Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 October 2018 - 12:09 PM)

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/10/16/youtube-experiences-widespread-outage/ Just one of several stories about it.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 October 2018 - 11:59 AM)

*groan* Morons.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 October 2018 - 11:48 AM)

Yep.

@  MEDdMI : (17 October 2018 - 11:45 AM)

people were calling 911 about YouTube being down?

@  MEDdMI : (17 October 2018 - 11:45 AM)

....what

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 October 2018 - 11:39 AM)

Apparently some people freaked out so much they called 911.

@  Pennpenn : (17 October 2018 - 07:33 AM)

I was at work when it happened I guess.

@  Paladin : (17 October 2018 - 07:18 AM)

disappeared completely up its own asshole.

@  Pennpenn : (17 October 2018 - 02:14 AM)

Youtube was gone?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 October 2018 - 11:53 PM)

I actually agree with you MEDdMI, or at least be creative. x.x

@  MEDdMI : (16 October 2018 - 11:29 PM)

Death threats are boring. Get to know the person, then torment them with stuff that really gets under their skin. *evil grin*

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 October 2018 - 10:18 PM)

YouTube is back!

@  Waspinator : (16 October 2018 - 09:55 PM)

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 October 2018 - 09:27 PM)

BTW for the three of you who haven't discovered yet, YouTube is down.

@  Telly : (16 October 2018 - 08:05 PM)

maybe this is that persons first death threat, and the creativity will come with more experiance

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 October 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Nah. Or at least not near as creative as some of them I've got. This one was a basic "If I ever see you IRL I'll slit you're throat."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 October 2018 - 06:00 PM)

was it at least a creative threat?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 October 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Speaking of which.. Got a deaththeat today on an other messageboard. :D

@  Shockwave 75 : (16 October 2018 - 07:14 AM)

Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pidgeon; no matter what you do it's going to shit on the board and strut around like it won.

@  Pennpenn : (16 October 2018 - 05:48 AM)

Well, there is also the fact that the person you're arguing against won't accept the authority as neutral (or valid or credible) unless they agree with everything that person says.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 October 2018 - 05:35 AM)

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2018 - 05:21 AM)

Anyone who's ever argued with dumbasses on the internet knows how stubborn and persistent they can be. Dozens of people can tell them they're wrong, and they' just stick their fingers in their ears and go "na na can't hear you!"

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2018 - 05:19 AM)

Especially if its a bet about an objective truth. Chances are, you provide overwhelming evidence for your position, the dumbass won't accept your evidence or will just change the rules and then claim the money you allegedly owe him.

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2018 - 05:17 AM)

I've just been reminded of a life lesson: Never take a bet with a dumbass unless there's a neutral authority accepted by both sides that will decide on the winner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 October 2018 - 03:42 AM)

Peace was never an option.

@  Waspinator : (16 October 2018 - 02:03 AM)

The war between the cerapods and the theropods continues to the modern era

@  Waspinator : (15 October 2018 - 11:51 PM)

The parrot, once I stopped pressing the button on the toy. It might have gone on forever otherwise.

@  Foffy : (15 October 2018 - 11:43 PM)

Depends. Who won?

@  Waspinator : (15 October 2018 - 11:37 PM)

Should I be worried that my 40-year-old parrot got into a roaring contest with a Jurassic World toy?

@  Paladin : (15 October 2018 - 04:38 PM)

was the bride's name Sarah Connor?

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 October 2018 - 04:38 PM)

A sawed off shotgun is fairly easy to conceal. Of course, they're also illegal.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 October 2018 - 04:19 PM)

Maybe they wear a really, really baggy coat.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2018 - 04:10 PM)

I don't wanna think about the body type where a SHOTGUN is concealed carry.

@  MEDdMI : (15 October 2018 - 04:08 PM)

"If there any objections-" *Both sides pull out ridiculous amounts of weapons against each other*

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 October 2018 - 03:57 PM)

Someone else quips in the comments, "I have heard of a shotgun wedding, but this is ridiculous!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 October 2018 - 03:57 PM)

I saw a random shipost on Facebook. Evidently, there are people in the U.S. who have to ask wedding guests not to bring their concealed-carry weapons.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 October 2018 - 07:09 AM)

Hey.. I tried to say that google game streaming actually works pretty good... Now if that's depressing, that's a WHOLE nother ball of wax. ;D

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2018 - 06:29 AM)

The box is being used exactly as it was meant to: for random conversation. If it's depressing it's because the group whom use it is neither oblivious or stupid and we happen to be discussing depressing things.

