Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Lazy Garou : (22 July 2018 - 06:39 AM)

Theres possibly a transformer-collecting rick hopping the multiverse that has all the fan vote options available through the years.

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2018 - 10:38 PM)

I have the green one and it's more or less okay. One side has louder clicks but it was like that form the get go

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 05:23 PM)

Well, his gold isn't quite the color I associate with GPS and I see little, if any swirling in it. But hip ratchets in gold plastic that loudly clicked once only to be suddenly silenced. Hrmm. Messing with it now, one leg has no ratcheting and the other ratchets at something like 80 degrees apart.

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

I like that figure. :(

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM)

Please no GPS on HFTD Sea Spray...

@  Darth Gonzo : (21 July 2018 - 03:32 PM)

That moment when you realize GoBots is being talked about more then Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 02:11 PM)

Anyone have experience with HFTD Seaspray? I just bought a used one (for a buck!) and all his hip ratchets broke on first movement. Does he just generally have fragile ratchets or is GPS starting?

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 09:24 PM)

Remember it, for it is the last thing you will hear before I *shuffle* EXPRESS MY FEELINGS IN SONG!!!!!!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Blitzwing, eh?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Huh.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 06:29 PM)

He leaks his crankcase, then we all catch a few new dents.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 02:58 PM)

Quick, somebody put his hand in some warm oil and see what happens.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Guys, SSSHHHHH. Megatron is passed out right over there, and dude is a MEAN drunk. Don't wake him up.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 02:04 PM)

*checks Hasbro's offerings* so, never. :(

@  Jetstream C-18 : (20 July 2018 - 01:26 PM)

They're all hugged when Omega Supreme gets back

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 10:00 AM)

Megatron is hammered! Now, I, Starscream am leader of the Decepticons!

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 09:47 AM)

And megatron is so confused as to why no one is shooting at him anymore that he starts binge drinking.

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 AM)

Grimlock eats them for lunch.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 08:09 AM)

Optimus wants to free the Minicons. Ultra Magnus says it infringes states' rights.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 08:07 AM)

So... the nicest beings in the universe are fighting with each other?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 08:01 AM)

No Decepticons. It's Autobots Civil War.

@  Gryllid : (20 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)

New York Comic Con is in October, maybe there?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:49 AM)

So.. thus far, Hasbro only revealed Autobots for Siege. Any ideas which show they will reveal the Decepticons at?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:44 AM)

So where did the "Stege" logo come from? All I can find is Sipher posting it an making fun of it. Where did that inconvenient version originate?

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 11:53 PM)

True. But it was due to Transformers' use of the name that Saban at the time couldn't use it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 11:38 PM)

But that's not necessarily a reference, just an attempt to use "Technobable" name.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 10:57 PM)

It's not Power Rangers, but Saban's VR Troopers was originally going to be titled "Cybertron".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 09:26 PM)

@paladin Energon would be too obvious. That's why I like Ore-13. It's not overt.. but still a nice nod.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2018 - 08:05 PM)

the original Sentai called it "Enetron." all they have to change is ONE LETTER.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 06:26 PM)

@saberblade True.. But I don't know.. I just want something simple like the "Energy source" in Beast Morphers to be Ore-13 or something like that.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 05:41 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: Operation Overdrive did have a weapon called the "Transtech Armor" ;)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

*sigh* This is going to be a long subline.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

I already hate the overuse of "STEGE".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 04:16 PM)

I just want Power Ranger refferenes in TF and Vice versa now.

@  Onyxstrike : (19 July 2018 - 11:32 AM)

I think Hasbro might be after more than just my money this time around with these reveals.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 02:39 PM)

@TheMightyMollusk Thanks for clarifying.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM)

@Otaku, most people were oblivious. The smart ones did their emergency shopping the day before, so there wasn't much left anyway.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 09:37 AM)

@wonko Only happened a few times and I don't remember the exact details, but yeah.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 08:06 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Is that really the same thing? I mean, it is if the people were casually shopping and oblivious to the danger to them or the employees of the store, but if they were desperately trying to get needed supplies themselves... or am I just supposed to be smart enough to know you wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't the former? >_<

@  wonko the sane? : (18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Okay, what? I've had to explain why the TV wouldn't work when the power is out to children, but never to an adult in their right mind.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:44 AM)

*When I worked at the cable call center, some people wondered why their TV wouldn't work when there was an outage...

