Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (22 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

Nah, they could tell by the lack of the very distinctive dialogue delivery. They just didn't want to be mean.

@  Dracula : (22 August 2017 - 08:42 AM)

Moon base is fine. I knew the castle was a total loss so I gave Olrox my best cape and told him he could have the throne room. The damn belmonts couldn't tell the difference

@  Pennpenn : (22 August 2017 - 06:39 AM)

It's probably because that's a direct quote rather than an attempt to self censor

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 August 2017 - 06:26 AM)

"shit" isn't filtered anymore

@  Donocropolis : (22 August 2017 - 05:51 AM)

Elvis doesn't do sh*t.

@  Pennpenn : (22 August 2017 - 03:38 AM)

Fine, though Elvis has a bit of a headache.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 August 2017 - 03:27 AM)

How's his moon base?

@  Waspinator : (21 August 2017 - 11:02 PM)

Thankfully, Dracula's castle didn't escape the eclipse this time.

@  Nevermore : (21 August 2017 - 09:41 PM)

In retaliation, President Trump threatens to nuke the moon.

@  Nevermore : (21 August 2017 - 09:40 PM)

This just in: ISIS claims responsibility for the eclipse.

@  Diecast : (21 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Which left like a hundred disappointed middle schoolers.

@  Diecast : (21 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Where I'm located got 95% eclipse. Which lacked a worthwhile climax. I really should have driven into it, but I planned on going to my science teacher wife's school thing that got cancelled last minute.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 August 2017 - 03:44 PM)

I was considering trying to get the day off for it and driving down south to the US far enough that I could see the total eclipse, but after looking into it it seems like there's another total eclipse coming up in 2024 where the totality will be visible just 45 minutes south-west of me, so I figure I'll wait it out

@  Bass X0 : (21 August 2017 - 03:30 PM)

don't worry, social media didn't.

@  MEDdMI : (21 August 2017 - 02:59 PM)

shoot... I forgot all about the eclipse.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 August 2017 - 02:36 PM)

lewd

@  Bass X0 : (21 August 2017 - 01:30 PM)

i wanted a peek at the sun's peak too.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 August 2017 - 01:02 PM)

Just caught a peak of the 'bitten' sun. COOL!!

@  Noideaforaname : (21 August 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I got my cereal box eclipse viewer ready. Hopefully these clouds part...

@  Dracula : (21 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

well I'm supposed to be permanently sealed in a dimensional rift today so I've gotta stay on guard

@  Diecast : (21 August 2017 - 09:38 AM)

Any of you nerds going outside today?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 August 2017 - 07:52 AM)

"Would have been?" Isn't he still on the Batgirl thing?

@  unluckiness : (21 August 2017 - 07:46 AM)

It probably wouldn't be worse but it sure would have been really samey to everything else he's done.

@  Paladin : (21 August 2017 - 06:42 AM)

i am still not convinced he could do a worse job with Batgirl than Bruce Timm already did.

@  Pennpenn : (21 August 2017 - 03:42 AM)

The thing to remember about Madman is that they are often more enthusiastic than they are reliable.

@  2017 : (21 August 2017 - 12:01 AM)

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised.

@  Maruten : (20 August 2017 - 10:13 PM)

This stuff I think. http://www.vulture.c...-hypocrite.html

@  Confuzor : (20 August 2017 - 10:05 PM)

The what now?

@  2017 : (20 August 2017 - 09:39 PM)

This news about Joss Whedon sure was a thing to wake up to.

@  Sabrblade : (20 August 2017 - 06:59 PM)

To back up to the original question about Scramble City's existence in regards to the English-language cartoon continuity, the pack-in comic that came with the Australian DVD boxed set released by Madman did feature a timeline of events that included a point in history titles "Scramble City", so that comic may at least want us to "pretend" that Scramble City happened in the cartoon continuity. But then again, that same comic also used the Marvel Comics' asteroid crisis as the true reason for the Ark's launch, and included the Beast Wars as being unambiguously part of this timeline, so make of that comic's timeline what you will.

