Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (16 November 2018 - 10:07 PM)

My father used to ask his boss that question. Then he STOPPED asking, and got used to twiddling his thumbs. Made things so much easier, and didn't actually change how his bosses thought of him.

@  Nevermore : (16 November 2018 - 07:31 PM)

So of course you wait until the end of your shift like everyone else, THEN you walk up to the manager on duty and ask him what you're supposed to do during the requested overtime.

@  Nevermore : (16 November 2018 - 07:30 PM)

Fun: The employer allows (paid) voluntary overtime, cannot backtrack on the permit, and before the regular end of your shift, you notice you're rapidly running out of work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 November 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Fear is a state of mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 November 2018 - 06:25 PM)

Did you just assume my sociopolitical status?

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2018 - 06:13 PM)

Oh stop being such a pack of drama monarchs!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 November 2018 - 06:11 PM)

Too late. They can smell your fear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2018 - 04:10 PM)

Nobody say anything and you'll be safe from the mob.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 November 2018 - 03:41 PM)

It used to be

@  Arazyr : (16 November 2018 - 02:05 PM)

I would agree.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 November 2018 - 01:15 PM)

I say yes, but I imagine many would disagree with me.

@  Paladin : (16 November 2018 - 12:34 PM)

settle a bet: is "drama queen" a gender-neutral description?

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 November 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Sounds like management is the same everywhere :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2018 - 08:12 PM)

My bosses are too busy trying to see if they can have their heads up their own asses while still being able to kiss the asses of everyone above them. It'd be amusing to watch if I wasn't one of the ones trying to get everything done to cover for it.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:05 PM)

He's living by the standard "bow to those below you; kick at those above you. You got more people below you than above you."

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:04 PM)

Whenever we go on strike, he's there with us. He told me that this is the only completely legal way for him to show his own bosses the finger,

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:03 PM)

Well, this guy has been getting flak from above, it's just that he doesn't care. He's doing what he thinks is right. He's easily the smartest of my superiors, and also the one with the biggest balls.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2018 - 05:24 PM)

Must be nice, having a boss that cares.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 November 2018 - 01:03 PM)

Indeed.

@  Echowarrior : (15 November 2018 - 11:58 AM)

That's a good superior.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:21 AM)

Arguing in my favor that I was working under sub-par conditions, there were problems with sudden halts of the conveyor and other issues that affected my productivity, and besides, why was this guy giving a feedback to one of HIS subordinates, wich was his job?

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Also, yesterday he stood up for me when a superior from the department I was sent to was giving me a productivity feedback.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM)

So this week all of my superiors save one guy are absent, and I'm not noticing a difference. Which says a lot about this guy.

@  Waspinator : (15 November 2018 - 03:28 AM)

That's hateriffic.

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 11:48 PM)

I both love and hate you all :wtf

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 November 2018 - 08:05 PM)

And this is what it tastes like, when doves fry.

@  Paladin : (14 November 2018 - 07:23 PM)

on the other hand pheasant is phairly philling.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 November 2018 - 04:06 PM)

Well the fare is fowl if the fowl is fair.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 November 2018 - 03:10 PM)

1/4 of duck is 1/4 of the turd in turducken

@  Paladin : (14 November 2018 - 12:18 PM)

not really. duck meat is fowl.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2018 - 12:01 PM)

Couldn't we just cook the duck? I mean, it would be tastier...

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:09 AM)

That is much less than a duck, therefore it also floats. BURN THE INTERNET! ((Although it's an old article, I was surprised to find a result))

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:04 AM)

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/how-much-does-the-internet-weigh

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 05:11 PM)

If thou knows how to weigh wireless signals, thou are surely more of a witch than I.

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 01:26 PM)

Does it weigh the same as a duck?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 12:26 PM)

Nay! Tis merely the miracle of WIFI!

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 11:49 AM)

WITCHCRAFT!

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Mwahahaha! I am writing this WIRELESSLY from my desktop!

