Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

I knew that my father was getting old when he finally posted a facebook status that was clearly a search term.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

could've been worse then :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:03 PM)

So when he tried to pry into his daughter's love life, he ended up posting numerous search terms relating to "hot boy".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:02 PM)

I once saw this comedy episode wherein a dad mistakenly thought the status bar on Facebook was the search bar.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

is cool squawkbox =/= search box

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

iron man note to self

@  Echowarrior : (12 August 2018 - 05:02 AM)

Happy Birthday to Nevermore and Angelus!

@  Waspinator : (11 August 2018 - 04:45 PM)

I like how that game had all kinds of transformation attacks. Some of them may not have made much sense, but they looked cool.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Menasor kinda did that in the Devastation video game. He'd split into the Stunticons and run you over.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 August 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Megatron screams "decepticons attack", the constructicons form devastator, who then screams "Multi-vector assault mode" and breaks back into invdividual bots to attack seperately.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Imagine: an armada battle between Omega Supreme and Tidal Wave.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Some TF creator should apply it to multi-component Transformers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:19 PM)

"Multi-vector assault mode" is such a cool term from Star Trek: Voyager.

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 August 2018 - 04:24 PM)

Most things would be pretty cold after two hundred and seventy degrees.

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:39 PM)

(Because F = (9C/5) + 32)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:38 PM)

Oh yeah, five times thirty is TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY! My bad...

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 01:15 PM)

Given the weather we've been having this summer, anything under 30 is a friggen god send.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2018 - 12:53 PM)

Surely "slightly under 30" doesn't pass for "cold" unless you live in the tropics.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:20 PM)

... or we're finally facing the end game of global warming, but no one will care by then.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

Generally speaking, if the number when referring to temperature is less than 50, you're probably not talking to an american.

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 11:13 AM)

86 F

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:07 AM)

(30 C = 68 F)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:06 AM)

And is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 09:13 AM)

What continent are you in?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 06:41 AM)

oh wow... even with humidity today it won't break 30. It's going to be so... COLD...

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:58 AM)

@Msol Make sure he shares. My bro hardly ever let me play with his TFs. I even offered to let him play with my dolls/ponies, too.

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:37 AM)

:p My brother was a bigger pain as a kid. As adults, I'm the bigger pain now.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 August 2018 - 06:31 AM)

Congrats man, and good luck. My personal experience is that little girls are pains in the ass clean through 30.

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 10:59 PM)

Yup yup. Now my 2.5yo will need to learn to share all his TFs...

@  MEDdMI : (07 August 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Msol Really? Congratulations! :)

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 08:48 PM)

Ack! We're having a girl!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 August 2018 - 06:16 PM)

It did include a Transmetal 2 hyena with a giant sawblade in his back.

@  unluckiness : (07 August 2018 - 08:56 AM)

but does it BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

Okay, I don't buy doubles and I would have gone after a dozen of those.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2018 - 10:32 PM)

I still think Beast Wars should have included a Transmetal Maximal hyena with a motorcycle-based semi-third mode, of Junkion descent, named Lafftrax

@  Pennpenn : (06 August 2018 - 03:24 AM)

Well if they did the same thing as Roadbattletrapslash (and if they didn't what's the point?) it'd be two new molds, but still.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 August 2018 - 01:08 PM)

I'm surprised that Hasbro wound up scheduling Frenzy for release in the Bumblebee movie line.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 12:50 PM)

Dunno. There's been recent Rewind toys, and Eject is just a quick repaint. Flywheels would mean a whole new mold.

@  Cyoti : (05 August 2018 - 08:24 AM)

Flywheels is probably in the same queue at Hasbro as Eject.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 03:22 AM)

Energon Redux.

@  Foffy : (05 August 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Grand Slamwich

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:51 PM)

So we can get proper Flywheels and maybe Grand Slam? I mean, I'm sure if they did it as a full range we'd have an Optimus in there somewhere (with Roller pants? I dunno).

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'd like to see them do more duocon type toys later on. Sort of like how they did Brainstorm as a Headmaster on his own before releasing an entire range of them.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2018 - 08:03 AM)

The first time I saw him, they were both on the shelf, and I passed on roadtrap cause I wasn't overtly impressed with the design. Grabbed battleslashe, read the instructions... ahhh, it's a duocon. Then didn't see the little blue git again until yesterday.

@  Shrug : (04 August 2018 - 07:40 AM)

I know! The store I go to the most got around 5 cases of Wave 2 legends in March, so I was not worried about getting the duo. After some recent hunting though, I've managed to find 3 Battleslashes in my entire city and no Roadtraps. 

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2018 - 09:42 PM)

Still, I'm glad I managed to find him again. I saw him once months ago and have been looking since.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2018 - 08:50 PM)

No kidding roadtraps instructions are bad. I actually had to look it up.

@  unitremover : (03 August 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I'd recommend trying to find an alternate way to transform and store away Battleslash's arms in combined mode though, the perscribed method ain't great imo

@  unitremover : (03 August 2018 - 07:07 PM)

They can be at first, especially Roadtrap since his instructions are really bad, but after a few times back and forth they're not too complex.

