Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 May 2019 - 05:53 AM)

Was that the one where he fights gamma mutant poodles?

@  unluckiness : (25 May 2019 - 03:14 AM)

The CG in that movie was fantastic. Shame Donkey and Fiona were written out of the movie though.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Don't worry, though. Ang Lee's Hulk has made it, so if physical media goes this year we can all die happy

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:12 AM)

It's not on 4K yet. Sure would be nice, though

@  Pennpenn : (25 May 2019 - 12:56 AM)

Probably, when I remember to.

@  Telly : (24 May 2019 - 11:11 PM)

you should buy it on bluray or 4k

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2019 - 09:56 PM)

It's still not up on netflix. Bah!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:26 PM)

We named the dog "Indiana".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:25 PM)

Happy 30 years to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Truly they are the compleat package.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 May 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Made from the metallized ashes of their previous enemies.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

DuckTales '17 Discussion

1591 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11724 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Allons-y!

Edited by Copper Bezel, 26 September 2017 - 07:32 AM.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27557 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

WHAT!?

xC9l3eY.gif

#3 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2933 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Can't say I'm familiar with any of 'em.
On a side note - wish they kept the original designs. Giving them 1950's/60's UPA cartoon look with aged comic book texture for backgrounds is so senseless.

EDIT: Wait... DAVID TENNANT?! Bloody hell, failed to register it upon first viewing. The hair and beard threw me off. O.o (Yeah, yeah, the name's displayed onscreen, but still...)

Edited by D.M, 16 December 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#4 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

A sea devil ate my ice cream!

#5 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41417 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

Well... they gave the siblings different voices this time... and david tenant as scrooge? Okay, might have to check it out just for the voice work.

#6 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

David Tennant as Uncle Scrooge is pretty inspired casting, I can already hear it in my head.

I recognize most of the others from SNL and various sitcoms, but there's nobody who I'm like, "OMG, I love their voice".

#7 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6071 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

Is Lorne Michaels producing this or something?

#8 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14573 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

David Tennant as Uncle Scrooge is pretty inspired casting, I can already hear it in my head.

I recognize most of the others from SNL and various sitcoms, but there's nobody who I'm like, "OMG, I love their voice".

Meanwhile, I love every voice, except for Toks Olagundoye. No idea who she is.

Yep.

#9 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6841 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Beck Bennett is an amazing choice for Launchpad, I can really see that working.

Tennant... I love Doctor Who and I love DuckTales but I'm not sure about that mix. Alan Young's a hard act to follow and this is not the direction I'd have gone in.

Still, fingers crossed. I wonder whether the new show will cling so heavily to Barks or whether we'll get something hip and modern and edgy.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#10 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34986 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

They got an actual Scottish person to play him. I think it'll work out fine.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#11 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5969 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Beck Bennett is an amazing choice for Launchpad, I can really see that working.

Tennant... I love Doctor Who and I love DuckTales but I'm not sure about that mix. Alan Young's a hard act to follow and this is not the direction I'd have gone in.

Still, fingers crossed. I wonder whether the new show will cling so heavily to Barks or whether we'll get something hip and modern and edgy.

Tennant does have a range of voices he can do. He's read for a number of audiobooks, and has done several voices for them. I think he's read the audiobooks for the How to Train your Dragon books (which the movies were based on) as well as some Doctor Who books. My Audible app will let me post a clip, so after I download one of my Who books I'll get you a clip.

Bah, picked a bit of a clunker to get a clip from, but here's one clip

http://a.co/0Dw4amN
It's from the Last Voyage Doctor Who book.

Here's something better from Dead Air
http://a.co/457VdZE

(PS if anybody wants a free copy of either, PM me w/ your email. Audible lets me send one book free.)

Edited by Kevin S, 16 December 2016 - 07:17 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#12 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34841 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

Can't say I was clamoring for a Duck Tales reboot but I'll give it a chance, wouldn't be the first reboot I wound up liking but had never really thought about before. And anything that might help an actual dream of the far superior (according to 12 year old Wheels) Darkwing Duck getting a reboot is something I'll support.

Of course then we'll need a TailSpin revival. :thumbsup

#13 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41417 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

Wheels. We talked about this.

Get out of my head. No, no puppy dog eyes, just get out.

#14 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34841 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

Wheels. We talked about this.

Get out of my head. No, no puppy dog eyes, just get out.

I C U P!!!!!

Speaking of which wash your hands dude, that's just gross!

#15 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

On one hand it's just weird to me to have three different voices for the boys but Ducktor Scrooge!

#16 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6841 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

I don't doubt Tennant's talent. Mostly I just wish they'd got someone older (Young was in his late sixties when DuckTales began). I'm sure Tennant will sell it.

Really there's no way the casting could satisfy me here, because I just love Alan Young so much.

I hope we at least get a cameo here and there from the likes of Russi Taylor. It may well not be that sort of project though.

I'd have been happy with one person voicing the boys, but I assume we're still living in that post-Quack Pack world where it's been decided that a nephew-centric show needs more differentiation.

Edited by Maruten, 16 December 2016 - 08:49 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#17 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41417 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

I don't doubt Tennant's talent. Mostly I just wish they'd got someone older (Young was in his late sixties when DuckTales began). I'm sure Tennant will sell it.

Really there's no way the casting could satisfy me here, because I just love Alan Young so much.

I hope we at least get a cameo here and there from the likes of Russi Taylor. It may well not be that sort of project though.

I'd have been happy with one person voicing the boys, but I assume we're still living in that post-Quack Pack world where it's been decided that a nephew-centric show needs more differentiation.

Speaking as twin: I can tell you that identical siblings generally go out of their way to NOT look like each other. I wear different styles of clothes, different hair and facial hair, and speak differently than my brother. It makes perfect sense for triplets to do the same.

#18 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28225 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

Given we only recently lost the original Unca Scrooge, I assume casting David is partly so the new voice is someone they can get a few decades of consistency out of.

He seems to have taken to voice acting partly because that 'Tennant takes America' thing never panned out.

#19 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64653 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

This is a good cast.

ACItEK8.png

#20 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6841 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

I'd be surprised if we see Tennant playing the role outside of this particular show, but that would certainly be cool. This kind of casting doesn't really look like that Allwine/Anselmo/Farmer "keep them locked up in the basement for thirty years" sort of deal. Not that Scrooge sees a lot of action anyway.

WsuGTl1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users