Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass XÖ has hijacked this conversation.

Photo
- - - - -

Flame Toys - 2021 updates: Victory Leo, Windblade

720 replies to this topic

#501 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27991 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:01 AM

[stuff]

I realize this is going to look hypocritical after I responded to Sprocket's insult-as-a-distraction by implying it was the result of psychological issues on his part, but I feel like armchair-psychoanalying the other guy is something you do to score points with people on your side, not something you do in an attempt to be productive in any way, what with the 100% chance of coming across as extremely condescending.

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#502 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:36 AM

I think one of the problems in this mess is being highlighted by insisting some only care about this topic because there's drama.

I'm a proud bleeding heart liberal and I'm happy Transformers fiction has emerged as a pioneer in social responsibility/representation. But it has brought with it a segment of fans who think they get to decide what can and can't exist in the franchise and that their opinions are fact, no arguments permitted.

I like Windblade as a character. Enjoyed her in IDW and RID, hated Combiner Wars for how it turned her into a thug. I own the Legion toy, the Scout, the TR Deluxe, even the SDCC Fort Max RID repaint.

When we first saw concept art of this kit I thought "Oh, that's cute. They took some liberties but it's Japan and I've been an anime fan long enough to have seen FAR worse." Same thoughts when the prototype was revealed.

But no. The aforementioned section of the fanbase has declared I could only like it because I'm a hate filled misogynist who knows nothing about the character. And if you argue otherwise they will unite in their echo chamber and insist you're only proving their point. How insulting is that?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't personally care for the sexualisation in the movies or Kiss Players. But I vote with my wallet on that, even as other fans tell me the former are perfectly fine.

When you reach a point where a select group of fans appoint themselves judge and jury over everyone else in the franchise, people who otherwise might just let things pass will instead offer their opinion. Because this is supposed to be a hobby, a source of fun. And when some fans think they get to declare what is and isn't fun, people will in turn ask "Well what gives you that right?"

#503 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

^^^

Kind of the definition of gatekeeping, isn't it. 

#504 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:57 AM

[stuff]

I realize this is going to look hypocritical after I responded to Sprocket's insult-as-a-distraction by implying it was the result of psychological issues on his part, but I feel like armchair-psychoanalying the other guy is something you do to score points with people on your side, not something you do in an attempt to be productive in any way, what with the 100% chance of coming across as extremely condescending.

Er, where is he psychoanalyzing? The part where he says that he understands and empathizes with the reasoning given for the argument, or the part where he says that the conclusion is encouraging something else? Those are all statements about things outside of the person in question's head.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 22 February 2020 - 01:57 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#505 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69031 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

https://www.facebook...10931079071156/

FB_IMG_1582378057372.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#506 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:50 AM

Strike Freedom? What are YOU doing here?!

#507 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27991 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:03 AM

[stuff]

Er, where is he psychoanalyzing? The part where he says that he understands and empathizes with the reasoning given for the argument, or the part where he says that the conclusion is encouraging something else? Those are all statements about things outside of the person in question's head.
Maybe psychoanalyzing isn't the word I'm looking for, but "you don't like the thing and feel strongly about that, therefore puritanism, which is unhealthy for you jsyk" is not my idea of a good faith argument you make in an attempt to convince someone of something that isn't "you totally owned them! high five!"

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#508 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34415 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

Megatron has gotten so dang tired of being stabbed in the back, that he has decided that his back needs to be stabby.
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#509 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4375 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

FB_IMG_1582378057372.jpg

Krok retool when? =P

...Only slightly joking.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#510 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9323 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:26 AM

Megatron has gotten so dang tired of being stabbed in the back, that he has decided that his back needs to be stabby.

Tired is right.  His anime crotch thrust is looking more like a lazy slouch to me.

#511 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2542 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:40 AM

I feel like armchair-psychoanalying the other guy...

Maybe psychoanalyzing isn't the word I'm looking for...

I'm so glad we could share this moment together.

Oh. By the way. What I just did? THAT'S posting in bad faith to score internet points off of people who agree with me. What I posted and you dismissed? Nah. That was very much in good faith.

I realize this is going to look hypocritical after I responded to Sprocket's insult-as-a-distraction by implying it was the result of psychological issues on his part...

You're right. You do look hypocritical. And kind of a jerk, honestly. Seriously, the dude disagrees with you over a reaction to plastic butt cheeks and you imply he's got parental issues? Look, maybe Sprocket's shared some stuff I'm unaware of, but if he hasn't? Toss "who has mommy/daddy issues" on the end of the "only alt-right misogynistic nazi incels like this toy!" insult congo.

And you know what? If he has shared something regarding parental issues? To dig it out and throw it back at him over a disagreement about a plastic butt on a model kit is still low.

Maybe psychoanalyzing isn't the word I'm looking for, but "you don't like the thing and feel strongly about that, therefore puritanism, which is unhealthy for you jsyk" is not my idea of a good faith argument you make in an attempt to convince someone of something that isn't "you totally owned them! high five!"

Look. You don't get to claim an argument isn't in good faith because it tells you something you don't want to hear. Was what I posted in good faith? Again, yes.

You see I didn't say "you don't like the thing and feel strongly about that, therefore puritanism, which is unhealthy for you jsyk." That's a pretty damn dismissive take on what I said that rips out all of the context. And I think you know that.

No, I didn't say "therefore puritanism" if someone feels strongly about something. I began with the specific issue at hand, empathized with it, and explained a troubling trend I saw emerging from it, using the context of the specific issue.

I'm not trying to score internet points off of anyone. I couldn't give a crap. I am, however, expressing my concern over a broader trend in our culture that's relevant to a Transformers-branded product. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear it, but if being called a "puritan" has you upset? Well all I can say is that it's better than being told you have parental issues over a model kit with a butt.

Edited by LordGigaIce, 22 February 2020 - 10:41 AM.

B3v0h0W.png

#512 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19390 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

FB_IMG_1582378057372.jpg

Krok retool when? =P

...Only slightly joking.

I'll wait for the Calvin Johnson version and its football covered in translucent blades.

#513 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60894 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:33 AM

It's a new day with new adventures. Like most drama fueled internet rages, the Windblade episode has run its course. So going forward in THIS thread we will only be talking about Flame Toys products. 

If you want to continue with the shit show, make another thread in P&R.  Further comments about this will be deleted. 

I have spoken. 

#514 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:06 PM

Just to share this then- defending the kit on Twitter got me solicited by a fart fetishist to join the troll campaign today.

So yeah. If you don't like the kit, have a laugh at my expense.

#515 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8703 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

Okay now THAT is a bot that is too damn sexy.

#516 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69031 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:52 PM

Pamphlet handed out by Flame Toys. Some updated looks and a previously unannounced Red Bumblebee Furai kit.
https://twitter.com/...6503836673?s=19

ACItEK8.png

#517 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69031 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:27 AM

Pamphlet handed out by Flame Toys. Some updated looks and a previously unannounced Red Bumblebee Furai kit.
https://twitter.com/...6503836673?s=19

Missed white Optimus redeco Ultra Magnus too.

ACItEK8.png

#518 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

The more I see of that Leo Prime the mor I needz it!

#519 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19390 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

In a pre-Ultimetal world, I'd have been pretty into that.

It has been a while since I built a model kit.

#520 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9323 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

Okay now THAT is a bot that is too damn sexy.

I hate it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users