Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

Photo
- - - - -

Spatiotemporal Challengers Finale out!

174 replies to this topic

#41 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20280 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

Oh, I'm certain this was probably a late edition.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#42 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2376 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, actually I'm sure the club would have preferred I submit the stories earlier.

I've been pretty busy this year. as my company is working on some big publishing projects.

Don't you think there's a certain relevance to their current plight given this timing, though?

I'm sure there are people who don't use twitter, so choose your Gobots in this thread, if you like!

SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#43 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2376 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

This was a piece of concept art that Hayato Sakamoto drew for the 2nd chapter.

Although I really like it, it went unused for... Y'know, reasons.

You can take it as a piece of fanart.

gobot3350dpi.jpg

SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#44 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

I'm sure there are people who don't use twitter, so choose your Gobots in this thread, if you like!

Path Finder

Small Foot

Road Ranger

Bad Boy

Treds

Gettin' the OG e-HOBBY band back together!

Now if only Bug Bite's whereabouts could be tracked down.

Edited by Sabrblade, 26 November 2016 - 11:15 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#45 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 943 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Love it! But, based on my own experience for what is and isn't allowed, makes sense that this wouldn't pass muster. What's the significance of the Maximal symbol?

I'm sorry, but for a company about to lose the license to produce new content, they're really dragging this shit out, aren't they? Was the actual story content delayed in favor of the S.T.A.R.S. gag, or was it always supposed to be like this?

Oh, come now. "Dragging it out?" Everyone involved is busting their ass to get you as much content as we can before the end of the year. It's a celebration of the brand, and none of us wants to waste a single day. I'm still only halfway done with Derailment, the 4th and final part of the BWU Finale. To me, that's not "dragging it out," that's working hard to make sure that the fans get as much content as we can produce before the brand moves on in another direction.

-JimS

#46 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

Love it! But, based on my own experience for what is and isn't allowed, makes sense that this wouldn't pass muster. What's the significance of the Maximal symbol?

It's a crest that was given to them by the "Beast Sage" to help forestall the destructive force that was trying to destroy their world.

Though, the text described it as a "vaguely leonine-shaped sigil". I guess the Maximal symbol could be considered at least cat-like, maybe.

Edited by Sabrblade, 26 November 2016 - 11:45 AM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#47 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38946 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

The Maximal symbol is on a column that Lio Convoy/Leo Prime installed during his visit. It was meant to forestall the end of the universe if even just briefly.

#48 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Oh, neat. I remembered that Lio Convoy visited here to help out, but didn't make the connection with the Maximal symbol. I always thought of it as lupine myself.

-JimS

#49 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 7360 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, I always assumed that it was just, like, a big picture of Lio's lion head.

card-rewind.jpg

#50 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I always assumed that it was just, like, a big picture of Lio's lion head.

Yup. That said, if a lion-man saved my universe with a device affixed with that admittedly fairly abstract symbol, I might think of it as leonine too. Context matters.

-JimS 

#51 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

I've heard it be referred to as looking like a coyote head.

#52 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Apprentice Staff
  • 2966 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

I see it as fox/wolf-like.

One might make the argument that it's a really stylized feline.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 26 November 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#53 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

I'm sorry, but for a company about to lose the license to produce new content, they're really dragging this shit out, aren't they? Was the actual story content delayed in favor of the S.T.A.R.S. gag, or was it always supposed to be like this?

Oh, come now. "Dragging it out?" Everyone involved is busting their ass to get you as much content as we can before the end of the year. It's a celebration of the brand, and none of us wants to waste a single day. I'm still only halfway done with Derailment, the 4th and final part of the BWU Finale. To me, that's not "dragging it out," that's working hard to make sure that the fans get as much content as we can produce before the brand moves on in another direction.

-JimS

Yes. Dragging it out. This story was ten pages of the cast walking from one setting to a second setting, only to be told they needed to go to a third setting for the next chapter. That was the entire "plot". There was no characterization or plot development of any kind beyond this. So whether you've been waiting eight months since the last installment, three years and five months since Spatiotemporal Challengers was actually announced at BotCon 2013, or eight years and six months since the Withered Hope cliffhanger, this left a lot to be desired.

I have no complaints about Uprising and its schedule. Eight chapters in a year is very impressive. This is specifically about Spatiotemporal Challengers, and its one chapter in eight years.

I don't know why it's been three years since Spatiotemporal Challengers was announced and it's only coming out now. I don't know if there were personal problems that delayed the creators or professional problems with the prose license that delayed Fun Pub. All I can go by is what I see. And while High Noon delivered a coherent sequence of events, Sunrise and Journey's Eve both feel like filler. Worse, they're also the chapters attached with special "gimics", like a full Japanese translation at the end or a wholly unnecessary interactive element.

Which brings me back to Fun Pub losing the license and a general concern that if the thing ain't done by December 31st, it ain't ever gettin' done. And we get a chapter that stands for nothing except telling us "We haven't even started writing the next chapter, since we're waiting for you to weigh in from S.T.A.R.S.!"? A whole lot of effort was put into making that S.T.A.R.S. homage and the file cards as a bonus feature, when the audience is more than a little worried that the actual story won't even get finished on time.

It doesn't feel like this was the original 2013 plan.

It feels like this was turned into Chapters late in development.

It feels like these gimics were also added on late in development.

And it feels like all this is delaying, dragging out, and bogging down what could've been a good story for reasons beyond my comprehension.

#54 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20280 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hydra just said he was busy?

I mean,they may have had the plot ready by 2013, but writing the actual stories themselves take time and approval from higher ups.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#55 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 1762 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

I've always thought that the Maximal logo was some kind of stylized sabre-toothed cat.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#56 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20280 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

I mean, I can talk from some experience here-things require re-writes, couple of different drafts, and if you're lucky, by the second or third draft it's approved. And art requires time as well.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#57 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hydra just said he was busy?

I mean,they may have had the plot ready by 2013, but writing the actual stories themselves take time and approval from higher ups.

Which, if you read my post, was not my point.

My point was, even assuming everything you said was true, why take additional time to delay doing bonus features and gimics, especially if there's a final full-stop deadline for all Fun Pub material?

#58 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

This story was ten pages of the cast walking from one setting to a second setting, only to be told they needed to go to a third setting for the next chapter. That was the entire "plot"...

...A whole lot of effort was put into making that S.T.A.R.S. homage and the file cards as a bonus feature, when the audience is more than a little worried that the actual story won't even get finished on time.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood your point completely then. I will say this--Andrew is the one writing the story. Most of the S.T.A.R.S. stuff was (I believe) done up by Jesse and myself. So it hasn't really taken away time from the story itself. Also, as a creative person, sometimes you have to do what you're inspired to do. That may not be what you, as a reader, want, but sometimes the only way forward is laterally. 

-JimS

#59 Xaaron

Xaaron
  • Citizen
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

Well then, I can appreciate it if the "bonus materials" were being done by other contributors instead of the main creative team.

I still question doing a survey on what the upcoming content should be so close to (what I assume is) a drop-dead deadline for final releases by the end of the year. But who knows -- the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure element may end up having a negligible effect on the next chapter, so it can be almost done even before the results come in.

#60 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20280 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Maybe it's to help the author? 8 characters is a lot to juggle around.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users