Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

No Mans Sky NEXT

468 replies to this topic

#41 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:29 AM

Is this still a PS4 exclusive? I wouldn't mind picking this up on PC later on if not.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 11 August 2016 - 02:29 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#42 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:44 AM

August 12th for PC, I believe.

Caboo, did you see the adorable chubby lizard bird alien thing oh my GOD

#43 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23051 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:49 AM

Oh good, I'll have to sequester myself away from this game until then/when I can afford it, lest I spoil more things like adorable birdaliens. ; )

Gotta say the language system sounds fascinating though. Can't wait.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 11 August 2016 - 02:50 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#44 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:24 AM

I've been having a blast with this game so far. I've always having a problem connecting with the servers though. Anybody know what that's about?

#45 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:28 AM

Just want clarification - why are people invoking Spore like it's hexed?

Spore was a fun game, I had long thought that was a belief shared by many. It wasn't the all-encompassing greatest thing ever, and if it was we'd have no need for other games. But it  scratched a creative itch. The truth is never in the hype, why would anyone ever be swayed by the hype?

They do have some clear similarities.

Spore was a sci-fi procedural-generated universe simulator with randomized creatures and planets. The design and variety of the game was complex and ambitious. However, Spore fell down for a lot of people when the game shipped and was revealed to be quite dumbed-down from various tech demos, interviews and promotional material had promised. All sorts of complex gameplay had been cut and the entire thing had been made simpler in a misguided attempt to find mass-appeal. The end result was was something that while technically and creatively impressive did not have a lot of depth to it at all. See:

No Man's Sky is a sci-fi procedural-generated universe simulation that is a lot less ambitious. There's no evolution stages or cities or technology or monster design, it's just a survival game in a big Spore-esque universe. The problem is that the game was hyped to have multiplayer* (note the asterisk) and take hundreds of years to see everything and get weirder and more complex. But the general impression is that it's a lot less complex than it was initially portrayed to be by those slick trailers and interviews and the procedural generation is quite easy to see through. The parts that make up the universe itself are repetitive, just clad in different colours and with swapped and resized parts. Nobody's found big cities or space hulks or asteroid bases, the combat is quite pedestrian and of course the multiplayer that many assumed to be in the game thanks to the head of the company's vagueness is nowhere to be seen. Oh and spoiler but the thing at the end can be reached within a few days and it's way worse than Spore's center.

I'm not saying that Spore and No Man's Sky are bad or unenjoyable games, but they do fit a similar niche and the leadup to their launches were full of hyperbole and unfulfilled promises. It's okay to be disappointed in something, even if you like it. I just had that with MGSV last year!

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#46 Strafe

Strafe

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

Then maybe it's the time I've spent in the corporate world, but one lesson from it I take with me is that when someone in an executive chair starts making promises, he's going to tell you a lie. Because he's proud of what his team is doing, or he wants to sell you something, or whatever. The truth is found in disseminating what we can see, and there is rarely any shortage of stuff to look at. What this game was going to be was evident in the very first stage demo, even then people expressed fears and they were all correct. Will Wright's first demo informed me of all I needed to know about Spore's creatively-driven gameplay, and I tuned the hype machine out past that point.

And I didn't mean to misrepresent. I said initially that this game needs purpose. I think No Man's Sky is a very fun game, and I like it a lot. Exploring is fantastic, there are some elements of mystery and a great many of the planets I've seen are uniquely beautiful. For a lot of people, the appeal of that will wear off. Not everyone. There's so so much and not really enough ways to interact with it all. It's not a $60 game, not unless you really want to play it now. But the cost of owning the game will inevitably come down while they apparently continue to add things to do, and by then it will be a much more balanced purchase.

I don't regret it one bit and I acknowledge its shortcomings. I hope they continue working on it. I tend to enjoy games more when I'm not letting other people form my expectations for me. I have no idea what I would do in this kind of game with a second person, though. As I've mentioned, I had way more fun sharing it locally. It's not really a shooter. If they're off doing the creature observation and study while I gather, then I miss out on making scientific discoveries for myself.

