Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (25 March 2019 - 01:29 PM)

Eh... they're okay. But unless you routinely end up with people who also own/use them (like in college, or an office where the boss buggers off for hours at a time.) they usually just end up sitting around gathering dust because without someone to shoot and shoot back: they quickly get old.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 March 2019 - 01:27 PM)

Hmm. I don't think I have ever owned a Nerf gun in my life despite knowing of them for my entire life and liking the TV adverts.

@  Ashley : (24 March 2019 - 11:08 PM)

a stupid discovery while looking at some nerf guns: they make toilet paper blasters. it's basically an automatic spitball launcher, with a little water tank and a reel for you to put the toilet paper on.

@  MEDdMI : (24 March 2019 - 09:10 PM)

Everyone is a little stupid in their own snowflake way

@  ▲ndrusi : (24 March 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Personally I have a much higher tolerance for anecdotes about Stupid Americans when they come from other Americans.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 March 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Australia is British Florida.

@  Patch : (24 March 2019 - 06:11 PM)

What other country has its own Florida?

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 PM)

Many of us are in fact aware that our country is ridiculous.

@  Arazyr : (24 March 2019 - 08:25 AM)

As an American, I have no problem with the amusing anecdotes he's been sharing. In fact, I've been enjoying them, and got no indication of smugness from any of them. Please continue. 8^)

@  The Doctor Who : (24 March 2019 - 06:00 AM)

Minnesota, but I think it's only mentioned in, like, a side comic or something.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2019 - 05:57 AM)

Ever wonder what state Carly was in after 'The Rebirth'.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 02:15 AM)

I don't think it's right to feel indignation at people telling you that Americans might also have feelings and you should consider them before squawking yet more things in the same vein.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Intervening? It's not like much of anything that happens in this box is prompted.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 01:13 AM)

I suppose I would normally feel indignation right about now, but with you I am merely unsurprised that you are intervening in a conversation to express your typical brand of disapproval.

@  Cabooceratops : (24 March 2019 - 01:06 AM)

Nitefort x ]

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:50 AM)

I'm not super fond of Nevermore's habit of using the Shoutbox to complain about TFW users, but those usually seem to be things he's personally witnessed and not anecdotes that he only has confirmation bias to backup, so I can believe he isn't just being smug.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:47 AM)

Amusing? Don't try to pretend you aren't being selective by picking things that support a narrative you're building.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:46 AM)

Shield Agent: this and the previous anecdote didn't sound like you have any reason to believe them beyond confirmation bias, so bringing up these things compulsively achieves nothing beyond making you look smug.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 AM)

Well I guess Fortnite sounds cool? Maybe it made more sense before the gameplay started to focus on the Battle Royale bit?

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

To be fair this is only a few days after your very comprehensive thing about St. Patrick's Day. Oh also I guess that thing about the Estonian currency exchange so that's like three entire "Americans!" squawks this week.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

Not that Nitefort is any more sensible obviously.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I tend to forget that it's called Fortnite because my 3yo calls it "Nitefort" so that's how my whole family refers to it.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I assume the name is derived from the fact that one can build forts? But the nite part is a stretch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

Hence I thought it would be an amusing anecdote to share as I am not a gamer, but other pop culture-invested people here probably would be, and thus perhaps they would have different relevant experience to share.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:16 AM)

In fact before now I did not feel "superior" for knowing the word "fortnight" because I was raised to believe it was a rare but standard term.

@  Copper Bezel : (23 March 2019 - 10:33 PM)

Eh, it's not a common word in the US, so ... like I sincerely hope no one's feeling superior about it but I wouldn't assume.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 March 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Shield Agent: What is up with your compulsion to bring up every anecdote that supports your superiority complex towards Americans?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

What I don't get is: what is a game titled "two weeks" even about?

@  Trpodeca : (23 March 2019 - 09:16 PM)

What strange people

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 March 2019 - 09:11 PM)

Interesting. I have just been informed by several Britons and Australians that since the debut of Fortnite, they have encountered Yanks who do not believe that "fortnight" is a real word.

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

https://discord.gg/jMPfJWk

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 08:05 PM)

What is up sexy people! Everyone having fun tonight?

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 01:01 PM)

If they don't take it down or back off, then unfollow. At least then they'll know why people are distancing themselves.

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Call them out because if nobody challenges them on nonsense, they'll only sink deeper into their rabbithole of stupidity.

@  Benbot : (22 March 2019 - 11:26 AM)

When someone makes a deliberately hateful and dishonest post on Facebook, do you angrily call them out on it, or just ignore or defriend them?

@  Xellos : (22 March 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Dunno, I did watch Combiner Wars...

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:37 AM)

Also, nobody try watching last year's Stargate Origins: Catherine "webisode". My god, I've never seen anything so atrocious

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Having watched the full decade's' worth of episodes during the last 4 or so weeks, the cult leader Goa'uld was Setesh/"Seth"

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM)

I missed a whole bunch of stuff in the Squawkbox. Huh. It's been a long week.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:52 AM)

That or Old Testament God with his whole nuking cities, random plagues, brutal pogroms, absurd set ups to test followers faiths, etc etc as a very not rogue Goa'uld.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:48 AM)

1) Spite. 2) I'm fairly sure at least one episode did actually have a Goa'uld who'd be hiding out on Earth since the rebellion and had been host swapping and running cults, 3) mostly yeah spiteful contrivance to see Christain groups lose their collective shit.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:49 AM)

If you don't take paypal, and the item isn't a local pickup (in which case Cash is acceptable), I'm pretty sure you need to have some alternative credit card processor you're able to take payment through

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM)

Technically eBay doesn't own Paypal anymore, but even so I haven't seen an auction in years that didn't take Paypal as a form of payment.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM)

I was gonna ask "aren't eBay and Paypal basically the same people" but turns out that hasn't been true for a while.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:41 PM)

I think the issue is that we paid with Paypal, but they don't accept Paypal.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:40 PM)

I don't think so.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 March 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Can you pay via paypal?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:25 PM)

I think we can't transfer the money into Euros. So that's unfortunate.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Well we bought it, but the payment doesn't seem to have gone through.

