Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

@  Jenny : (11 November 2019 - 08:54 AM)

The toy's designed to look like Wipe-Out, anyway.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 08:14 AM)

Didn't they try to retcon that into a figure of speech because that connection went against everybody else's long-term plans?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 November 2019 - 03:53 AM)

There's still some connection given Trypticon was created by Mortilus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM)

Yeah that toy doesn't exactly look like Necrobot.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM)

But.... it's just "Necro" not "Necrobot".

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 November 2019 - 05:10 PM)

But why does the God of Death need a giant space kaiju? Wait, never mind, answered my own question.

@  Maximus Ambus : (10 November 2019 - 02:15 PM)

Yowza I just realised Titans Trypticon comes with Necro AKA Censere AKA Mortilus.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

I... think the best equivalent would actually be the British "There is room for improvement".

Photo
- - - - -

Stranger Things on Netflix - SPOILERS

241 replies to this topic

#181 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3763 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:45 AM

I was unexpectedly triggered to a rather serious degree about 10 minutes into episode 2 and had to stop. I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it back up.

This is what I get for not binge watching like I normally do.

if you don't mind me asking...what set you off?

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#182 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8672 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:43 AM

YDuTb4Y.gif

Edit - aw, it might not be playing the gif.

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 12 July 2019 - 03:46 AM.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#183 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39067 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:24 AM

So I finished it last night.

Spoiler

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#184 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16869 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:27 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#185 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39067 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:31 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#186 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8672 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

Spoiler

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#187 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10679 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

Spoiler

This, or something like it, is what I'm guessing.

#188 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17065 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:13 PM

Spoiler

Http://www.scatterville.com

#189 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1397 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#190 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17065 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#191 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34319 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

Did I mess up the dates or does Dustin have a very early sample of Ultra Magnus?

#192 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Confused? Its a Mayhem thing

• Supporter
  • 62285 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:27 PM

he's got a modified one that's for sure XD 

#193 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:08 AM

Spoiler

ZacWilliam, there were a few things I have questions about but they may be answered in Season 4.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#194 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 750 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:32 AM

Spoiler

Oh, and for next season, nothing in the whole show would be as unbelievable as if they try to show a bunch of 14-year-old boys in rural Indiana in 1986 turning out to be perfectly woke and accepting of a known gay friend.

Spoiler

#195 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16869 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

The latter.

#196 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39067 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:37 AM

Spoiler

#197 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:05 PM

Honestly that's the kind of "unbelievable" I can one-hundred percent get behind.

-ZacWilliam, let childhood friends in an adventure fantasy remain childhood friends in an adventure fantasy enough that that kind of bigotry never enters the picture between them.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#198 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Confused? Its a Mayhem thing

• Supporter
  • 62285 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

The secondary adults might have more to say about it than the kids do... because that might be part of the story they want to tell.. but I doubt the kids would have any biases against them.  and for all we know they might stick to what we've actually seen so far in the show and Maybe only one person actually knows. 

the closet was a very crowded place back then. It wouldn't be inaccurate to show it that way here. 

#199 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17065 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:58 PM

I'm more worried about whoever Will finds himself around next season. New kid. New school. Quiet. Loves nerd things. Potentially gay. We might get enough character development out of Will to make up for the past three years.

#200 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32896 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:37 PM

I was unexpectedly triggered to a rather serious degree about 10 minutes into episode 2 and had to stop. I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it back up.

This is what I get for not binge watching like I normally do.

if you don't mind me asking...what set you off?

The whole opening segment with Mike trying to lie to Eleven over the phone was an irritating lead-in to my reaction, by what truly set me off was Hopper asking El what was wrong, and then when she shut the door, the smug smile on his face hit me down deep, and for a split-second I was enraged, on more than one level. The pinkie-knuckle on my right hand is still somewhat sore deep-down from my slamming my fist down on my desk. The anger came over me so rapidly that my normal restraints against "hitting inanimate objects" as an expression of fury (my old, inappropriate, and highly-flawed coping-mechanism) weren't able to catch it.

One of the key things was that Hopper's combination of aggression and manipulation was reminding me of my older Brother, and its not flattering. While I knew I hated much of my Brother's behavior throughout my life, I wasn't completely aware that it would be that triggering. I think part of the reason why is that over the past couple of years I've been doing a lot of introspection on the things that happened around me and to me while growing up, trying to process traumatic events in the hopes that I might be able to get a better handle on my anxieties.

My usual state of being over the past few years can be summed up as "unwell". I'm haunted, anxious, and discontent, and dealing with people can deplete my spoons quite rapidly, and its hard for me to let things go. I often dwell in a state of passive suicidal ideation, feeling as if I wouldn't mind if I simply ceased to exist. Its not that I want to die or have any plans on making it happen, but the thought of not dealing with any further emotional turmoil has its appeal. The last time I was actually happy for an extended state of time was at the final Botcon.

Anyway, the introspection has probably left me more vulnerable than I otherwise would have been. I have yet to pick the episode back up, and in an attempt to get a lot of it off my mind, I went ahead and spoiled myself for the rest of the season's events.

Sorry about getting so dour in the thread.

Edited by CORVUS, 15 July 2019 - 10:56 PM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users