@  unluckiness : (13 November 2018 - 10:28 AM)

yes.

@  Pennpenn : (13 November 2018 - 07:48 AM)

Is that nightmare fuel for wanking or nightmare fuel that is- actually you know what never mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2018 - 05:07 AM)

This is the Internet. Everything produces wanking nightmare fuel.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 November 2018 - 01:52 AM)

Yet both have produced wanking nightmare fuel. (Rule 34 is a harsh mistress)

@  fourteenwings : (12 November 2018 - 11:41 PM)

I don't know if "magic animals" and "mecha" abide by the same design principals.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 09:20 PM)

PS4 controllers are crap. x.x;

@  Paladin : (12 November 2018 - 08:16 PM)

it took me way too long to realize that didn't actually say "wanking nightmare fuel."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 November 2018 - 08:14 PM)

I'm quite sure that directors don't make the designs because that would be ludicrous amount of work for a single person.

@  Noideaforaname : (12 November 2018 - 05:35 PM)

I guess "walking nightmare fuel" is an improvement...

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2018 - 04:12 PM)

It’s something when the new Pokemon movie is completely accurate to the original source character designs than the Transformers movies. Michael Bay would have created hyper stylised redesigns of Pokemon and many completely new designs if he was doing it.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 November 2018 - 01:54 PM)

RIP Stan Lee.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 04:25 AM)

Ehh.. Except for a couple of people, the video game section isn't that bad.

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Knight toy discussion

1680 replies to this topic

#501 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12331 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

I would assume because it was different teams each time.
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#502 DARYL with periods

DARYL with periods

HOT POTATO

• Supporter
  • 3778 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Man, Dragonstorm looks like a giant chunk of fun.

I'm intrigued by the Allspark Tech toys, but I don't know that I'm buy-any intrigued. It's pretty nice that such a gimmick-driven sideline still transforms, though.

Allspark tech reminds of those UK Energon fast food toys. 

#503 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37672 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

Man, Dragonstorm looks like a giant chunk of fun.

I'm intrigued by the Allspark Tech toys, but I don't know that I'm buy-any intrigued. It's pretty nice that such a gimmick-driven sideline still transforms, though.

Allspark tech reminds of those UK Energon fast food toys. 

And the tiniest Unicron.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#504 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10309 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

I would assume because it was different teams each time.

I'm sure you're right. In retrospect it seems like such an easy legacy character opportunity. I think it may also have something to do with the Cyb character being named "Scourge" and by the time Beast Hunters rolled around any confusion of G1-centric names wasn't ok anymore.

#505 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37672 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

Eh, less "legacy naming" the better.  I'll take the new name.

• LV! likes this
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#506 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16014 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

I think it may also have something to do with the Cyb character being named "Scourge" and by the time Beast Hunters rolled around any confusion of G1-centric names wasn't ok anymore.

They named him Predaking!

#507 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10309 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, I know. :) clearly they were ok with turning a S3 beast combiner from G1 into the similarly colored leader of a faction with the same name as the aforementioned combiner subgroup. I can see why they didn't want him to share a name with the blue bearded space boat, though. Same thing with the various Nemesis Prime incarnations; only a club exclusive got to use the Scourge name.

#508 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15019 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

*shrug* I mean, I'm already looking past that one's an artillery truck of some sort and the other's a friggin' three headed dragon, the exact shape of the red trim on the helmet or the shade of near-black is kinda negligible. :p

Well you're basically looking at Universe Onslaught with Judge Dredd's head run through a "Cybertronian filter", so it's not really a wonder that people don't see a connection to the organic spiky black-and-red dragon dude.

That said, if you see it that's all that matters so more power to ya. :thumbsup  I certainly have my share of "someone besides me gets this, right?" repurposes. :D

#509 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 7573 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

The Scorn at Toy Fair fave me a big Beast Wars vibe, with the spray apps and the generally organic detailing. I get less of that here. Part of that is the solid gray panel that interrupts the spray apps on his chest. Maybe I'll go with the deluxe that actually looks kinda like a spinosaur.

