Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 09:01 PM)

True, but IIRC Spike had more screen time during Costa's run.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 07:31 PM)

AHM deserves some of the blame for Spike, McCarthy was the one who made him the unlikeable army guy in the first place and had Optimus go 'Oh Spike, you're so manly, earth needs you. We should totally be best friends now!' 'No, it doesn't matter how hard you fought to save Earth or how many of your own kind were killed offpanel, we can never be friends with you so begone! Now, if you don't mind, I have a prisoner of war to drive about in and nurses to boink.'

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 06:05 PM)

AHM was bad, yeah, but I feel Costa was worse. Spike is the absolute worst character in the IDW comics, which really sucks since I like cartoon Spike.

@  Dracula : (27 March 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I haven't read AHM but as I understand it's very "story beats taken from Budiansky bios"

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 05:18 PM)

was referring more to how he was suspected of being a traitor in g1. and dreamwave. and 2001 rid. it was sarcastic, hence the :rolleyes  lol

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 05:10 PM)

Don't expect major events to be forshadowed.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:57 PM)

wow! what a twist! mirage is suspected of being a traitor! :rolleyes

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:49 PM)

yeah im only on issue 4 and its only been like 30 minutes since i started. lots of splash pages and very little dialog

@  unitremover : (27 March 2017 - 04:47 PM)

I read it for the first time about a year ago and my main problem with it was just how little content there seemed to be in the individual issues. I remember thinking that it took probably three issues before I felt like it had really delivered a "proper" issue's worth of story.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:33 PM)

id rather read about the galaxy-wide war than yet another story on earth. thats one of the things i loved about formerly r.i.d. but when they went back before combiner wars i lost interest. i read til all are one because of this.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 04:24 PM)

It's one of those stories that gets slightly better with age because you know that IDW comics recover, but at the time it was a massive step back, a complex universe where the war was being fought across the galaxy swept away offpanel and replaced by n episode of the cartoon with blood..And there's a fan character we were told we were going to love, inserted to lecture the Autobots.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 04:12 PM)

Its not a bad story really, but then I've read actual bad TF event stories by IDW that came later. There is one major turnabout that happens off panel with no explanation that should have been addressed better though.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:08 PM)

im about to start reading all hail megatron. wish me luck...

@  RC85747 : (27 March 2017 - 03:56 PM)

Bow to the evil unicorn

@  RichardT1977 : (27 March 2017 - 03:55 PM)

The G1 film had multiple good songs.

@  Dracula : (27 March 2017 - 03:37 PM)

he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

@  Robowang : (27 March 2017 - 03:36 PM)

he's fat.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 March 2017 - 02:39 PM)

What do y'all think of Shrek?

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

Put down that chainsaw and listen to me! It's time for us to join in the fight!

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

At least the G1 film had one good song.

@  Boomhauer : (27 March 2017 - 01:27 PM)

I think I'd rather take neither, because ROTF being awful doesn't magically make the G1 Film stop being terrible.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 12:56 PM)

I'll take a children's movie where everyone talks like Wreck-Gar over a children's movie that has dog sex, masturbation, drugs, golden showers and enemy scrotum.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Oh-ee-yay! Talespin!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Superman.....

@  Sabrblade : (27 March 2017 - 09:27 AM)

"I... am not... a gun."

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Another great 90's animated film is, of course, The Iron Giant.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:25 PM)

Another thing I liked about The Prince of Egypt was that it explained (without even having to say it outright) why Moses was chosen to deliver the Israelites from Egypt. Someone who had been raised among the slaves would have had too much bitterness and would want to go in throwing the wrath of God on all the Egyptians (or at least the royal family) until they all burned alive. But Moses had been raised as a member of the royal family, so he still thought of them as family. He wanted to reach a peaceful solution if at all possible.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:04 PM)

"I know! I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then put that box inside of another box, and when it arrives - AHAHAHA! I'LL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMAH! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT, I tell you! Genius, I say!"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:03 PM)

Hell, The Emperor's New Groove is easily the funniest animated film ever. Disney managed to do what Dreamworks tried to do, and they did it right.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

