Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (17 December 2017 - 07:51 PM)

i remember the missile gears malfuctioned a lot. damn thing once shot me in the middle of the night.

@  Fenix Twilight : (17 December 2017 - 06:54 PM)

Just transformed Unicron probably for the first time since I got him in 03, fun stuff. Still would like a new version but since they just did another release last year I guess we're stuck with that mold.

@  Shrug : (17 December 2017 - 06:16 PM)

Yeah, I think that might work on the red one, if I can find a neon enough yellow

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 December 2017 - 06:10 PM)

How about neon yellow/green? Like on Krok?

@  Shrug : (17 December 2017 - 05:45 PM)

I'm dealing with a black/grey robot and a red/black robot.

@  Shrug : (17 December 2017 - 05:44 PM)

I'm thinking of making some figures "G2" with minor paint additions: a little panel lining, probably. What colors in small amounts make you think G2?

@  Nevermore : (17 December 2017 - 05:41 PM)

Don't worry, it was grammatically correct, it just wasn't "fluent". :)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 December 2017 - 03:29 PM)

Scheiße.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 December 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Damn. I initially thought of writing "Herzliche Glückwünsche", but I thought that didn't fit because we don't know each other in real life. But I forgot to check for quantity after dropping "Herzliche".

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 December 2017 - 03:14 PM)

It'll be nice when they finally perfect universal translation algorithms

@  Nevermore : (17 December 2017 - 02:43 PM)

In German, you only pluralize "Glückwunsch" when it's several people congratulating someone. As in, "I received everyone's congratulations."

@  Nevermore : (17 December 2017 - 02:42 PM)

That's actually a hypercorrect literal translation that immediately reveals you as a non-native speaker.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 December 2017 - 01:04 PM)

Glückwünsche!

@  ILoveDinobot : (17 December 2017 - 12:34 PM)

Grats Nevermore.

@  Shrug : (17 December 2017 - 12:13 PM)

That's awesome, congrats!

@  WorkbenchManiac : (17 December 2017 - 11:14 AM)

Congratulations!

@  Nevermore : (17 December 2017 - 11:11 AM)

And top top it all off, my employer will offer a one-off bonus for moving to permanent late shift, and another annual bonus if I stay on permanent late shift for an entire year.

@  Nevermore : (17 December 2017 - 11:10 AM)

That's basically my personal dream shift.

@  Nevermore : (17 December 2017 - 11:09 AM)

No more getting up early. Also, every work week will be from Monday to Friday, with the weekends off.

Next year I will have the option for permanent late shift.

Soon I'll be free!

@  RichardT1977 : (17 December 2017 - 07:59 AM)

Did I miss something, or did the whole movie pass without

Spoiler
?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 December 2017 - 02:18 AM)

TBH, the use of the word "boudoir" seemed a bit more out of place to me than the humour... has a non-English Terran language ever been established as existing in Star Wars before?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 December 2017 - 01:28 AM)

It's not like it's a big deal anyway. I mean, anything with Aurebesh in it is demonstrably non-canon, because there's no X in Aurebesh so X-Wings wouldn't be called X-Wings, right?

@  unitremover : (16 December 2017 - 11:48 PM)

That said, I do think it is really weird that

Spoiler

@  unitremover : (16 December 2017 - 11:47 PM)

Yeah, TLJ felt a lot more mindful about when it broke out the quips/jokes than I think the Marvel movie comparison implies

@  2017 : (16 December 2017 - 09:35 PM)

I'm fine with the humour because the rest of the universe feels legit, and it's not ten quips a minute like those bloody Marvel movies.

@  Waspinator : (16 December 2017 - 09:22 PM)

It's mostly

Spoiler

@  Waspinator : (16 December 2017 - 09:21 PM)

Do spoiler tags work here?

Spoiler

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 08:13 PM)

Less than 3 hours to go, now

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 08:11 PM)

Also, it can't be worse than those awful "sarcastic" jokes in the beginning of AotC that were meant to establish a camaraderie between Anakin and Obi-Wan where it was clear that none existed.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 08:09 PM)

Doesn't sound like something I'll be bothered by; movies have to change at least a little bit with the times

@  Waspinator : (16 December 2017 - 07:59 PM)

Yeah, there was some sarcastic humor that wasn't really present in the classic movies

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 December 2017 - 02:00 PM)

I didn't have a problem with it. But it DOES skew a bit more "modern" in ways the humor of prior films didn't, short maybe Rogue One

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 01:20 PM)

I'm staying spoiler-free until I see it tonight, but a number of people seem really angry at the humour in the film

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 December 2017 - 01:19 PM)

I've already noticed some backlash against it over on blu-ray.com, but a lot of it seems to stem from anger about the Disney/Fox deal

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 December 2017 - 11:23 AM)

Because internet.

