Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 March 2020 - 02:51 AM)

He put that in a speech in Springfields 'Do as we say' festival in 2005 too.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2020 - 09:05 AM)

"I came here to LEAD not to read" -President Wolfcastle

Photo

Pitting the Xmen VS the Inhumans is a bad idea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:12 AM

Because unlike Xmen vs Avengers...people are actually dying because of the terrigen mists. And it's not an accident like Wanda. It was unforeseen but they know and aren't doing anything about it.

I know when Cyclops is back he'll be a villain. And Beast staying with the Inhumans while his friends are suffering makes him looks bad, even if he's looking for a cure.

In my mind, the X-Men ended after the fall of Utopia. Because everything after has been shit(and actually my personal preference is before the mansion was destroyed and the search for baby hope but Utopia was a good run).

Uncanny Xmen is the only X-Men comic I'm even interested in. O5 was a terribly shitty idea in a sea of bad Bendis ideas.

But yeah, the Inhumans don't look good. Everyone should be siding with Magneto at this point.

#2 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:16 AM

I'll be honest, the only X-Book I'm paying any attention to right now is All New Wolverine, but seriously, I'm really caring less and less about the Inhumans.

#3 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17609 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

New Wolverine is great.

I've heard the young Xmen on a road trip book is cool but havn't read it.

I love all the kids that were in "Spider-man and the X-men" (one of the best sadly overlooked Marvel books of the last decade IMO) and a chunk of them are in one of the other Xbooks but I've heard that book has been really uneven.

-ZacWilliam, I think one of the biggest problems of the Xline right now is visible in the fact that I have no idea which titled book is which team despite keeping up with what's happening in them. If you have a multi-book line every book should have a very distinct identity and purpose and a name that brands them strongly as that. Honestly I know it would cause fan conniptions and never happen but I'd love it if Xmen went back to one single team book like pre-90s.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 16 June 2016 - 06:16 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4 unluckiness

unluckiness

4 U

• Citizen
  • 19993 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

I liked them better when they were a space-faring race of superpeople who barely interacted with Earth's shenanigans instead of "basically mutants but we own the film rights"

Edited by unluckiness, 17 June 2016 - 01:30 AM.

xOyvpt9.png

#5 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

Inhumans gave us Kamala Khan. Inhumans are superior.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17609 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

Kamala Kahn is great. Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl is pretty cool. Those are two big pluses from Marvel's otherwise ill conceived, poorly executed Inhumans push.

I HAVE cared about Inhumans before on rare occasion. I loved the Avengers when Crystal was a key member (in a love triangle with Dane and Sersi) and even more I LOVED the Paul Jenkins/Jae Lee Inhumans miniseries from a couple decades back now. But nothing Marvel has done with them in modern times is nearly as good as that series.

-ZacWilliam, any character can be great with a great writer/story. Marvel has just failed to produce that.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

I'm not speaking versus as a company standpoint, I'm speaking in-story!

But yeah. Whatever. Don't like Kamala Khan(I don't like cute stuff) but Karnak is cool.

And the books look interesting.

#8 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7451 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

"We have to replace the X-Men" is a really awful place for Marvel's Inhumans plans to start from. That said, I think most of the books springing out of that policy have been pretty good, and Soule and co have done a surprisingly good job of creating a bunch of interesting new characters.

All-New Wolverine and Ms Marvel are fantastic books. I've always liked X-23 but I was still surprised at how great her current book is. 

The X-Men books have been... uneven at best, for... well, a very long time. I don't mind the O5 stuff but I'd be happy enough to see them gone. I'd like to have Scott and Charles back and see a family of books that relies less on endless faction-friction for a while. I think we're overdue for Jean's return too, but I do admire them for keeping her dead for so long in a world where even Bucky and Jason Todd are no longer sacred.  

In-story... I think people at this point have a lot more reason to hate and fear the Inhumans than the mutants. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#9 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

"We have to replace the X-Men" is a really awful place for Marvel's Inhumans plans to start from. That said, I think most of the books springing out of that policy have been pretty good, and Soule and co have done a surprisingly good job of creating a bunch of interesting new characters.

All-New Wolverine and Ms Marvel are fantastic books. I've always liked X-23 but I was still surprised at how great her current book is. 

