Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

New JoJo villain, GoGio

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

Is this a Jojo?

@  Nevermore : (25 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

Now I suddenly have a character with the name "Gorgeous Georgios" in mind.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 April 2021 - 04:00 PM)

H A -

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2021 - 01:58 PM)

Saint Georgios Day?

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 04:28 PM)

Please, maple syrup can only improve alot of content.

@  Donocropolis : (21 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

Well, not release it into Canada, no. You'd just get maple syrup all over it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2021 - 03:21 PM)

what bothers me most about Canadian rights is that, oftentimes, the rights holders for certain content don't even seem to have any interest in releasing it

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 10:46 AM)

It'd be mostly the same even in a world with global copyright law, since even the shortest terms are very long.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 10:39 AM)

You got me, I just want to watch cartoons without having to pirate them for once.

Photo

The Democratic Party Thread: Don't Manchin That Name

3720 replies to this topic

#41 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6641 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

The Chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party made a little video showing off the welcome baskets for refugees in their state. Then she explained in each basket is a letter from the party that includes a voter registration form. In the age of Trump and record level scaremongering with baseless claims of voter fraud, why would you hand out voter registration forms to people who can't vote for years?

Since then the state party has said it was just to familiarize them with the process when they are legally able to participate and that those forms are online anyway. :???

And they also get "a sticker to put on their car." Never been a refugee, but is that... is that something you want when you arrive in a new country? Car stickers?

#42 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35310 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

Maybe it's just a GO CORNHUSKERS sticker to help them fit in.

#43 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49546 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

The Nebraska Democratic Party is, I feel, a good place to look when considering where the Democrats have fundamentally gone wrong. They've languished for years without support or backing, and rare is it the state party fields any one who can register with the state consciousness (See Daniel Wik) or in the case of David Domina, someone who registers negatively with the state consciousness (He was the Defense attorney for a former Nazi being deported to face charges in Germany...back when supporting Nazis was bad).

Course, Domina was also the guy who decided to go on Sean Hannity. It wasn't pretty.

#44 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36654 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

So, about that special election in Kansas

Republicans survived a scare in Kansas’s 4th Congressional District on Tuesday night, winning a deeply conservative district that was starting to look like it might slip into Democratic control at the last minute.

Republican Ron Estes, the state’s treasurer, defeated civil rights attorney and Democrat Jim Thompson, according to the Associated Press. As of around 10:45pm, Estes was ahead by about eight points.

The outcome does not radically alter the composition of power in Washington. Right now Republicans control 238 seats to Democrats’ 194; a one-seat switch, obviously, wouldn’t do much to loosen that majority.

Next week, Democrats and Republicans will get a rematch in Georgia’s Sixth Congressional District — where Democrat Jon Ossoff has raised more money and is doing better in polling than almost anyone predicted.

But, for now, today’s win gives Republicans room to breathe a little easier. Democrats crushed by Donald Trump’s presidency dreamed that they’d begin reversing the tide with this election, the first congressional race since Trump’s Inauguration. Instead, they came up short.

Still, it’s worth stepping back and looking at just how surprising it is that Democrats were competitive at all in the Kansas 4th District.

The race opened up after Donald Trump appointed former Rep. Mike Pompeo as the director of the CIA. The district is so deeply red that it’s long flown far below the radar of most of the national media. Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton there by 27 points. Democrats haven’t held the seat since 1994, and Pompeo won it last fall 61 to 30.

It’s the home of Koch Industries, the company owned by conservative superdonors Charles and David Koch. Internal polling from the Thompson campaign shows Trump’s approval rating in the district remains above 50 percent.

Democrats didn’t spend money on the race, signaling that they thought the race was a lost cause and instead concentrating their resources on a special election in Georgia where they have a much better chance to win. (Already, critics have argued national Democrats blew a missed opportunity.) The Huffington Post’s Igor Bobic and Ryan Grim reported on Sunday that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has largely avoided the race, likely a sign that they don’t view it as winnable.

“There are thousands of elections every year … Can we invest in all of them? That would require a major increase in funds,” Democratic National Committee Chair Thomas Perez told the Washington Post. (National Democrats have started a phone campaign Monday to reach 25,000 households, according to the Kansas City Star.)

Republicans had confidently projected victory. “The Democrats think so much of their candidate there that they’ve spent zero dollars,” Corry Bliss, executive director of the Republican-allied Congressional Leadership Fund, told the Post. “We’ll win the Kansas election by double digits.”

We’re still waiting for a final tally, but it looks possible that national Democrats may regret holding their firepower in what may have been a winnable race.

#45 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23233 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

“There are thousands of elections every year … Can we invest in all of them? That would require a major increase in funds,” Democratic National Committee Chair Thomas Perez told the Washington Post. (National Democrats have started a phone campaign Monday to reach 25,000 households, according to the Kansas City Star.)

