Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

@  Jenny : (11 November 2019 - 08:54 AM)

The toy's designed to look like Wipe-Out, anyway.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 08:14 AM)

Didn't they try to retcon that into a figure of speech because that connection went against everybody else's long-term plans?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 November 2019 - 03:53 AM)

There's still some connection given Trypticon was created by Mortilus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM)

Yeah that toy doesn't exactly look like Necrobot.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM)

But.... it's just "Necro" not "Necrobot".

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 November 2019 - 05:10 PM)

But why does the God of Death need a giant space kaiju? Wait, never mind, answered my own question.

@  Maximus Ambus : (10 November 2019 - 02:15 PM)

Yowza I just realised Titans Trypticon comes with Necro AKA Censere AKA Mortilus.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

I... think the best equivalent would actually be the British "There is room for improvement".

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

There's always a sense of irony to it, but what the ratio between irony (you really failed) and straightworwardness (at least you achieved something) is depends on the situation and the speaker.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:12 PM)

The meaning can be both literal (you succeed on one level but fail on another), or it can be utterly ironic (you fail in every regard but the most technical; or even worse, "you really gave your best"), and anything in between.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:10 PM)

For example: A singer can hit the notes really well, but clearly isn't a native speaker and what little of the lyrics you can make out sounds nothing like what it's supposed to be.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 November 2019 - 01:06 PM)

The premise seems to be the mixing of technical and aesthetic technical qualities towards the overall success.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

But both "hollow victory" and pyrrhic victory" are referring to having lost as much as you've gained. IE; a battle was won but both armies were destroyed. The town being seiged is victorious, but all the soldiers are still dead. Nevermore's concept is more "You did it, but it's so ugly we don't know if you actually succeeded".

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:35 AM)

Alternately, one could probably also call it a "hollow victory".

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:35 AM)

Example: In the Powerpuff Girls episode "Uh Oh Dynamo", the monster-of-the-day was a really tough, giant-size one that required the use of a really destructive mech to defeat it. While the monster was ultimately beaten, the city of Townsville was utterly trashed by the mech's weapons in the process. So, while the city was saved from the monster, it was harmed even worse by the mech that saved it, making the victory bittersweet.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:32 AM)

@Nevermore, sounds to me like what one might call a "bittersweet victory". The goal was met, but at great cost or by disastrous result that call into question if the achieved goal could even be called a success.

@  Arvegtor : (10 November 2019 - 09:40 AM)

Seems to be close enough to "Pyrrhic victory"

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 November 2019 - 09:37 AM)

What do you get from putting the German term through a translator?

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers: Earth Wars

Transformers Earth Wars Pay-To-Win

2145 replies to this topic

#1841 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39065 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

My 6s+ doesn't have any issues with it, but I haven't tried my iPad 4 to see if it can run it.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1842 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

Well, My four star was a duplicate, but that is okay. At least I got something new this weekend!

#1843 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2633 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

My two Premium Crystals were repeats; theoreitically I could have earned a 4-Star Crystal, but this weekend was mostly about XP and XP.

Experience points and being frustrated you could earn so much... if you were one of those players who doesn't really need most of what you're earning and isn't sleeping, working, etc. for 72 hours, except in 3 hours "breaks". :wtf

The Allspark, where most of my commenting "hang-ups" were born!

#1844 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10042 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:43 AM

My 6s+ doesn't have any issues with it, but I haven't tried my iPad 4 to see if it can run it.

I use a regular 6+ and have had the issue for a while now.   I have been holding off on buying a new phone for several years now as I wanted to get out of the cycle of ALWAY paying for a new phone.  However, I guess I've pushed this one about as far as physically possible.  I've already replaced the battery inside it once and it is about time to do it again as the phone can't hold a charge for any great period of time.  I guess if I can tread water for a few more weeks with this phone, maybe I can have a new one by the end of April and this issue will just go away for me.

I was only able to get 2 attacks in the event this weekend as the rest of the time the game would crash as soon as I went into the event screen.  Was okay for a solo event but that kind of result would have gotten me kicked from my alliance had it been an alliance event.

#1845 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12641 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

The crashing is getting to intolerable levels. I can't enjoy this game if I have to restart it all between every battle!

#1846 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10042 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

The crashing is getting to intolerable levels. I can't enjoy this game if I have to restart it all between every battle!

Couldn't agree with you more.  

