Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (20 August 2018 - 01:06 PM)

I don't know who that is

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 August 2018 - 08:40 PM)

I saw him on The Trek BBS some months before he hit the Allspark.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 05:47 PM)

He was considered an annoying pest even back then.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 05:47 PM)

I finally managed to dig up some of Jason Irelan's earliest posts, at the Alvaro Comicboards Transformers forum. Dating back to 2003.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 12:43 PM)

The best thing is that repeatedly buying the same cabinet means an increasing routine in assembling the things.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 August 2018 - 10:39 AM)

Welp, beats me. I got four shelves.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 08:38 AM)

Finally I can showcase my collection in an appropriate manner.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 08:38 AM)

I bought thirteen display cabinets for my new apartment from Ikea.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 August 2018 - 12:42 AM)

*groan*...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 August 2018 - 11:43 PM)

Well don't hang up on us, tel us abaud it!

@  Cybersnark : (18 August 2018 - 04:25 PM)

I'm back with a new modem!

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 03:58 PM)

And I just managed to clean out my bed drawers, so I can move on to the next step when I'm ready.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 03:45 PM)

I doubt I set any records, but now my cat can't jump on my PC and hit the power button or reset button, so... improvement.

@  RichardT1977 : (18 August 2018 - 02:28 PM)

Back in St. Olaf they used to have IKEA building contests...

@  Paladin : (18 August 2018 - 11:44 AM)

enjoy yur affordable Svedish crap.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Ikea is dangerous. I bought a new desk and a bed frame...

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 August 2018 - 11:19 AM)

Var.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Oh, and there's also a few percent extra wage for every overtime hour on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Some people just work an hour extra every day and then request a day off when they have collected enough hours.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Come in on your day off? Work an hour extra on a normal working day? Counts. What you do with your overtime doesn't matter just as long as you worked overtime in the first place.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Anything goes - filing a request for financial compensation for your overtime, getting them compensated by spare time either in full "stay at home" days or "go home early" days (always with permission by your superior), it doesn't matter. What matters is that you worked longer than your contract and your official shift plan require you on any given day.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:16 AM)

Now the important thing here is that overtime is clocked daily, so if you work an hour extra (all overtime prior to the Christmas peak season is voluntary) and then immediately work an hour less on the following day (assuming you got your superior's permission), you may have a net zero on your overtime account but still scored one hour for the premium regardless.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:14 AM)

In other news, I unlocked an achievement at work: There is an agreement between the works council and the employer which states that anyone who works 55 overtime hours this year between January and the end of September gets a premium in October.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:12 AM)

Of course, the idiots keep bringing up the fact that DC used it "first", despite us telling them over and over again that who was "first" is completely irrelevant in trademarks.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:10 AM)

Actually they just settled.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2018 - 05:03 AM)

Sounds like Hasbro should win it easily.. They'be been using it constantly for years, so even if DC did have it, they haven't been using and defending their trademark.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 04:54 AM)

Well, haven't in a long time, that is.

And there haven't been any toys based on DC's Teen Titans Bumblebee character until recently.

Because Hasbro is selling toys.

The trademark dispute was specifically about toys.

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:50 AM)

Thought to be fair I didn't even know Hasbro and DC were having a trademark dispute. I thought that was something that would have been settled years ago (and DC wouldn't be doing much with their Bumblebee at the moment given Marvel's using Wasp at the moment)

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:37 AM)

It sounds like the kind of person isn't going to be deflected by petty concerns like "reason" or "facts".

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 04:18 AM)

I told him repeatedly that the insects are completely irrelevant because THEY ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING TOYS (or ANY business at all, for that matter).

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:08 AM)

Even if he meant that the word "bumblebee" has been used to describe a particular type of insect (which is a much more coherent statement) it's still wrong.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 03:40 AM)

Claiming that Hasbro's trademark has always been for "Autobot Bumblebee" (a quick look at any toy packaging in the past 12 years proves this wrong), Apple the computer company has never held a trademark for "Apple", only for "Apple Computers" (the USPTO database proves this wrong), you cannot trademark common words (the USPTO database proves this wrong), the insects have been using the name "Bumblebee" for thousands of years (insects don't speak English), and ARGHHHH.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 03:38 AM)

Jesus, there's this moron at TFW2005 who has a history of exceptionally outrageous bulls*** claims who is making all sorts of provably false statements in the thread about the Hasbro/DC "Bumblebee" trademark dispute.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 August 2018 - 12:06 AM)

If you stop for gas/directions shortly before getting there and the attendant is unusually creepy and/or inbred, turn back

@  Noideaforaname : (17 August 2018 - 09:49 PM)

Booked a cheap cabin in the stormy mountains filled with alcohol. This is either a great find or the start of a horror film.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 August 2018 - 06:55 PM)

I loved those commercials...

