Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

Photo

The Brexit Megathread - HUNG PARLIAMENT after snap election!

Brexit EU Referendum Britain In Out Shake it all about

2937 replies to this topic

#2901 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:31 PM

Oh, and the British government pretended that they were going to start a naval war with France. Anything in order to boost the Conservative voter turnout...

https://twitter.com/...8842665990?s=21

#2902 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:43 AM

This is Britain forever now. The media hyping the prospect of war against France and eventually every other European country:

https://twitter.com/...6714346503?s=21

#2903 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29935 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 May 2021 - 07:54 AM

YEAH GO TO WAR WITH THE EU!  THAT'LL SHOW THOSE STUPID MAINLANDERS HOW YOU DO IT ON THE ISLAND!

Ironbite-for hug's sake Boris, resign if you have no ideas.

xC9l3eY.gif

#2904 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49670 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:52 AM

You know, while I've long known Brexit was going to herald a return to Britain's more Imperialistic mindset, rekindling the longstanding rivalry with France was oddly not something I expected to happen.

#2905 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44827 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:58 AM

And it will backfire beautifully if britain decides to actually do something militarily, and suddenly finds the entirety of the EU, and probably most of the commonwealth standing behind france. I mean: I ain't interested in seeing flanders field become a battleground again: but canada has a long history of deposing tyrants and bullies in europe... so...

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#2906 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49670 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:07 AM

Are you certain Canada wouldn't stand with Britain?

Asking that honestly, as I'm ignorant on the state of play between Britain and the Commonwealth. But I know a big part of the seeming economic "boon" Brexit was touting was this idea that the UK could just snap its fingers and the Commonwealth would just bend the knee to them again. I thought it was bollucks at the time but, well...I thought Trump ever winning national office was bollucks at the time. I feel it important to ask the likelihood of such things now.

#2907 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34416 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:09 AM

Looking at the UK tabloid push for aggression versus France has me like... 

giphy-5.gif

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#2908 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:36 AM

Asking that honestly, as I'm ignorant on the state of play between Britain and the Commonwealth. But I know a big part of the seeming economic "boon" Brexit was touting was this idea that the UK could just snap its fingers and the Commonwealth would just bend the knee to them again. I thought it was bollucks at the time but, well...I thought Trump ever winning national office was bollucks at the time. I feel it important to ask the likelihood of such things now.

The commonwealth is basically the same as the monarchy, as in it’s an outdated relic purely for ceremonial use. Please don’t think this ridiculous idea of a CaNZUK bloc will ever happen.

Canada would side with the EU if the British government were stupid enough to cause a conflict with an EU state. Supporting a bloc of 500+ million people run by grown adults versus a despotic island of 65 million? No contest, really.

#2909 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44827 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:50 AM

If britain started something (and mind; I mean without provocation or cause.) canada would put it's weight behind the aggressed. Never mind that canada owes as much to france as it does to britain for the formation of our country.

#2910 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49670 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:56 AM

The commonwealth is basically the same as the monarchy, as in it’s an outdated relic purely for ceremonial use. Please don’t think this ridiculous idea of a CaNZUK bloc will ever happen.

Canada would side with the EU if the British government were stupid enough to cause a conflict with an EU state. Supporting a bloc of 500+ million people run by grown adults versus a despotic island of 65 million? No contest, really.

It's not that I do believe the ridiculous idea, it's just the 21st Century has taught me to take nothing for granted.

Edited by Rust, 07 May 2021 - 10:56 AM.

#2911 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44827 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:16 AM

The sense of doubt and foreboding we learned in these last few years might be all that let's us recover and finally earn that star trek future.

#2912 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 14009 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:18 AM

I wonder how long it will take until these clowns call for open war with the EU.

I so hate being right...
aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#2913 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 01:01 PM

Attached File  A1263B36-FBE1-4D89-90D9-8E05FB03FC4A.jpeg   101.44KB   0 downloads
I went to the beachfront today, and there was a Naval frigate in plain sight. You never seen military vessels here on this part of the south coast.

#2914 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 6698 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:20 PM

That's just the rags being rags, the French blockade moved yesterday it was only a temporary blockade, except for some Jersey guy firing a musket and a boat being rammed, it was nothing eventful, both the UK and France had sent boats to monitor the situation. I don't think the French will pull the plug on Jersey's power supply.

Besides months ago the EU kicked up a storm about the UK produced vaccines not going to the EU as agreed in their best efforts agreement with the Astra Zeneca company, this was during the UK's third lockdown and through high infection rates and deaths in January and February, they threatened an export ban on EU produced vaccines that affected Australia and could have affected Canada which isn't producing it's own vaccines, the UK government said nothing until they were accused of having an export ban themselves though the evidence doesn't support it. As I understand it, the EU are taking Astra Zeneca, the company producing the vaccine to court for being short supplied. These events have changed even a few vote stay/remainers views on EU membership.

Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet you somehow brazenly declare that seeing is believing!

#2915 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:50 PM

Hasn’t changed my mind. Brexit is going to have negative consequences for decades, long after the unfortunate vaccine issues have been long forgotten about by the public. I’ve seen my country’s government dive into the basest right wing populism I could never have imagined in my most pessimistic nightmares. I’ve seen families split up by Brexit, friends forced to leave the UK, friends and colleagues receiving the most appalling xenophobic racist abuse (I did say at the time how EU citizens I knew were jeered with “you’ll all be deported” type comments at work the day after the referendum). Some recent bureaucratic hug ups by the European Commission isn’t going to flip me over to being a Leaver. Never. I have standards...

#2916 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 03:05 AM

The British government’s next step: voter suppression:

https://www.theguard...ons-social-care

And ‘reforming’ elections to favour the Conservative party:

https://www.theguard...oral-victories?

#2917 Cyoti

Cyoti
  • Citizen
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:39 AM

Seems like the Anglophone Rightwing doubles down on voter suppression after they start realizing they are politically vulnerable. Really wondering if this stuff is being coordinated at some level.

#2918 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29935 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:51 AM

It is and it isn't.  Don't make the mistake that all these right-wing dumbasses are getting together in secret, smoke filled rooms and conspiring against the world.  It's just cases of parallel thinking is all.  That and right wingers inspire one another.

Ironbite-if it worked in America, goes the Right Wing Brits, it'll work here and we can do even worse!

xC9l3eY.gif

#2919 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 3563 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 11:06 AM

The voter suppression started here in 2016 when EU citizens resident in the UK were barred from voting in the Brexit referendum, despite otherwise having voting rights. (They could vote in any previous referendum before then.)

#2920 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Follow your heart, let it guide you through the dark

• Supporter
  • 50726 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 May 2021 - 04:45 PM

It is and it isn't.  Don't make the mistake that all these right-wing dumbasses are getting together in secret, smoke filled rooms and conspiring against the world.  It's just cases of parallel thinking is all.  That and right wingers inspire one another.

Ironbite-if it worked in America, goes the Right Wing Brits, it'll work here and we can do even worse!

US vs UK politics is like an international game of Hold My Beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users