Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 01:35 AM)

Sad to say, I'll likely be picking up The Last Knight this week. If nothing else, it should look fantastic on 4K Blu-Ray, and my 4K OLED is still new enough I'm willing to watch things I hate if they look stunning

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Yeah, I picked it up last time when it got the 3-D conversion re-release treatment

@  Pennpenn : (25 September 2017 - 12:57 AM)

To be honest I think I'd rather a copy of The Lion King over a copy of The Last Knight, and I already own a copy of the Lion King on bluray...

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 12:36 AM)

I spent some time looking for a thread about The Lion King before I figured out the movie you actually meant

@  Noideaforaname : (24 September 2017 - 11:47 PM)

I kinda want to post in that "Win TLK on Blu-Ray" thread, but I don't want to actually win...

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2017 - 06:29 PM)

well TS to the toy gods. Website went back up, and I ordered it anyway. Wasn't even for me, it was for my brother...

@  Telly : (24 September 2017 - 05:50 PM)

its the toy gods telling you that you dont need whatever it was you were gonna order

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2017 - 02:49 PM)

Arrrg! Just as I was about to make my first purchase from BBTS in years: their website up and dies on me.

@  Msol : (24 September 2017 - 02:35 PM)

Picked up Slugslinger. Awesome figure except for some unfortunate mold degradation. His fists are so loose and held just by friction. Hopefully they don't start falling out randomly.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 September 2017 - 11:21 AM)

Probably in October/November as retailer flush out everything they can to make Christmas sales

@  Echowarrior : (24 September 2017 - 10:35 AM)

Will Thermidor and PRiD Twinferno ever hit US retail?

@  BlackMax : (23 September 2017 - 01:28 PM)

Found Infernocus at the local TrU today, he's still TFP Legion Abominus for sure, but metal as hug. Pretty cool for $5 more than a Voyager.

@  Shrug : (23 September 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Your PS3s traded souls.

@  2017 : (23 September 2017 - 07:04 AM)

Oh, odd coincidence, this afternoon my PS3 wasn't turning on. I seem to have fixed it tho.

@  Pennpenn : (23 September 2017 - 06:21 AM)

Oh great, my PS3 stopped reading discs. Brilliant.

@  BlackMax : (22 September 2017 - 08:38 PM)

Nope, that is a keen idea though. My team was Sentinel-Hulk-Haggar, Team Huge.

@  Bass X0 : (22 September 2017 - 02:17 PM)

Did anyone have a Prime team in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 consisting of Sentinel, Nova and Nemesis?

@  Robowang : (21 September 2017 - 10:06 PM)

Ok, I can't find the "Savage on a Ravage" pic that soneone pisted. Can anyone link me to it?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM)

I'm also sure you don't sparkle like a disco ball, otherwise someone woulda run you over by now.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

anyway I don't die in sunlight, I just get tired.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

correct

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 11:46 AM)

I'm pretty sure most vampires would cause a gremlin infestation just for the giggles.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Hmm, a vampire would have a hell of a hard time getting rid of a Gremlin infestation, wouldn't he?

@  OrionPax44 : (21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM)

Well then there's yellowing but isn't that all of them. I like to leave all my TF's in a hot car all day long to let all their joints turn to jelly.

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM)

what about sunlight??

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM)

KAIJU NOT FOR SALE

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM)

don't get any water on your trypticon, and don't feed him after midnight.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM)

I've had mine for two weeks with no problems. Just don't be a hamfist with it.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM)

assuming they survive transport...

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 07:37 AM)

quiet you!

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM)

and the hips should break by Wednesday/.

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

@  Darknova4life : (20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM)

@ Robowang, Where is TR Ramhorn available for $16?

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 07:31 AM)

Besides spotty, this is the first time I've consistently seen reships of older waves months after the next 2/3 waves show up.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM)

No kidding spotty. Haven't seen of the recent waves, and I desperately want a seaspray for my brother.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 07:05 AM)

Distribution is so spotty these days that I've given in and just started ordering everything. I'm probably going to wind up with a $16 Ramhorn, too.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM)

So they've been out at regular retail hit and miss for awhile.

Photo

Fus-Roh-DUY! (noob has Skyrim)

684 replies to this topic

#1 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5074 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

Hey all.  Found Skyrim at Wal-mart.  Wonderin if any of y'all have any tips for a noob who's yet to unwrap it?

I'd really like to know how to mine 4 fish.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#2 Caboo

Caboo

Dinosorceror

• Supporter
  • 20633 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

Did you get the PC version?

If not, return it immediately. If you like the game mods will expand its lifetime at least tenfold, if not more.

#3 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5074 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

360 version with all the DLC.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#4 Caboo

Caboo

Dinosorceror

• Supporter
  • 20633 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:18 PM

I guess I'm assuming you have a computer good enough to run Skyrim, so if not I apologize.

