Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

DuckTales '17 Discussion

1739 replies to this topic

#21 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10435 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

I kinda like the new designs. In some ways, they're their own thing, but Scrooge seems to draw very closely from the old Carl Barks comics.

Also, I recognized Webbigail's VA! She was a recurrer on "The Big Bang Theory"! Great that she has work and more excuses to do panels at SDCC.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#22 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35119 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

I'd be surprised if we see Tennant playing the role outside of this particular show, but that would certainly be cool. This kind of casting doesn't really look like that Allwine/Anselmo/Farmer "keep them locked up in the basement for thirty years" sort of deal. Not that Scrooge sees a lot of action anyway.

Tennant has stuck with the HTTYD franchise even past the movies, despite playing a bit character who only seldom gets lines.

I think he'll stick with it.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#23 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7155 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

Well that's cool. I wonder how expensive he is. Given that DuckTales will be the Scrooge-heaviest body of work hopefully it wouldn't make much sense for Disney to want someone cheaper for the rare occasions when they use Scrooge elsewhere.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#24 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35119 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:15 AM

John Kassir voiced him in a holiday special prior to this.

But I think the voice actors of Disney regulars make a lot of money doing what they do. They're an institution at this point for a lot of those characters, like the voices of the Simpsons. Scrooge has always existed nebulously between being a mainstay and a lower tier character, ala Ludwig von Drake, so it's a toss up. Beyond that, though, it depends if Tennant wants to stick around, I guess.

Edited by Razorsaw, 17 December 2016 - 01:16 AM.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#25 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25249 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

Will they have Mila Kunis as Della Duck?
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#26 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17201 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

Who will be Doofus?

-ZacWilliam, priorities people!

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 17 December 2016 - 02:49 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#27 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25967 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

Fail for lack of Gizmoduck in the announcement.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#28 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

It'll take a long while before Fenton Crackshell appears if Gyro isn't introduced first. He and Bubba Duck weren't from the original comics, right?

With the different voices, will they be distinguishing Huey, Dewey and Louie? Like, one will be a tech guy, maybe another is sporty? Did they do that with Quack Pack? I kinda prefer it if they were indistinguishable. Weird.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#29 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7155 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:19 AM

I wonder if they can get John Simms as Flintheart Glomgold.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#30 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35119 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:51 AM

They should get someone South African instead of going for jokes based on old roles.

#31 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7901 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

With the different voices, will they be distinguishing Huey, Dewey and Louie? Like, one will be a tech guy, maybe another is sporty? Did they do that with Quack Pack? I kinda prefer it if they were indistinguishable. Weird.

this artwork from a few months ago seems to heavily imply individual personalities for the triplets.

Attached Thumbnails

• 143784_001.jpg

Edited by Confuzor, 17 December 2016 - 07:55 PM.

#32 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28543 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

They should get someone South African instead of going for jokes based on old roles.

Oh, duck pyjamas!

#33 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41994 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

Oh, by the way. I woke up with the theme song stuck in my head this morning... so yeah: thanks for that. :D

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#34 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35119 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

Oh, duck pyjamas!

... what?

#35 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36368 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

this artwork from a few months ago seems to heavily imply individual personalities for the triplets.

Donald: What the heck are those kids doing? 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#36 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28543 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

#37 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7901 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I heard someone in another forum suggest Craig Ferguson for Glomgold and now I won't stand for anything less.

#38 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7155 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

... what?

Uh, yeah, what?

Oh. Okay.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#39 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41994 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

Can't say I was clamoring for a Duck Tales reboot but I'll give it a chance, wouldn't be the first reboot I wound up liking but had never really thought about before. And anything that might help an actual dream of the far superior (according to 12 year old Wheels) Darkwing Duck getting a reboot is something I'll support.

Of course then we'll need a TailSpin revival. :thumbsup

Okay, I've had the time to think on this: While I would love a darkwing duck reboot, cause it's just making fun of batman and you can do that in basically any setting and so long as it's self aware of this fact and has some slapstick it'll be a gold mine, and I would watch a tailspin reboot I don't think they should reboot the latter of the two.

See, it's not changing character voices, designs, or flow that bother me. It's the fact that a reboot will inevitably involve a comtemporization of the source material... and tailspin would lose its charm if that happened. Sure, I would love to see the seaduck with actual jets, but there is something magical about those early years of aviation. An inexplicable combination of ever advancing science and understanding and "easy enough any monkey can do it". A mix of the belief that super science can save the day while still being accessible to everyone. If you push it up even to the beginning of the jet age, you would have to fundamentally start changing characters and background to match the new setting. Baloo isn't the happy go lucky cargo pilot and frontiersman: he's a semi retired military pilot. Wildcat stops being a mechanic and becomes an actual engineer and even back then that took drive and focus. No more oblivious joker.

Besides: 1920's art deco architecture. There's never been anything like it since. :)

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#40 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

Huey is the smart one, Dewey is the brave one, Louie is lazy? I'm a little disturbed that Webby is upside down. She might be playful... Or crazy.

Huey Ravenclaw, Dewey Gryffindor, Louie Hufflepuff, Webby Slytherin.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users