Photo

Fus-Roh-DUY! (noob has Skyrim)

754 replies to this topic

#1 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

Hey all.  Found Skyrim at Wal-mart.  Wonderin if any of y'all have any tips for a noob who's yet to unwrap it?

I'd really like to know how to mine 4 fish.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#2 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21837 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

Did you get the PC version?

If not, return it immediately. If you like the game mods will expand its lifetime at least tenfold, if not more.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#3 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

360 version with all the DLC.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#4 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21837 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:18 PM

I guess I'm assuming you have a computer good enough to run Skyrim, so if not I apologize.

I only suggest returning it in favor of the PC version because you said it was unopened, and, as I said before, in addition to the DLC you'd have access to a wide array of additional content through modding.

The PC version and all its DLC is available on Steam for forty bucks, IDK if that's more or less than what you played.

#5 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mrs. Who

• Supporter
  • 15959 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

And, if you can't, the default version isn't that bad.  Not as horrifically wonky as Oblivion.

Just... save.  Save a lot. 'cause it's a Bethesda game and there will be bugs.  Terrible, terrible, game-breaking bugs.  And on console, I don't think there's anything you can do about it.  On PC, you can bring up the dev command line and possibly force a resolution to a broken quest, but I don't think there are dev options on console.

Another bonus to the Steam version is that you get integration with the Steam Workshop which will handle installing and updating mods for you, so that's nice, though you may still want to use an external mod manager.

nzo8WYb.png

#6 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

If I was going to put games on my PC, I would have goten Fallout-4.

#7 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21837 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

Eh, well, then yeah, save and save a lot then.

Hopefully one day Bethesda won't get away with releasing broken, unfinished games. =/

#8 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

Doggo of Ulster

• Citizen
  • 24353 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:47 PM

I played it on PS3 and enjoyed it despite it not being meant for that console. Personally, I'd wait for the rerelease on next-gen consoles coming out next month if you can't afford a PC - you'll be able to get some select mods.

#9 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

The best advice I could give would be to not piss Shield-Maiden Matilda off go back in time and tell yourself to buy the substantially prettier upgraded version of the same game that comes out next month. Unless your console of choice is the PS4, since that version won't have mod support. If gaming value at a lower price is your primary draw here, then disregard.

But really, just enjoy! Mods are great and give you more stuff, but you don't need them to enjoy the game. Skyrim is a big place. If you find a distraction along the way, see where it takes you. Get the house in Whiterun, since you will need a place to dump off your stuff when your inventory is overburdened.

#10 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43824 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

If operating on 360, then sadly you cannot Mine 4 Fish.

As for general tips:

Don't trust Dalphnie

Skyrim kind of demands you learn a ranged skill of some kind.

Specialize, don't generalize. Spreading your points out early will lead to a more frustrating middle experience. Try to focus on three perk trees to start with, then branch out as you go along.

Since you're not on PC, keep in mind that making your skills "Legendary" will allow you to push your physical level up higher

Alchemy is a handy skill to have, since the alchemists in game barely stock any healing potions themselves.

Lockpicking and Speechcraft are dud perk trees and there's literally no reason to ever put a point in either

Unlike Oblivion, Daedra are rare this game. Even the Princes' quests are well and subtlety hidden in a majority of cases. As a result, expect any Daedra you do run across to give you a fight to remember.

Do not participate in the Giants' Space Program.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#11 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

*nod*  Range is always good.  When working on my Ninja in Fallout, I never gave up on firearms.  Keeping my Varmint Rifle and Weathered 10 mil, both with silencers, in my inventory.

*nod* alrighty.  Any trees I should keep my eye on?  Like with CoH and Fallout, I'm naturally going to tweak some existing OC's to base my peoples off of.

http://autobubbs.dev.../57075324&qo=15

http://autobubbs.dev.../57075324&qo=16

That's a good thing, right?

*nods* Why I like keeping a high survival in Fallout.  Better to cook it yourself that buy it.

Really?  Nothing good to be had in treasure chests and silver tongues?

From the way it sounds, it may be a GOOD thing I don't run into them.  As long as I don't find the Dragon/Lich/Bear combo that I witnessed that one time.  Also... HATE hidden missions.  X(

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!

#12 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43824 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

*nod*  Range is always good.  When working on my Ninja in Fallout, I never gave up on firearms.  Keeping my Varmint Rifle and Weathered 10 mil, both with silencers, in my inventory.

When you hit Level 10, it may be beneficial to at least begin the Dawnguard quest chain. You'll get fast access to Crossbows, which are slower firing then regular bows, but ignore 50% of enemy's armor. Unfortunately, without PC mods, bolts for said crossbow will be rare on the ground.

*nod* alrighty.  Any trees I should keep my eye on?  Like with CoH and Fallout, I'm naturally going to tweak some existing OC's to base my peoples off of.

