Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

DuckTales '17 Discussion

1802 replies to this topic

#21 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10679 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

I kinda like the new designs. In some ways, they're their own thing, but Scrooge seems to draw very closely from the old Carl Barks comics.

Also, I recognized Webbigail's VA! She was a recurrer on "The Big Bang Theory"! Great that she has work and more excuses to do panels at SDCC.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#22 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

I'd be surprised if we see Tennant playing the role outside of this particular show, but that would certainly be cool. This kind of casting doesn't really look like that Allwine/Anselmo/Farmer "keep them locked up in the basement for thirty years" sort of deal. Not that Scrooge sees a lot of action anyway.

Tennant has stuck with the HTTYD franchise even past the movies, despite playing a bit character who only seldom gets lines.

I think he'll stick with it.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#23 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7454 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

Well that's cool. I wonder how expensive he is. Given that DuckTales will be the Scrooge-heaviest body of work hopefully it wouldn't make much sense for Disney to want someone cheaper for the rare occasions when they use Scrooge elsewhere.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#24 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:15 AM

John Kassir voiced him in a holiday special prior to this.

But I think the voice actors of Disney regulars make a lot of money doing what they do. They're an institution at this point for a lot of those characters, like the voices of the Simpsons. Scrooge has always existed nebulously between being a mainstay and a lower tier character, ala Ludwig von Drake, so it's a toss up. Beyond that, though, it depends if Tennant wants to stick around, I guess.

Edited by Razorsaw, 17 December 2016 - 01:16 AM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#25 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25454 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

Will they have Mila Kunis as Della Duck?
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#26 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17616 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

Who will be Doofus?

-ZacWilliam, priorities people!

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 December 2016 - 02:49 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#27 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26198 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

Fail for lack of Gizmoduck in the announcement.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#28 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8960 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

It'll take a long while before Fenton Crackshell appears if Gyro isn't introduced first. He and Bubba Duck weren't from the original comics, right?

With the different voices, will they be distinguishing Huey, Dewey and Louie? Like, one will be a tech guy, maybe another is sporty? Did they do that with Quack Pack? I kinda prefer it if they were indistinguishable. Weird.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#29 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7454 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:19 AM

I wonder if they can get John Simms as Flintheart Glomgold.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#30 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:51 AM

They should get someone South African instead of going for jokes based on old roles.

#31 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8159 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

With the different voices, will they be distinguishing Huey, Dewey and Louie? Like, one will be a tech guy, maybe another is sporty? Did they do that with Quack Pack? I kinda prefer it if they were indistinguishable. Weird.

this artwork from a few months ago seems to heavily imply individual personalities for the triplets.

Attached Thumbnails

• 143784_001.jpg

Edited by Confuzor, 17 December 2016 - 07:55 PM.

#32 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28978 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

They should get someone South African instead of going for jokes based on old roles.

Oh, duck pyjamas!

#33 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42979 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

Oh, by the way. I woke up with the theme song stuck in my head this morning... so yeah: thanks for that. :D

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#34 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

Oh, duck pyjamas!

... what?

#35 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36630 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

this artwork from a few months ago seems to heavily imply individual personalities for the triplets.

Donald: What the heck are those kids doing? 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#36 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28978 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

#37 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8159 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I heard someone in another forum suggest Craig Ferguson for Glomgold and now I won't stand for anything less.

#38 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7454 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

... what?

Uh, yeah, what?

Oh. Okay.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#39 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42979 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

Can't say I was clamoring for a Duck Tales reboot but I'll give it a chance, wouldn't be the first reboot I wound up liking but had never really thought about before. And anything that might help an actual dream of the far superior (according to 12 year old Wheels) Darkwing Duck getting a reboot is something I'll support.

Of course then we'll need a TailSpin revival. :thumbsup

Okay, I've had the time to think on this: While I would love a darkwing duck reboot, cause it's just making fun of batman and you can do that in basically any setting and so long as it's self aware of this fact and has some slapstick it'll be a gold mine, and I would watch a tailspin reboot I don't think they should reboot the latter of the two.

See, it's not changing character voices, designs, or flow that bother me. It's the fact that a reboot will inevitably involve a comtemporization of the source material... and tailspin would lose its charm if that happened. Sure, I would love to see the seaduck with actual jets, but there is something magical about those early years of aviation. An inexplicable combination of ever advancing science and understanding and "easy enough any monkey can do it". A mix of the belief that super science can save the day while still being accessible to everyone. If you push it up even to the beginning of the jet age, you would have to fundamentally start changing characters and background to match the new setting. Baloo isn't the happy go lucky cargo pilot and frontiersman: he's a semi retired military pilot. Wildcat stops being a mechanic and becomes an actual engineer and even back then that took drive and focus. No more oblivious joker.

Besides: 1920's art deco architecture. There's never been anything like it since. :)

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#40 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8960 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

Huey is the smart one, Dewey is the brave one, Louie is lazy? I'm a little disturbed that Webby is upside down. She might be playful... Or crazy.

Huey Ravenclaw, Dewey Gryffindor, Louie Hufflepuff, Webby Slytherin.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users