Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

DuckTales '17 Discussion

1741 replies to this topic

#1701 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28488 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:05 PM

Not knowing much about the character, it never really occurred to me until now that Cornelius Coot was related to Donald and Della through their great-grandfather, Clinton Coot.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1702 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7901 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:24 PM

I caught myself in a Dewey pun today...I really need this vacation...

#1703 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12583 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

Not knowing much about the character, it never really occurred to me until now that Cornelius Coot was related to Donald and Della through their great-grandfather, Clinton Coot.

A Don Rosa innovation, as I recall.

#1704 Classic Sideways

Classic Sideways

Unicronian Agent

• Citizen
  • 5825 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:34 PM

The show did the impossible and made me like Bubba Duck

#1705 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28488 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

The Bubba episode didn't do much for me as far as Bubba himself was concerned since he was mostly just the same as he was in the old show and, while I do like the original Bubba, something I find to be one of this show's strengths is how it usually gives us really good reinterpretations of the familiar characters, and was hoping to see the same done for Bubba. Yet, what we got was basically the same version as the original rather than a neat new take on the character.

Like I said, I like the original Bubba, but if I want to see the original Bubba, I'll watch the Bubba episodes of the original series.

What I did like, however, was the development for both Louie and Della. That crack he made about her at the end was gut-punching.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1706 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65605 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:54 PM

They probably figured that Bubba was so ridiculous the first time, that they couldn't reinterpret him while still being him. So they made him the same only to Huey's frustration at how historically inaccurate he is. :D

ACItEK8.png

#1707 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36368 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:21 PM

They probably figured that Bubba was so ridiculous the first time, that they couldn't reinterpret him while still being him. So they made him the same only to Huey's frustration at how historically inaccurate he is. :D

I feel like they are doing something with him, by keeping him the same considering what they set up for the ending. I can imagine him returning in future episodes some how and expanding on him maybe being the First McDuck.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1708 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28488 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:57 PM

Although, I do feel that Dee Bradley Baker did a mighty fine impression of Frank Welker's Bubba/G1 Sludge voice.

#1709 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5196 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:32 AM

llewellynfield_by_pixelkitties_ddfnix2-f

https://www.devianta...field-812352134

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#1710 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28488 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:41 AM

Huh, two Louie-centric cliffhangers in a row. I'm liking this new serialization of Louie's character arc.

#1711 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8518 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:23 AM

Almost caught up. To the hiatus, urgh.

87 cent solution, Glomgold is hilarious. But stupid thing is the 'time teaser' being thrown out by Gyro. Unless it's continuity cuz he was messing with a pocket watch that didn't work in the wild west and only the hot tub time machine worked.

Della returning, yeah, the moon general guy is bad. I don't like Penumbra really.

Della adjusting, eh. I hate all this attention on Louie. Give me more Huey.

Doomsday Vault, aw, Ludwig is dead already. And has three kids? He got married? Weird. Glomgold is everywhere.

Friendship hates magic, I actually cried tears when Lena came back. Seriously. I'm glad she's back. Where will she live now? And awesome that Beakly is into Darkwing, hehe

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1712 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38970 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

We watched the latest two episodes today. I thought it was pretty scummy of them going to the one place Louie wanted to go on an adventure while he was grounded.

Loved that Louie schemed them all, and the reaction of Scrooge when he lost was awesome.   

So is this a cliffhanger ending for the season or are there more episodes still coming?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1713 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36368 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

We watched the latest two episodes today. I thought it was pretty scummy of them going to the one place Louie wanted to go on an adventure while he was grounded.

Loved that Louie schemed them all, and the reaction of Scrooge when he lost was awesome.   

So is this a cliffhanger ending for the season or are there more episodes still coming?

1hr long season finale on Thurs

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#1714 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8518 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:40 PM

Gandra Dee, so Gizmo Duck has been building up his own personal villain set! I love that! He doesn't have to borrow from Darkwing's villains. Mark Beaks buffing up was weird cuz he's be more about building a better armor for an armor war. So what's up with the Powerball? Future use? I'm wildly disappointed by the change in Gandra Dee though. It was a 'nerd fantasy' but I loved that a tall supermodel with some tech skills was in a relationship with a bean counter like Fenton in the original series (she had tech skills. She was able to control that giant killer mantis robot in an ep). New Gandra with her photo eyes and nano shocker is a punk. A semi sweet punk but, eh, she's like Gizmo Duck's Splatter Phoenix and I'd rather have her for Darkwing.

