Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (23 October 2017 - 09:46 PM)

Not sure if it helps because I bought it from Amazon Germany.

@  Arazyr : (23 October 2017 - 01:19 PM)

Cool. Could you share the name and/or link? I'm wondering if I could use one...

@  Nevermore : (23 October 2017 - 12:44 PM)

Good news: Watchmaker tool arrived, I've been able to safely remove the pin, rotate the misassembled piece and reinsert the pin.

@  Paladin : (22 October 2017 - 06:22 PM)

i watched his latest Netflix special. hilarious & heartbreaking at teh same time...

@  RichardT1977 : (21 October 2017 - 12:07 PM)

You know that Patton Oswalt knew he'd made it as an entertainer when people stopped asking him whether he was Pat or Oswald and where was the other one.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 10:20 AM)

He does lots of voice work, but it was young Oswalt in my dream, so I guess it was the King of Queens edition.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I only know about Patton Oswalt from Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM)

We won because Ellen kept going up the other teams and telling them to not worry about their hair looking silly in their helmets.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:10 AM)

I had a dream I was in a team kick scooter competition and the 3 people on my team were Ellen DeGeneres, Patton Oswalt, and my third grade bus driver.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Photo
- - - - -

RiD Season 2.5 Episode 04 "Mighty Big Trouble" (Part 1)

53 replies to this topic

#1 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8078 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:53 AM

Airing in Canada on 1st October.

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#2 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22943 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:26 AM

Okay, things just got serious in this one.

Episode is here - https://www.amazon.c...transformers-20

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

WHAT A NERD

• Citizen
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:27 AM

Interesting that Starscream's new design is a new body in-universe. Aligned cartoons don't mention designs changing in different series, so are probably just artistic license.

I'm presuming Predaking mauled him after Predacons Rising and he got rebuilt to be bigger and tougher offscreen.

Shadelock, Roughedge, and the Insecticon seem to be hired muscle.

Nice to see the Dark Star Sabre again.

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#4 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25284 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:38 AM

Phew. From the title and setup I was worried the plot was going to be Sideswipe gets shrunk by a relic.

What we got was something of actual quality.

#5 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

WHAT A NERD

• Citizen
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:39 AM

In other news, Sideswipe remains The Worst.

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#6 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8078 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

Ah, okay, so this is definitely the first of the three episodes that'll be put together as a TV movie in the US.

I'd understand this odd little "season" of six episodes if this really was the end of the show, but it's clearly been proven it isn't, so it's just weird...

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#7 2017

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 41995 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:07 AM

o07Tiq2.jpg

"Hey look, I found a prop from the last series!"

But honestly this was interesting, good to see the filler villains tossed aside and replaced by Starcream and some less-obvious model reuse. The Minicons are pretty fun and I'm interested where this is going. Sideswipe stuff was painful and made no sense because everyone has said nastier things about the Minicons at some point. Turns out they just hate it when you violate their personal space which is kind of ironic.

PM me if you're bored!

#8 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25284 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:13 AM

Sideswipe needs some actual development. He's all the worst attributes of cocky young heroes in action toons, which is odd because the pilot had him showcase humility.

#9 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8078 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:18 AM

Is Roughedge's model reused from something? It kinda looks Prime-y, and it'd be weird for just one of the mercs to have a new model, but I can't place it...

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#10 2017

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 41995 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:22 AM

Is Roughedge's model reused from something? It kinda looks Prime-y, and it'd be weird for just one of the mercs to have a new model, but I can't place it...

Looks like modified Overload. The big guy is an Insecticon, and laser eye guy looks like a Vehicon body with a new head.

PM me if you're bored!

#11 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8078 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:30 AM

Looks like modified Overload. The big guy is an Insecticon, and laser eye guy looks like a Vehicon body with a new head.

Ah, no, I figured it out - museum guards from episode one:

http://tfwiki.net/wi...seum_Guards.jpg

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#12 Cabooscarytops

Cabooscarytops

Dinosorceror

• Supporter
  • 20793 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:31 AM

there is one wielder of the dark star saber

AND IT IS CRAB

#13 2017

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 41995 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:47 AM

Ah, no, I figured it out - museum guards from episode one:

http://tfwiki.net/wi...seum_Guards.jpg

Oh hey, good eye. I forgot those guys.