I only suggest returning it in favor of the PC version because you said it was unopened, and, as I said before, in addition to the DLC you'd have access to a wide array of additional content through modding.

The PC version and all its DLC is available on Steam for forty bucks, IDK if that's more or less than what you played.

#5 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Whether You Like it or Not

• Supporter
  • 13773 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

And, if you can't, the default version isn't that bad.  Not as horrifically wonky as Oblivion.

Just... save.  Save a lot. 'cause it's a Bethesda game and there will be bugs.  Terrible, terrible, game-breaking bugs.  And on console, I don't think there's anything you can do about it.  On PC, you can bring up the dev command line and possibly force a resolution to a broken quest, but I don't think there are dev options on console.

Another bonus to the Steam version is that you get integration with the Steam Workshop which will handle installing and updating mods for you, so that's nice, though you may still want to use an external mod manager.

#6 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5074 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

If I was going to put games on my PC, I would have goten Fallout-4.

#7 Caboo

Caboo

Dinosorceror

• Supporter
  • 20633 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

Eh, well, then yeah, save and save a lot then.

Hopefully one day Bethesda won't get away with releasing broken, unfinished games. =/

#8 Evac

Evac

Ultra gear!

• Citizen
  • 23709 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:47 PM

I played it on PS3 and enjoyed it despite it not being meant for that console. Personally, I'd wait for the rerelease on next-gen consoles coming out next month if you can't afford a PC - you'll be able to get some select mods.

rajvb9e.png

#9 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Staff
  • 11297 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

The best advice I could give would be to not piss Shield-Maiden Matilda off go back in time and tell yourself to buy the substantially prettier upgraded version of the same game that comes out next month. Unless your console of choice is the PS4, since that version won't have mod support. If gaming value at a lower price is your primary draw here, then disregard.

But really, just enjoy! Mods are great and give you more stuff, but you don't need them to enjoy the game. Skyrim is a big place. If you find a distraction along the way, see where it takes you. Get the house in Whiterun, since you will need a place to dump off your stuff when your inventory is overburdened.

#10 Rust

Rust

Reboot Successful

• Supporter
  • 41781 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

If operating on 360, then sadly you cannot Mine 4 Fish.

As for general tips:

Don't trust Dalphnie

Skyrim kind of demands you learn a ranged skill of some kind.

Specialize, don't generalize. Spreading your points out early will lead to a more frustrating middle experience. Try to focus on three perk trees to start with, then branch out as you go along.

Since you're not on PC, keep in mind that making your skills "Legendary" will allow you to push your physical level up higher

Alchemy is a handy skill to have, since the alchemists in game barely stock any healing potions themselves.

Lockpicking and Speechcraft are dud perk trees and there's literally no reason to ever put a point in either

Unlike Oblivion, Daedra are rare this game. Even the Princes' quests are well and subtlety hidden in a majority of cases. As a result, expect any Daedra you do run across to give you a fight to remember.

Do not participate in the Giants' Space Program.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#11 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5074 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

*nod*  Range is always good.  When working on my Ninja in Fallout, I never gave up on firearms.  Keeping my Varmint Rifle and Weathered 10 mil, both with silencers, in my inventory.

*nod* alrighty.  Any trees I should keep my eye on?  Like with CoH and Fallout, I'm naturally going to tweak some existing OC's to base my peoples off of.

http://autobubbs.dev.../57075324&qo=15

http://autobubbs.dev.../57075324&qo=16

That's a good thing, right?

*nods* Why I like keeping a high survival in Fallout.  Better to cook it yourself that buy it.

Really?  Nothing good to be had in treasure chests and silver tongues?

From the way it sounds, it may be a GOOD thing I don't run into them.  As long as I don't find the Dragon/Lich/Bear combo that I witnessed that one time.  Also... HATE hidden missions.  X(

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!

#12 Rust

Rust

Reboot Successful

• Supporter
  • 41781 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

*nod*  Range is always good.  When working on my Ninja in Fallout, I never gave up on firearms.  Keeping my Varmint Rifle and Weathered 10 mil, both with silencers, in my inventory.

When you hit Level 10, it may be beneficial to at least begin the Dawnguard quest chain. You'll get fast access to Crossbows, which are slower firing then regular bows, but ignore 50% of enemy's armor. Unfortunately, without PC mods, bolts for said crossbow will be rare on the ground.

*nod* alrighty.  Any trees I should keep my eye on?  Like with CoH and Fallout, I'm naturally going to tweak some existing OC's to base my peoples off of.

Unf...City of Heroes feels. *Pours one out*

As for trees - depends on your character. You've got one handed and two handed perk trees. Also Light or Heavy armor perk trees. Third one is up to you - magic or crafting. Just be careful with early game crafting - it'll push your level up, which can increase the enemy power you come across and your combat skills can lag behind.

*nods* Why I like keeping a high survival in Fallout.  Better to cook it yourself that buy it.

