Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (26 January 2021 - 10:08 PM)

Scarecrow plays the LONG game fighting Batman.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 January 2021 - 09:17 PM)

I had to "delete" the download, and now the video is working correctly (as a streaming view).

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 January 2021 - 09:16 PM)

Strangest error? I downloaded the rental for Batman: Soul of the Dragon, and when I went to play it, it started an episode of Scarecrow And Mrs King. That show IS apparently part of my library (probably snagged it when Apple offered premiere episode for free), but I don't recall ever claiming it....

@  Patch : (26 January 2021 - 06:44 PM)

Not any harder than anyone else with an accent.

@  Nevermore : (26 January 2021 - 12:47 PM)

Question to all the native English speakers: Those of you familiar with Australian singer Sia - how hard are her vocals for you to understand?

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 January 2021 - 04:44 AM)

Calm down, Dirge.

@  Paladin : (25 January 2021 - 09:44 PM)

death comes for us all. what difference does it make how?

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 January 2021 - 06:26 PM)

It's only murder and that is all, why should I feel the way I do...

@  Rufus : (25 January 2021 - 01:37 PM)

It's only murder if it comes from the Murder region of France, otherwise it's just suspiciously deceased.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 January 2021 - 09:17 AM)

It's only murder if they find the body, otherwise it's just a missing persons case.

@  Telly : (24 January 2021 - 02:31 AM)

so light yagami is a BAD role model? but ive already got a death note...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 January 2021 - 11:43 PM)

Do you always model proper behavior after anime characters?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 January 2021 - 06:34 PM)

Don't forget Yu-Gi-Oh and the Millennium items.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 January 2021 - 02:51 PM)

There was a five season anime with wearing relics as the premise.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 January 2021 - 01:16 PM)

You don't wear relics, you enshrine them.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 06:23 PM)

Wrong holey... and probably the wrong way to dress too.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2021 - 06:09 PM)

If your underwear is old and holy, it is considered a relic and should be protected with your life.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 02:04 PM)

That's the argument we keep making: but I still need to wait till feb 8th minimum to replace my holey underwear.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Personally I'm glad Ontario wasn't so misguided as to try to define what is or isn't "essential" for big box stores like Walmart to sell. If someone is stuck at home literally for weeks and unable to go out, who's to say a new TV or game console isn't essential (if only for one's sanity) if theirs breaks down?

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:55 PM)

Although fortunately, Ontario's daily cases and positivity rate has been on a steady decline for the past week or so; if they can get the vaccinations back on track, there is some hope.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:53 PM)

And as far as Canada's lockdowns go, I'm guessing none of them will end until late March, or perhaps the beginning of April. What small businesses that might be left at that point will be allowed to open for their going out of business sales.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:52 PM)

Unfortunately the CEO of Target Canada made more money by running the company into the ground than he ever would have had he made it a success, so there was zero incentive to succeed.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Target made some serious mistakes when they came into Canada. They focused on opening like 150+ stores within a 2 year timeframe and had no online infrastructure whatsoever; their website literally only contained legal blurbs and a store locator... lacking even the ability to see what they sold in stores, or if it was in stock and, if so, where. They should have started with 1/3 the number of stores with a full online experience including online shopping and inventory checking

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 12:35 PM)

See; quebec is under a new lockdown, have been since the 26th. It's supposed to end the 8th of february, but probably won't. Stores are only supposed to sell necessities (in deference to the stores which are closed.), but the quebec government made no effort define what counts as a "necessity", only punished them for getting it wrong. So I can buy all the candy I want, but not underwear, boots, winterwear, small appliances. Hell, my brother had to explain why he wanted a FUSE when he needed to fix his stove shortly before new years.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 12:31 PM)

Targets don't exist in canada anymore. They lasted like 3 years before abandoning the market. But even if they WERE still here: they would be under the same poorly defined restrictions as walmart.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 January 2021 - 12:10 PM)

Target's better-

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 07:51 AM)

HA! my walmarts can't even sell underwear. There's no clearances going on up here.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 January 2021 - 11:31 PM)