@  Bass X0 : (16 December 2017 - 11:20 AM)

Why are people getting so upset with other people's opinions of a family space movie?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 December 2017 - 10:43 AM)

I have lost my entire morning to a god damn nose bleed...

@  RichardT1977 : (16 December 2017 - 10:21 AM)

Turn around, bright eyes...

@  Pennpenn : (16 December 2017 - 01:18 AM)

Bismillah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 December 2017 - 12:30 AM)

DOOT DOO DEDOODOO

@  MEDdMI : (16 December 2017 - 12:16 AM)

MAHNA MAHNA

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 December 2017 - 12:12 AM)

Though we touched and went our separate ways...

@  Echowarrior : (15 December 2017 - 09:56 PM)

We're running with the shadows of the night...

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 December 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree?

@  Bass X0 : (15 December 2017 - 02:50 PM)

We're not gonna sit in silence, we're not gonna live with fear

@  lastmaximal : (15 December 2017 - 10:54 AM)

WHOA WHOAA WHOAAAAAAA-OH

@  unluckiness : (15 December 2017 - 10:20 AM)

Not that song, that's for sure

@  Pennpenn : (15 December 2017 - 08:29 AM)

What's new pussycat?

Photo

Archie gets sued over Sonic OCs AGAIN

120 replies to this topic

#21 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1718 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:28 PM

As far as I understand it...they actually do own these characters.  From what little I remember reading about this, Archie never actually had any of these writers sign a work-for-hire contract.  Without that, technically all these comic-only characters from that era are the rightful property of their creators...unless they are deemed derivative.  Of course, somehow, "evil Sonic" was deemed not derivative and I guess Penders has a right to him, so who even knows.

Common sense and legal right are often in direct conflict with each other.

Of course, if this gets the comic killed off...or even if they decide to make the Mega Drive books the new "real" continuity...I'm going to be mad.  Ian just got done trying to rebuild this universe, it be a shame to let all that just be a waste.

They did have them sign work-for-hire contracts. It's just that those contracts were thrown out by a warehouse worker while in storage, and the photocopies that Archie has aren't eligible in court.

#22 Waspinator

Waspinator

Waspinator has a headache in his whole body

• Citizen
  • 22839 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:04 PM

So, we're looking at the combination of scumbag legal tactics and incompetent record keeping?

#23 Daith

Daith

Star Wars season is upon us!

• Supporter
  • 8010 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:28 AM

Of course, if this gets the comic killed off...or even if they decide to make the Mega Drive books the new "real" continuity...I'm going to be mad.  Ian just got done trying to rebuild this universe, it be a shame to let all that just be a waste.  

But why would this affect the current storylines. None of the characters mentioned in this lawsuit have anything to do with the current world.

3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#24 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36373 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

But why would this affect the current storylines. None of the characters mentioned in this lawsuit have anything to do with the current world.

"Sued into Sega revoking the license" affects the current world pretty deeply.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#25 Broadside

Broadside

THE DOG?!?!

• Citizen
  • 8853 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

Yes, but not in any way that could possibly lead to "Mega Drive becoming the new "real" continuity". I'm not even sure where that came from.

That said, I would LOVE a Mega Drive style ongoing if possible...

card-rewind.jpg

#26 Daith

Daith

Star Wars season is upon us!

• Supporter
  • 8010 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

It is one thing if SEGA were to pull away but that's not what I was talking about. As it stands the only thing this should effect is the sales of back issues and collections of older material. But as I said it really shouldn't effect the current world since none of Fulop's characters are in the new revamped world.

3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#27 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

MERRY SLAGGING CHRISTMAS!

• Citizen
  • 23917 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

Fulop was totally put up to this by Penders just to troll Archie.

#28 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34050 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

Penders said he didn't have anything to do with it.

Considering these lawsuits are expensive and Fulop either formed or joined a company in order to manage/utilize his copyrights, I reaaaally doubt he's doing this in a lark.

It's ill advised but not a lark.

Edited by Razorsaw, 04 August 2016 - 12:29 PM.

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#29 (Deactivated) Zaku Prime

(Deactivated) Zaku Prime
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:16 PM

Eh, my thought about Mega Drive becoming the "new" continuity was just my own baseless speculation.  