@  fourteenwings : (15 October 2018 - 12:27 AM)

I'm starting to feel like the box is being used in lieu of actual serious threads (not to be terrible but seeing this as soon as you get on the forums is depressing).

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 October 2018 - 10:35 PM)

It's shameful that randos in richer countries pretend like it's not happening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 October 2018 - 10:35 PM)

Small island countries are already sinking below sea level and being consumed by the ocean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 10:28 PM)

Which is why poorer countries are some of the ones most worried at this point, I imagine. Wealthy countries like the US, Canada, etc won't feel the effects nearly as soon

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2018 - 10:05 PM)

Realistically: there doesn't have to be truly catastrophic impacts to screw us all over. Frequent enough storms will disrupt our infrastructure, which will hobble our ability to rebuild quickly and cause pretty big backslides in quality of life. I don't mean "oh no, I can't charge my iphone", more like "dysentery is as common as the flu because the resources just aren't there to clean the water anymore".

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 10:03 PM)

If no, then procrastinate some more

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 10:03 PM)

Well, the most important question: is it going to stop me getting some drive thru at McDonald's?

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2018 - 09:21 PM)

It's kinda nuts seeing insurance ads tell everyone multiple 500-year storms a year is the new normal, but the general attitude over is still at best *shrug*.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 October 2018 - 08:18 PM)

Sad thing is... Boomers are still leaving their vile taint on a lot of the younger generation.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 08:08 PM)

Certainly the boomers won't live to see it, and they're the worst generation for not giving a shit

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 08:08 PM)

We're seeing some of it, yeah, but very likely all the truly catastrophic impacts will hit once most of us are dead

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2018 - 07:46 PM)

Stupid thing is: We ARE seeing results in our lifetime, but it's still slow enough that we, as a culture, are willing to ignore it despite what the scientists are saying.

Photo
- - - - -

IDW Hasbro Wiki thread

1295 replies to this topic

#41 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22186 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

Ascendron is my go to guy but i don't want to force it upon him.

Maybe Zodberg.

Edited by Verity Carlo, 29 September 2016 - 03:32 PM.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#42 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1616 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

I've been needing an excuse to read IDW's Joe books. And Jem and the Holograms.

#43 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9114 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

Oh yeah, that reminds me - forget if we've explicitly said it, but Jem can indeed totally go on here, since it's kinda-sorta-maybe part of the universe.

Edited by Jalaguy, 29 September 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#44 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1616 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

Given the words of IDW Editors and the evidence of a Misfits poster in Action Man #3, to me that's a confirmed yes-it-is.

No Ponies though. 

#45 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22186 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

Thank god.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#46 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1616 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

Went ahead and made a Rom character page (because who else was I gonna make first?). Figured it was cool to copy some stuff from TF, but added a bit of info from the main series, like him tracing Wraith Colton to Portland rather than just showing up there (since we already know Colton is a Wraith in his series).

Edited by DanielAdkins, 29 September 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#47 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1861 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

Regarding Jem, the book's writer has said that she doesn't imagine any Jem cameos in Revolution-verse books as being the Jem from her comic.

https://1979semifina...is-whole-hasbro

So, for my “canon money” when Jem easter eggs pop up in other things for the crossover (or beyond) that suggest Jem is “a thing” in that world, then I just pretend/assume that those are like alternate reality Jems and not OUR Jems since those worlds don’t necessarily gel with the very otherwise normal/realistic world that we’ve created for our Jems. ;)

#48 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1616 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

And in looking for a quote for a counterargument I discover this.