Check your Walmarts: Post-Christmas clearances are going on and I snagged Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered for Switch for only $5 (YMMV)

@  ZakuConvoy : (21 January 2021 - 03:15 PM)

*walks out on stage* Umm, I don't know how to tell everyone this, but Conway Twitty's been dead for nearly 30 years, now. So...*dances awkwardly as distraction*

@  tigerhawk : (21 January 2021 - 10:47 AM)

uh oh we need a distraction, ladies and gentlemen Conway Twitty.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 January 2021 - 10:20 AM)

*screaming internally*

@  -LittleAutob... : (21 January 2021 - 09:46 AM)

Everything is f i n e

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 January 2021 - 08:30 AM)

Everything's okay until it isn't. That's life.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 January 2021 - 08:12 AM)

Oh my god... I forgot entirely about yellowstone.

@  tigerhawk : (21 January 2021 - 03:32 AM)

Until the third civil war. Or yellowstone, whatever's good.

@  Nevermore : (20 January 2021 - 06:01 PM)

That's not true. An adult man is in control of the White House now.

@  repowers : (19 January 2021 - 03:18 PM)

Everything's out of control.

@  -LittleAutob... : (19 January 2021 - 09:51 AM)

*cough* w h a t?

@  Donocropolis : (19 January 2021 - 09:48 AM)

Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance they ain't no friends of mine

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 January 2021 - 08:52 AM)

You could leave your friends behind.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 January 2021 - 09:43 PM)

You could if you really wanted to.

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 January 2021 - 01:35 PM)

Nadie puede decir algo diferente >:D

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 January 2021 - 01:35 PM)

......... all wounds heal through God. *walks off*

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 January 2021 - 01:01 PM)

Let me know when the WEAPONs wake up.

@  tigerhawk : (18 January 2021 - 05:18 AM)

Or is the wound the Earth healing.

@  unluckiness : (18 January 2021 - 03:32 AM)

Healing is just destroying the wound

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 January 2021 - 06:08 PM)

But eventually destroys everything.

@  tigerhawk : (17 January 2021 - 05:03 PM)

Heals many wounds

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 January 2021 - 02:03 PM)

Time.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2021 - 07:53 AM)

I dunno, maybe. I'm not clairvoyant either...

Photo

No Mans Sky NEXT

474 replies to this topic

#461 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

I've kept my No Man's Sky save state. It's just I'm such a wanderer I've yet to set down any real roots. I tend to just build enough infrastructure on interesting planets to access them via a Star Portal...and then never go back to them ever again.

#462 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:26 AM

I found it.

6w8fYe1.jpg

o7vPCgU.jpg

I've found my Requiem.

#463 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

I find the planet I've been looking for since starting the game, and the devs drop THIS:

#464 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44304 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

Holy hug.

I mean, it makes sense. The species of reality abandoned dirt side life in favour of operating out of their fleets and space stations. There are advantages to being mobile when dealing with sentinels, and lets face it: each other.

It would also make sense to ramp up the abandoned stuff.

Long story short: that looked awesome, and I love that no man's sky became one of the few games I never uninstall.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#465 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:53 PM

So I boot up the game to lay down basic infrastructure so I can go start looking for some of this Desolation content. Turns out the update also changes some aspects of world generation.

DHE8Plz.jpg

THE CRYSTALS GLOW NOW.

#466 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44304 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:53 PM

... It's already out?!?!?!?!?!

*checks steam update queue*

... it's already out...

#467 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5751 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:07 PM

Looks like i need to fire up NMS again. Probably start a new save this time.

#468 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:06 PM

... It's already out?!?!?!?!?!

*checks steam update queue*

... it's already out...

uA7785w.jpg

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star...

In all seriousness, maybe it's because it was "Baby's First Freighter", they aren't bad. Atmosphere is brilliant, but the combat is pretty meh. Granted all I had to fight were automated security systems. It costs 5 million to get the coordinates to one (or you get one free, I assume per week, on the Anomaly). Each system has exactly ONE abandoned freighter. You cannot save while on the freighter.

