Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 January 2018 - 01:59 AM)

When that happens in Cocoa Beach there's always someone getting out their surfboard.

@  CORVUS : (19 January 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Damn!

@  Telly : (18 January 2018 - 10:29 PM)

holy hug

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Goddamn look what happened to the Dutch this week.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/954066379610628097

@  Locoman : (18 January 2018 - 03:43 PM)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand brick and mortar.

@  siccoyote : (18 January 2018 - 04:31 AM)

Who sings the first part of the GIJoe The Movie theme song? (Cobra) Sounds so familiar.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Also true.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM)

I hate brick and mortar stores around here.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

But I like the feel of the brick and mortar search a bit more. And I can see inside packages at brick and mortar. True, Amazon has a good return policy, but I like buying once and settling.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:37 PM)

I suppose I could save more if I bought more often from Amazon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 10:36 PM)

Closest I got to "free" was 30% off warpath, which just about lined him up to the canadian price had he ever shown up around me. The pile of loot saved me a pile, but it was still pricy.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Yeah, I purposefully waited on them because I knew they'd be perfect "add onto orders to get free shipping" fodder. Already gotten two that way. Technically "free" and I barely had to wait.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 09:21 PM)

That's how I feel about Prime Masters. Getting back into collecting last year taught me to be patient, which grants rewards most of the time.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM)

I want Starscream so hard after seeing him in person, but since he's the one being left behind by every other collector in my area, I feel like I can wait for a sale.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM)

I mean: I maybe woulda jumped on starscream if I found a sale or something, but it wasn't a priority.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:08 PM)

I only wanted the dinobots (cause... volcanicus.) but got saddled with three I didn't want due to the bundling. I'd still be waiting to order if I had waited on individual figures.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Ahh.. I just ordered the whole case cause I wanted too. :)

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 06:49 PM)

Mostly PotP dinobots. Plus some stuff I couldn't opt out of to get those dinobots. And CW warpath... cause he was on sale.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM)

What ya getting?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Yay! My package from BBTS is in canada! I might even get it this week!

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 02:04 PM)

I need a laptop more than a new desktop

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Buying a pre-built computer you should be okay.. It's just the individual parts that jumped huge in price.

@  Paladin : (17 January 2018 - 01:14 PM)

well all the idiots who invested in "bitcoin" will be selling theirs en masse to make ends meet so you might be able to find something cheap if you watch auctions.

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 12:59 PM)

Is now a good time to buy a computer? Or should I wait?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 12:01 PM)

I pointed out that I'm on disabilty.. I don't have to pretend to be an adult anymore. ;D

@  MEDdMI : (17 January 2018 - 11:25 AM)

Also Bayonetta 3.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:55 AM)

Nintendo also announced Dark Souls for the Switch, so those people should shut up.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Apparently people are freaking out that Nintendo announced something for kids and kids at heart. And people are absolutely freaking out about it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:23 AM)

...what?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:16 AM)

Why is something for kids and "kids at heart" so bad? :(

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 January 2018 - 09:05 PM)

I vote kidnap Reggie.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 January 2018 - 07:20 PM)

Just post it on the net.. Or maybe kidnapp Reggie and make them do a Nintendo Direct about it. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2018 - 06:50 PM)

Rent a space and do a webcast?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 January 2018 - 06:22 PM)

They could just do a panel at RI ComicCon or something.

@  abates : (16 January 2018 - 05:51 PM)

I wonder how they'll do the Hall of Fame this year without a convention to hold the award ceremony at.

@  B-Fox : (16 January 2018 - 01:33 PM)

metalhawk

@  Shrug : (16 January 2018 - 01:21 PM)

I love RotF Mixmaster, if that means anything.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 January 2018 - 12:42 PM)

Ehh.. when they get to complicated.. it gets annoying. PotP Optimus is decent. Rodimus pushes it just a little.

@  Locoman : (16 January 2018 - 12:32 PM)

Part of the appeal of Transformers for me has always been the mechanical puzzle angle, so I really enjoyed the ROTF/TF2010 line when that angle hit its zenith.