@  Patch : (17 August 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Paladin drank Bud Ice once in the 90s, and the penguins have been after him ever since.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2018 - 01:44 PM)

You weren't using it anyway.

@  Paladin : (17 August 2018 - 12:11 PM)

one by one the penguins steal my sanity...

@  Donocropolis : (17 August 2018 - 06:30 AM)

New band name: The Sabre Worf Hypothesis

@  wonko the sane? : (16 August 2018 - 06:36 AM)

That never goes away. I still have little panic attacks when I see water where it's not supposed to be. I've lived through enough leaking roofs, broken pipes and floods to know it could be a very bad sign.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 August 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Despite my parents explaining that to me when I was a kid, I still half-panic every time I see condensation dripping.

@  Shrug : (15 August 2018 - 08:23 PM)

Yup. If the water happens to be on the left or right of the vehicle, make sure to remember that. That way it's real easy to tell if it's something else dripping.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:15 PM)

So I checked online and it appears... it's totally normal, that's apparently condensed water from the air conditioning.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:14 PM)

Phew!" For a moment I thought I was in real trouble because when I arrived at home and drove my car into the garage, there was a trail of large wet spots.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

The showerhead exploded off the pipe this morning. So yeah... think it's going to be a "great" day.

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Knight toy leaks - Deluxe wave 2 names, pg13

258 replies to this topic

#1 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21978 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

https://www.facebook...?type=3

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#2 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 718 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

The kibble on the back isn't flattering and I'm not quite sure what to make of the non-pistol accessory, but the rest is good!

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#3 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2732 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:08 AM

He looks alright, a lot better than Age of Extinctions car-formers.

Now show some Legion class leaks please.

Photobucket blows chunks

#4 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15355 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:08 AM

I am cautiously optimistic about the pretty okay decoes on him and Voyager Prime. Partly there just seems to be a good use of different plastics to cover for some of the lack of paint, but that's fine, as long as we're not getting solid-color toys.

Plus, he just generally looks pretty good. I'll be interested to see exactly what his blue looks like in decent photos.

#5 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10247 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:27 AM

This thing will sell just because of the pistol. Otherwise it's ok. Doesn't look to be much better or worse than DOTM Barricade other than the updated design.

#6 Scent of Bio Dwarf

Scent of Bio Dwarf

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3690 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

I like the new design! Barricade was always one of the cooler movie designs. And toy designs, though I didn't like his DOTM figure very much. His original figure is still my favorite. 

#7 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3343 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

I think it looks pretty dang good. I suppose a movie-verse Prowl retool is too much to hope for, huh?

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#8 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15421 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

Other than that backpack I like him.

Hopefully it folds in a little bit back there.

#9 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18313 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:12 AM

This thing will sell just because of the pistol. Otherwise it's ok. Doesn't look to be much better or worse than DOTM Barricade other than the updated design.

I just said that to myself, "Huh, that's a neat pistol anyway."

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#10 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 9778 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:16 AM

I like that design a lot!  Very nice.

#11 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5211 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

I actualy genuinely like this. His proportions are nice and agressive, I hope his backpack can fold up a little mother though. I think I can see a slit in it so it seems possible.

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62775 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

I actualy genuinely like this. His proportions are nice and agressive, I hope his backpack can fold up a little mother though. I think I can see a slit in it so it seems possible.

post-905-0-14417200-1485351626.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• p96643_d_v8_aa1.jpg

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41168 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

I'm definitely digging how blocky and vehicular that robot mode looks. The back kibble is kind of unfortunate though. If it only had a hinge or two more to fold up into a backpack like Prime/RiD Ratchet, I'd be fine with it.

#14 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10570 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

The thing I notice most about the backpack is how it would facilitate a non-siren remold. Just swap out that transparent part, and maybe the front grill, and he could be a whole new character.

#15 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 7368 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

I liked the more alien original design, but for a humanoid Barricade the proportions are reasonably distinctive. I like the cop lights on his chest. The backpack works for me; I expect that on Transformers, and it would probably look a lot worse broken up.

Edited by Chip, 25 January 2017 - 08:53 AM.

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16362 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

I do like the thickness to that robot mode.

-ZacWilliam, not big on movie robot toys in general but this seems like one done a way I like. Interested at least.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#17 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2012 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:36 AM

Yep, that's a no-frills standard-issue movie deluxe, alright.

#18 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1521 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Hey wrists! Remember when wave one of titans return made us believe those would become a fixture in generations again?

#19 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 1885 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

I had forgotten how drastic of a redesign Barricade got. Doesn't really feel like the same guy, might as well be some new 'Con. Heck, it almost doesn't even feel like a Movieverse design anymore, or even an off-screen double-duty-as-a-Generations Movieverse design...

I'm vaguely interested in a Legends to pal around with the original Barricade and Crowbar, though, but with a new name.

#20 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3311 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

I like the design of his... I dunno what to call them... like, wrist-knuckleduster-guns?
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users