Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Just a few more days until my Battletech key goes live on GOG...

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:51 PM)

The first Transformers live action film really IS a lot better than what popular culture has made it out to be.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2018 - 08:27 PM)

I dunno if I'd go that far. I enjoyed the first Bayformers more than the MMPR Movie remake

@  RichardT1977 : (21 April 2018 - 08:22 PM)

For the record, it was better than the (live-action) Transformers movies.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 08:21 PM)

No, I wasn't at the krispy kreme when I beat them. Wait, what?

@  Paladin : (21 April 2018 - 08:13 PM)

go back to Krispy Kreme

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I beat five teenagers with attitude before, I can do it again.

@  Pennpenn : (21 April 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Great, after ten thousand years Wonko is free again. Does this mean more Power Rangers are needed? Again?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 April 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Ah, the layer of ice that froze it shut finally melted?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Oh my god! GUYS! It's actually warm enough I was able to open my window!

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 11:14 PM)

Eh, I guess. He did fairly well on his own as an independent in his first appearance and such.

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 10:04 PM)

@Sabrblade Vulture tends to fare poorly as his own boss. Working for a great version of Doc Ock ain't a bad gig... and I did ask if about "bad" as opposed to "not the best". ;)

@  Plokatron : (20 April 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Egon1982 No my friend Mutator Spiders as in get caught in their web and you are mutated into a even more animalistic creature than you were. Hordika were Half Sentient beings half Wild animal and unlike Spiderman it affected each race slightly differnt with Toa being of a similar mutation to each other. My guess for Spiderman is he would become more spider like but with a inside skeletal structure hmm wonder what Visorak Venom would do to CNA make Dinobot Predacon like monsters or something wild?!

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM)

compared to the "youth-sucking" gimmick from the other series? BIG step up.

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 03:57 PM)

@Otaku: What about that show's take on Vulture? He had potential at first but he eventually just settled into being a lackey rather than his own boss.

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:44 PM)

Did anyone else thought Thunder in Big Trouble in Little China when he was inflating looked like a garbage pail kid before he blew up into salad? I always thought that since seeing the movie in theaters at age 5. 

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Mutator spiders as in man-spider?

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Shocker was a pretty good villain in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Wait, does that count since I can't think of a bad take on any character from that series? ;)

@  Arazyr : (20 April 2018 - 09:26 AM)

Ontario/Detroit area? Yeah. Supposedly, you could feel it from where I live, but I didn't notice. I never feel these things. 8(

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM)

so that WAS an earthquake last night...

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 09:43 PM)

Webhead Vs. Mutater Spiders. Hmmm I can see this ending badly with HordikaMan Hey maybe it'd make Venom catchable with spider sense.

@  Broadside : (19 April 2018 - 09:16 PM)

Can't wait for Spider-Man to fight the Visorak

@  RichardT1977 : (19 April 2018 - 05:32 PM)

Aw, man!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

SNIPER NO SNIPING

@  Bass X0 : (19 April 2018 - 04:33 PM)

SNIPERER!

@  Paladin : (19 April 2018 - 10:34 AM)

hated that game. damn sniper level's insane.

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 08:21 AM)

You know what's funny? Both Spiderman and Bionicle have a title in common. Web of Shadows. :p

@  Liege : (19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM)

Don't mocks the Shocker!

@  unluckiness : (19 April 2018 - 04:46 AM)

But he's the second lamest Spider-Man villain

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 April 2018 - 10:56 PM)

You know.. for all intents and purposes, Shocker should have won in Kamen Rider 71.

@  Plokatron : (18 April 2018 - 06:55 PM)

:wtf :D :wtf Can't wait can't wait just a couple more days and I'm at Comiccon Cape! Gonna be a blast! I hope they have that freaking proper Master Sword Replica this year with the black handel (I love the one from the old comic drawn by the guy who did Cyborg 009)!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 April 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Found on Cranialtome.