@  NightViper : (20 August 2017 - 09:16 AM)

And unlike Takara's JG1 that has been steadily evolving and passing itself down from writer to writer in more-or-less smooth transition, anyone going back now to Hasbro's G1 does feel a bit more like changing history rather than reviving or continuing it.

@  NightViper : (20 August 2017 - 09:11 AM)

Editors at Fun Pub didn't feel it was right to try to "fix" or otherwise change or alter other writers' works. Which is why everything Fun Pub-written became its own stream (Animated was written by the same creative team as the show, so it's one of the very few stories still set in its original continuity). So rather than write words into the original creative team's mouths, Wings only sought to offer one possible solution to the Constructicons weirdness.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 August 2017 - 08:24 PM)

Too bad there weren't that many Wings stories. On the other hand, JG1 is still continuing with stories!

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 06:10 PM)

Wings is obviously not cartoon continuity, but is heavily indebted to it.

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Basically what my original point was that continuities based on the original cartoon but not actually a part of it have used what Pennpenn originally said.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 05:42 PM)

I get what you mean, but the wording is awful. It's not possible for Wings to "alter" or "destroy" something it was never part of, nor really interacted with.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 05:40 PM)

It didn't "alter the existing continuity". It's an entirely new one that left the cartoon's continuity exactly as it ever was.

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 05:24 PM)

didn't it take the original cartoon continuity but change parts of it to make a new continuity? i said i'd have preferred it stayed within the original cartoon continuity instead of altering the existing continuity. thats what i would have done. stories would have been written around the existing stories.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 04:24 PM)

Wings can't "destroy it even further" when it was never the cartoon continuity in the first place.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2017 - 03:57 PM)

The problem is that it isn't really fixable without redoing it from the ground up. Or going into insane retcons and rewrites, which A) is about the same thing, and B) is kinda Takara's thing.

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 03:22 PM)

I find its better to fix a broken continuity than to destroy it even further.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2017 - 03:06 PM)

The cartoon couldn't even stay consistent with the cartoon, so why worry when something else can't, either?

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I never connected with the whole "Wings is similar to the cartoon continuity but several things are different" thing they had going on. they should really have done it so that it stayed in continuity with the cartoon but focused on the off-screen events prior, during and after the cartoon stories.

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Not like it's ever relevant anyway.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 10:00 AM)

I mean, it doesn't make sense otherwise, regardless of how official particular fiction is.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 09:57 AM)

Wings is officially not really cartoon continuity, though.

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 09:55 AM)

@Pennpenn: There is some fiction that does actually use the whole "they were rebuilt on Earth" explanation. The Fun Pub Wings stuff comes to mind.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 08:36 AM)

Oh absolutely

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 05:00 AM)

point is, the cartoon's continuity was hugged to begin with.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 03:53 AM)

My brain usually parses that as "Constructicons built him on contract or something so weren't evil then, and Megatron meant rebuilt in Heavy Metal War". Yeah it's a stretch, but whatever

Photo
- - - - -

Live Action Movie rereleases from Takara

120 replies to this topic

#21 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

WAHAHAHA! EH HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!

• Staff
  • 31393 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

I like the 2007 Voyager. It's got an intuitive transformation that accomplishes a a lot and BBOP inherits a lot of the Leader's fiddliness, the only major consolation being he doesn't keep introducing himself.

That leg transformation may be one of the crowning achievements of the 07 Movie line.

Another thing I like about the 07 mold is the detail. I think it wears a premium paint job better than the 2010 mold. The 2010 mold may have more accurate proportions but the detailing is weirdly soft. It's not a very good looking toy.
detail.jpg

#22 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10003 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

I have a soft spot for the 2007 leader Optimus mold, not so much the voyager. The HFTD voyager certainly is fiddly, though.

