Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 03:10 PM)

Make it a link instead of just pasting the URL.

@  Evac : (18 August 2017 - 02:56 PM)

If I could post youtube links without them becoming videos in the box, I'd link to the "parrot singing 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor'" video.

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 02:51 PM)

it was....... SPOILERS..... Detective Conan.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 02:38 PM)

let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the.....FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 August 2017 - 02:34 PM)

Only almost?

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 02:17 PM)

someone dies almost every episode.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 01:59 PM)

Don't be in an anime?

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 01:11 PM)

An episode of an anime I watched was about a woman who killed her husband because he spent most of his money on toys instead of on her. Let this be a lesson to us all.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2017 - 02:24 PM)

You'd be a banker.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 August 2017 - 12:20 PM)

What if you paid your job but they don't love you?

@  BlackMax : (16 August 2017 - 08:01 PM)

...crap, never mind, enough searching and I turned it up. I am convinced this would not have happened without asking.

@  BlackMax : (16 August 2017 - 07:43 PM)

Forgive me for being the last one aboard the bus that came and went after the previous bus... but can anyone direct me to the comic based on UW Megatronia?

@  Bass X0 : (16 August 2017 - 04:36 PM)

I'll refer to Simon Furman's work on Dreamwave.

@  OrionPax44 : (16 August 2017 - 04:28 PM)

How bout if you love your job but they don't pay you?

@  Bass X0 : (16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM)

It doesn't feel like work when you love your job!

@  2017 : (16 August 2017 - 08:24 AM)

Why do you want to remove it? Just in the way or something?

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2017 - 03:42 AM)

I wonder if there's any way to remove Destiny 2 from the Battlenet launcher entirely?

@  OrionPax44 : (15 August 2017 - 01:55 PM)

Cause they wanna slice your head off but irritation is all they can pull off.

@  Benbot : (15 August 2017 - 10:59 AM)

why do electric razors do such a poor job with the neck?

@  RichardT1977 : (13 August 2017 - 08:17 PM)

"We Are Number One" but with the cancer in remission.

@  Evac : (13 August 2017 - 04:49 PM)

Actually, today, we are ALL number one

@  Evac : (13 August 2017 - 04:49 PM)

HE REALLY IS NUMBER ONE

@  Evac : (13 August 2017 - 04:48 PM)

YES

@  Foffy : (13 August 2017 - 03:53 PM)

Thanks, Patchy~

@  Patchouli Kn... : (13 August 2017 - 03:29 PM)

In these dark, depressing times, let us have a spot of good news: http://heavy.com/ent...nsson-not-dead/

@  Diecast : (13 August 2017 - 03:11 PM)

My wife has that ability to bring up a bill or something the second story starts. Couldn't have been during the silent loading screen either.

@  Noideaforaname : (13 August 2017 - 11:59 AM)

God yes. Nothing like spending three hours collecting items, then the instant you get back to the story LET'S ALL SHOUT ABOUT OUR NEW SOCKS! THEY'RE BLUE!!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 August 2017 - 09:12 AM)

I still say ALL games should have a Subtitled option.. Since when I play in the family room it seems people want to talk EVERY SINGLE cut scene.

@  RichardT1977 : (13 August 2017 - 09:08 AM)

You can usually adjust that in the Settings Menu.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2017 - 07:58 AM)

It used to (on the TV I had in my room growing up, for one).

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2017 - 02:42 AM)

When you mute your tv, it should automatically display closed captioning.

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 August 2017 - 07:18 PM)

Hmmm...Right Stuf was asked about the Brave series at Otakon 2017 a little bit ago..."They'll look into it" Dare to hope?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2017 - 06:51 PM)

It's one button, how hard could it be? :D

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 August 2017 - 05:12 PM)

Oh god...iMovie is SO much more complicated than I thought...