#510 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 12331 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

A variant for Deluxe Bumblebee has been found - https://www.seibertr...27.php#p1882727

I just realized that Hasbro actually took some last-minute extra stock photos for the variant:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ISY9B8G
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."

#511 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 12331 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm nominated for German Top 10 Toys of the Year.

Source

Never-seen-before renders:
Transformers Movie 5 Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm_0.png

Edited by Nevermore, 25 May 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#512 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26172 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

Those renders just scream "I'm a good guy!", don't they? :p

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#513 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 16014 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

That seems somewhat premature.

#514 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 12331 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Previous winners:
Revenge of the Fallen Supreme Devastator (2009)

Previous nominees:
Transformers 2007 Movie Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet (2007)
Kre-O Transformers (2012)
Robots in Disguise Power Surge/Gigawatt Optimus Prime (2016)

I've interpreted these "awards" as "toys we want you to buy for your kids this upcoming Christmas".

#515 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24854 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Enh.

At the last minute they'll throw it to Stick.

Or Empty Refrigerator Cardboard Box.
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#516 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10607 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

There were plans to release a "Predacon Scourge" in Beast Hunters, though.

I'm going to be really disappointed if any eventual Movie and Animated Scourge have anything at all to do with any of the existing Scourges. It'd break such a wonderful pattern.

unknown.png

#517 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10309 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot about him! I wish they had release him instead of Vertebreak, too (cool name, bad deco). So much for my theory?

#518 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 16014 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Vertebreak's deco is awesome, you heathen. Plus we don't even know what Scourge would have looked like!

#519 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 20478 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Went to Wal-Mart today, and found that once again their price scanners were coded with early names & information. The tiny Legends class dudes had their correct names in the system, but for everyone else of the larger price points, their early list names showed up.

Name given by scanner = character ->

Jupiter = Optimus Prime
Supernova = Hound
Gamma Ray = Berzerker
Shooting Star = Slash
Moon = Grimlock
Saturn = Bumblebee
Mars = Barricade

Of note is that the receipt I have lists one-step-changer Hound as simply "movie and tv".

As new product shows up, I'll keep checking to see if they have the placeholder names or real character names. But yeah - go Wal-Mart for helping us confirm who was who and what was supposed to be what yet again.

#520 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 12331 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

Now this is weird.
Back of wave 3 Deluxe Bumblebee's (US/Canadian/Latin American/Australian/Asian box) and Voyager Scorn's (European box) packaging. Of note is that the previously leaked Voyager Nitro is depicted as Scorn's cross-sell, which implies that the two are wave-mates. This is at odds with the "Voyager Bumblebee" listings from both Amazon Spain and TRU UK.
http://news.tfw2005....ss-nitro-336158

Considering all other Bumblebee figures have consistently used the code names "Saturn" for new sculpts (wave 3 Deluxe, Knight Armor Turbo Changer, Masterpiece Movie Series) and "Gas Giant" for redecos of existing figures (wave 1 1-Step Turbo Changer, wave 1 Legion, wave 1 Deluxe), the code name used for Voyager "Bumblebee", "Gamma Beam Grey", doesn't fit the established pattern.

I also realized that the old TRU leak that included the Movie Masterpieces as well as various "Mission to Cybertron" stuff didn't include any Voyagers.

This means there are only three options:

1) Hasbro decided very late in the game to stretch out the Voyager assortment with another wave, put Bumblebee in wave 4 and squeezed Nitro in
2) Both Amazon Spain and TRU UK incorrectly use the name "Bumblebee" for the Voyager listing. It's possible the name was accidentally misapplied from wave 3 Deluxe Bumblebee.
3) Hasbro had initially intended to release a Voyager Bumblebee but then decided to fill the slot with a different character, like they did with Cybertron Voyager Landslide (Mudflap redeco) who was replaced with the "Galaxy Force" Vector Prime redeco.

Edited by Nevermore, 26 May 2017 - 05:12 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users