#23 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 58884 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

http://snakas.blog95...entry-5518.html

Edited by Powered Convoy, 13 October 2016 - 06:39 AM.

#24 Fishbug

Fishbug

TAX BILLS

• Citizen
  • 11603 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

That sure is a figure without the dropped features.

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#25 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 11937 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

I have a soft spot for the 2007 leader Optimus mold, not so much the voyager. The HFTD voyager certainly is fiddly, though.

I really love that original Leader Optimus. I know it doesn't represent the movie model as well as the ROTF-and-on Leader at all, but it's more fun as a toy and in absolute terms just a big fun chunky '88-style toy.

#26 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 6510 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

The listing at BBTS says Soundwave is the Human Alliance one. I'm not familiar enough with the toy to tell.

Maybe I'm the only person, but I really like the the inaccurate deco on ROTF Voyager Megs. It's way more interesting than his actual movie colors. That one was the only movie megs in my collection for a long time.

I love that deco. It's not quite the "realistic" weathering you see on some toys, but more of a lurid, comic booky interpretation of weathered metal, and it really works. I gave that toy up when I was aggressively purging toys from my collection, but he's one of the very few I'll probably repurchase.

I really love that original Leader Optimus. I know it doesn't represent the movie model as well as the ROTF-and-on Leader at all, but it's more fun as a toy and in absolute terms just a big fun chunky '88-style toy.

It's a great Optimus Prime. If the feet were less fiddly he'd be my favorite Optimus of all time.

#27 unluckiness

unluckiness

Dogoo-der

• Citizen
  • 14969 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

I don't know what the heck Megatron's supposed to be doing there but it looks really cool.

i0E0W0o.png

#28 Megatoron

Megatoron
  • Citizen
  • 428 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

Funana pose, Bay style, super cool.

#29 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35594 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

It really is.  It felt absolutely like a natural progression from Cybertron figures, too.  Like, if there hadn't been a movie, I think we'd still have seen a similar figure with boxes instead of curves.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#30 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3161 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

The listing at BBTS says Soundwave is the Human Alliance one. I'm not familiar enough with the toy to tell.

Maybe I'm the only person, but I really like the the inaccurate deco on ROTF Voyager Megs. It's way more interesting than his actual movie colors. That one was the only movie megs in my collection for a long time.

I love that deco. It's not quite the "realistic" weathering you see on some toys, but more of a lurid, comic booky interpretation of weathered metal, and it really works. I gave that toy up when I was aggressively purging toys from my collection, but he's one of the very few I'll probably repurchase.

It's a great Optimus Prime. If the feet were less fiddly he'd be my favorite Optimus of all time.

I loved the teal version. Night Attack or something. That was an awesome figure. Not sure what I did with mine. 

bks_zps1odc4m2q.jpg

NEEDS: Beast Wars II DRILLNUTS (seriously)

My Wants List

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs
My feedback

#31 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12458 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

Night Watch. And yup, I wish we could see that color scheme on more things.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#32 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 15764 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

The feet on mine lost the ability to stay transformed not long after I got it, which is a little depressing.

#33 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35594 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

The feet on mine lost the ability to stay transformed not long after I got it, which is a little depressing.

What did you do to the feet?  If we're talking about the same one, there's not a whole lot to break there unless you were prying out the toes instead of swiveling the bumper half around or something.

#34 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 15764 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

The bumper pieces kept swiveling back into truck mode position, if I recall correctly.

#35 roborobspringer

roborobspringer

Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead.

• Citizen
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

I'm pretty tempted to get that Soundwave. Kinda wish they'd include Wheeljack/Q and Dino/Mirage in the lineup, but I guess that's not too much of a big deal.

#36 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 18792 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:45 PM

The bumper pieces kept swiveling back into truck mode position, if I recall correctly.

That's how mine is.  The springs in the feet can eventually wear out the locking notches that keep the bumper in place, so the feet just pop back with little provocation.