The X-Men books have been... uneven at best, for... well, a very long time. I don't mind the O5 stuff but I'd be happy enough to see them gone. I'd like to have Scott and Charles back and see a family of books that relies less on endless faction-friction for a while. I think we're overdue for Jean's return too, but I do admire them for keeping her dead for so long in a world where even Bucky and Jason Todd are no longer sacred.  

In-story... I think people at this point have a lot more reason to hate and fear the Inhumans than the mutants. 

The X-Men books are so shitty right now I think it has to be a conspiracy.

Why kill Scott when he just had a major character change the fans responded too.

Then again they put Bendis on 2 x titles...maybe they just told him, hey buddy, make it as terrible as you can please.

No one will ever suspect we put top talent on a book just to sabotage it!bwahaha!

#10 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

Inhumans gave us Kamala Khan. Inhumans are superior.

mmm, true enough

#11 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:44 AM

I'd be suspicious of them trying to undermine the X-Men if all the horrible stuff happening to them weren't identical to the horrible stuff that's been happening to them in decades prior.

Biological agent killing mutants? An X-Men jumping off the deep end and going evil? The mutant population in danger? Timeline hugery? This is Business As Usual.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#12 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:04 AM

I'd be suspicious of them trying to undermine the X-Men if all the horrible stuff happening to them weren't identical to the horrible stuff that's been happening to them in decades prior.

Biological agent killing mutants? An X-Men jumping off the deep end and going evil? The mutant population in danger? Timeline hugery? This is Business As Usual.

Yeah, that wasn't what I said

#13 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9520 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:59 AM

You know Kamala Khan would've been a mutant in a hot second if Disney had the X-Men film rights.

You're never going to get the concept of mutants out of the public consciousness Disney, so either make nice with Fox or stop trying to replace mutants with Inhumans, it's just embarrassing.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#14 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7451 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:01 AM

From a certain perspective this whole Inhumans thing is kind of SpOck-ish. They're obviously not going to become an indefinite X-Men substitute, but there may we be a decent story to be wrung from all this erring ennui is the tuffet.

I mean, that was supposed to say "from all this Terrigen Mist stuff", but who am I to destroy Autocorrec's masterpiece?

WsuGTl1.jpg

#15 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

I think the thing that annoys me the most is the things like "Toro wasn't actually a mutant but an inhuman all along" or "Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were just experiments by the High Evolutionary."

I mean, we GET IT, Disney. You don't got the X-Men rights.

#16 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

There's nothing Disney can really do to "play nice" that isn't a completely one sided relationship. Fox won't sell anything back because they have no incentive to. The returns Marvel gets on the X-franchise are small enough as to be meaningless. There's nothing to really gain by "playing nice" whatsoever. All they'll end up doing is creating more characters Fox can use in their film franchise that Marvel can't use in theirs.

Edited by Razorsaw, 19 June 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#17 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9520 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

The sheer lack of subtlety in trying to make the Inhumans a knock-off X-Men is pretty damn embarrassing regardless.

Yeah, I can totally get behind a race lead by a dude with five wives and an artificially created slave-force. Liberty for Inhumans now!

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#18 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, and a lot of the mutant leaders are (or were) just as hugged up. Both mutants and inhumans are kind of a hamfistedly embarrassing metaphor in other ways too.

Edited by Razorsaw, 20 June 2016 - 01:41 AM.

#19 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:30 AM

The sheer lack of subtlety in trying to make the Inhumans a knock-off X-Men is pretty damn embarrassing regardless.

Yeah, I can totally get behind a race lead by a dude with five wives and an artificially created slave-force. Liberty for Inhumans now!

Didn't they forcefully de-evolve the alpha primitives, too?

#20 unluckiness

unluckiness

4 U

• Citizen
  • 19993 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:09 AM

Getting a whole story arc of Uncanny Avengers just to tell us all how Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were totes Inhumans all this time (really!) reminds me way too much of that idiotic miniseries that started out okay then turned out to be a vehicle for getting Sam Jackson Nick Fury into 616 in one of the most mindbogglingly stupid ways possible. Later becoming doubly inane when Secret Wars would have been way better for it.

Edited by unluckiness, 20 June 2016 - 06:09 AM.

xOyvpt9.png