Watched Negaduck before already.

Donald on the moon, wow the explanation at the end for his violence makes him almost edge Goofy out as the best dad material. Still a very silly ep with the Scorpion though, haha.

Birthday, I looooove Boyd! Hope he comes back! Love Huey with Della and powering up and actually into planting. But he really should have been gaming the game and wizarding his way through the levels instead of playing it safe.

Ok, I skipped the Magica and Coot EP cuz I wanted to see Bubba. Duck me, he was pretty cool as a prop but, er, he's a teen and not the same age as the nephews, boo. And he bonked Tootsie! That's bad! I did love the urgency when everybody was disappearing (scary) and Huey going on about Bubba was great! Buuuut it turned into another Louie thing and, blerg, I hate this selfish jerk. Focus on the better nephews!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1715 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7901 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Its pretty obvious this is Louie's focus season. Last one was Dewey so next one will likely be Huey.

Caught "Richest Duck" on Demand last night
Spoiler

Glomgold continues to be a shining beacon of hilarity! The way the heroes totally sidestep him with genuine fear for Magica was excellent. His Family scheme would have worked but he forgot a Donald/Della equivalent. Yeah. Thats it, thats the solution.

Timephoon had some absolutely gold character gags. Gyro is totally NOT building a clone army!

#1716 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10435 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

I'm mostly caught up - haven't seen any episodes past "Timephoon!" but very much looking forward to seeing the rest the first chance I get.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#1717 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36368 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:04 PM

Just finished Glomtales, and well... I think its the first time I've really been let down I've been by an episode of the new series. The idea of Glomgold creating essentially a Legion of Doom of all the villains is something that feels like it should be epic, like even if Glomgold is incompetent, Ma, Magica, Don, aren't and Marks kinda isn't. But it gets resolved as quickly as it comes and it amounts to almost nothing. Yes, there is a cliffhanger but that's all Louie really. I was wanting more from this then they wanted to give it seems.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#1718 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28488 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:48 PM

Well, all the villains minus Glomgold did retreat back aboard Karnage's ship as a group, rather than going their separate ways, so it's possible they could come back remaining as a group later on, with this just being their first outing together.

#1719 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8518 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:14 AM

Saw the other two and finally caught up, woohoo!

Nightmare slumber party, nice dreams. I didn't watch High School Musical but I think that's what Dewey was going for with the basketballs? They missed a chance to have Louie look more like Fat Cat from Rescue Rangers. Unless he did and I didn't recognize him without the coat? Huey long legs, hahahahahaah! And Dewey freaking out over the visual, hahahaha! But I totally resent the fact that he saaaaays he has little imagination?! No way! Imagination is important to researchers and developers and, while I can't name stuff he's engineered, he's gotta have it is spades, c'mooooon. Season 3 better be a Huey season, yeah.

Oh and Magica looks pathetic being bereft of all magic, oh dear. Hope Lena pulls it together and finds her place in the show.

Coot, eh, that corn = gold has been done in MacGyver, Care Bears and I'm sure in other shows I can't remember. Bug Time was great though. Sad to know further proof that Launchpad doesn't even know anything about what he flies.

Glomtales, what that his takeover song? Haha. Yeah, his Legion of Doom was awesome and I hope it comes back, especially with Carnage and Magica and Beaks and Glomgold (ok, everybody except the Beagles). I love that Gyro is suppose to be part of Scrooge's family too, aaaw. Louie figuring out the angle was great but... I don't remember... how does he know that title bit again?

Richest Duck, how cool would it have been to have Gyro in his counsel too, demanding more funds for research. And Owlsen is the best and I hope she comes back. Hokey magic talk but whatevers, let's get back to Della and Donald.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#1720 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10435 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:16 AM

Well, all the villains minus Glomgold did retreat back aboard Karnage's ship as a group, rather than going their separate ways, so it's possible they could come back remaining as a group later on, with this just being their first outing together.

That would be nice, and I could see the villains coordinating again - how many times did Magica work with the Beagle Boys in the original show, after all?

Trouble is that I don't see Don Karnage actively seeking outside aid to go after Dewey - he's got a crew, after all. The rest, though? Mark Beaks, maybe, Magica, definitely, and the Beagle Boys are legion...

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users