Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 December 2017 - 02:18 AM)

TBH, the use of the word "boudoir" seemed a bit more out of place to me than the humour... has a non-English Terran language ever been established as existing in Star Wars before?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 December 2017 - 01:28 AM)

It's not like it's a big deal anyway. I mean, anything with Aurebesh in it is demonstrably non-canon, because there's no X in Aurebesh so X-Wings wouldn't be called X-Wings, right?

@  unitremover : (16 December 2017 - 11:48 PM)

That said, I do think it is really weird that

Spoiler

@  unitremover : (16 December 2017 - 11:47 PM)

Yeah, TLJ felt a lot more mindful about when it broke out the quips/jokes than I think the Marvel movie comparison implies

@  2017 : (16 December 2017 - 09:35 PM)

I'm fine with the humour because the rest of the universe feels legit, and it's not ten quips a minute like those bloody Marvel movies.

@  Waspinator : (16 December 2017 - 09:22 PM)

It's mostly

Spoiler

@  Waspinator : (16 December 2017 - 09:21 PM)

Do spoiler tags work here?

Spoiler

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 08:13 PM)

Less than 3 hours to go, now

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 08:11 PM)

Also, it can't be worse than those awful "sarcastic" jokes in the beginning of AotC that were meant to establish a camaraderie between Anakin and Obi-Wan where it was clear that none existed.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 08:09 PM)

Doesn't sound like something I'll be bothered by; movies have to change at least a little bit with the times

@  Waspinator : (16 December 2017 - 07:59 PM)

Yeah, there was some sarcastic humor that wasn't really present in the classic movies

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 December 2017 - 02:00 PM)

I didn't have a problem with it. But it DOES skew a bit more "modern" in ways the humor of prior films didn't, short maybe Rogue One

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 01:20 PM)

I'm staying spoiler-free until I see it tonight, but a number of people seem really angry at the humour in the film

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 01:19 PM)

I've already noticed some backlash against it over on blu-ray.com, but a lot of it seems to stem from anger about the Disney/Fox deal

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 December 2017 - 11:23 AM)

Because internet.

@  Bass X0 : (16 December 2017 - 11:20 AM)

Why are people getting so upset with other people's opinions of a family space movie?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 December 2017 - 10:43 AM)

I have lost my entire morning to a god damn nose bleed...

@  RichardT1977 : (16 December 2017 - 10:21 AM)

Turn around, bright eyes...

@  Pennpenn : (16 December 2017 - 01:18 AM)

Bismillah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 December 2017 - 12:30 AM)

DOOT DOO DEDOODOO

@  MEDdMI : (16 December 2017 - 12:16 AM)

MAHNA MAHNA

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 December 2017 - 12:12 AM)

Though we touched and went our separate ways...

@  Echowarrior : (15 December 2017 - 09:56 PM)

We're running with the shadows of the night...

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 December 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree?

@  Bass X0 : (15 December 2017 - 02:50 PM)

We're not gonna sit in silence, we're not gonna live with fear

@  lastmaximal : (15 December 2017 - 10:54 AM)

WHOA WHOAA WHOAAAAAAA-OH

@  unluckiness : (15 December 2017 - 10:20 AM)

Not that song, that's for sure

@  Pennpenn : (15 December 2017 - 08:29 AM)

What's new pussycat?

@  Bass X0 : (14 December 2017 - 06:51 PM)

Neither is it unusual to be loved by anyone.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 December 2017 - 11:30 PM)

I mean it's not unusual for Starz content to be on Netflix...it just gets a bit more of a notice ahead of time :p

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 10:32 PM)

@Steevy It popped up out of nowhere. No one knew it was coming until it was just suddenly there. It was kind of surprising for everyone.

@  Paladin : (13 December 2017 - 09:52 PM)

i don't remember that League. was Charizard there?

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 December 2017 - 09:29 PM)

WHY WAS I NOT NOTIFIED ASH VS EVIL DEAD WAS ON NETFLIX?!

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 07:37 PM)

Yeah,Mrs Shrug actually had to return something already. She managed to buy me the thing I bought the day before the embargo went in effect and noticed in on my shelf a week later.

@  MidnightFox : (13 December 2017 - 05:40 PM)

She makes me buy my own present and then wraps it because she doesn't want to attempt to figure out what I own already. :D

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 05:31 PM)

But she did grant an exception for half off and free shipping on that RID Bee and Grimlock set

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 05:31 PM)

My marriage only has a no-toys rule during December, so I dont run the risk of doubling a Christmas present

@  MidnightFox : (13 December 2017 - 05:28 PM)

Been together since '03 and married 10 of that. ;)

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 December 2017 - 05:12 PM)

hang on to that one, then. I've found it rare to meet someone that doesn't hassle you about spending money after a certain point in the relationship

@  MidnightFox : (13 December 2017 - 05:02 PM)

I'm married and Bass is still dead on

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 December 2017 - 04:53 PM)

As long as you aren't married, anyway

@  Bass X0 : (13 December 2017 - 04:47 PM)

being an adult means you can buy all the toys, games and gadgets you want when you want without having to wait until christmas for them

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 December 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Save it for your momma.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 December 2017 - 08:44 AM)

We could depict the ensuing chaos in an Obama llama drama diorama.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (13 December 2017 - 06:22 AM)

That's just asking for Obama llama drama.

@  Echowarrior : (12 December 2017 - 10:44 PM)

For pun value, the ideal plush animal for Obama would be a llama. It rhymes.

@  Shrug : (12 December 2017 - 03:31 PM)

My game clan and all our servers just shut down. No warning to any of us outside upper admin. :(

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2017 - 01:55 PM)

But a stuffed monkey in a little suit would be adorablooohhh I get it now.

