Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (29 May 2017 - 07:16 PM)

Is that why I found a Yamask in the cereal box?

@  Paladin : (29 May 2017 - 06:29 PM)

taste may vary from person to person.

@  Telly : (29 May 2017 - 06:03 PM)

soylent green toast crunch yummy yummy!

@  D Immortalis : (29 May 2017 - 05:47 PM)

since were pretty sure he ate the other bakers, i figure kids love it because it tastes like people...PEOPLE!

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 May 2017 - 04:07 PM)

But have you sighted why kids love the sweet taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunchâ„¢?

@  RichardT1977 : (29 May 2017 - 03:14 PM)

BTW: added a sighting to my recent TR Deluxe Wave 4 post (edited instead of double-posted).

@  Bass X0 : (28 May 2017 - 02:59 PM)

Back in my day, I called them "Mini-Spies".

@  Whirl Maximus : (28 May 2017 - 02:06 PM)

Think about the implications of it though, robots in disguise themselves infiltrated and paranoid by the recent shifts in the status quo.

@  unluckiness : (28 May 2017 - 07:47 AM)

I'm kinda glad. A couple tie-in stories aside, Secret Invasion was a mess.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2017 - 07:23 AM)

Almost makes you wonder if some of the aborted Micronauts relaunch concept didn't slip in...

@  Whirl Maximus : (28 May 2017 - 07:20 AM)

Titan Masters could quite easily have been Transformers: Secret invasion, the return of the Mini-cons/Stentarians but noooooo, it had to be whatever the pit it is.

@  Pennpenn : (28 May 2017 - 02:59 AM)

Fairly sure I used too much flour. Oh well.

@  Pennpenn : (28 May 2017 - 02:24 AM)

Scones in the oven.

@  Pennpenn : (28 May 2017 - 01:54 AM)

Considering whether it's worth the effort to make scones

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 May 2017 - 07:36 PM)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gundam-Breaker-3-BREAK-EDITION-English-PS4-Game-GOTY-Physical-Version-/142395861602?hash=item2127746a62:g:kb0AAOSw8lpZKS31

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 May 2017 - 07:36 PM)

TMM, free shipping

@  unluckiness : (27 May 2017 - 07:33 PM)

Even if it's just 4 bucks, people shouldn't be patronizing obvious scams.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 May 2017 - 05:37 PM)

What's the shipping price?

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 May 2017 - 05:18 PM)

Yeah, but it's cheaper than all the Hong Kong sellers running at $65+

@  2017 : (27 May 2017 - 05:07 PM)

It sounds like a scam.

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 May 2017 - 04:32 PM)

I know, RIGHT?!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 May 2017 - 04:23 PM)

Part of me is screaming "no", and part of me says "It's just four bucks, hit it and hope for the best".

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 May 2017 - 04:09 PM)

Hmmm,...do I take the chance on a copy of Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition for $4 from a China seller with zero feedback?

@  unluckiness : (27 May 2017 - 11:19 AM)

and collect cobwebs

@  Rycochet : (27 May 2017 - 11:06 AM)

Aside from getting stuck in bathtubs and getting eaten by family pets.

@  Bass X0 : (27 May 2017 - 10:10 AM)

Spider-Man toys don't do whatever a spider can either...

@  Pennpenn : (27 May 2017 - 04:38 AM)

Grax is only invisible when no one is looking at them. No idea what's wrong with your Xort.

@  Whirl Maximus : (27 May 2017 - 04:16 AM)

Titan Masters is filled with false advertising, Grax doesn't make any figure invisible and Xort doesn't do anything with gravity. Maybe they'll be in the Transformer toys of tomorrow which will be actual robots with AI.

@  Waspinator : (27 May 2017 - 02:19 AM)

So you can bite his shiny metal ass?

@  unluckiness : (27 May 2017 - 02:12 AM)

Any particular reason TLK Voyager Optimus has his ass painted silver?

@  Noideaforaname : (26 May 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Loki makes life interesting. "I HAVE A PLAN FOR GETTING BACK THOR'S HAMMER!! HE'LL NEED TO WEAR THIS WEDDING DRESS!"

@  Echowarrior : (26 May 2017 - 09:16 PM)

Thor was a great guy. Same as most of the Asgard. Loki was a jerk, though.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 May 2017 - 07:21 PM)

I think thor was just too smart to NOT call us stupid next to him.

@  Pennpenn : (26 May 2017 - 07:18 PM)

Six of one, half a dozen of the other?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 May 2017 - 07:17 PM)

I always interpreted that scene to mean that asgardians weren't capable of breaking down problems in the same way as humans.

@  Pennpenn : (26 May 2017 - 06:58 AM)

I mean, SG1 was a good show on balance. One of my favourite things was Thor admitting he found humans good to keep around because they so often came up with stupid ideas that nevertheless worked out.

@  Whirl Maximus : (26 May 2017 - 05:59 AM)

Those episodes were 1969 and 2010.