5 mil seems steep, but you'll walk out with plenty of salvage that will more than likely recoup the cost. Turning info into Guild Reps nets you racial standing, turning info into the Scrap Dealer you buy the code for nets you Nanites.

Biggest thing you need is Cold resistance. There are portable heaters scattered around to let you rebuild your basic resist, but more cold resist (and the Ion Batteries/Dioxite to keep that resist up), the better.

EDIT: Keep in mind, this is coming from someone with all Exosuit upgrades/S Class Technology and a Class A Multi-tool with S Class Upgrades.

Edited by Rust, 16 July 2020 - 03:10 PM.

#469 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

So not sure if it was a happy accident, but I did an Abandoned Freighter mission in a system with an Atlas Terminal. The story of that freighter revolved around observing said Atlas Terminal. Was a neat little bit of world building.

Also got to deal with something other than automated security. The same kind of nameless horrors you face when picking up Whispering Eggs. They've been significantly depowered from their planetside counterparts, but it's very Dead Space Necromorph stuff.

Also did some experimenting with the rewards. You can sell the data you get from Freighters on the Galactic Market for peanuts. Also don't get Freighter Technology from Engineering Consoles. For whatever reason, you can't actually install said technology in Freighter Technology tabs, meaning you're always using up cargo slots. Meanwhile, if you opt for the portable bulkhead - which is to expand your freighter's cargo capacity...I'm certain this has to be a bug. But it let me unlock ALL the slots for the Freighter. I went from a 33 slot Freighter to a 42 slot.

#470 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5751 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:18 AM

Looks like they dropped another free update and its a big one. New planet types, new creature parts, giant worms, volcanoes and more.

#471 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44304 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:16 PM

I love how this game went from "bastard son" to "standard of redemption".

And in about five years, when they've done a dozen more updates adding content and options no one could conceive of and are bored with the whole thing: they'll drop the dev tools and it'll go from epic to legendary.

#472 Sarcastrophe

Sarcastrophe

Not like the others who get all the fame

• Citizen
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:55 PM

The patch notes make the claim that existing planets aren't modified and player bases won't be affected, but that isn't quite true. Several planets I had bases on have changed from anomalous or lifeless into deserts and the mineral deposits I mined have changed as well, my favorite paradise base is now a grey swamp, and my activated indium base was sucked below the bedrock of the planet.

Still, overall very pleased with the update so far. Lightning storms and volcanoes are nice. Spotted a couple of the large planetary archives and some of the robotic fauna. No sandworm yet, but I'll keep looking.

#473 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49083 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:10 PM

Poked my head in and promptly headed to a new system. Found a planet called a "Frozen Hell". Heavily mountainous with pulsating, flat leaf plant life. Not enough to really entice me back, but it's a wonderful quality of life change.

#474 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5751 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:25 PM

The update seems to be running well under Proton, outside of the discovery server issue.   Looks like a couple of my planets have changed hazards, but I'm not sure if that was this update or the beyond update that caused it.  Some of these worlds I haven't visited in a LONG time.

BTW, my No Man's Sky friend code is 7M5W-5G8N-BXY8G.  Don't need if you're playing on Steam, but if you play on console, or got the game from one of the other storefronts, it will allow crossplay.

bzfDXd9.jpgcIZFI6q.jpg

Edited by Coglestop, 23 September 2020 - 10:50 PM.

#475 Corwin613

Corwin613

Unstable Stability

• Citizen
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:10 AM

I play this occasionally on the xbox one, I love this game but I hate that they never added any new achievements with all the cool new content they have added.

Biggest complaint is the fact they didn't add more base building items or any automation for getting materials.

I have almost finished it just need to jump to the center and play permadeath mode and I will have a achievements except for the extreme planet one

QUOTE(Defunct @ Sep 9 2009, 01:37 PM)
You're posting on a site full of toy-collecting manchildren. What did you expect?

"Dramatic irony bites like a rabid monkey"
- Tito, the Weekenders

card.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users