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:43 AM)

w

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 03:11 AM)

We had people still trying to shop while we were being pushed by state police to shut the store down due to flooding. The police finally had to help herd them out.

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Or working for an airline and people complaining about not being able to take off in severe weather, and expecting us to know when the bad weather will end. *points at window*

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:34 PM)

Outages/fire alarms are fun when you work retail and people complain that they can't keep shopping.

@  Echowarrior : (17 July 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Outages occasionally happened at the fulfillment center I used to work at. Never fun.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

Apparently the early shift (i.e. those who didn't participate in the walkout) were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for power to return, while the late shift couldn't even enter the building.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM)

Oh, wow. I thought the news about the website outtage would have been the topper, but that pretty much wins.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

Whoopsie.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

First the union called for a two-day strike yesterday, and then today the entire city where the Amazon warehouse I work at is located apparently had a power outage.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS INSIDE

1554 replies to this topic

#1 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 20336 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Ladies and gentleman we have movie sign.

http://www.starwars....p=smc|785924754

C23gmNXUAAEuQhC.jpg

The VII Thread was getting a bit big, so it's time for a new one.  Prepare yourselves!

ty3jHaa.jpg

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16314 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Slightly surprised they didn't save the name for Celebration but I'm happy to hear it.

-ZacWilliam, I'm assuming the trailer (or at least teaser) will be the draw there.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

First thought: I guess the title refers to Luke or Rey

Second thought: What about Finn?

Third thought: What if they start a new force tradition for the good guys?

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 23 January 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#4 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16252 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Finn has no Force skills, he never counted.

#5 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6491 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

First thought: I guess the title refers to Luke or Rey
Second thought: What about Finn?
Third thought: What if they start a new force tradition for the good guys?

Fourth thought: "Jedi" is also plural. Luke, Rey, Finn, and Kylo may, as a group, be "The Last Jedi".

Or it could just be that Luke is the last official Jedi.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#6 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Administrator
  • 22747 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

So this is Episode 8, which comes out this December, right? The movie timeline is already starting to get fuzzy for me, with everyone talking about Rogue One because it made a billion dollars, about Han Solo because casting is underway, about Episode 9 because they have to figure out Leia, about the next anthology movie.... it's hard to keep up.  

From the title, I thought maybe this was the rumored movie with Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan between Episode III and IV...

#7 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62512 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Good title.  I imagine this is a reference to Luke.  Since this movie will likely be mostly about him (and others interactions or actions because of him.

I do wonder if his teachings will lead to a different order, neither Jedi or Sith.

#8 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5166 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

I hope the trailer has Luke floating in space as DO YOU REEAAALIIIZE plays.

#9 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1054 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

I like it.  I'm not sure I like where my imagination is going with it, but I like it.

Was it confirmed that Finn had no connection to the Force? I always assume it'd be like Leia or Luke - not there until specifically trained. 

So I think we can assume that "The Last Jedi" is probably Luke, as he's the only one around at this point who specifically claimed the Jedi title.  I wonder what that means for Rey - will she be something else? Likewise for Ren, who I'm still pretty sure will be redeemed (it's Star Wars: Redemption & Family are what it does).

EDIT: Spoiler space? What spoiler space. *Jedi handwave* There was no spoiler space here. You never saw spoiler space. Nope. Not at all. You may go about your business. Move along.

*Whistles Nonchalantly*

~Marduk (Nailed it)

Edited by Marduk, 23 January 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#10 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14378 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

Slightly surprised they didn't save the name for Celebration but I'm happy to hear it.

-ZacWilliam, I'm assuming the trailer (or at least teaser) will be the draw there.

We're two weeks out from the Super Bowl. I'm betting we get a teaser trailer there and then I'll see a full trailer in person this April at Celebration.