Mhm. Plus, without mods, you won't find yourself buried in hundreds of pounds of alchemic ingredients in short order.

This is Skyrim. "Tongues" means something radically different. The dialogue system has no checks to worry about, and in due time you'll be swimming in more stuff then a merchant can buy anyway, so there's no sense in the barter perks. As for lockpicking - you can pick a Master lock from the start of the game, so if you're good at the minigame there's no reason to dump points in that tree.

From the way it sounds, it may be a GOOD thing I don't run into them.  As long as I don't find the Dragon/Lich/Bear combo that I witnessed that one time.  Also... HATE hidden missions.  X(

Trust me, the Daedric missions are the exception. They come out of nowhere, and can seriously change the mood of the game.

Ironically, Valve made this for Skyrim:

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#13 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 37521 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

Magic is kind of handicapped in the vanilla version. It's workable, but gets badly frustrating in mid game. It's entirely possible to go "battle mage", but you basically require the enchanting skill tree to make the most of it, specifically, you need to enchant the gear you use to buff your stats and regens. I usually end up rolling an archer/ninja, cause I enjoy (wayyyy too much.) killing folks at the end of their perceptual limits and watching them kind of ignoring the fact that their friends are literally dropping dead next to them.

#14 Evac

Evac

Ultra gear!

• Citizen
  • 23709 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

If operating on 360, then sadly you cannot Mine 4 Fish.

As for general tips:

Don't trust Dalphnie

And for the love of Talos,

Spoiler

Edited by ShadowMan024, 27 September 2016 - 04:38 PM.

rajvb9e.png

#15 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Whether You Like it or Not

• Supporter
  • 13773 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

Spoiler

Edited by The Doctor Who, 27 September 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#16 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5074 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

When you hit Level 10, it may be beneficial to at least begin the Dawnguard quest chain. You'll get fast access to Crossbows, which are slower firing then regular bows, but ignore 50% of enemy's armor. Unfortunately, without PC mods, bolts for said crossbow will be rare on the ground.

Unf...City of Heroes feels. *Pours one out*

As for trees - depends on your character. You've got one handed and two handed perk trees. Also Light or Heavy armor perk trees. Third one is up to you - magic or crafting. Just be careful with early game crafting - it'll push your level up, which can increase the enemy power you come across and your combat skills can lag behind.

Mhm. Plus, without mods, you won't find yourself buried in hundreds of pounds of alchemic ingredients in short order.

This is Skyrim. "Tongues" means something radically different. The dialogue system has no checks to worry about, and in due time you'll be swimming in more stuff then a merchant can buy anyway, so there's no sense in the barter perks. As for lockpicking - you can pick a Master lock from the start of the game, so if you're good at the minigame there's no reason to dump points in that tree.

Trust me, the Daedric missions are the exception. They come out of nowhere, and can seriously change the mood of the game.

Ironically, Valve made this for Skyrim:

All the good stuff seems to have drawbacks....

Mal... Two-handed, Light-armor, Magic.  Niki... One handed, Heavy Armor, Crafting.  Guy at work told me how one can grind up their blacksmith skills by making daggers.... and then make a scat ton of coin selling them.  Or just, y'know, stabbing ppl with 'em.  I assume that's the kind of Grinding you refer to?  Kind of like with CoH when you could re-run the sewer mission and end up at Lvl-24, bypassing all the missions, and have no idea what to do next.

Being overencumbered sucks.

Kewl.  Does kind of annoy that you needs to allocate points to lockpick to get to the good stuff in Fallout.

I shall take your word for it.

Sweetness!  XD

#17 Rust

Rust

Reboot Successful

• Supporter
  • 41781 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

Guy at work told me how one can grind up their blacksmith skills by making daggers.... and then make a scat ton of coin selling them.  Or just, y'know, stabbing ppl with 'em.  I assume that's the kind of Grinding you refer to?  Kind of like with CoH when you could re-run the sewer mission and end up at Lvl-24, bypassing all the missions, and have no idea what to do next.

Yeah, except in Skyrim's case, you grind out Iron Daggers, get a bunch of levels, step outside and find yourself face to snout with an Ancient Dragon, and you have less then 50 points in any combat skill.

#18 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 37521 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, you need to grind a handful of levels on blacksmith, then let it sit while you go raid some dungeons and enchant some equipment. Or just go wander around, even in vanilla there's enough creatures and bandits spawning that you should get a healthy work out walking halfway across skyrim.

#19 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5074 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

I can see how that would be a problem....

#20 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 37521 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

Which is why PC users modded the game. Between "immersive patrols" and "Immersive creatures" you can't swing a greatsword without hitting SOMETHING, and just walking to the next way point sees all kinds of bandits, bears and monsters. Hell, Immersive creatures will randomly spawn ore elementals when you go mining. If you live through the encounter, you end up with a lot more resources than you hoped for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users