None of their "funny" movies are anywhere near as funny as Aladdin or The Emperor's New Groove.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

Its a pity Dreamworks devolved into a company that churned out "funny" films filled with pop culture references.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:00 PM)

(also at the end of that scene, the camera pans up from the Egyptian skyline to the night sky and the most prominent constellation is Orion. Which the Egyptians associated with Osiris)

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

Yeah I give them full credit for treating the Last Plague with all the solemness it deserves.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

It freed the Israelites, but Moses sure hated seeing what it did to his brother and all the normal non-slave owning people who didn't do anything wrong to the Israelites.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

And it actually portrays God murdering children as a tragic thing, something most other adaptations disturbingly don't do.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

So that what He told Moses becomes, "I'll lay the smackdown on Egypt, but I should warn you it's only gonna make Rameses dig in his heels more until I have no choice but to break him fully."

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

It also describes the "hardening of the Pharoah's heart" as his natural reaction to the plagues rather than an intentional mental override by God.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:54 PM)

Hell, it actually portrays the Plagues as something that's bad and treats most of the Egyptian people as not deserving that shit. "All the innocent who suffer from your stubbornness and pride" and all that.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I'm a Christian, but Prince of Egypt is one of the few religious movies I'll willingly watch, because it's actually good instead of being self-rightous preachy nonsense, batshit crazy propaganda or schmaltzy trash. It also has a great soundtrack with music that I actually put up there with some of Disney's best stuff.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:45 PM)

Dreamworks's best movies will always be the Dragons movies and The Prince of Egypt.

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

Usually I'm willing to give animated films a go, but I have to agree this looked pretty terrible and I had no desire to see it

@  Patchouli Kn... : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

So it's the new "Bee Movie?"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:16 PM)

Calling it now: it'll be a meme in ten years.

@  Paladin : (26 March 2017 - 02:07 PM)

every single person who said "yes" to BOSS BABY should be smacked. repeatedly. with adamantium.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 06:02 AM)

Yeah, I don't sync my Twitter since it's irrelevant to a TF forum and sometimes NSFW.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 06:00 AM)

Ah, okay. I... don't know if that's a good idea or not. I post a lot of cats.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:50 AM)

I believe it will auto post anything you put on Twitter/Facebook to the Status section on the main forum page?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:41 AM)

And I totally miss Krispy Kreme. I mean, they're still around here, but nowhere I don't have to go well out of my way for any more. =(

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:40 AM)

"i think you can sync profiles from both to this site." Not clear on what that means.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:04 AM)

:D I'm glad I have people and sheep who are willing to eat doughnuts for me.

Photo
- - - - -

New Transformers 5 Trailer / TV Spot to air during Superbowl

131 replies to this topic

#21 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1512 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

So are we calling the planet eating earth Unicron or not?

Naw, its clearly Cybertrons remains. In Dark of the Moon, we saw Cybertron. It had a strange honeycomb lattice around the whole planet. The thing in the movie clearly has the same pattern on its surface. Also Cybertron got, like, imploded in Dark of the Moon when it got warped away, and this sure looks like an imploded planet. Ironically the whole point of Dark of the Moon was to Spacebridge Cybertron into Earth's orbit, and here, it looks like they succeeded by virtue of just taking the scenic route.

Also I really dig the idea of the creator, whoever she is, being female.

Also also, while I'm sure they'll just have Optimus be mind-controlled, part of me is hoping they'll lean into his movieverse characterization and have him willingly temporarily turn heel due to circumstances, in a deal-with-the-devil type thing.

I was kinda getting the feeling that they were implying an Alligned "Unicron is Earth" type thing.

I think there might be a way to split the difference between mind control and a deal with devil type thing. Like Prime makes the deal of his own volition but the Creator lady misleads him as to what she actually wants from him and mind controls him to ensure absolute loyalty.

Re: Unicron, that would be an interesting twist on Transformers mythos.

Re: Evil Optimus, that's a compromise I'd be happy with. I'm just assuming mind control because of how protective Hasbro is over how everyone is characterized, meaning they'd never let him fully turn, but having "a little bit of both" would satisfy me.