@  unluckiness : (18 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Oh, so MP-scaled Bill Cypher with stupidly fiddly hands.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM)

through a third party on facebook.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 April 2018 - 11:30 PM)

Did the Vok know Bill Cipher?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 08:09 PM)

See my thread ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Do you mean physically without actually wiring them up?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Uh... how do you not know?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

I'm wondering if HP stuck in an extra 128SDD + 3TB HDD into the computer I bought for $850

@  Benbot : (16 April 2018 - 11:58 AM)

"OH"

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

"Semper Fi"

@  EShadowP : (16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM)

"Simper-Fi" :thumbsup

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM)

Oh my word it is true. The greatest Gunnery Sargent to live is now gone. Gunny I know I'd of never cut the mustard if you were my CO but as I friend I would of been humbled and honored to know a man who truly knew the corp. May the jackets always be full metal and no watermelon left standing. Forgive the jokes there but you made it clear you hated watermelons with how many you sliced, blasted and plain disintegrated on Tv. :thumbsup  (Why do we not have a Wheeljack salute emot?)  Simper-Fi Carry on Gunny see you up there in the great kingdom one day hope you enjoy the company of my great uncles and everyone who you saw last on that field of honor.

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Wait what!!!!!!! Gunny is dead!!!!

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM)

RIP, R. Lee Ermey :(

@  B-Fox : (15 April 2018 - 02:06 PM)

If yer yellah!

@  Otaku : (15 April 2018 - 07:55 AM)

@fourteenwings If not, it is really, really close. Then again, maybe you shouldn't trust me. I liked the jacket. XD

@  fourteenwings : (15 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Bill Maher?

@  Bass X0 : (15 April 2018 - 03:52 AM)

Should we as a society change our way of life, culture and general thinking to that which people fifty years from now could look back without being judgemental of our ways? Today we look back at people from fifty years ago and openly criticise things that were considered acceptable and normal back then as not fitting in with our modern day standards that we have to censor them, or have the disclaimer that's just how it was back then. So surely things we as a population consider normal and acceptable today may not fit in with the standards of fifty years from now. But how do we know what would be acceptable and normal fifty years from now that we are supposedly doing wrong today? We don't. That's the point when we are applying modern day standards and way of thinking to a time fifty years ago.

@  Plokatron : (14 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Thank you my friend. I hope so too.

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Knight toy discussion - general retail Deluxe Hot Rod available in China, p70

1399 replies to this topic

#1221 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14469 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

I noticed that myself. The colors look different from the photography, but that kind of stuff is always dicey from photos. In terms of actual color layouts/paint ops, I can't find any differences.

#1222 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5945 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

https://www.seibertr...nt-found/39809/

Voyager Hound deco variant?

I got the version with the crosses from HTS a couple of months ago. Picked up the crossless one this week and was surprised to find that not only were the box photos different, but the tooling of the elbows* and a significant amount of the engineering of the ankles are different, too. Also, the holes where the big guns attach to the turret mount on the original are too tight and crack, while the later ones fit fine. Lots of last-minute mold refinements happened, apparently.

* In fact, the left and right elbows on my cross-having one are different from each other (one having an engineering defect where some reinforced plastic keeps the parts from lining up right in altmode), and the second Hound doesn't match either one.

Edited by SwiftEagle, 22 October 2017 - 03:56 PM.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#1223 Shrug

Shrug

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 685 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Hmm.  I got my Hound from HTS the first night they were available and do not have the Red Cross version.  I wonder how a few got slipped out after the fact.

#1224 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Siegfried Khronos

• Staff
  • 6244 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

TLK wave 2 deluxes have been sighted in Australia.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1225 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Infernocus makes the point that Abominus would have been better with a Commander as the torso. I know the one here is bigger than a Commander but point made.

On the other hand, the weathering is like the awful foil stickers. Given Kenner/Hasbro pioneered weathered painting on toys, it's sad to see the ugly attempt here. You can see pixelation!

I think something got messed up on that one, like someone sent a tampograph file that was low resolution or something.  It's very odd.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1226 Dracula

Dracula

IS DEAD NOW

• Retired Staff
  • 4239 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

I guess Takara is reissuing this 2014 Optimus with a jetpack trailer in April:

battle-prime.jpg

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#1227 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 1580 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Piggyback rides!

#1228 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 18909 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

What's the TC stand for? I know the Premier Edition TLK toys had "TLK" in front of the numbers but I have no clue if the other toys had it different.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 24 October 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#1229 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14469 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Google doesn't seem to know of any TC-01 through TC-08 Transformers. I had assumed it was a Turbo Changer number, but it looks like the entire TLK line used TLK-xx numbers, not just the Premier Editions.