@  Whirl Maximus : (26 May 2017 - 05:59 AM)

Stargate sg1 was loosely based on the movie, it thrived on continuity it was impressive how old situations and solutions would come back in unexpected ways. Continuum had it's villain use the characters own solution in two previous episodes against them.

@  Pennpenn : (26 May 2017 - 05:39 AM)

And yeah, name is based on a part of my surname. Can't remember why I picked it. Lost to memories of the primordial early 2000s.

@  Pennpenn : (26 May 2017 - 05:37 AM)

Like how Abydos in the movie is in another galaxy on the far side of the universe, but Abydos in SG1 is the closest world to Earth (and that was the only reason the gate could still get there) and even getting to other galaxies was impossible with the normal gates.

@  Pennpenn : (26 May 2017 - 05:35 AM)

I was very tired when I said that, but what I meant was a lot of stuff that is in the original Stargate movie is contradicted a lot in Stargate SG1.

@  unluckiness : (26 May 2017 - 05:29 AM)

OBJECTION

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 May 2017 - 12:48 AM)

I remember a fanfic that had Swindle as Lawyer.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 May 2017 - 10:08 PM)

No, I am referring to before Beast Wars: Uprising. I swear Swindle was a lawyer in a story before "A Brush With Infamy".

@  Telly : (25 May 2017 - 09:47 PM)

i cant get the link to work for the life of me. just go to the wiki and type "a brush with infamy" in the search box and itll come up

@  Telly : (25 May 2017 - 09:40 PM)

grr. check the post above this one. stupid non working link and i cant delete shouts...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 May 2017 - 09:25 PM)

I swear I've read the story but now I forget which one it is.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 May 2017 - 09:25 PM)

When has G1 Swindle been a lawyer before?

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2017 - 07:20 PM)

All I know about PennPenn is he's so good they named him twice.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 May 2017 - 07:02 PM)

Nope.. Pennpenn is actually a Prinny dood!

Photo

DC Rebirth + Young Animal thread

DC Rebirth

18 replies to this topic

#1 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Anybody been reading any of Rebirth? I've been loving Green Arrow and New Super-Man, even if the art in the latter is a bit shonky at times. Doom Patrol is exactly the right level of weird, too, as is Shade the Changing Girl.

Generally the line as a whole looks promising; it feels like it's got a solid direction in a way that neither DC nor Marvel have had in recent years. Hopefully Marvel takes a few lessons from this, and hopefully they're the right ones (i.e. not "drop all diversity and tell the same stories over again").

Blue Beetle and Detective Comics - well, the entire Batman line, really - have been disappointing, though, which is a shame; those were the two books I was most interested in.

Edited by Broadside, 19 October 2016 - 12:09 PM.

card-rewind.jpg

#2 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3642 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

It will be a long time before I go back to a standard DCU book, but Young Animal is off to a great start. I think this looks to be the perfect Doom Patrol book (something many of us have been waiting a looooong time for!). Haven't checked out Shade but the first issue of Cave Carson was good too. Wonder Twins by Scioli is about the greatest thing I can imagine. 

76.jpg

#3 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:46 AM

Cave was good, but something about it just didn't grab me. I'll still be picking it up, but maybe not forever.

card-rewind.jpg

#4 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3642 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, I really only picked it up because I needed Zan and Jayna. 

76.jpg

#5 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

So, Wednesday's issue of the Flash (with classic Wally and kid Wally meeting) was actually great, and really heartwarming; huge step up from the boring Zolomon retread it had been previously. Here's hoping this is actually permanent improvement, and not just a weirdly good one-off like that Nova issue with the Captain.

I'm kind of feeling lukewarm on Rebirth as a whole, though; while it's good that pretty much all the books are okay to great, I'm really missing the weirder, more fringe-y titles from the New 52 and DC You. There's a reason that most of what I'm getting from DC is Young Animal, Flintstones, and the guilty pleasure of Sixpack and Dogwelder. The weirdest thing that "main" DC is doing is New Super-Man.

card-rewind.jpg

#6 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

King of Betrayal and Lust, Lord of Nothing but Dust

• Citizen
  • 3089 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

yeah but new super man is great for Chinese Bat-Man.

Daemon Immortalis:What would you live for, what would you lie for? What would you kill for, what would you die for?

Name something in life you might think twice to die for
No matter if it's right you take a knife and say goodbye for
Out the lights and say goodnight like nothing's left to try for
Out of mind and out of sight decide to close your eyes for

#7 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Citizen
  • 14121 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

I keep having to pronounce the hyphens in those names. Like "the Bat hyphen Man of China".

I forgot that spaghetti was a pasta really.

#8 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

yeah but new super man is great for Chinese Bat-Man.

Oh, absolutely. Honestly, the Chinese Trinity are some of my favourite characters in comics recently.