@  Locoman : (16 January 2018 - 12:31 PM)

I'm probably one of the few people who really enjoys complicated, fiddly transformations.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 January 2018 - 12:14 PM)

Some were decent, but many suffered from that "collector mentality" where it just LOOKED good in both modes...but the engineering was complex merely for the sake of it.

@  Shrug : (16 January 2018 - 10:30 AM)

Huh. That's dissapointing. I had completely missed the Alternators and had just always assumed they were good based on how they looked in photos.

@  Pennpenn : (16 January 2018 - 03:34 AM)

I liked the Alternator Tracks mold. I think everyone agrees the Grimjack mold was just kinda shit even if you didn't care about it being Grimlock as a car.

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 January 2018 - 09:16 PM)

My local dept. store Shopko always seemed to get a few late run gems, like Blast Attack Optimus Primal and hard to find collection 2 Revenge of the Sith toys.

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 January 2018 - 09:15 PM)

Still wish I had snagged that extra Swerve I saw on clearance at Shopko, though

@  RichardT1977 : (15 January 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Smokescreen was the only Alternator I ever got.

@  Telly : (15 January 2018 - 07:24 PM)

i sold all my alternators last year

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 January 2018 - 05:27 PM)

Hound isn't bad, and, uh........

@  Paladin : (15 January 2018 - 05:23 PM)

there's only like 3 Alternator molds at most that still hold up...

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Knight toy discussion - general retail LEGION Hot Rod listed at Walmart and Amazon, p59

1357 replies to this topic

#1221 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 13501 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

I noticed that myself. The colors look different from the photography, but that kind of stuff is always dicey from photos. In terms of actual color layouts/paint ops, I can't find any differences.

#1222 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5893 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

https://www.seibertr...nt-found/39809/

Voyager Hound deco variant?

I got the version with the crosses from HTS a couple of months ago. Picked up the crossless one this week and was surprised to find that not only were the box photos different, but the tooling of the elbows* and a significant amount of the engineering of the ankles are different, too. Also, the holes where the big guns attach to the turret mount on the original are too tight and crack, while the later ones fit fine. Lots of last-minute mold refinements happened, apparently.

* In fact, the left and right elbows on my cross-having one are different from each other (one having an engineering defect where some reinforced plastic keeps the parts from lining up right in altmode), and the second Hound doesn't match either one.

Edited by SwiftEagle, 22 October 2017 - 03:56 PM.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#1223 Shrug

Shrug

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 517 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Hmm.  I got my Hound from HTS the first night they were available and do not have the Red Cross version.  I wonder how a few got slipped out after the fact.

#1224 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 5443 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

TLK wave 2 deluxes have been sighted in Australia.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1225 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36478 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Infernocus makes the point that Abominus would have been better with a Commander as the torso. I know the one here is bigger than a Commander but point made.

On the other hand, the weathering is like the awful foil stickers. Given Kenner/Hasbro pioneered weathered painting on toys, it's sad to see the ugly attempt here. You can see pixelation!

I think something got messed up on that one, like someone sent a tampograph file that was low resolution or something.  It's very odd.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1226 Dracula

Dracula

IS DEAD NOW

• Staff
  • 4176 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

I guess Takara is reissuing this 2014 Optimus with a jetpack trailer in April:

battle-prime.jpg

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#1227 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Noideaforamembertitleeither

• Citizen
  • 1348 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Piggyback rides!

#1228 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 17720 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

What's the TC stand for? I know the Premier Edition TLK toys had "TLK" in front of the numbers but I have no clue if the other toys had it different.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 24 October 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#1229 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 13501 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Google doesn't seem to know of any TC-01 through TC-08 Transformers. I had assumed it was a Turbo Changer number, but it looks like the entire TLK line used TLK-xx numbers, not just the Premier Editions.

#1230 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36478 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Amazon's gotten in more of the pre-Cogman waves and their prices have just about all dropped down to $18-20 with exception of Bumblebee and Sqweeks, who are sitting at $25-30 depending on when you look.  I grabbed a Steelbane for $13 on Saturday afternoon, which was pleasant.