@  RichardT1977 : (12 August 2017 - 04:54 PM)

Even TV Tropes admits that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 August 2017 - 04:48 PM)

Because TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2017 - 04:29 PM)

TVTropes is a useful resource. Why is it that people on other sites make fun of using TVTropes terminology?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 August 2017 - 04:21 PM)

The TVTropes page even specifically mentions that it's a wrestling term.

@  JasperGunner... : (12 August 2017 - 04:09 PM)

I thought it was a wrestling term

@  RichardT1977 : (12 August 2017 - 04:09 PM)

"Heel-face-turn"? Did you just use a TVTropes term?

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:52 PM)

So each of them thinks the other one is still evil, resulting in a fight.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:51 PM)

A and B know each other from their times as villains, but neither is aware of the other's heel-face-turn.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:51 PM)

Eventually, a new threat leads both villains A and B into the enemy lair.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:50 PM)

Elswehere, former villain B has also given up his plans for world domination and decided to become a part-time ally of the good guys.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Former villain A has abandoned his evil ways and decided to become an anti-hero of sorts.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Where has this plot been done before:

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 August 2017 - 01:52 PM)

Until you get the taxes for it.

@  Evac : (12 August 2017 - 01:02 PM)

But $69,999 cars are fine

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2017 - 05:39 AM)

Quote of the day: "When you wreck a $70,000 car you don't wanna drive $70,000 cars anymore"

@  Arazyr : (10 August 2017 - 09:31 PM)

Thanks! Glad people seem to like them!

Photo
- - - - -

Beast Wars: Uprising General Discussion

178 replies to this topic

#41 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

Did we ever get confirmation on whether LID's Cybertronian form was a virtual retool of Prime Predaking or not?

#42 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

Since Psychokhan never transformed in Intersectionality, I'm imagining him as a heavily retooled version of the Ax Animorphs toys with the scorpion mold.

Hmm. What other potentially apt redecoes/retools from are there to be had in Beast Wars: Uprising? I recall Titan Return Mindwipe into Onyx Primal à la Legends Convobat being mentioned in a previous thread. Maybe Terragator could be a heavy retool of TR Skullcruncher. And Cybertron Snarl (under the name Fangwolf) from TR Weirdwolf seems like an appropriate reversal of BotCon 2007 Weirdwolf.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 26 January 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#43 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7834 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

Did we ever get confirmation on whether LID's Cybertronian form was a virtual retool of Prime Predaking or not?

I thiiink Jim's said that the Destructon's forms were just their original designs, now with altmodes.

card-rewind.jpg

#44 crockalley

crockalley
  • Citizen
  • 180 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

I recently got the issue of the Club Magazine with Blackarachnia's bio. I've only read about half of the Uprising stories so far and I'm curious about how her story fits into the whole. Where does her rebellion (killing Optimus Primal, etc.) fit in with Lio Convoy's uprising?

#45 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:09 AM

It doesn't. That earlier stage of the dissident movement took place long before the prose stories. Blackarachnia then traveled off-dimension and eventually returned home to meet Lio Convoy in Jim and David's first story, "Broken Windshields".

#46 crockalley

crockalley
  • Citizen
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

Okay, thanks. When BA returns and meets with Lio Convoy, does she still have her Transtech body?

#47 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

I think yes? Her stolen TransTech body had a mechanical spider alt-mode. The description in "Broken Windshields" matches in colors but has her alt-mode as a six-legged wheeled car.

Be_Nf_O0_FCYAAETJ6_jpg_large.jpg

I guess there might be wheels on that spider configuration not visible from this angle?

#48 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22338 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

Basically, Blackarachnia's and Depth Charge's bios take place before all other Uprising media, save for "A Change to the Agenda", "A Brush with Infamy–Prologue", and "Identity Politics". Aside from those three, pretty much every piece of Uprising fiction matches chronological order with publication order.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#49 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:45 AM

"The Predacon Manifesto" as well.

#50 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20557 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

New story idea: Alternative Facts.