Yes! They should absolutely invest in all of them. They will get a major increase in funds if they ask for it, and show that they're being spent to fight back. Now is a perfect time for the Democrats to say "send us some money, and we will fight every battle we can to try to take power away from the President 65% of the people don't support and the Congress who tried to push through a health plan 83% of the people don't support." People are energized now, and it's shameful (yet typical) that the DNC didn't capitalize on this as their first chance to fire a shot at the Republican machine.

#46 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49546 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

Shit or get off the pot, Perez.

#47 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35310 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

While I wish we would have taken that seat should a 20% swing against Trump materialize over 100 Republican Congressmen would lose their jobs and we only need to add 24 to the unemployment line.

The midterms are going to be fun.

#48 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29873 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

I think this shocked both sides though.  Not sure why the Dems didn't swing for this one but it seems Georgia's special election is going very well for the the Democrats.  So there's that.  Not sure why they felt Kansas wasn't winnable but Georgia is but there ya go.

Ironbite-Dems need to swing for the fences with every single election.  Its how they got Obama the first time.

xC9l3eY.gif

#49 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49546 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

Because unfortunately, The DNC's consciousness just automatically concedes the middle of the country to the Republicans when, as the Kansas election just demonstrated and what I've been saying for years, if the Democrats actually put in a modicum of effort they'd be surprised at how well they'd do.

#50 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36654 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

50 State Strategy, guys... Kansas is one of them, y'know?

#51 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49546 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

But trying is hard.

#52 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6641 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

At the first stop of a party unity tour with Bernie Sanders and DNC head Tom Perez, the mentions of their names got differing reactions from the crowd.

#53 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 13059 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

But trying is hard.

Again, you seriously underestimate the need to marshal limited resources. Contrary to popular belief, campaigning DOES cost money, and even under Obama (a fantastic fundraiser) those resources are not limitless. One simply MUST prioritize in order to be successful.

One can complain that they haven't set priorities well, but this "go for everything" nonsense helps no one. It's nothing more than shaming for its own sake.

#54 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44696 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

You're not really prioritizing when you say "well, we never win there, so we won't try.".

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#55 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 13059 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

You're not really prioritizing when you say "well, we never win there, so we won't try.".

I'm perfectly happy to accept an argument that says "The Democrats give up on Kansas too quickly." That's a far cry from repeated complaints that they should be shooting for everything, all the time. Rust's "But trying is hard" was simply infantile.

#56 M Virion

M Virion

Absurd Behavior

• Retired Staff
  • 19561 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

I'm a proponent of a 50-state strategy, but that doesn't mean every seat is winnable. Throwing money down a hole isn't a valid strategy in any state. A district that was +30 ( R ) isn't arguably winnable, and you shouldn't be spending already limited resources on trying to win that one. It's stupid.

Especially when I see those same people arguing we should be taking less money from large donors/corporations/organizations. You're demanding that we do more on less.

Edited by Ms Virion, 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM.

#57 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49546 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

But trying is hard.

Again, you seriously underestimate the need to marshal limited resources. Contrary to popular belief, campaigning DOES cost money, and even under Obama (a fantastic fundraiser) those resources are not limitless. One simply MUST prioritize in order to be successful.

One can complain that they haven't set priorities well, but this "go for everything" nonsense helps no one. It's nothing more than shaming for its own sake.

My congressional representative Jeff Fortenberry raised $802 thousand with a cool million and a half on hand in this last election. His opponent, Daniel Wik, raised exactly...zero dollars.

I know, I was shocked too. But turns out, Wik reports NOTHING. See for yourself.

"Trying is hard" may come across as infantile, but consider it from the perspective of the battlefield I'm standing on. It registers us as a Red state because we literally have no other option. It's easy to win when one side doesn't even bother to show up for the contest. And despite the fact Wik raised no funds, had zero visibility and I have to Google his name every time I bring him up because he is that forgettable...he still earned 30% of the vote in my District.

Edited by Rust, 18 April 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#58 M Virion

M Virion

Absurd Behavior

• Retired Staff
  • 19561 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

"Trying is hard" may come across as infantile, but consider it from the perspective of the battlefield I'm standing on.

A +40 ( R ) district with an incumbent that's held the seat since 2004?

What's the appropriate amount to spend and lose on a seat that hasn't been sniffed by a Democrat in 50 years? 

#59 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49546 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

$2.5 million.

It's how much the Democrats were willing to spend on Brad Ashford to keep his seat. Seriously, give my district $2.5 million to play with and might be surprised at the result.

Edited by Rust, 18 April 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#60 M Virion

M Virion

Absurd Behavior

• Retired Staff
  • 19561 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

HAHA.

Okay, have a nice day.

HAHA.

Okay, now that I've had my good belly laugh (And thank you for that, I was having a rough day)

You can't honestly believe that's realistic, and if you are I encourage you to actually look at the historical data for those 2 districts and compare them. Decisions like this aren't arbitrary, and your argument that with 2.5 million something good would happen there borders on delusional.

Edited by Ms Virion, 18 April 2017 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users