#1231 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25860 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

TRU Cybertron is currently reduced to £112.48 in the UK. Plus if you use the following code online or in store through tomorrow you'll get a further £10 off and qualify for the £10 gift card.
4N3upYu.png

Also, Tesco are currently doing 3 for 2 on all toys. A new standee has emerged at the same time with some more recent TLK toys. Grabbed Legion Megatron and Dragonstorm, getting Optimus for free.

#1232 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36478 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

Holy bejeezus, Steelbane may be one of the worst movie figures ever.  Nothing holds together worth a damn on this rubbery bastard and the dragon mode looks even more nonsensical in person than in pictures.

#1233 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5893 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Big ol cardboard aisle display packed with TLK Wave 2 Deluxes at Walmart in East Windsor, CT today.
ASM

#1234 Shrug

Shrug

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 517 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Holy bejeezus, Steelbane may be one of the worst movie figures ever.  Nothing holds together worth a damn on this rubbery bastard and the dragon mode looks even more nonsensical in person than in pictures.

I found one on a road trip to the middle of nowhere. I returned it to a different Walmart the next day. I feel like I would have liked him if the tolerances were even halfway close, but I'm not paying double digits for something I'd have to apply floor polish to every single joint or peg.

#1235 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 60655 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

Big ol cardboard aisle display packed with TLK Wave 2 Deluxes at Walmart in East Windsor, CT today.

Cogman is wave 3 right?  What's wave 2?

I've only seen the Voyagers past wave 1 any where (just once for Hound and Nitro Zeus, never a Scorn or whatever might ship with Hound).

#1236 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8447 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:18 AM

I've only seen the Voyagers past wave 1 any where (just once for Hound and Nitro Zeus, never a Scorn or whatever might ship with Hound).

Cogman's wave 4, all by himself.

Wave 2
Autobot Drift
Autobot Sqweeks
Dinobot Slug
Steelbane

Wave 3
Bumblebee (new mold)
Crosshairs
Strafe

Wave 4
Cogman

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#1237 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15852 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:22 AM

Ive seen Hound twice, once in Maine, once here in Ct. Ive seen Nitro and Scorn just one time recently here at te Target in Westfarms. Ive only ever seen Wave 2 Deluxes at Hascon the first day.

-ZacWilliam, I was at that Walmart Monday and sadly they just had the same Wave 1 Movie and early Titanmaster toys theyve had for months and months and months.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1238 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5893 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, up until yesterday's display, the only thing past Wave 1 I'd seen in the wild at all was a single Legion Megatron. Not even Tiny Turbo Changers S2.

ASM

#1239 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 60655 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Wave 2
Autobot Drift
Autobot Sqweeks
Dinobot Slug
Steelbane

Wave 3
Bumblebee (new mold)
Crosshairs
Strafe

Wave 4
Cogman

Thanks Callum.

Ive seen Hound twice, once in Maine, once here in Ct. Ive seen Nitro and Scorn just one time recently here at te Target in Westfarms. Ive only ever seen Wave 2 Deluxes at Hascon the first day.

-ZacWilliam, I was at that Walmart Monday and sadly they just had the same Wave 1 Movie and early Titanmaster toys theyve had for months and months and months.

Yeah, up until yesterday's display, the only thing past Wave 1 I'd seen in the wild at all was a single Legion Megatron. Not even Tiny Turbo Changers S2.

Yeah, I looking at the list above, never saw any of wave 2 or 3 anywhere around here.

#1240 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11793 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Wave 2
Autobot Drift
Autobot Sqweeks
Dinobot Slug
Steelbane

Wave 3
Bumblebee (new mold)
Crosshairs
Strafe

Wave 4
Cogman

Well, depending on how you view "all by himself". He isn't the only figure included in a wave 4 case (i.e. it's not a solid case consisting of eight Cogmans and nothing else), but he's the only new figure in his wave, i.e. all the other figures in a wave 4 case have already been available as part of a previous wave.
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users