#47 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:43 AM

Sure, but you cutting yourself off from the community isn't the norm and the community for both games, however naive, did get burned by broken promises.

But hey, at least it wasn't a Mass Effect 3-tier letdown!

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#48 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

I have been following the games devolvement very closely I knew the game was being talked up

But I knew that this is a game I really wanted I was not taken in by hype but same time soaked up all the new information

I wonder though if when the PC mods get the game if we wont get the mods now like other current game enjoy on console?

I would love to have my own shipbuilding component and maybe even control those capital ships I see warp it 

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#49 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

Actually the part I most wanted ( space combat) is one of the things that.......almost doesn't exist.

#50 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

While I was never really that interested/excited for this game. My biggest fear was when they said: "You can find all sorts of different planets!" 

What would really happen is: "You'll find a planet of lava, with neat creatures. Then a few hours later, you'll find an ice planet... with ice versions of those creatures."

How close am I to that assumption?

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#51 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

No the game generates its creatures like Legos so you end you in up with some odd looking creatures

Edited by tec, 11 August 2016 - 11:30 AM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#52 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

Oh got me an even better looking ship this one has 22 slots cost me a million units but I found a new planet rich in nickel, eridum and gold and I plan on mining it barren.

CpmWAktWYAARlo-.jpg large.jpg

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#53 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

I love the names this game dreams up with its procedurally-generated word-bollocks. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#54 Strafe

Strafe

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Sure, but you cutting yourself off from the community isn't the norm and the community for both games, however naive, did get burned by broken promises.

If you were remotely interested and not made aware by the video material over the past two years and especially the last six months showing us what the game was going to be, well that's kind of your own fault. I watched plenty of it. As I said, people called it in the beginning and nothing has changed. It's a good social experience, but if someone was along for the ride in multiplayer, they would have nothing to do. It would be awful. We knew in the beginning that it wasn't a shooter.

Sorry about your naiveté, but there was ample opportunity. I've already said there isn't enough to make it a $60 game, but I'm not going to bang the drums of discontent with everyone else who will never play it because I'm still having a fun time discovering things. :) Quintillions of planets offer an innumerable amount of unique things to see for those who like to explore and categorize. Surely a scientifically curious person such as yourself can appreciate that on some level.

#55 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

I found myself in a set of deep caves and spend 2 hours exploring and getting lost in them

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#56 Strafe

Strafe

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

The ship I want costs over five million. Hnnnng.

#57 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

ouch that stings

Half the issue comes from the ships also being random if you dont have the money right then and there your hosed

Edited by tec, 11 August 2016 - 07:03 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#58 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

I was just wandering through the nearest mall and passed a game store with an ORDER NOW FOR NEXT SHIPMENT! sign over their No Man's Sky shelf. Checked the other game stores nearby, and they'd all sold out.

I can't remember the last time I saw a major console game sell out within two days of launch, and neither could the guys in the game stores. So the mixed reviews don't seem to be hurting sales if my city's anything to go by.

• tec likes this

WsuGTl1.jpg

#59 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:23 PM

Yeah we only got two copys at TRU both gone I got mine though my buddys store cos I had some stuff to trade in

So the next step is the Star Trek expansion right...right?

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#60 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

If you were remotely interested and not made aware by the video material over the past two years and especially the last six months showing us what the game was going to be, well that's kind of your own fault. I watched plenty of it. As I said, people called it in the beginning and nothing has changed. It's a good social experience, but if someone was along for the ride in multiplayer, they would have nothing to do. It would be awful. We knew in the beginning that it wasn't a shooter.

Sorry about your naiveté, but there was ample opportunity. I've already said there isn't enough to make it a $60 game, but I'm not going to bang the drums of discontent with everyone else who will never play it because I'm still having a fun time discovering things. :) Quintillions of planets offer an innumerable amount of unique things to see for those who like to explore and categorize. Surely a scientifically curious person such as yourself can appreciate that on some level.

Oh, I was never interested in this game based on promotional material, I'm explaining the mindset of people who were.

I knew I'd get bored very quickly when I saw how it assembled planets and creatures and didn't have much else to do besides that, but more power to you?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users