Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Robowang : (21 September 2017 - 10:06 PM)

Ok, I can't find the "Savage on a Ravage" pic that soneone pisted. Can anyone link me to it?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM)

I'm also sure you don't sparkle like a disco ball, otherwise someone woulda run you over by now.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

anyway I don't die in sunlight, I just get tired.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

correct

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 11:46 AM)

I'm pretty sure most vampires would cause a gremlin infestation just for the giggles.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Hmm, a vampire would have a hell of a hard time getting rid of a Gremlin infestation, wouldn't he?

@  OrionPax44 : (21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM)

Well then there's yellowing but isn't that all of them. I like to leave all my TF's in a hot car all day long to let all their joints turn to jelly.

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM)

what about sunlight??

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM)

KAIJU NOT FOR SALE

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM)

don't get any water on your trypticon, and don't feed him after midnight.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM)

I've had mine for two weeks with no problems. Just don't be a hamfist with it.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM)

assuming they survive transport...

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 07:37 AM)

quiet you!

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM)

and the hips should break by Wednesday/.

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

@  Darknova4life : (20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM)

@ Robowang, Where is TR Ramhorn available for $16?

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 07:31 AM)

Besides spotty, this is the first time I've consistently seen reships of older waves months after the next 2/3 waves show up.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM)

No kidding spotty. Haven't seen of the recent waves, and I desperately want a seaspray for my brother.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 07:05 AM)

Distribution is so spotty these days that I've given in and just started ordering everything. I'm probably going to wind up with a $16 Ramhorn, too.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM)

So they've been out at regular retail hit and miss for awhile.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:50 PM)

I picked up Misfire at a Target in Mississippi in mid-August.

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM)

I think so. I checked his post history just now and he mentions buying something in North Carolina

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 05:04 PM)

A U.S. Walmart?

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 04:41 PM)

Saw someone found Misfire's wave at Walmart on Reddit. First normal retail sighting I've heard. I'm more hopeful now.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 04:04 PM)

I'm praying I will be able to find Misfire and Slugslinger at brick and mortar somehow.

@  Xellos : (19 September 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Getting the set of 3, myself. Figure I'll keep Hot Rod in package (still my fave character), and give Kup to my nephew to help expand his current fascination with Transformers.

@  Telly : (19 September 2017 - 11:56 AM)

i got slugslinger for $30 from amazon as well. i can imagine thatll be the standard price at most places since theyll jack up the price to cover having all those kup and hot rods sitting in their stores

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 08:16 AM)

Yes, I bought the $30 one on Amazon. I'd rather just pay the $30 than pay $60 and be stuck with an extra Hot Rod and Kup I can't sell.

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 07:34 AM)

Slugslinger, Misfire, and Triggerhappy look amazing together. Best of Titans Return, as far as I'm concerned.

@  Noideaforaname : (18 September 2017 - 11:32 PM)

gads, why is this site so bad at loading at times?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 September 2017 - 08:29 PM)

Thank you Hasbro for having never reissued the 2011 City Strike Destro figure...already at $32 with a week left.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 September 2017 - 07:47 PM)

Asking someone which year of "university" they're in seems so much more sophisticated than asking which year of "college" they're in.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2017 - 09:04 PM)

Hooray! It only took 8 years, but laika finally learned to NOT play with the striped kitty!

@  Bass X0 : (15 September 2017 - 04:38 PM)

It was "Take Your Laserbeak To Work Day".... well, for me it was anyway. I was getting bored of being on hold when I made calls, so wanted something to relieve the boredom.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Can you hear me now? *CRACK*

@  MEDdMI : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Pshaw, internet! Back in my day, we wrote notes, wrapped them around rocks, and threw them at each other's heads!

@  Benbot : (15 September 2017 - 03:32 PM)

That's why I used Napster at work

Photo
- - - - -

New Transformers 5 Trailer / TV Spot to air during Superbowl

131 replies to this topic

#21 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1691 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

So are we calling the planet eating earth Unicron or not?

Naw, its clearly Cybertrons remains. In Dark of the Moon, we saw Cybertron. It had a strange honeycomb lattice around the whole planet. The thing in the movie clearly has the same pattern on its surface. Also Cybertron got, like, imploded in Dark of the Moon when it got warped away, and this sure looks like an imploded planet. Ironically the whole point of Dark of the Moon was to Spacebridge Cybertron into Earth's orbit, and here, it looks like they succeeded by virtue of just taking the scenic route.

Also I really dig the idea of the creator, whoever she is, being female.

Also also, while I'm sure they'll just have Optimus be mind-controlled, part of me is hoping they'll lean into his movieverse characterization and have him willingly temporarily turn heel due to circumstances, in a deal-with-the-devil type thing.