#22 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2361 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Is this the full spot or just part of it? I guess for some reason I was expecting a 2 minute trailer, which now that I think about it is totally unreasonable for a Super Bowl spot.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#23 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

There's going to be a longer version on sunday

#24 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Citizen
  • 2505 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Re: Evil Optimus, that's a compromise I'd be happy with. I'm just assuming mind control because of how protective Hasbro is over how everyone is characterized, meaning they'd never let him fully turn, but having "a little bit of both" would satisfy me.

I as well assumed Optimus is being mind-controlled. It sounds in this spot as though the Creators are giving him some power-up in order to cleanse Earth of undesirable elements. Presumably that comes with mind control.

#25 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

WHAT A NERD

• Citizen
  • 472 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

LET GRIMLOCK LIVE

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#26 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5606 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

attachicon.gif-1.png
I'm not sure what's going on here, but it sure is pretty.

hmmmmm

independence-day-resurgence-une-premiere-bande-annonce-1000x500.jpg

-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-

#27 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Citizen
  • 2505 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

We had 65 million years to prepare. So did they.

#28 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23302 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

New Summary from Paramount:

"'The Last Knight' shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero," the summary reads. "Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock)."

So...Bayverse Beast Machines?

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#29 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2361 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

It's an Evolution Revolution man!
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#30 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33656 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

It's a conversion revelation? = 3

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 February 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#31 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Citizen
  • 2505 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

Huh. Didn't notice before now that in that last shot of Optimus versus Bumblebee, Cade is clinging onto Optimus's chest.

#32 Broadside

Broadside

pchoo! pchoo!

• Citizen
  • 6489 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Can I just say that I'm entirely on board with the villain of the piece being a sexy Quintesson lady?

#33 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 5842 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

Because then you could be knee-deep in click bait articles about how the five shifting faces represent mood swings or something?

#34 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 652 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

This treaser hasn't hyped me up for TF5, it all points to another no brainer film with over the top CGI and no real charater development, I'll likely catch the film on DVD than in cinemas, unless I am bored and there nothing else of interst on in cinemas at that point in time.

Omega4.jpg

#35 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Local Caboo enthusiast

• Supporter
  • 33656 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Because then you could be knee-deep in click bait articles about how the five shifting faces represent mood swings or something?

Naw, make it a "which face are you" Facebook quiz.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 February 2017 - 06:49 PM.

#36 unitremover

unitremover
  • Citizen
  • 264 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

The full trailer seems to have leaked.

Not much new that's super interesting, but I did like that it seems to show

Spoiler

#37 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname
  • Citizen
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Noideaforaname, 05 February 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 20906 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Here's a thought. What if we have Optimus all wrong in this? Forget the purple eyes for a moment. What if it's not him but Bumblebee who's gone bananas in the scene, and the only way for Prime to stop him is to put him down much to Prime's chagrin?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#39 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 11828 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

I'm a bit nonplussed at how so many threads seem to just be repeats of things done before -- Grimlock's takedown which seems to echo Ratchet's, Cade and friends on the run redux, Stuff on the Moon, Transformers and Earth. But I'm still just this side of curious about HOW each of these elements will be used, some more than others. If they're being serious about the combo of writers (plural, hopefully meaning plural perspectives and voices and at least one person who knows how to tell a proper story well) and orientation on Transformers lore, these could gel into something worthwhile.

At least there's the new elements, which include Optimus apparently under control and "seeking redemption", the question of whether he's the titular Last Knight (okay, more like how and what that entails), and that Prime/Bee throwdown that could have a decisive, possibly gutsy ending (would they really kill off either guy or sideline them long enough to matter), what purpose Hot Rod serves (hopefully he's at least more Lockdown in substance than Jolt)...

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#40 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 23361 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:59 AM

I'm assuming the female voice is a Quintesson controlled Vector Sigma. Optimus lets down his guard when faced with what he thinks a great Cybertronian relic but was really the two faced shift manager.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users