@  Paladin : (12 December 2017 - 11:21 AM)

knowing the people behind it, the Obama stuffed animal would probably be a monkey.

@  Pennpenn : (12 December 2017 - 06:43 AM)

The only thing that would make that even dumber would be if there had been some "Obama bear" made at some point and Trump had made a tweet scorning it.

Photo
- - - - -

The God Damn GoBots Wiki is live! (pg 10)

1236 replies to this topic

#41 Broadside

Broadside

THE DOG?!?!

• Citizen
  • 8848 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hmm. If we do decide to incorporate Machine Robo into this, maybe it'd be an idea to use TFWiki-style suites to link between the GoBots and their Machine Robo counterparts.

card-rewind.jpg

#42 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24951 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

Their Machine Robo counterparts, not to be confused with their Robo Machine counterparts.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#43 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 6784 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

I'd be for suites. If you're looking for what your Hans Cuff toy got up to, you'll want to easily see what he did as Hans Cuff, as whoever he was on Cronos, as one of Ex-El's troops in the Robo Machines comic that ran in Eagle, etc. It should all be linked.

Machine Robo continued after Go-Bots, in a way that Diaclone didn't really continue after Transformers. They've fed back and forth, and you've got stuff like Robo Machines that uses the Gobot faction lines but the MR names. That's my argument for including Machine Robo, for whatever it's worth.

I'm not convinced we want real detail on the Fun Pub era stuff beyond a link, largely because the duplication seems wasteful. Also, I'm wary of the Transformers content overpowering the Gobot originated stuff, particularly since this is going to be run by TF fans.

#44 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 11951 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

I'm not convinced we want real detail on the Fun Pub era stuff beyond a link, largely because the duplication seems wasteful. Also, I'm wary of the Transformers content overpowering the Gobot originated stuff, particularly since this is going to be run by TF fans.

Well, there's the issue of the "Season 2" stuff from FP that's not on the wiki, on top of all the various didn't-happen-in-a-TF-universe stuff mentioned on Facebook. That needs to be considered.

Again, the idea is a GB wiki can't be approached the same as a TF wiki, and here's one of the smaller but significant differences. We don't NEED to try and sum up Cy-Kill with a characterization writeup that has to take into account a ton of different takes, as we have to with so many G1 guys. You really only got the one. A clean delineation is much easier to make because there is so little to split. You can very easily make the two-decades-later "Fun Publications" or "Transformers" or whatever stuff a fully-separate h3-level header or whatever and put the relevant additions there.

M "A Lot Of The Strength Is In The Setup" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 04 January 2017 - 08:24 PM.

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#45 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

We definitely want to cover Renegade Rhetoric the same way we covered ANN and AVP.

#46 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1336 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

If you want general spellchecking, that's all I can do. But I want to contribute because I love the idea of a wiki being created partially out of spite.

#47 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 15783 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

It's only spite if you set it to IP block the people who asked / cheated for it on TFWiki and Tumblr.

Which I support doing.

#48 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21142 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

...No.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#49 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 2544 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

Well I mean I don't have a history with the guy one way or the other but I'm certain Ignash is going to show up at some point.
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#50 MaxVer

MaxVer
  • Citizen
  • 109 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

Who is Ignash?

#51 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 4765 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

I heard he's the guy who put the scar on Walky's forehead. 

#52 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Protoform
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Ironic how GoBots was a Tonka property, now Hasbro has bought Tonka.

Does this mean crossovers or what?

#53 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Ironic how GoBots was a Tonka property, now Hasbro has bought Tonka.

Does this mean crossovers or what?

Hasbro bought Tonka YEARS ago. There have BEEN crossovers. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/GoBots

#54 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24951 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

Who is Ignash?

He's the reason TFWiki exists, in the same way that the guy who shot Bruce Wayne's parents is the reason Batman exists.

(TFWiki's parents were the potential for Transformers articles on Wikipedia to ever be competently written.)

(I guess the IDW Hasbro Wiki and the GoBots Wiki are various Robins in this analogy. Hopefully neither of them is Jason Todd.)

Edited by ▲ndrusi, 04 January 2017 - 10:10 PM.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#55 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

IDW Hasbro is Dick Grayson. I have a feeling GoBots could be Barbara Gordon.

#56 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 2544 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

So he's going to kick down the door and permanently disable it?
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#57 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23359 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

If there's one thing from the Fun Pub Facebook fiction that I feel should absolutely be taken into consideration for coverage of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon, it's the episode order presented in this Facebook post, as the original airdate order makes no sense whatsoever (outside of the five-part pilot) with its haphazard placements of "Lost on Gobotron", the five parts of the Gobotron Saga, "Nova Beam", "Cy-Kill's Cataclysmic Trap",  "Doppleganger", "The GoBots That Time Forgot",  and "Mission: Gobotron". And the production order is even more disastrous.

Conversely, the "optimal viewing order" on the Facebook post provides the most coherent flow of something resembling a continuity narrative.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#58 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 5099 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

Gotta love the help uber-nerds like Jim can provide.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#59 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

So he's going to kick down the door and permanently disable it?

Not if Ignash is Joe Chill in this scenario. 

#60 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23359 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Gotta love the help uber-nerds like Jim can provide.

Truth be told, the placements for "Lost on Gobotron" and "Doppleganger" were my suggestions (as the list originally had them in their airing order slots in the list's original typing before it was edited into its current revision), but all the rest of everything else was all Jim's awesome handiwork. :thumbsup :love

Edited by Sabrblade, 05 January 2017 - 12:00 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users