I hope the other two mercs get voice actors.

PM me if you're bored!

#14 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8078 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

It seems odd that Dragonus and Doomitron aren't among the other Mini-Cons - it'd make sense if it were just the going-to-be-Autobots ones, but Lancelon is there.

Regardless, I assume they'll turn up in the next two episodes, along with Slipstream becoming a Weaponizer, given thatthe RID toyline isn't really in the business of doing non-show characters.

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#15 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15655 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:05 AM

Good episode. Not notably "better than" the show has been the rest of this series and the majority of last. It's been a consistently cool, fun show and this ep was right on target and tone with exactly what it has been.

Love the inclusion on SS and his mercenaries though.

-ZacWilliam, It's interesting that Starscream's goal is revenge on Megatron, whose status quo is currently unknown. I wonder if he could return next season. (Though I think we saw Steeljaw's VA is back next season IIRC...)

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 02 October 2016 - 06:06 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#16 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 4750 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

Ah, okay, so this is definitely the first of the three episodes that'll be put together as a TV movie in the US.

I'd understand this odd little "season" of six episodes if this really was the end of the show, but it's clearly been proven it isn't, so it's just weird...

Is it possible that Hasbro ordered 6 episodes to come out between 2 and 3 so that they would have some form of media to advertise toys during the fall?

I mean, the toyline has to stick around for a whole year, but the show only takes 3 months tops ot air all of it's content early on. As a business measure it fills a gap of content.

I find it REALLY weird to see Starscream as the big bopping bad guy after the disgraceful existence he was in Prime, it would make sense if it were a "well against a rookie team he looks badass" but he's suddenly huge and manning people around and his confidence is genuine instead of cartoon buffoon anxiety. Like it's not the show's fault, it was probably Hasbro that forced them to use the character in first place, but it's weird to watch. 

I LOVE the minicons, this is easily the coolest the concept has ever been, I had a stupid smile when the electronic-horror music started playing as they posessed the Autobots. I hope this becomes a lore-thing, it's a fun idea.

Optimus looks colored different. He lost the black marks on his shoulders and the blue lights around his neck. Dunno why they changed that but I think it looks better, get on it Takara!

All in all, good episode, but that goes unsaid by this point. Hope the Scavengers aren't completely gone because I would REALLY like a retool of Bisk in those slick marine colors!

Edited by Boomhauer, 02 October 2016 - 08:42 AM.

#17 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8078 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

I dunno, Prime Starscream was a schmuck, but he wasn't completely incompetent or lacking confidence in himself.

I feel like he works quite well as a big threatening baddie here, if only because he's a good-'n'-proper veteran-of-the-war Decepticon, which naturally carries some weight relative to all the usual present-day RID 'Cons who are only Decepticons in, I dunno, a cultural sense? They've still never really addressed it properly, have they? At times they sort of acted like Decepticon = criminal, but then Fracture was a Decepticon effectively working for the authorities in a legimate capacity, so...

Edited by Jalaguy, 02 October 2016 - 09:47 AM.

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#18 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25284 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

I like what they're doing with Starscream. It makes sense that big name Cons from the war would be a far more credible threat than some random thugs who apparently just get branded as Decepticons by an overzealous government.

But then as a whole RID hasn't charmed me, so of course I'm going to love them increasingly acknowledge the prequel that I loved.

#19 2017

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 41995 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

I feel like he works quite well as a big threatening baddie here, if only because he's a good-'n'-proper veteran-of-the-war Decepticon, which naturally carries some weight relative to all the usual present-day RID 'Cons who are only Decepticons in, I dunno, a cultural sense? They've still never really addressed it properly, have they? At times they sort of acted like Decepticon = criminal, but then Fracture was a Decepticon effectively working for the authorities in a legimate capacity, so...

Don't worry about it, say the show writers.

PM me if you're bored!

#20 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 2320 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

I like how they kept Starscream's face the same and made it look as though was wearing a big bulky helmet around his skinny old head, it was a neat design choice.

I'm kind of hoping that we'll see more of the Scavengers, though... their role felt a bit truncated if their entire purpose was to dig up the Dark Star Saber and then get roflstomped by Starscream.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users