@  Nevermore : (21 March 2019 - 06:56 PM)

What problem?

Photo
- - - - -

Beast Wars: Uprising General Discussion

327 replies to this topic

#241 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 78 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Wait, IKY, did you shell out for premium Photobucket to get us these?

No? I actually just discovered that I had an old account. I didn't pay for it, though...
Aha, gotcha. Curious that your account hosts fine.

In any event, many thanks for the brilliant artwork, my good man.

Happy to provide. And thanks! Glad y'all appreciate it! ^^

#242 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10810 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

I'm not seeing anything...

3nAcIwa.png

#243 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27256 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

I'm not seeing anything...

Bisk.png

Arm_Wrestling.png

Combiner_Wars_FINAL.png

Edited by Sabrblade, 11 November 2017 - 11:07 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#244 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9079 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Were all three of these images considered but ultimately unused during FP's tenure?
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#245 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22591 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

The first two I know Colgin drew them specifically for the TF Nation releases of them.

The Monsterous v Devastator one was considred.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#246 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22591 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

Of note in the Arm wrestling image: Aside from the Kreemzeek drinks, you also have that little graffiti of Sideways from the Cybertron episode when the kids were stuck on the Starscream-controlled Atlantis, and The Seeds of the Future are Buried in the Past" on the wall there in Predacon Cybertronix.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#247 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

Of note in the Arm wrestling image: Aside from the Kreemzeek drinks, you also have that little graffiti of Sideways from the Cybertron episode when the kids were stuck on the Starscream-controlled Atlantis, and The Seeds of the Future are Buried in the Past" on the wall there in Predacon Cybertronix.

Good eye! Correct on all accounts except you might wanna try translating the last part of that graffiti again. ;P

#248 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22591 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Ah.

"In my aft"

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#249 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9079 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

Well damn, Photobucket caught up with IKY's account.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 18 November 2017 - 01:05 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#250 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22591 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

I saved them.

Plus they're on tumblr as well.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#251 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27256 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

And the ones in my post above are still visible.

Edited by Sabrblade, 18 November 2017 - 04:28 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#252 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9079 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

By the way, IKY, I recommend Imgur as an operable free replacement for Photobucket.
遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#253 Shrug

Shrug

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 1054 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

Well damn, Photobucket caught up with IKY's account.

Yeah, I think they let you hotlink something incredibly small like 10 mb. (Just making that number up completely.) I saw his image within minutes of you posting your shock that his photobucket was showing and I got the placeholder image. And your browser most likely let you keep seeing it as long as it was in your cache.

I assume that's why plenty of people are still going around with their signature as a photobucket link, they still see the actual picture.

Edited by Shrug, 18 November 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#254 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

By the way, IKY, I recommend Imgur as an operable free replacement for Photobucket.

I'll definitely keep that in mind for future reference.

But as far as these go...as mentioned above, I've got 'em up on Tumblr:

http://iky92791.tumb...park-so-i-guess

#255 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10810 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

You know, I'm genuinely surprised that BWU never used Snowstalker as a Maximal. I mean, she's an animal from BW with a very Transformery name, and it used MASK vehicles as characters, for goodness' sake.

3nAcIwa.png

#256 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9079 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

You know, I'm genuinely surprised that BWU never used Snowstalker as a Maximal. I mean, she's an animal from BW with a very Transformery name, and it used MASK vehicles as characters, for goodness' sake.

I bet Jim or Bishbot has some idea but there wasn't a fitting place to do Snowstalker proper justice in the time crunched schedule.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#257 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

I've actually wanted to include her somehow. If given the opportunity to do so or suggest it, I definitely would...for whatever that's worth.

#258 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9079 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

I had an idea: Eagle Eye under his Japanese name "Hawking". Given the premise of most Builders being barely mobile whatsoever, Hawking is one such bot, having lost 95% of his limb dexterity but not his mental capacity. In the wake of the Great War, however, he has turned to science, becoming respected among Builder and proto-former alike for his knowledge, including being a semi-philosopher. Even before the Grand Uprising, he did his best to publicly warn people that social inequality would inevitably lead to violent revolt. For that reason, upon the outbreak of war, the Resistance captured Hawking and gave him amnesty in exchange for supplying his intellect.

Now is it ableist to want this story scenario?

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#259 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10810 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

Probably not.

3nAcIwa.png

#260 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9079 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Idle thought prompted by a Discord discussion:

We don't know Arcee's whereabouts in the Uprising continuity. With the existence of a beastformer toy, one logically assumes she is still alive and kicking in a proto-former body in the 24th century. And like in IDW continuity, she would be an old bot among many youngsters in modern society.

*gasp* If Ian Noble is alive again thanks to the Eutychus Project, then he and Arcee would be roughly the same size now.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 05 January 2018 - 09:33 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users