The FFoC have really cool designs, too, and I like that Folding Paper Man doubles as their Doll Man and Plastic Man.

card-rewind.jpg

#9 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

So, hey, other than that... other thing... that happened today, there were also comics.

Mother Panic! ...I wasn't feeling it. It was just a kind of underwhelming mix-up of Batman and Punisher. Great art, but I don't think I'll be following this one.

Doom Patrol, meanwhile, is going from strength to strength. I think this is gonna be one of my comics of the year. That "Danny Comics" interlude? MAN.

Spoiler

New Super-Man is still the best of the Rebirth titles. You really get the feeling that Baixi was waiting for a while to use the "I'm Bat-Man" phrase.

card-rewind.jpg

#10 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

King of Betrayal and Lust, Lord of Nothing but Dust

• Citizen
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

loved doom patrol..its just...the right kind of weird and fun. Also, notice that Flex is the only non-danny based comic in the store.

Mother Panic was good too...i like the story so far, but i hate the art. Like Nghthawk over at marvel, its just not my kind of art. The Gotham Radio backup was fun, but all I could think about while reading it was "look at that Robin costume...where and when does this take place?"...because that was clearly a Pre-flashpoint original Robin suit.

Daemon Immortalis:What would you live for, what would you lie for? What would you kill for, what would you die for?

Name something in life you might think twice to die for
No matter if it's right you take a knife and say goodbye for
Out the lights and say goodnight like nothing's left to try for
Out of mind and out of sight decide to close your eyes for

#11 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3642 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

Priest?! Priest is writing Deathstroke?!

Checked out the first issue because man, that dude can write. Don't give a crap about Deathstroke, but for Priest I'm there. It didn't blow me away but it was solid and I'll probably give it another issue or two at least.

76.jpg

#12 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

I've heard a lot of praise for Deathstroke, but didn't bother because... well, it's Deathstroke. Worth checking out?

card-rewind.jpg

#13 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3642 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:46 PM

I'm not sure I'd be confident in recommending it after just the initial oneshot, but it's Priest, so I'm fairly happy to assume that once it gets going it has a good chance of being literally the best book DC is publishing.

But I'm with you. I mean... Deathstroke. Of course, I used to feel the same way about Black Panther and Priest pushed him into my top 5 favourite Marvel characters. So.

76.jpg

#14 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:13 AM

Man, today's New Super-Man absolutely pulls out all the stops. Character development for Kenan? Correlating his powers - and the S-shape on his chest - with the bagua trigrams? And most of all...

Spoiler

If you read one DC comic, it's got to be this one, because wow.

(Also, the new "villain" Alpaca is apparently based on the "Grass Mud Horse" meme, which is pretty great.)

card-rewind.jpg

#15 Devcon

Devcon

Notable, apparently

• Retired Staff
  • 11319 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

decided to try JLA Rebirth because *Real* Lobo (aka the non-Twilight-Sissy-Faux-Bo) is in it, and he's luckily sufficiently Main-Man-Like for the moment.

Could have used more "Feetal's Gizz!" shouts though. But it's good to have the Main Man back.
With many thanks to Alex Milne for the new Dragnet Avatar!

#16 Daith

Daith

United, our roar will level Mountains!

• Supporter
  • 7608 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

I've only checked out Titans mainly and the first few issues of Superwoman. The bait and switch on the Superwoman book didn't sit well with meand I dropped it after issue 2. Titans has me with my fondness for the characters from the tv series and the fact that the Wally I know is one of the members plus the whole mystery of the Watchmen thing going on. Though not much has happened on the latter part. But my first three DC comics were parts 1,2,and 4 of Wally's "Year One" story in the Ninety's. Wally has always been my favorite DC hero since.

And while it is part of the Rebirth but I really don't consider Batman Beyond as part of it. Sadly even though I'm glad Terry's back I really don't like the post apocalyptic future Gotham being the last bastion of humanity angle they have had since beginning Tim's tenure as the Bat of Tomorrow. And the latest issues new suit has me really hoping it doesn't last long. Adding more red lines doesn't make it look any cooler.

Oh and I think I checked out the first Superman issue with Damien trying to take on Jon Kent. That was just out of curiosity.

3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#17 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 7027 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:00 AM

All I want in life is a "Lobo vs Lobo" miniseries where classic Lobo and New52 Lobo (played as a parody of anime bishonen heroes) repeatedly murder each other in hilarious ways.

card-rewind.jpg

#18 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3642 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:33 AM

Lobo, proper Lobo, good Lobo, is one of those things... I shouldn't like him, but he's just too gosh darn loveable. Doing right by Lobo should absolutely be a priority for DC in this Deadpool-obsessed world.

76.jpg

#19 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3642 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

So after significant delays, Doom Patrol is on an axey hiatus for a while after issue six (which hits April 29 but was due in Feb). Apparently 7-9 will be resolicited at some point in the future, but we'll see. 

https://www.bleeding...ancelled-6-now/

76.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DC, Rebirth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users