Berko from the Cosmic Carnival issue is revived from the Eutychus project and placed under the command of General Robert Hallo, along with Nimue of Camelot and Prince Cab of Karin, to patrol the Allowed Zone of Cybertron. While on board, he questions much of the propaganda put out about the Cybertronians, having never really trusted his race. One day, while patrolling out on his own shuttle craft, he comes across a dying Cybertronian-his old friend, Sky Lynx. Rusted and barely able to speak, Sky Lynx tells him what really happened: humanities sheer arrogance, killing countless innocents not affiliated in the war, and making no distinction between them and hostiles, and then shows him footage of the Targetmaster Extirpation. He then reveals that it was a forced part of the Pax Cybertronia, and one of those who made sure it was implemented-Hallo. Sky Lynx tells him that he managed to save a group of Targetmasters, but the humans overseeing the project blasted him and left him for dead. Berko comforts his old friend, as slowly, and surely, his spark fades.

When returning to the ship, Hallo questions him on what he saw out there. Berko says nothing, and returns to his quarters.

The next morning (or equivlent there of), Hallo is dead, shot through the head. The first human murdered in decades.

Berko is now a Class-A criminal in the Terran Confederacy. This means nothing to him.

He stopped considering Earth home long ago.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#51 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

Yes!

#52 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 65 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

New story idea: Alternative Facts.

Berko from the Cosmic Carnival issue is revived from the Eutychus project and placed under the command of General Robert Hallo, along with Nimue of Camelot and Prince Cab of Karin, to patrol the Allowed Zone of Cybertron. While on board, he questions much of the propaganda put out about the Cybertronians, having never really trusted his race. One day, while patrolling out on his own shuttle craft, he comes across a dying Cybertronian-his old friend, Sky Lynx. Rusted and barely able to speak, Sky Lynx tells him what really happened: humanities sheer arrogance, killing countless innocents not affiliated in the war, and making no distinction between them and hostiles, and then shows him footage of the Targetmaster Extirpation. He then reveals that it was a forced part of the Pax Cybertronia, and one of those who made sure it was implemented-Hallo. Sky Lynx tells him that he managed to save a group of Targetmasters, but the humans overseeing the project blasted him and left him for dead. Berko comforts his old friend, as slowly, and surely, his spark fades.

When returning to the ship, Hallo questions him on what he saw out there. Berko says nothing, and returns to his quarters.

The next morning (or equivlent there of), Hallo is dead, shot through the head. The first human murdered in decades.

Berko is now a Class-A criminal in the Terran Confederacy. This means nothing to him.

He stopped considering Earth home long ago.

Oh my god! XD I love it!

#53 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20557 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

Idea for a BWU Comic: Punctuated Equilibrium: focusing on Stockade post-Vehicon Apocalypse.

First few pages would be from her hud. Fuzzy images of CatSCAN experimenting on her. Vehicons running through. One drone recovering, only for the faulty reformatting causing her to refuse to assimilate some neutrals and annihilating any Vehicons she encounters.

Interlude-images of various factions working together, converging, all towards Grand Mal....

Back at Stockade's jury rigged shack, she turns on the light. A Aero drone, with their weapons and flight systems disabled, sits on a table. Her IFF signal is faint, but still there and identifies her-she's Stockade's conjunx, Rav, who, as she explains in a voice over, was separated from her when they joined the Uprising and assumed dead. Stockade has devised a test to see if she can shake her from the Vehicon programming. She sets down a retro-rat and an insectron, and says in a broken but intelligible drone: "Which retro-rat?" Rav/Aero-Drone simply states "Seek. Locate. Destroy." over and over. Eventually, Stockade leaves the shack, and breaks some equipment outside. Small tears leak from her optic strip.

Interlude two. Galva Convoy dies, and the Vehicons begin to disorganize. Rampage blows up the Grand Mal, ending LID's threat.

