Spacebridge Cybertron into Earth's orbit, and here, it looks like they succeeded by virtue of just taking the scenic route.

Also I really dig the idea of the creator, whoever she is, being female.

Also also, while I'm sure they'll just have Optimus be mind-controlled, part of me is hoping they'll lean into his movieverse characterization and have him willingly temporarily turn heel due to circumstances, in a deal-with-the-devil type thing.

I was kinda getting the feeling that they were implying an Alligned "Unicron is Earth" type thing.

I think there might be a way to split the difference between mind control and a deal with devil type thing. Like Prime makes the deal of his own volition but the Creator lady misleads him as to what she actually wants from him and mind controls him to ensure absolute loyalty.

Re: Unicron, that would be an interesting twist on Transformers mythos.

Re: Evil Optimus, that's a compromise I'd be happy with. I'm just assuming mind control because of how protective Hasbro is over how everyone is characterized, meaning they'd never let him fully turn, but having "a little bit of both" would satisfy me.

#22 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2781 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Is this the full spot or just part of it? I guess for some reason I was expecting a 2 minute trailer, which now that I think about it is totally unreasonable for a Super Bowl spot.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#23 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1459 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

There's going to be a longer version on sunday

#24 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 6782 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Re: Evil Optimus, that's a compromise I'd be happy with. I'm just assuming mind control because of how protective Hasbro is over how everyone is characterized, meaning they'd never let him fully turn, but having "a little bit of both" would satisfy me.

I as well assumed Optimus is being mind-controlled. It sounds in this spot as though the Creators are giving him some power-up in order to cleanse Earth of undesirable elements. Presumably that comes with mind control.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#25 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 694 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

LET GRIMLOCK LIVE

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#26 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5626 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

attachicon.gif-1.png
I'm not sure what's going on here, but it sure is pretty.

hmmmmm

independence-day-resurgence-une-premiere-bande-annonce-1000x500.jpg

#27 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 6782 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

We had 65 million years to prepare. So did they.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#28 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Staff
  • 25070 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

New Summary from Paramount:

"'The Last Knight' shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero," the summary reads. "Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock)."

So...Bayverse Beast Machines?

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

10 Combatants left in March Mayhem. Join the action here!

Spoiler

#29 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2781 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

It's an Evolution Revolution man!
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#30 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46298 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

It's a conversion revelation? = 3

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 February 2017 - 04:42 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#31 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 6782 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

Huh. Didn't notice before now that in that last shot of Optimus versus Bumblebee, Cade is clinging onto Optimus's chest.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#32 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10245 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Can I just say that I'm entirely on board with the villain of the piece being a sexy Quintesson lady?

#33 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 7001 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

Because then you could be knee-deep in click bait articles about how the five shifting faces represent mood swings or something?

#34 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2288 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

This treaser hasn't hyped me up for TF5, it all points to another no brainer film with over the top CGI and no real charater development, I'll likely catch the film on DVD than in cinemas, unless I am bored and there nothing else of interst on in cinemas at that point in time.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#35 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46298 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Because then you could be knee-deep in click bait articles about how the five shifting faces represent mood swings or something?

Naw, make it a "which face are you" Facebook quiz.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 February 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#36 unitremover

unitremover
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 1066 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

The full trailer seems to have leaked.

Not much new that's super interesting, but I did like that it seems to show

Spoiler

#37 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 1727 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Noideaforaname, 05 February 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25017 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Here's a thought. What if we have Optimus all wrong in this? Forget the purple eyes for a moment. What if it's not him but Bumblebee who's gone bananas in the scene, and the only way for Prime to stop him is to put him down much to Prime's chagrin?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#39 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 13341 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

I'm a bit nonplussed at how so many threads seem to just be repeats of things done before -- Grimlock's takedown which seems to echo Ratchet's, Cade and friends on the run redux, Stuff on the Moon, Transformers and Earth. But I'm still just this side of curious about HOW each of these elements will be used, some more than others. If they're being serious about the combo of writers (plural, hopefully meaning plural perspectives and voices and at least one person who knows how to tell a proper story well) and orientation on Transformers lore, these could gel into something worthwhile.

At least there's the new elements, which include Optimus apparently under control and "seeking redemption", the question of whether he's the titular Last Knight (okay, more like how and what that entails), and that Prime/Bee throwdown that could have a decisive, possibly gutsy ending (would they really kill off either guy or sideline them long enough to matter), what purpose Hot Rod serves (hopefully he's at least more Lockdown in substance than Jolt)...

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#40 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26683 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:59 AM

I'm assuming the female voice is a Quintesson controlled Vector Sigma. Optimus lets down his guard when faced with what he thinks a great Cybertronian relic but was really the two faced shift manager.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users