#1230 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Amazon's gotten in more of the pre-Cogman waves and their prices have just about all dropped down to $18-20 with exception of Bumblebee and Sqweeks, who are sitting at $25-30 depending on when you look.  I grabbed a Steelbane for $13 on Saturday afternoon, which was pleasant.

#1231 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26328 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

TRU Cybertron is currently reduced to £112.48 in the UK. Plus if you use the following code online or in store through tomorrow you'll get a further £10 off and qualify for the £10 gift card.
4N3upYu.png

Also, Tesco are currently doing 3 for 2 on all toys. A new standee has emerged at the same time with some more recent TLK toys. Grabbed Legion Megatron and Dragonstorm, getting Optimus for free.

#1232 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36929 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

Holy bejeezus, Steelbane may be one of the worst movie figures ever.  Nothing holds together worth a damn on this rubbery bastard and the dragon mode looks even more nonsensical in person than in pictures.

#1233 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5945 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Big ol cardboard aisle display packed with TLK Wave 2 Deluxes at Walmart in East Windsor, CT today.
ASM

#1234 Shrug

Shrug

scoot scoot

• Citizen
  • 685 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Holy bejeezus, Steelbane may be one of the worst movie figures ever.  Nothing holds together worth a damn on this rubbery bastard and the dragon mode looks even more nonsensical in person than in pictures.

I found one on a road trip to the middle of nowhere. I returned it to a different Walmart the next day. I feel like I would have liked him if the tolerances were even halfway close, but I'm not paying double digits for something I'd have to apply floor polish to every single joint or peg.

#1235 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 61611 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

Big ol cardboard aisle display packed with TLK Wave 2 Deluxes at Walmart in East Windsor, CT today.

Cogman is wave 3 right?  What's wave 2?

I've only seen the Voyagers past wave 1 any where (just once for Hound and Nitro Zeus, never a Scorn or whatever might ship with Hound).

#1236 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8756 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:18 AM

I've only seen the Voyagers past wave 1 any where (just once for Hound and Nitro Zeus, never a Scorn or whatever might ship with Hound).

Cogman's wave 4, all by himself.

Wave 2
Autobot Drift
Autobot Sqweeks
Dinobot Slug
Steelbane

Wave 3
Bumblebee (new mold)
Crosshairs
Strafe

Wave 4
Cogman

#1237 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16173 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:22 AM

Ive seen Hound twice, once in Maine, once here in Ct. Ive seen Nitro and Scorn just one time recently here at te Target in Westfarms. Ive only ever seen Wave 2 Deluxes at Hascon the first day.

-ZacWilliam, I was at that Walmart Monday and sadly they just had the same Wave 1 Movie and early Titanmaster toys theyve had for months and months and months.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1238 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5945 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, up until yesterday's display, the only thing past Wave 1 I'd seen in the wild at all was a single Legion Megatron. Not even Tiny Turbo Changers S2.

ASM

#1239 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 61611 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Wave 2
Autobot Drift
Autobot Sqweeks
Dinobot Slug
Steelbane

Wave 3
Bumblebee (new mold)
Crosshairs
Strafe

Wave 4
Cogman

Thanks Callum.

Ive seen Hound twice, once in Maine, once here in Ct. Ive seen Nitro and Scorn just one time recently here at te Target in Westfarms. Ive only ever seen Wave 2 Deluxes at Hascon the first day.

-ZacWilliam, I was at that Walmart Monday and sadly they just had the same Wave 1 Movie and early Titanmaster toys theyve had for months and months and months.

Yeah, up until yesterday's display, the only thing past Wave 1 I'd seen in the wild at all was a single Legion Megatron. Not even Tiny Turbo Changers S2.

Yeah, I looking at the list above, never saw any of wave 2 or 3 anywhere around here.

#1240 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11926 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Wave 2
Autobot Drift
Autobot Sqweeks
Dinobot Slug
Steelbane

Wave 3
Bumblebee (new mold)
Crosshairs
Strafe

Wave 4
Cogman

Well, depending on how you view "all by himself". He isn't the only figure included in a wave 4 case (i.e. it's not a solid case consisting of eight Cogmans and nothing else), but he's the only new figure in his wave, i.e. all the other figures in a wave 4 case have already been available as part of a previous wave.
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users