Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

It seems like, with these kind of things, anything not TF-specific is either in an existing thread or just not discussed since they're not part of something deemed important enough to get its own thread already.

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Yeah, but it's for Transformers specifically

@  Gryllid : (19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

There is. It's called "SDCC 2019 thread"

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM)

no general SDCC thread?

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM)

I never even bothered to see it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2019 - 10:30 AM)

O never hated it, the whole thing was an Indiana Jones movie. I didn't care for the CGI, but that's just nature of the beast.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2019 - 07:58 AM)

sidebar- has enough time passed that we can stop irrationally hating "Crystal Skull" yet?

@  Telly : (18 July 2019 - 09:18 PM)

after 38 years and i dont know how many viewings, today is the first time i noticed indiana jones doesnt use a revolver in the bar fight in raiders...

@  Kalidor : (18 July 2019 - 05:33 PM)

@Sabrblade Depends on when you're here. I used to have the backups happen once daily, now I have them happen once per hour so you might often see a hesitation at the top of every hour for 30-45 seconds.

@  Locoman : (18 July 2019 - 05:11 PM)

isn't that just Modern Family

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:45 PM)

that's right. my gym teacher is a clown. new series coming to disney channel next fall

@  Foffy : (18 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

all these clowns are making me run really fast.

@  Sabrblade : (18 July 2019 - 12:10 PM)

All this awesome SDCC news is really making these boards run slowly.

@  Bass X0 : (18 July 2019 - 07:54 AM)

Racism must be stopped. No matter the cost.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2019 - 07:49 AM)

Tine to stop buttering it up.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 July 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Well shucks.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 July 2019 - 08:14 PM)

The joke is a husk of its former self.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 01:15 PM)

Pop.

@  Shrug : (17 July 2019 - 10:15 AM)

Something something... corn bread?

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2019 - 07:21 AM)

Ok, ok. Enough of the puns and let's all thank Kal for the amaizeing job he did.

@  Paladin : (17 July 2019 - 06:24 AM)

by now I think this jokes' been creamed.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

The kernel.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2019 - 03:31 AM)

Who gives the orders in cybernetic warfare?

@  unluckiness : (16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Zea mays

@  Xellos : (16 July 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Isn't that a kernel of truth.

@  Paladin : (16 July 2019 - 08:43 PM)

huh. suddenly the Squawk is popping.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Not placing much stalk in this conversation.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM)

That's so corny.

@  Shrug : (16 July 2019 - 06:07 PM)

It's absurd how happy I am that a post of mine made the front page of Reddit.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Aww, shucks.

@  TriBlurr : (16 July 2019 - 05:45 PM)

Not till I taste the corn

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 05:43 PM)

You guys aren't being very nice. You're supposed to tell me I did "good, really good!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Just don't go beyond the rows.

@  Patch : (16 July 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Left over from the failed Beast Machines sequel, Beast Farmers

@  Patch : (16 July 2019 - 05:39 PM)

It's techno-organic corn

@  TriBlurr : (16 July 2019 - 05:26 PM)

We have a cornfield? Can I get a few ears?

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 12:56 PM)

And lastly, if it becomes too much hassle to deal with - it might just get sent into the cornfield and replaced with a Discord box anyway. So cool it.

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Second thing is we do actually have the ability to ban users specifically from using Shoutbox if it's being abused like that

@  Kalidor : (16 July 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Hey all - just a reminder and heads up. The Shoutbox has been kept here as a courtesy because it's what you folks like in lieu of Discord - but a few things to remember is that P&R should stay in P&R and isn't really something that needs to be dragged out here in the most public of spaces.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Done.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 July 2019 - 10:25 AM)

You can make a new one. I doubt anybody would stop you.

Photo

Create-A-Colony -- A TAAO-Flavored Creative Exercise

23 replies to this topic

#1 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Retired Staff
  • 22376 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:10 AM

Themed Transformers colonies and planets have been a part of the brand's identity for a while, with the various series featuring Windblade the most recent to capitalize on it. Caminus, Animatros, and Paradron are just a few examples of Transformers branching off into new themes and aesthetics as a result of isolation from Cybertron.