A day later, Stockade notes how the constant buzzing of orders she's suppressed are now gone. She goes in, and administers the test again. "Which is the retro-rat?" Expecting her to fail, yet again, she watches. Rav/Aero Drone slowly raises an arm, and points at the retro-rat, as Stockade's optic strip opens wide.

Interlude three. Magna Stampede sits in his recharge bed, looking at a hologram of the younger Maximal he had been assigned to as a partner, and with who he grew closer to, eventually becoming something of a father like figure to her. "I'm sorry, Stockade." Suddenly, the door opens, and Magna is told he has a new assignment....

Stockade has managed to reteach Rav to distinguish one object from another, and now has moved on to trying to speak. She notes how much harder it's been, when suddenly she hears explosions outside. Going to look, she sees a squad of Maximals and Predacons eliminating left over Vehicons. Realizing that there's not much time, she goes and reactivates Rav's flight systems. She tells her to run, although she hopes she will stay behind, like she would in the old days. Rav stares at her for a bit, then flies away. Stockade watches with sadness.

She wonders if she should intervene, stopping the forces from eliminating the remaining Vehicons. After all, if she could get through to Rav, maybe they all could be saved. She then spots a familiar figure standing above a sparking Cycle Drone.....

The moment Magna was told about this mission, he agreed. He didn't care about anything else anymore. He wanted them all dead. No one, not even Builders, deserved this. As he is about to decapitated one of the things, he hears a voice he didn't think he would ever hear again....

"Magna!"

His sword clatters to the ground. Approaching the tank drone with the familiar voice and odd color scheme, he begins to cry, and embraces her. "I knew you were still alive."

The view shifts to a crosshairs, as one soldier assumes that Magna Stampede is being assimilated by a tank drone. The rounds hits them both, and the holes in both their torsos leak innermost energon. "I'm.....sorry....I failed you twice....kid..." Magna Stampede states, as his metal starts to turn grey

Stockades replies "It's not...your fault....old timer." as her optics dim, and she, too, goes offline.

Epilogue: Stampy goes up to his commanding officer, Geckobot. "Ma'am,  I've studied over these Vehicons, and seems like they still have some....odd looking sparks. I'm....not sure I'm entirely comfortable with this."

"Don't worry about it, Stampy. They're like the squids Sharkticons; sparked, but non-sentient. They're not people anymore."

A lone Aero Drone hovers over Stockade and Magna Stampede, as other Vehicons flee. A single strained word cracks out of her vocal processor.

"Stockade......"

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#54 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Huh. I perceived Stockade and Rav to just be friends, not conjunxes.

#55 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20557 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

A lot can happen in 25 years!

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#56 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 3537 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

Hmmm. How about something like the "Alt-Decepticons"?

#57 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1312 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

Hey Jim, question: if you could pick a song for each story as a soundtrack, what would you choose?

#58 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20557 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

I don't know about Jim, but personally, whenever I read BWU, I hear a theme, not a song.

Something of a cross between Steve Jablonsky's work on the TF movies and the Terminator theme, but with the subtleties of the 2016 Westworld track.

• SoS likes this

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#59 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22338 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

I in places here Robert Buckley's score for some of the battle scenes from the BW cartoon.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#60 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 1980 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

Man, for a while I've been debating whether or not I should go full James Roberts and do a soundtrack for each story... eh, screw it, here you go. Some were chosen for the lyrics, some for the ambience, some just because I thought they fit. Make your own conclusions.

Broken Windshields

Manic Street Preachers - All We Make Is Entertainment
Bruce Springsteen - Living in the Future
Leonard Cohen - Anthem
Muse - Uprising

Head Games

The National - Afraid of Everyone
Gazelle Twin - I am Shell, I am Bone

Burning Bridges

Bastille - Things We Lost in the Fire
Moby - Are You Lost in the World Like Me?

Micro-Aggressions

Public Image Ltd. - Disappointed
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
Bad Religion - Infected

Probably will do a part 2 at some point for the next half of the series.
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users