Sega probably wouldn't want to get rid of the comics completely, since it makes them a steady, predictable stream of cash.  They probably need that right now.  Sega has also shown a desire to make the comics more like the games in the past, as well as trying to get more hands on with the comic at times.  Archie also got rid of all the old comic only characters last time they had a big lawsuit, even ones made by Ian, like Shard and Thrash.  I could see this new lawsuit being the straw that broke the comics back, creatively.  If Sega insisted on the comic only using characters from the games, or even only doing stricter adaptations than what the Unleashed adaptation has turned out to be...I could see the higher ups deciding to just scrap the whole thing and start over from scratch.  Nostalgia appeal, new #1 sales boost, and all.

After all, even though Sega should own all these new comic characters and tv show characters now, they're not really characters that the main branch of Sega likes to use.  Sega proper doesn't really seem to be interested in expanding things to much beyond the Adventures characters, barring the odd one shot characters for each game, like Chip.

Plus...With Shattered World wrapping up everything the comics done for the last three years or so and Mega Drive feeling kind of retcon-y and like a different universe anyway...There are less organic ways they could do it, if they had to.

Like I said, baseless speculation.

Edited by Zaku Prime, 04 August 2016 - 10:24 PM.

#30 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36373 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

I'm not sure how Mega Drive can be considered "retcon-y and like a different universe" when it literally is a totally different thing that only takes into account Sonic 1-S&K and Sonic CD with zero ties to anything else.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#31 (Deactivated) Zaku Prime

(Deactivated) Zaku Prime
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

I guess I just assumed it was canon to the main comic, but I don't think they ever said anything one way or the other to that effect, did they?

EDIT: In my defense, the recap page does say it takes place in the "Sonic Comic Universe", unlike the Boom comics.  Still, yeah, could just be intended to be a different universe.

Edited by Zaku Prime, 05 August 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#32 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34050 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

There's nothing that says it is or isn't.

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#33 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15134 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

Jon Gray has left Archie and thus my interest is gone with him.

Woooo!

#34 Broadside

Broadside

THE DOG?!?!

• Citizen
  • 8853 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Oh, shit. Looks like the end's in sight, guys...

card-rewind.jpg

#35 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34050 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

I hope that man festers in the mediocrity he made for himself forever.

#36 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 6491 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

That's AWFUL! The last Sonic I read was with the mystic cave but it can't be cancelled! What's been happening?

photo_zpsa2a20628.gifDJPon3Handopt100_zps7b9d25eb.gif

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

https://www.youtube....CateRo5nEbdkDhF

#37 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Well...nuts.  I didn't think they'd go THAT far! (And, yeah, I'm Zaku Prime.  Had to make a new account when Kalidor killed the younglings purged the "inactive" protoform accounts.)

Isn't Sonic still one of their better selling comics?  I mean, maybe Sega took it out of their hands, or maybe Archie is going ALL in on their reboots, but still.  

I'm...shocked.  I don't know if I'll really believe it until Ian Flynn says something about it...if he's allowed to.  This comic's been around ever since I was a kid collecting comics.  This...huh.

Hopefully, Ian can pull something off for the ending.  I'm not sure what could be satisfying, though.

Geez, what a way to "celebrate" the comic's 25th anniversary.

Well...maybe we'll finally get the Lost Hedgehog Tales this year, then?  That might be a...somewhat bright spot.

#38 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6974 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

Lost Hedgehog tales?

#39 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

It's a thing Ian Flynn...said he would be doing on his blog.  Basically, explaining what he was originally planning for the Sonic comic before the Penders reboot up to issue...300, I think he's said.  He just has a "prologue" with what had been going on with the comic before the changed story arcs up now, though.  He's said he had to put it on hold because of the other lawsuits that popped up after Penders.

It's here:

http://bumbleking.co...hedgehog-tales/

Not much there, but hopefully, we'll get something later on.

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 17 January 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#40 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59625 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

Well...nuts.  I didn't think they'd go THAT far! (And, yeah, I'm Zaku Prime.  Had to make a new account when Kalidor killed the younglings purged the "inactive" protoform accounts.)

Isn't Sonic still one of their better selling comics?  I mean, maybe Sega took it out of their hands, or maybe Archie is going ALL in on their reboots, but still.  

I'm...shocked.  I don't know if I'll really believe it until Ian Flynn says something about it...if he's allowed to.  This comic's been around ever since I was a kid collecting comics.  This...huh.

Hopefully, Ian can pull something off for the ending.  I'm not sure what could be satisfying, though.

Geez, what a way to "celebrate" the comic's 25th anniversary.

Well...maybe we'll finally get the Lost Hedgehog Tales this year, then?  That might be a...somewhat bright spot.

I said I was sorry! :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users