Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:49 PM)

It's completely pointless... whch is exactly the point. Hundreds of workers showing up 50 minutes before their shift is over.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:49 PM)

We're on strike until midnight tomorrow (Tuesday->Wednesday). Which means I will clock in at midnight and work until my shift is over... 50 minutes later.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:48 PM)

Hahaha, awesome.

@  Cybersnark : (09 December 2018 - 09:36 PM)

But The Pillows prefer to kill you with Poison Rock'N'Roll

@  Rodimus Supreme : (09 December 2018 - 10:23 AM)

Pillows can kill you softly.

@  Pennpenn : (09 December 2018 - 07:26 AM)

His song.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 December 2018 - 05:34 AM)

But is anything killing you softly?

@  Pennpenn : (09 December 2018 - 03:03 AM)

Oh don't be ridiculous. Some things are killing us quickly!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (08 December 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Isn't everything just killing us all slowly?...

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2018 - 09:23 PM)

Except the planet of junk actually fosters life, as opposed to the garbage patch which is just killing us all slowly.

@  RichardT1977 : (08 December 2018 - 11:11 AM)

I realized the other day that the Planet of Junk/Junkion is the interstellar counterpart to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

@  unluckiness : (08 December 2018 - 08:56 AM)

awards are a joke to begin with. One for video games makes it twice so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 December 2018 - 03:21 AM)

Sorry, I had beans.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 11:50 PM)

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2018 - 10:33 PM)

Always hopeful yet discontent, he knows changes aren't permanent, but change is!

@  Pennpenn : (07 December 2018 - 07:16 PM)

Nonsense. Everything changes, the cycle is an illusion.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 07:03 PM)

Turning, turning, turning through the years. Minutes into hours, and the hours into years. Nothing changes, nothing ever can. Round about the roundabout. Round and round and back where you began!

@  Pennpenn : (07 December 2018 - 06:56 PM)

The change was you got something off your wishlist. Be happy about that if nothing else!

@  wonko the sane? : (07 December 2018 - 02:09 PM)

I finally got something off my steam wishlist! but managed to add another title immediately: so there was no change. Dang it.

@  Dekafox : (07 December 2018 - 01:46 PM)

They're the thieves everyone is talking about though!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 December 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Wrong Phantom thieves!

@  Dekafox : (07 December 2018 - 11:04 AM)

I thought they were just trying to take the Lupin Collection pieces

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2018 - 09:25 AM)

damn you Phantom Thieves and your "Take Your heart wallet" motto!

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2018 - 09:23 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw whaaaaa????? :o *sees trailer* AAAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

@  unluckiness : (07 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Great, Waspinator got exploded again.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 02:39 AM)

Taka, Tora, Batta: Ta-To-Ba! Tatoba, Ta-To-Ba!

@  unluckiness : (07 December 2018 - 12:08 AM)

cyclone

@  Waspinator : (06 December 2018 - 11:39 PM)

that is super weird

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 11:32 PM)

My brain broke!

Joker... From Persona 5... In Smash....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 10:25 PM)

That doesn't suprise me.. I'm more waiting for Rockstar to pull a Bethesda.

@  Steevy Maximus : (06 December 2018 - 09:46 PM)

Red Dead is running wild over the Game Awards. More than a few have been awarded where I don't feel they should have won.

@  Steevy Maximus : (06 December 2018 - 09:11 PM)

Marvel Ultimate Allience 3 Switch Exclusive for 2019!?

@  unluckiness : (06 December 2018 - 08:57 AM)

The red plastic holding it together kinda worries me. It's the gummi kind of clear plasstic andmoving it feels uncpomfortably close to tearing.

@  Shrug : (06 December 2018 - 08:17 AM)

Yeah, that happened to mine a few weeks ago. Common problem.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 08:05 AM)

Oh for cryin' out loud, the yellow part on the back hinge of my TR Weirdwolf broke. Bleh. At least the red is still there I guess.

@  unluckiness : (06 December 2018 - 04:59 AM)

Man, I still haven't gotten past Rock Tunnel.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 03:28 AM)

You know nothing.. NOTHING! Eevee is our lord and savior! He will give us the cuteness we need! ;) No seriously.. Both Pika and Eevee in the games are way OP and Eevee can learn elemental moves to replace evolving.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2018 - 03:22 AM)

It's cute, what other point does it need?

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 03:17 AM)

I can get Pikachu not evolving, the species has had decades of not evolving. But Eevee without evolution seems... pointless?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Neither can Pikachu... And you don't need Eevee to evolve!

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Neither of them can evolve as starters.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM)

Also damn it my mouse wheel broke. What a pisser.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM)

It can't evolve.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 02:29 AM)

How dare you! You KNOW Eevee is the obvious choice!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 December 2018 - 05:48 PM)

Finished mine a few days ago, and just bought myself (I really shouldn't have, but did anyway.) let's go pikachu with the pokeball.

