Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

Photo

ResurrXion- return to the 90's era?

X-men Gold Blue GenX Cable Weapon X

74 replies to this topic

#21 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22965 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:07 PM

Well I mean he is one of the few Inhumans anybody cares about

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#22 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

And here's the two Inhumans I actually care about:

http://www.newsarama...xion-title.html

-ZacWilliam, On the one hand LOVE Ms Marvel AND Moon Girl. On the other hand I REALLY don't think we need 3 Inhumans books. I'd do Royals and this one, dump Blackbolt.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#23 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

3? We're getting 5. It's obvious that this is a week-long series of reveals. okay maybe not

I loved Rosenberg's Kingpin, but this isn't doing much for me, mostly because of the complete tonal disconnect between Kamala/Luna and the others. I'll be interested if he can pull it off, but for god's sake, they're a teenager and a 10-year-old, respectively. What are they doing on a clandestine spy team?

Edited by Broadside, 25 November 2016 - 06:11 AM.

unknown.png

#24 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

Quelle surprise: X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold are basically just a rebranded All-New X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men with different creative teams, which means we're stuck with the painfully tiresome Kirby & Lee X-Kids on Blue, and an uninspiring lineup and mediocre author (who's also reportedly the man responsible for Arrow going to shit) on Gold.
I like a lot of Bunn's work - particularly his Magneto - but he does tend to be either very good or incredibly bad, and I don't have faith that he'll be the former with the O5 involved.

What with Ewing and Rosenberg on the Inhumans and an X-Men line that's increasingly looking like ANAD X-Men with a new coat of paint, I suspect I'm not the only one who's going to be far more interested in the former.

(But there's Kitty and Rachel on the same team, so who knows; we might finally get the Promised Lesbians.)

Edited by Broadside, 28 November 2016 - 01:57 PM.

unknown.png

#25 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

Oh, and... I'll give you ten quid that Hopeless will be the author on Generation X.

I win either way; either I'm £10 richer or Hopeless isn't writing Generation X.

unknown.png

#26 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

I'm optimistic about Blue and Gold. Despite the annoying Iceman retcon I've enjoyed having the Teen Original Five around but under the tutelage of Magneto is going to be interesting. Mags hasn't been near the main teams since their short jump to Older Scotts Weapon X school so it should be interesting how they react to someone they had previously had only fought against. I'll stay on board as long as Bachelo is nowhere near the artwork.

And Gold looks like a classic mix of near Excalibur and the most current of the more popular classic characters. My only problem is where are some of the newer characters? Will all the new characters get shoved to Gen X or Xforce?

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#27 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7302 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

I'll stay on board as long as Bachelo is nowhere near the artwork.

You are a bad X-Men fan!!!  ;)

WsuGTl1.jpg

#28 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7302 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

Not sure about Rachel's new codename -- "Prestige" makes me think she has heavy paper stock or something. But teaming the O5 with Magneto strikes me as a pretty viable way of keeping them interesting.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#29 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:02 PM

My first thought was doing 1 book of the original team and 1 book of the famous Claremont team makes a lot of logical sense. But then I heard the complaints about how rediculously non diverse/non representative these teams are with only one PoC between both teams and yeah I have to say that's not really cool for a line that is meant to be a metaphor for persecution and prejudice.

-ZacWilliam, so we'll see, I guess. But yeah once that is brought to mind it's a pretty offputting flaw...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 29 November 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#30 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

Okay, so, each of the books so far has something hamstringing them.
Iceman is focused entirely on his sole personality trait, his gayness. (Which isn't a surprise, because it overwrote his previous sole personality trait of being a ladies' man.)
Generation X is using such beloved characters as Quentin Quire and Eyeboy. (I'd still be interested, but hug, Quire is so intolerable.)
Jean Grey is being written by Dennis Hopeless, AND it's about Teen Jean.
Weapon X has art by Greg Land.

If Cable has a decent team on it, I'll settle for that, Weapon X and X-Men Blue, but I'm not thrilled about this line.

Edited by Broadside, 02 December 2016 - 06:27 PM.

unknown.png

#31 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

Eye boy isn't bad at all. "Spider-man and the X-men" was easily the best Xbook of the last decade IMO and he was one of the class in that.

While I haven't read him myself X-men: Year One by Hopless folcused on young Jean and is a huge favorite of all the biggest Xfans I know.

-ZacWilliam, Iceman also has always been a joker and goofy "younger brother" so he has had as much personality as the rest of the original 5.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 02 December 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#32 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

I mean, I can get behind Eyeboy on the basis of this being a bunch of weirdos and outsiders with little-to-no practical application for their powers, but I never want to read a comic with Kid Omega in it ever again.

And personally, I just can't bring myself to read Hopeless's work. Avengers Arena/Undercover was just awful, ANXM is bad, and Spider-Woman is completely uninteresting. I just think he's one of the worst writers at Marvel currently.

(I was kind of exaggerating about Iceman, but he's hardly ever been a big player, and I'm still irritated about how horribly that retcon was handled.)

unknown.png

#33 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22965 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Goddammit Marvel Grant Morrison killed Quentin Quire for a reason stop hugging bringing him back

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#34 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:45 AM

Ya not thrilled about the Gen X cast. Jubes is about the only one I won't mind seeing back other than a tad bit of Quire... I at least liked when him and Wolverine went space gambling to fund the school.

Jean's title I'm actually interested in as I've not read much of Hopeless's work to be biased against him and I actually find young Jean the most interesting of the young O5 X-men. She's the only one who never got to meet her future self but sees all she did for everyone and this weird extended family she's suddenly inherited with Rachel, Nathan, and Nate (is X-man still running around?) while also knowing her own family have been wiped out by an alien race just for being in her same gene pool.

Weapon X is just Uncanny X-force 3.0 or 4.0 by now. I can't remember. I'm curious to see the dynamic between Old Man Logan and Nice Sabretooth.

But I'm still not happy at all about the Iceman retcon. no plans to touch that book anytime soon.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#35 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22965 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

(if you hadn't noticed by now i get annoyed at how marvel treats grant morrison's characters)

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#36 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Really, it seems like everyone likes Morrison's work but nobody actually understands what made it good, so they just emulate the most superficial aspects of it.

unknown.png

#37 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35134 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

The man made Magneto talk about how normal humans "don't really feel pain" and fed them into crematoriums.

People not getting HIS characters is poetic justice.

Edited by Razorsaw, 04 December 2016 - 11:54 AM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#38 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, there's a lot of Morrison's stuff that kkkkkinda sucks. (See: everything about his treatment of gender in... er, everything, but particularly The Invisibles.)

Also, he deliberately wrote a bad comic as the "draw" of Multiversity, which nerds love to gush over because it's, like, meta, bro!*

The main thing about Morrison's work that I'm glad for is that his Doom Patrol run led into a trans woman writing it and introducing an actual transgender hero, even if both Coagula and the run as a whole were promptly ignored by DC.

*Goddamn, now I'm wondering if my inability to be wowed by Weird Meta Comics was a result of reading Homestuck at such a tender age.

unknown.png

#39 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1249 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

The man made Magneto talk about how normal humans "don't really feel pain" and fed them into crematoriums.

People not getting HIS characters is poetic justice.

Which is completely appropriate for the hypocritical monster that Magneto is.

LOOKDOWN.png

#40 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Staff
  • 11032 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

The hypocritical monster that Morrison made him into?

Before that he was just a huge asshole, not someone who literally applied the tactics of his oppressors and committed industrial-scale murder.

unknown.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users