It's a pretty fun concept, and one I think has a lot of potential, hence the theme of this topic: Creating your own colony with its own theme.

There aren't any hard and fast rules, and I don't think it's necessary to restrain yourself to any specific canon if you'd rather not.

As a guideline, I'd suggest something like this, but feel free to do your own thing: 

Name - 

Theme - 

Who Would Live Here - 

Trivia - 

In example:

Name - Synthony

Theme - Music

Who Would Live Here - Jazz, Sir Soundwave, Broadcast, Rosanna

Trivia - Orbits a dead star, so it is lit up in a constant rave of bright colors and loud music. Always happy to welcome travelers and extremely interested in learning about and adopting new forms of music and culture.

Have fun!  :)

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#2 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:14 AM

Name - Phallix

Theme - Personal fulfillment

Who Would Live Here - Buzzer, Vibrotron, Nexus Maximus, Erector

Trivia - Ribbed.

PM me if you're bored!

#3 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17079 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

Name - Dinos
Theme - Dinos
Who Would Live Here - Dinos
Trivia - Dinos!

-ZacWilliam, My 2yr old Daughter insists "I Ceratops. I cute. I Cuteceratops."
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4 Broadside

Broadside

Crack Calibre Laser-Blazer Broadside

• Staff
  • 10934 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

Name - Dinos
Theme - Dinos
Who Would Live Here - Dinos
Trivia - Dinos!

-ZacWilliam, My 2yr old Daughter insists "I Ceratops. I cute. I Cuteceratops."

ZACWILLIAM CONFIRMED FOR PLAGIARISING HACK

3nAcIwa.png

#5 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17694 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

Minor unimportant rant:
Spoiler

I wonder if Theme should be Theme/Description for more complex ideas. Anyways:

Name - Noirbos
Theme/Description - A planet of crime and mystery. Broad daylight only serves to make the shadows even darker. Crime is a currency a few good bots seek to remove from circulation as dialogue is hard boiled and a saxophone solo punctuates daily procedings.
Who Would Live Here - Nightbeat, various investigation themed police bots, Thunderhoof and various crime bosses
Trivia - A day with no cases solved is regarded as a national tragedy. Fedoras are popular regardless of robot mode.
Spoiler

#6 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3915 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

Designed to fit in with the TAAO theme a little more:

Name - Chymistria

Theme - The colony of Alchemist Prime, settled by the Titan Flamel. Chymistria is a young and volcanically active world, filled with rivers of molten metal and wracked electrical storms. The Transformers that live here are Forged from a wide variety of alloys, and developed a complicated social hierarchy: the rarer the metals used in a bot's creation, the higher their social standing. Their society venerates Alchemist Prime as a rationally-minded individual who sought to understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe, a part-scientific part-magical quest that that each Chymistrian - from the highest Platinum to the lowliest Iron- is expected to follow.

Who Would Live Here - Scientist-type characters who haven't yet appeared in the IDW continuity, I guess?

Trivia - They make some of the best alcohol in the universe.

Name - Neutronia

Theme - The colony of Amalgamous Prime, settled by the Titan Metis. The unstable world of Neutronia is a tectonically active planet, wrought by devastating earthquakes and tremors. The inhabitants of Proteus have evolved into Shifters, capable of transforming into just about anything. When violent earthquakes strike, they can almost immediately transform into interlocking braces and girders to withstand the worst effects, then quickly shift form again into bulldozers, earthmovers, and trucks to help with the repair efforts. Their cities - incorporating Metis's remains and her sacred hot spot- have developed into a collapsible, modular assembly that can be packed up and shipped out at a moment's notice, borne on the backs of great crawler-combiners formed by the aggregated populations of the cities themselves.

Who Would Live Here - Makeshift, Mercury, Pseudo

Trivia - Whereas on other colonies, Transformers retained differentiated genders, on Neutronia both genders have slowly blurred together as a result of the Shifter mutation. It's not uncommon for a Neutronian to adopt many different appearances, names, and genders over the course of their lives.

#7 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24778 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

Name - Ferox

Theme - Vehicles with animalistic robot modes (basically, RID Decepticons). This world is a fierce and dangerous one. Many of their ancestors were exiled here, since Ferox was a prison colony that was soon lost. Over the aeons, they mutated into animalistic forms to survive. These new forms gave them unique abilities that most other Transformers lack, giving them an edge to eke out an existance on this deadly planet.