@  Cybersnark : (05 December 2018 - 03:47 PM)

Mostly. There's a book en route to my mom's house from the UK and I don't know if it'll arrive before January.

@  Cybersnark : (05 December 2018 - 03:46 PM)

Christmas shopping: complete.

@  RichardT1977 : (05 December 2018 - 12:37 PM)

(which would lead to a bunch of bad jokes about him selling a line of cashews, almonds, and pecans)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 December 2018 - 12:37 PM)

That would make sense per the precedent of Kamen Rider OOO ("Kamen Raidā Ōzu").

@  RichardT1977 : (05 December 2018 - 12:35 PM)

Wouldn't it be pronounced "Kamen Rider D's"?

Photo

Marvel's Inhumans TV series

177 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10847 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

Well, things have shaken up a bit in the MCU it seems...

IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

http://marvel.com/ne...linkId=31155906

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22344 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Stop trying to make Inhumans happen, Gretchen.

It's not going to happen.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#3 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7708 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

It's like they came up with an idea for Inhumans, realized that it wasn't very good, and decided to put it on network TV where it would be harder for people to notice.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

#4 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 26690 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

*faceclaws*

xC9l3eY.gif

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10847 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:47 PM

It's like they came up with an idea for Inhumans, realized that it wasn't very good, and decided to put it on network TV where it would be harder for people to notice.

that is basically how i imagine "Agents of SHIELD" came to be. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26340 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:24 AM

Just when we thought this train was slowing down.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10655 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:27 AM

I was really hoping it would be a movie, or at least a Netflix series. At least then we'd be less likely to get X-Men Lite.

unknown.png

#8 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16494 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:16 AM

I think it's more like:

Marvel: Screw X-men, We can make Inhumans the next big thing. Give them lots of comics. Put them in AoS. They're not buying it? Push harder. Nope, they're still not buying it. Push harder... no, OK, no one cares. :(

Movie People: Since no one cares do we really have to do an Inhuman Movie? Fine, we'll do it later then... Or hey, y'know what? We actively dislike the ABC TV folks and they've already licked these guys and got their TV saliva on them, just give it to them.

ABC execs: Look up from licking Ghost Rider with a big goob of spit trailing from their mouth...

I have no real desire to see "Inhumans" in any form. I mean I don't dislike them they're just not very interesting. Still if it has to be done on TV I feel like the "Right Way" is as one of those big (for tv) budget TV Miniseries they use to do a decade ago. Epic tone, create a new fantasy "world", big special effects, tight story and small group of focus characters. I think what we're sadly more likely to get is a rehash of the AoS Inhumans Season with a stripped down low budget version of some of the Royal family.

Which sounds bloody awful.

-ZacWilliam, hoping to be wrong...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#9 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9221 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Considering it's being filmed in bloomin' IMAX with a theatrical premiere, I have to assume there'll be a reasonable degree of glitz 'n' glamour put into it. They'll no doubt be going for the 'prestige television' feel.

#10 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 2874 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

This could be a way of getting Coulson back into the movies. Since Inhumans have featured so heavily in AoS, a cameo or even a small role for him could be a way of reintroducing him (and SHIELD too I guess) to those who see it in IMAX so that their (hopeful?) return in Avengers 4 isn't so jarring.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#11 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7530 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

inhumans is why i stopped watching shield. severely doubt ill watch a show of JUST them. though i may check out the premiere just to see what theyre doing with it and if black bolt and the others show up. not holding my breath though

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#12 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10655 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

I feel that they'd have misjudged the public mood quite badly if they released a series called "The Inhumans" without Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, or any of the characters people actually care about.

unknown.png

#13 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8893 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

Did you miss the part of the press release that says

“Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

?

#14 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1317 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

Ok I'll go against the tide here and say I'm actually ok with this. An ongoing series that develops them could work well.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#15 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7530 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:06 PM

Did you miss the part of the press release that says

“Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

?

yes i did

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#16 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6039 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

Guessing that means Vin Diesel isn't Black Bolt after all.

I have no particular feelings about this.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#17 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9940 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:11 PM

Well, I could justify seeing the IMAX release, but I'll happily watch the series itself.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#18 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14463 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

Deadline is also reporting that this is going to be an 8-episode limited series. Considering it's going to be filmed in IMAX and have a shorter run I'd expect a more than decent production budget.

Yep.

#19 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26340 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Agent Carter replacement as SHIELD's new mid-season break mini-series (for whichever season SHIELD will be on by the time this thing comes out), perhaps?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#20 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7708 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Deadline is also reporting that this is going to be an 8-episode limited series. Considering it's going to be filmed in IMAX and have a shorter run I'd expect a more than decent production budget.

Smaller episode count and better production value already make me look forward to this more than SHIELD's Inhumans.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users