Also, like others have said, you must remember that Jedi is a plurale tantum, meaning that it is a plural noun as well as a singular. "One Jedi, many Jedi." So it could be referencing the students at the school, it could refer to Luke, to Rey, to Luke and Rey, or even to the Jedi in a Holocron that Luke is learning from. It could literally be anyone at anytime who was a Jedi.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 23 January 2017 - 01:43 PM.

Yep.

#11 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7219 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

I like it.  I'm not sure I like where my imagination is going with it, but I like it.

Was it confirmed that Finn had no connection to the Force? I always assume it'd be like Leia or Luke - not there until specifically trained. 

Speculation spoilers?

Spoiler

~Marduk

do we need spoilers for stuff thats purely speculation at this point? cant be a spoiler if someone is just guessing at something

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#12 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18276 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

There's a part of me that wonderes whether the name needed to be changed after Fisher's death - but the fact that Jedi can be plural would discount that anyway.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62512 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

There's a part of me that wonderes whether the name needed to be changed after Fisher's death - but the fact that Jedi can be plural would discount that anyway.

It's been said that the name of the movie was known way back during the first draft of the movie's script.

http://www.digitalsp...-johnson-knows/

#14 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

All this talk about She-ra when I'm here too.

• Supporter
  • 58836 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

guess Rey's going to be a sith then 

#15 Daith

Daith

You must Unlearn what you have Learned

• Supporter
  • 8440 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

guess Rey's going to be a sith then 

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

It could be as Marduk speculated (again why the spoilers for something unconfirmed) and Rey follows her own path forward. We have ideas that other force traditions are in the galaxy. Zeb's people believing in the Ashla and the Bogan, Bendu himself, The Nightsisters, there's nothing stating that Rey has to follow the Jedi path. As far as official canon goes the Jedi are still the stand offish warrior trained monks and nothing in the current canon to my knowledge had Luke skew away from that philosophy. As far as we know Luke had no relationships like his Legends canon version did. If Anything Luke is the last Jedi so that Rey can restore the light without being held by the boundaries of the dogmatic ways of the Jedi and may indeed take his experience as the last Jedi to push her away from what he did.

Edited by Daith, 23 January 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#16 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6001 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

When the last B'omarr prays at the last desert palace

And the last wampa roars with its arm-stump all calloused

On an island in an ocean though he's looking rather wry

Rey will stand off'ring saber to Luke the last Jedi

He's Jedi

He's Jediiiiiiiiii

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#17 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26844 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Wouldn't it be Last of the Jedi if more than one? I mean Yoda's wording in episode 6. Plus we've heard cases like "the Jedi", "a Jedi". Jedi alone doesn't mean multiple.

#18 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

i am come to do Business! Only Business!

• Staff
  • 11217 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

I will be kind of disappointed if Finn doesn't have latent force talent too. I liked the idea that his 'Force Awakening' is what broke the First Orders mental conditioning.

Good title. Not grest, but mysterious and intriguing. Please be good! :)

fslookup.jpg

#19 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18276 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

While anything is possible, I think Finn was always a red herring when it comes to Force sensitivity. I think it's just as powerful that he's a good guy by nature, who cast off the FO's training when he realized it was wrong. Not everyone in Star Wars that does something hard needs to have been helped by hidden Force abilities.

Edited by Dake, 23 January 2017 - 03:49 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#20 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 2343 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

I think the title refers to Luke as the last Jedi Knight/Master, Rey will be his Padwan learner. As for Flin, I think he'll awaken from his coma in this film and evenly join Chew & Rey as the owners of the Falcon but time will tell. I expect Luke has been in deep mediation in regards to the disaster that bought about the destruction of his order and this film will likely see Rey learning the ways of a jedi and maybe play out a bit like Empire Strikes Back, where the First Order with Ren and Stoke come seeking revenge for the destruction of Star Killer Base, you can bet the Rebels would of changed bases after their celeberation of the destruction of Star Killer base because the First order are likely to come seeking revenge, that's pretty much I thoughts at the moment, I will see this film in cinemas on my Birthday, next January, just as I saw Rouge One on my birthday just gone.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users