Who Would Live Here - Simacore, Underbite, Bisk, other RID-style Decepticons

Trivia - I decided to take the whole "prisoners on the Alchemor" thing and basically make an entire penal colony planet.

Edited by ShadowMan024, 05 September 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#8 ayellowbirds

ayellowbirds

Function: Librarian

• Citizen
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

Name - Ekallu

Theme - Desert Planet—1/3 Dark Sun campaign setting type fantasy, 1/3 Mad Max style post-apocalyptic, 1/3 Dune-by-way-of-Jodorowsky sci-fi

Who Would Live Here - Ser-Ket (and many other Prime Predacons), the unproduced manticore Transformer, Aligned-style Insecticons, Mudslinger & the Destructicons, Liftor, Cybertron Scattorshot and Hardtop & Swindle, Landshark....

Trivia - The colonists from the Titan Ekallu are divided into the Solarbots (named for a mysterious, prophetic entity who assisted them in developing energy sources that did not strip the planet's few resources) and raiding bands including Destructicons, Horrorcons,and the self-righteous Lightformers. Over the ages, Ekallu's fortress-like city form has changed hands from one faction to the other, sometimes due to splintering of subgroups leading to a coup, if not just outright conquest by one of the outside groups.

Admittedly, I was more thinking of populating this with OCs, but I realized that there are a number of existing characters who fit it pretty well.

#9 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1827 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

Name - Yggdrasill (Also known as Regalis V)

Theme - The jungle colony-world of the plantformers. No animal life evolved here, but instead all the ecological niches have been filled with ambulatory plants.

Who Would Live Here - Botanica, Flytrap, Floron, Sling, Saberback, and Some version of Rumble.

Trivia - During the colonisation movement, no one ever realised Regalis V was alive, or even that it teemed with life. When the Titan Yggdrasill landed, the very flora of the world turned against it, with his mighty city form becoming overgrown within a few years, no matter how much they struggled. In near-desperation for survival, the colonists used polydermal grafting on Yggdrasill, turning the Titan into a hybrid of plant and machine. Over the vorns of isolation from Cybertron, the colonists followed suit, and now all of them are triple-changers, possessing robot, vehicle, and plant based modes.

Edited by Tindalos, 03 September 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#10 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8337 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:26 AM

Name - The Outer Rim
Theme - Transformers with oulier abilities, living out comic book superhero and supervillain adventures.
Who Would Live Here - outliers from IDW and TFAnimated (jetstorm and Jetfire having elemental powers. Ironhide armoring up. Blurr speed. Siren sonic ability. Wasp and Bee with stingers etc)
Trivia - their secret identities would be their altmodes. Its an intimate affair when you transform into another mode. Considered taboo to transform in public.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#11 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1341 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:28 AM

Name - Orbitar

Theme - Spacebots

Who Would Live Here - Pathfinder, Overcast, the Space Mini-Con Team, Shuttler 

Trivia - Mainly gaseous, the only land masses are large stray asteroids. Their leader, Jetfire, is a noble adventurer who is immensely popular among his people. A few dissidents are lead by Whisper, but are generally ignorable.

#12 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17694 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:40 AM

I'm wondering why some people are showing up as black text. That should only happen if people are doing a copy/paste from a web page instead of typing. Looks horrible on darker forum themes. Anyway:

Name - Arid 9
Theme/Description - A planetwide desert with a megaoasis on each pole. Wrangling desperadoes of the north and pyramid ruling pharaohs from the south are in constant competition for the treasure and limited resources scattered about the planet.
Who Would Live Here - The planet is mostly Wild West vs Ancient Egypt...and I have no clue any canon bots that fit. Purple Griffin maybe? More generic wasteland raiders probably work too.
Trivia - Legend has it that there's a third megaoasis hidden somewhere underground on the planet. Finding its location is the largest bounty in the star system.
Spoiler

#13 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17270 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Name: Horseulon IV

Description: Grass and fences

Who Would Live Here: Mach Kick, Strada, Bumblehorse, Horsetimus Prime, Horsetress Maximus