I was kinda getting the feeling that they were implying an Alligned "Unicron is Earth" type thing.

I think there might be a way to split the difference between mind control and a deal with devil type thing. Like Prime makes the deal of his own volition but the Creator lady misleads him as to what she actually wants from him and mind controls him to ensure absolute loyalty.

Re: Unicron, that would be an interesting twist on Transformers mythos.

Re: Evil Optimus, that's a compromise I'd be happy with. I'm just assuming mind control because of how protective Hasbro is over how everyone is characterized, meaning they'd never let him fully turn, but having "a little bit of both" would satisfy me.

#22 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2575 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Is this the full spot or just part of it? I guess for some reason I was expecting a 2 minute trailer, which now that I think about it is totally unreasonable for a Super Bowl spot.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#23 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1091 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

There's going to be a longer version on sunday

#24 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3947 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Re: Evil Optimus, that's a compromise I'd be happy with. I'm just assuming mind control because of how protective Hasbro is over how everyone is characterized, meaning they'd never let him fully turn, but having "a little bit of both" would satisfy me.

I as well assumed Optimus is being mind-controlled. It sounds in this spot as though the Creators are giving him some power-up in order to cleanse Earth of undesirable elements. Presumably that comes with mind control.

#25 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

WHAT A NERD

• Citizen
  • 590 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

LET GRIMLOCK LIVE

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#26 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5625 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

attachicon.gif-1.png
I'm not sure what's going on here, but it sure is pretty.

hmmmmm

independence-day-resurgence-une-premiere-bande-annonce-1000x500.jpg

#27 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3947 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

We had 65 million years to prepare. So did they.

#28 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Staff
  • 24200 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

New Summary from Paramount:

"'The Last Knight' shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero," the summary reads. "Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock)."

So...Bayverse Beast Machines?

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

Spoiler

#29 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2575 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

It's an Evolution Revolution man!
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#30 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

So cute when she's sleeping.

• Staff
  • 40131 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

It's a conversion revelation? = 3

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 February 2017 - 04:42 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#31 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3947 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

Huh. Didn't notice before now that in that last shot of Optimus versus Bumblebee, Cade is clinging onto Optimus's chest.

#32 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 8080 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Can I just say that I'm entirely on board with the villain of the piece being a sexy Quintesson lady?

card-rewind.jpg

#33 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 6192 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

Because then you could be knee-deep in click bait articles about how the five shifting faces represent mood swings or something?

#34 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 1348 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

This treaser hasn't hyped me up for TF5, it all points to another no brainer film with over the top CGI and no real charater development, I'll likely catch the film on DVD than in cinemas, unless I am bored and there nothing else of interst on in cinemas at that point in time.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#35 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

So cute when she's sleeping.

• Staff
  • 40131 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Because then you could be knee-deep in click bait articles about how the five shifting faces represent mood swings or something?

Naw, make it a "which face are you" Facebook quiz.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 February 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#36 unitremover

unitremover
  • Citizen
  • 613 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

The full trailer seems to have leaked.

Not much new that's super interesting, but I did like that it seems to show

Spoiler

#37 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Noideaforamembertitleeither

• Citizen
  • 984 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Noideaforaname, 05 February 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22642 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Here's a thought. What if we have Optimus all wrong in this? Forget the purple eyes for a moment. What if it's not him but Bumblebee who's gone bananas in the scene, and the only way for Prime to stop him is to put him down much to Prime's chagrin?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#39 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12568 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

I'm a bit nonplussed at how so many threads seem to just be repeats of things done before -- Grimlock's takedown which seems to echo Ratchet's, Cade and friends on the run redux, Stuff on the Moon, Transformers and Earth. But I'm still just this side of curious about HOW each of these elements will be used, some more than others. If they're being serious about the combo of writers (plural, hopefully meaning plural perspectives and voices and at least one person who knows how to tell a proper story well) and orientation on Transformers lore, these could gel into something worthwhile.

At least there's the new elements, which include Optimus apparently under control and "seeking redemption", the question of whether he's the titular Last Knight (okay, more like how and what that entails), and that Prime/Bee throwdown that could have a decisive, possibly gutsy ending (would they really kill off either guy or sideline them long enough to matter), what purpose Hot Rod serves (hopefully he's at least more Lockdown in substance than Jolt)...

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#40 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25005 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:59 AM

I'm assuming the female voice is a Quintesson controlled Vector Sigma. Optimus lets down his guard when faced with what he thinks a great Cybertronian relic but was really the two faced shift manager.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users