Also unlikely to appear are Jem and the Holograms, whose IDW comic is frequently hailed as a reboot done right. “I think our plan is to treat it like Jem exists in the overall bigger universe, but I wouldn’t say that Rom and the Micronauts exist in Jem‘s universe,” clarifies Ryall. “What I mean is, you could hear—you might see a character singing the lyrics to a Jem song, or something like that—or wearing a Jem t-shirt, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to have Transformers and Snake Eyes show up in the Jem comic. I think that would just betray everything that the fans like about that book.”

So... *shrugs*. Honestly, I don't care if we cover it or not.

Edited by DanielAdkins, 29 September 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#49 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10539 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

If it's basically "all the events of Jem take place in the IDWverse but Jem is also its own universe" we really might as well. It's not like anyone else is going to be covering it.

#50 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1616 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

Well, there is the Jem Wiki. http://jem.wikia.com/ 

#51 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25878 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

If it's basically "all the events of Jem take place in the IDWverse but Jem is also its own universe" we really might as well. It's not like anyone else is going to be covering it.

I don't think we can really derive that from the comments made, though. I think all we can assume is that there are versions of the Jem characters in the Revolutionverse. The extent to which they match up with the versions of the characters in the Jem comic isn't specified.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25986 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

I took the statements to mean "Jem is a thing that exists in the IDWverse, but it's not necessarily the same Jem as the Jem depicted in the IDW Jem comics, which exist as a separate universe."

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#53 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10539 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Well. Frankly, if they're not going to cross over enough for there to be major conflicts, does it matter?

#54 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1644 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

A exists in B. B doesn't exist in A. Seems pretty straightforward to me. 

-JimS

#55 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15766 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:40 PM

Well. Frankly, if they're not going to cross over enough for there to be major conflicts, does it matter?

If they're not going to cross over, though, doesn't that make them not part of the IDW Hasbroverse? I assume this new wiki isn't covering the Hama continuation of the Marvel GI Joe universe, is it?

#56 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10539 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:09 AM

Well, there's already stuff like a poster of the IDW Misfits showing up in Action Man.
I just feel like if word of god on the matter is inconsistent, and we have easter eggs indicating a connection, why not?

Edited by Broadside, 30 September 2016 - 03:08 AM.

#57 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16423 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:02 AM

Yeah, word of God is basically "the IDW Hasbro Universe contains them but they'll likely remain cameo level only, where the JEM Book Universe does not contain the rest cause it would screw-up the world/tone."

I think that's enough to include them as a concept if you wanted.

-ZacWilliam, would honestly be more interested in this wiki if it was less IDW centric and included more old school 80s Toon/Go-Bots type stuff anyway so take my opinion as you will.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 30 September 2016 - 05:02 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#58 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9114 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:47 AM

My intent, at least, is for this to be essentially be a companion to TFWiki's coverage of the Transformers IDW Hasbroverse stuff, rather than a wholly independent entity. Something somebody could click through to if they want the broader picture of what Rom was doing when he's not guest-starring in Transformers books. Especially for something starting from scratch like this, I think it's best to maintain a tight focus just so that it has any kind of chance of being comprehensive at some point.

I mean, expand it to a "any old shit that Hasbro owns" wiki, and that puts, for instance, every G.I. Joe comic and episode and so on ever published within its remit, right? We'll be lucky if we ever put together decent coverage of just the IDWverse ones.

But as I said before, whilst I wouldn't be super-interested in regular contribution, I would absolutely be willing to put the nuts and bolts together for a GoBots wiki or whatever if people asked me to, once this wiki has hashed out what all the essential templates and stuff are. For realsies, people-who-are-into-GoBots, no more excuses!

Edited by Jalaguy, 30 September 2016 - 06:51 AM.

#59 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9127 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, I mean, any kind of "expanded Hasbroverse wiki" notionally has to include COPS, Inhumanoids, the Jem cartoon, probably Visionaries... you gotta draw the line. (Not that I wager I'll be contributing to this wiki in any notable way, just chiming in.)

Edited by Chris McFeely, 30 September 2016 - 07:11 AM.

#60 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25878 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

So, weird question. Is this meant to be a "complete" Revolution-except-Transformers wiki, or is it purely auxilliary to TFWiki?

Specific example: will IDW Hasbro Wiki have a full Revolution #1 article, or is that considered redundant since it merits full coverage on TFWiki?

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users