Trivia: Pretty much just horses

#14 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3229 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

Name: Nekoma

Theme: Animal

Who Would Live Here: Catbots or those who think of themselves as cats at heart/spark

Trivia: One of the most laid back planets in the galaxy, prrrefect for relaxing!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#15 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17694 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

Name - Ecliptox
Theme/Description - The main planet is fairly unremarkable, a mix of cybernetic and organic life with some space travel capacity. The one standout detail is a grand, skyscraper sized statue of a caped humanoid robot of unknown origin. The main thing of interest if not the planet itself but its moon. The moon's mining colony is the main interstellar eonomy of the planet and it meets regular disaster. Each lunar eclipse brings monstrous bots that attack all they encounter, then vanish without a trace once it ends. Recently, solar eclipses have caused some statues on the planet itself to come to life and wreak havoc until destroyed.
Who Would Live Here - Energon Terrorcons, Dracula
Trivia - Every eclipse has lasted longer than the previous. Scientists have calculated that something is adjusting the planet's orbit so that the solar eclipse in the next year will land in the same part of the world as the grand statue...
Spoiler

#16 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35084 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

Name: Unitron

Theme/Description: A colony founded by followers of Nexus Prime. The planet consists of individuals who combine in some way, be they Duocons, two man combiners, Headmasters, or traditional gestalts (with scramble city combiners being the rarest and most revere). Unitron itself is two small planetoids heavily cyberformed and linked by a global space bridge between both planets.

Culture: Unity is the most important thing on Unitron, with its inhabitants motivated to seek out a combination partner, who they'll later be modified to be converted into. Duocons mostly consist of those who haven't found someone with which to link. This union isn't necessarily romantic, but often is. The leadership of Unitron is a council of five who all combine into a single gestalt, linking their minds whenever they need to make a governing decision.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#17 Rycochet

Rycochet

Maybe it's imaginary.

• Citizen
  • 2627 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

Name:Seekonia.
Theme/Description:A colony filled with a single body type.
Culture:An entire colony filled with Classics Seeker repaints. Some of the standard Transformer types are there, they have their own Prime and Megatron analogues, even sharing colour schemes of their Cybertronian counterparts, but they're still Seekers, everyone is a Seeker.

Edited by Rycochet, 04 September 2016 - 08:27 PM.

#18 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17694 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:09 PM

Name - Monoptic
Theme/Description - The planetary surface is made up of a material similar to white alabaster. The eastern hemisphere has a single, massive sea of flowing cesium with an island in the middle that gives it the appearance of an iris. Something about the planet dampens radio waves but amplifies telepathy.
Who Would Live Here - Scientist characters like Perceptor.
Trivia - The planet does not have a proper day/night cycle because it doesn't have a normal rotation. Instead, the "iris" is always pointed in the same direction with the only planetary adjustments being those to maintain this as it orbits its star.
Spoiler

#19 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3229 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

This is for a laugh:

Name: Gobatron

Theme/Description: A planet that sits waiting to be crushed by its larger metal counterparts!

Who Would Live Here: Worthless beings!

Trivia: Prior to Transformers the movie the planet was consumed by Unicron, as a starter before the main course, there were no survivors, any survivors who appear and destined to be killed in some fashion or another, such is their fate!

Name: Lynx-utopia

Theme/Description: Any bot who wishes to unite with another come here, it houses the galaxy's foremost experts on lynxing bots together!

Who Would Live Here: Bots who do not want to be completely single anymore

Trivia: When one lynxs up with another bot, its permanent and the two cannot be separated ever again! Combiner Wars are not welcome on this planet, anyone caught doing illegal combining, is punished by time in the under belly of the planet, where they have to work their servos off doing things, some of which cannot be mentioned!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#20 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24778 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

This is for a laugh:

Name: Gobatron

Theme/Description: A planet that sits waiting to be crushed by its larger metal counterparts!

Who Would Live Here: Worthless beings!

Trivia: Prior to Transformers the movie the planet was consumed by Unicron, as a starter before the main course, there were no survivors, any survivors who appear and destined to be killed in some fashion or another, such is their fate!

B5VrSB5.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users