#37 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

WAHAHAHA! EH HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!

• Staff
  • 31393 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

I don't know what the heck Megatron's supposed to be doing there but it looks really cool.

Trying to hide how huge the kibble really is.

It's a shame the kibble's not detachable because it's otherwise an excellent representation of that Megatron. I know people have a soft spot for the green, but the movie colors make it easier to appreciate just how good the likeness is.

#38 Dracula

Dracula

Clip and Save!

• Staff
  • 3704 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

I *love* the green! It was a perfect 'zombie'/patina color, the shade a robot that's been dead at the bottom of the ocean should be.

Still wish we had gotten that version that had crabs and barnacles and things painted on...

I...didn't know about that version. 

Yup I feel that way about the 07 leader too. I got it in a big bin of toys as a gift, and I was surprised at how fun it is. So I keep it for that and I have BBOP as my model-accurate Prime. I enjoy 07 leader Megs too, but I wouldn't say he's as good of a toy as OP.

Edited by Dracula, 14 October 2016 - 08:55 AM.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#39 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

With a lactating basilisk and a K-sized Sharoda!

• Citizen
  • 4343 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:42 AM

A lot of these are good, if obvious, redecos, and it's a decent "greatest hits" lineup of the films. Though I wonder if there's an audience for this stuff anymore. I feel like I've mostly moved on, though some of these are tempting.

So we haaaave....

-Evasion Mode Optimus in a new deco, in his red and blue colors, but weathered.

-DOTM Deluxe 'bee, only with some kind of Gatling Gun weapon instead of his Mechtech (anyone recognize it?)

-The long-awaited ROTF Voyager Megs movie-accurate redeco. (This is attempt #3 at a release, right? Watch this get cancelled, too).

-A DOTM Voyager Shockwave re-release? Maybe a metallic deco?

-HFTD Deluxe Ironhide, probably in some kind of premium deco.

-What looks like DOTM Deluxe Ratchet repainted into his Movie 1/2 colors, with a tiny pistol instead of his Mechtech (again, anyone recognize it?)

-A DOTM Deluxe Soundwave re-release, minus accessories? (Yay for rarity, boo for lack of weapon)

-Some use of the ROTF Starscream mold, which I'm guessing will be in Movie 1 colors

-A voyager Grimlock with a mini Optimus rider?

-A Voyager Strafe, also with a mini Bumblebee rider

-ROTF Buster Prime, only with his DOTM Abs retool, a single sword from the Asia Release, and the faceplate on.

Mmkay, having been obsessed with Movie toys for quite some time, here' s my attempt to answer some questions and clarify:

Evasion Mode Prime with COVETED FACEPLATE WOO! There were only, like, 2 versions of of this mold with faceplates that were hell to get, one at WalMart and one that was "Rusty Ver." in Japan. This one has a faceplate as well as a more accurate deco versus the other battle damaged versions that just white-washed him. So... yay!

Looks like a weapon off of one of the DOTM Roadbuster or Topspin toys. Could be new though.

I hope not, I'm def getting this one!

Looks like movie-accurate deco.

Yeah, minus accessory too. This mold was crap. Pass.

Weapons definitely from DOTM Deluxe Topspin.

HA Soundwave re-release minus Lazerbeak and Gould dude.... and with A NEW HEAD! The original HA SW had a visor, this one it seems like doesn't. Might totes get this one too.

Looks like it, and it does NOT look like they will be using the pre-tooling with the fold-open launchers; they still look like a solid piece with the forearms.

A deluxe Strafe (there was no Voyager version).

Edited by Megaplex Prime, 14 October 2016 - 09:43 AM.

I'm drunk, leave me alone. :drunk

#40 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35594 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:31 AM

HA Soundwave re-release minus Lazerbeak and Gould dude.... and with A NEW HEAD! The original HA SW had a visor, this one it seems like doesn't. Might totes get this one too.

It's the same head, just with a drastically different paint job.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users