Unf...City of Heroes feels. *Pours one out*

As for trees - depends on your character. You've got one handed and two handed perk trees. Also Light or Heavy armor perk trees. Third one is up to you - magic or crafting. Just be careful with early game crafting - it'll push your level up, which can increase the enemy power you come across and your combat skills can lag behind.

*nods* Why I like keeping a high survival in Fallout.  Better to cook it yourself that buy it.

Mhm. Plus, without mods, you won't find yourself buried in hundreds of pounds of alchemic ingredients in short order.

This is Skyrim. "Tongues" means something radically different. The dialogue system has no checks to worry about, and in due time you'll be swimming in more stuff then a merchant can buy anyway, so there's no sense in the barter perks. As for lockpicking - you can pick a Master lock from the start of the game, so if you're good at the minigame there's no reason to dump points in that tree.

From the way it sounds, it may be a GOOD thing I don't run into them.  As long as I don't find the Dragon/Lich/Bear combo that I witnessed that one time.  Also... HATE hidden missions.  X(

Trust me, the Daedric missions are the exception. They come out of nowhere, and can seriously change the mood of the game.

Ironically, Valve made this for Skyrim:

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#13 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 39659 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

Magic is kind of handicapped in the vanilla version. It's workable, but gets badly frustrating in mid game. It's entirely possible to go "battle mage", but you basically require the enchanting skill tree to make the most of it, specifically, you need to enchant the gear you use to buff your stats and regens. I usually end up rolling an archer/ninja, cause I enjoy (wayyyy too much.) killing folks at the end of their perceptual limits and watching them kind of ignoring the fact that their friends are literally dropping dead next to them.

#14 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

Doggo of Ulster

• Citizen
  • 24353 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

If operating on 360, then sadly you cannot Mine 4 Fish.

As for general tips:

Don't trust Dalphnie

And for the love of Talos,

Spoiler

Edited by ShadowMan024, 27 September 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#15 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mrs. Who

• Supporter
  • 15959 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

Spoiler

Edited by The Doctor Who, 27 September 2016 - 07:25 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#16 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

When you hit Level 10, it may be beneficial to at least begin the Dawnguard quest chain. You'll get fast access to Crossbows, which are slower firing then regular bows, but ignore 50% of enemy's armor. Unfortunately, without PC mods, bolts for said crossbow will be rare on the ground.

Unf...City of Heroes feels. *Pours one out*

As for trees - depends on your character. You've got one handed and two handed perk trees. Also Light or Heavy armor perk trees. Third one is up to you - magic or crafting. Just be careful with early game crafting - it'll push your level up, which can increase the enemy power you come across and your combat skills can lag behind.

Mhm. Plus, without mods, you won't find yourself buried in hundreds of pounds of alchemic ingredients in short order.

This is Skyrim. "Tongues" means something radically different. The dialogue system has no checks to worry about, and in due time you'll be swimming in more stuff then a merchant can buy anyway, so there's no sense in the barter perks. As for lockpicking - you can pick a Master lock from the start of the game, so if you're good at the minigame there's no reason to dump points in that tree.

Trust me, the Daedric missions are the exception. They come out of nowhere, and can seriously change the mood of the game.

Ironically, Valve made this for Skyrim:

All the good stuff seems to have drawbacks....

Mal... Two-handed, Light-armor, Magic.  Niki... One handed, Heavy Armor, Crafting.  Guy at work told me how one can grind up their blacksmith skills by making daggers.... and then make a scat ton of coin selling them.  Or just, y'know, stabbing ppl with 'em.  I assume that's the kind of Grinding you refer to?  Kind of like with CoH when you could re-run the sewer mission and end up at Lvl-24, bypassing all the missions, and have no idea what to do next.

Being overencumbered sucks.

Kewl.  Does kind of annoy that you needs to allocate points to lockpick to get to the good stuff in Fallout.

I shall take your word for it.

Sweetness!  XD

#17 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43824 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

Guy at work told me how one can grind up their blacksmith skills by making daggers.... and then make a scat ton of coin selling them.  Or just, y'know, stabbing ppl with 'em.  I assume that's the kind of Grinding you refer to?  Kind of like with CoH when you could re-run the sewer mission and end up at Lvl-24, bypassing all the missions, and have no idea what to do next.

Yeah, except in Skyrim's case, you grind out Iron Daggers, get a bunch of levels, step outside and find yourself face to snout with an Ancient Dragon, and you have less then 50 points in any combat skill.

#18 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 39659 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, you need to grind a handful of levels on blacksmith, then let it sit while you go raid some dungeons and enchant some equipment. Or just go wander around, even in vanilla there's enough creatures and bandits spawning that you should get a healthy work out walking halfway across skyrim.

#19 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5262 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

I can see how that would be a problem....

#20 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 39659 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

Which is why PC users modded the game. Between "immersive patrols" and "Immersive creatures" you can't swing a greatsword without hitting SOMETHING, and just walking to the next way point sees all kinds of bandits, bears and monsters. Hell, Immersive creatures will randomly spawn ore elementals when you go mining. If you live through the encounter, you end up with a lot more resources than you hoped for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users