Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

Photo
- - - - -

Out-of-print/hard-to-find media mega-thread

215 replies to this topic

#181 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1172 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

Wow, never knew that existed. Hope someone can share a scan

#182 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20280 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

Also, wanted to throw in there your idea of the Decepti-sister idols Soundwave and Space Case, though its a shame it never got published, but hopefully it will someday in some way, shape, or form.

Speaking of which.

tumblr_inline_olc8zdPRmG1twll0r_1280.jpg

Shoutout to transsoundwave and d00mface on Twitter for art of these ladies.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#183 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

Do the scripts for MSTF 11 onwards still exist?

#184 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 11407 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

I hope not!

#185 Spacewarp

Spacewarp

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 20280 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

Anybody know who this Mini-Con is?

Attached Thumbnails

• unknownminicon.png

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#186 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 11407 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Universe Perceptor.

#187 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:35 AM

Redeco of Armada Perceptor.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#188 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10935 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

Who would have access to the BotCon 2013 Customization Class Handbook? Within it is contained an Interlude featuring a bit of fiction for the Blastcharge Strika Drones, such as the notion that Strika has at least nine of these drones under her command, as well as this pic:

Blastcharge-Strika-Drones.jpg

And did any other BotCon's Custominzation Class Handbooks contain similar bits of fiction like this in them?

If no one else who can get their hands on it faster posts by the end of the day, I may be able to check mine. At work at present. I can say that with the other two Custom Class handbooks I have (2009 and 2016), the fiction seemed to be limited to the bios.

Shawn Tessmann is the person who put all this together, so if he's around, he'd be the best source.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 21 February 2017 - 12:17 PM.

#189 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

How would we get in touch with Shawn Tessmann? Does he post on these boards?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#190 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 34997 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

I want to say that he does, but I can't remember his name on here.

Edited by Spark, 21 February 2017 - 01:43 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#191 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10935 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

After a bit of archive searching, I was able to turn up that Shawn went by the name Delta Source (and, I think Delta Source1 was a later name for the same person, but I can't quite confirm that).

Unfortunately, it seems hasn't posted here for some time (last summer, as best I can tell). Someone else might be able to provide more current information.

#192 SoS

SoS
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 3627 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

Shawn has posted as recently as last week. Here's a thread about new Kreons showing up at Walgreen's.

--SoS

Edited by SoS, 21 February 2017 - 02:16 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#193 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10935 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

Shawn has posted as recently as last week. Here's a thread about new Kreons showing up at Walgreen's.

--SoS

Are you saying he's Defensis Prime?  

#194 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

--SoS

See the OP's screenname.

#195 SoS

SoS
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 3627 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

--SoS

Apologies, I'm out of town and my internet connection is not that great. In my rush to post I failed to mention that Shawn is the Delta Source posting the comparison pictures in the thread.

--SoS

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#196 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10935 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

--SoS

See the OP's screenname.

--SoS

Apologies, I'm out of town and my internet connection is not that great. In my rush to post I failed to mention that Shawn is the Delta Source posting the comparison pictures in the thread.

--SoS

Thanks for the clarification. I was prepared to believe that my research had come up with the wrong name. And, in fact, my research WAS obviously wrong when it came to the matter of Shawn's most recent post.

#197 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10935 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

Who would have access to the BotCon 2013 Customization Class Handbook? Within it is contained an Interlude featuring a bit of fiction for the Blastcharge Strika Drones, such as the notion that Strika has at least nine of these drones under her command, as well as this pic:

Blastcharge-Strika-Drones.jpg

And did any other BotCon's Custominzation Class Handbooks contain similar bits of fiction like this in them?

I've got the BotCon 2013 book in-hand. The picture you posted above is indeed in it (a bit larger than just the portion you see here, but nothing special is revealed in the part you can't already see), as an "Interlude" between the generic instructions (applicable to custom building in general) and the actual assembly instructions (well, the bit telling you what specific paint colors you'll want came first...).

The only other "special" item I can think to mention is that an instruction on the shoulder assembly has a cartoon hand drawn in pointing to it with the words "Sergeant Kup™ says... this pin here? It's just a reinforcement for the shoulder joint... just make sure there's no nasty burrs on the rotator."

As I said before, it also includes a bio and tech numbers for the "BLASTCHARGE STRIKA DRONE," in common with other custom class handbooks.

The other handbooks I have are:

• BotCon 2009, with bio info on SG Thunderclash and "Nightclash," a combined form of SG Thunderclash and SG Nightbeat (from the previous year) and some data on the SG Autobot Elite Guard.
  • BotCon 2016, with bios for G1 Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, SG Ratchet, and Medix.

That's all I can find for "fictional" data.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 22 February 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#198 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

and some data on the SG Autobot Elite Guard.

You have my attention.

#199 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1172 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:14 AM

Scans please?

#200 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10935 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Scans please?

I'm not comfortable scanning the material wholesale without permission from Shawn and/or FunPub (their rights would still exist, even if the club doesn't), but I'm happy to give a bit more information (such as there is) on the SG Elite Guard when I get back to a place where the books are nearby. In the meantime, I imagine that this tiny bit from Thunderclash's bio on the TF Wiki probably covers this reasonably well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users