I just hate to walk away from it after playing from day 1 of the rollout.  Luckily I haven't invested much money at all into it so really I'd just be walking away from my time invested.  Every game has a life span.  I stuck around Clash of Clans longer than I should have for similar reasons.

#1847 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12641 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:02 PM

What's really irritating is that the feedback thus far seems to be along the lines of "is your tablet an older one?" That's just victim-blaming. I've been playing on this same table (and/or phone) since the game started. If the game's changed to become too bloated, that's not MY fault!

#1848 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:59 AM

Well, it looks like they finally fixed the Raid Glitch this past weekend. Sad to see it go, but at least it made it easier while it was here.

#1849 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2633 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

Well, it looks like they finally fixed the Raid Glitch this past weekend. Sad to see it go, but at least it made it easier while it was here.

Says you. XP

If you were on a low-end device and couldn't use it, you not only fell behind everyone else (oh well, group rewards, right?) but you got to wait and wait and wait while someone else was exploiting it.  Which was a problem because you're on a low-end device and so you only have so much time to safely attempt a Raid in the first place. XP  If you wait "at the ready" too long, your device becomes more and more prone to freezing up...

#1850 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Event details are up!

https://www.allspark...dings-and-more/

#1851 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Five Star Shard event this weekend!

https://www.allspark...-and-much-more/

Woot! Currently about 15% of the way to my second five star bot, so more of these evens please!

#1852 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

Event Details are up!

https://www.allspark...ekend-and-more/

Make sure you click the line for the giveaway!

#1853 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Meow and some such

• Supporter
  • 4601 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

“For 10 seconds, your laser causes damage.” Well that’s good to know. Impactor could only keep Rampage and Razorclaw chasing that damned red dot for so long.
WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!
Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787
Pokmon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345
Actual friends: um....

#1854 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

Well, I managed to get a 4 star Snarl this weekend! Woot! Just two more 4 star dinobots and I will have my first four star combiner! 

#1855 Arvegtor

Arvegtor
  • Citizen
  • 91 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

Well, I managed to get a 4 star Snarl this weekend! Woot! Just two more 4 star dinobots and I will have my first four star combiner! 

That might take quite a long time. I currently have 34/64 4* Decepticons and 61/64 3*, which includes missing 3 4* Constructicons, 2 Combaticons, 2 Predacons and 2 Stunticons (and I don't even have a 3* Menasor as Motormaster is one of those 3 missing 3*s, together with Viper and Ramjet). Also not a single 4* Terrorcon, if we also include approaching Abominus and Defensor.

#1856 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13635 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:49 AM

This event gave me a lot this weekend. I got a 3 star Sky Lynx and, by us9ng all my premium shards for Decepticons, i got 2 stars of Armada Megatron, Sentius Mallus, Shockwave and Deathsaurus!

fslookup.jpg

#1857 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2633 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Premium Crystal from this weekend's shard rewards gave me a 4-Star Long Haul. :)  I still need a 3/4-Star Mixmaster before I have Devastator.

#1858 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 39065 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

Apparently the event has been changed from one was announced before. The IOS issues are crashing with the new version of the game engine, so they are planning to do another individual prime core event to stall while they try to fix the issues. Sadly, no Impactor nor any new defensive cores this weekend.

Edited by The Predaking, 24 April 2019 - 08:39 AM.

#1859 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10042 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

I'm glad they're still trying to solve the IOS issue.  A solo event may be a good thing for me as I'm still suffering from the IOS crashing issue and felt bad that I was only able to get 2k points from this past weekend's event because of it.  This way my alliance won't have to depend on me to rake in a lot of points.

#1860 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2633 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:47 AM

Apparently the event has been changed from one was announced before. The IOS issues are crashing with the new version of the game engine, so they are planning to do another individual prime core event to stall while they try to fix the issues. Sadly, no Impactor nor any new defensive cores this weekend.

Sounds like a plan to me.  That very last line reminds me of something I wanted to bounce off of you all here:

Besides stretching out such additions, is there a good reason why all my buildings can't have Power Cores?  Even if nothing specific to a particular building exists, why not buy a few extra seconds with a Defense or Repair Core on it?  Then the powers-that-be still have the option of coming back with "Resource-specific" Cores.  I mean, seems like some stuff would be pretty obvious to augment, and in a manner that wouldn't "break" the game's balance (code is another issue) or hurting Space Ape's profit margin; but if I'm wrong and they're all tricky to improve in that magical overlap between what makes the game more enjoyable and what makes Space Ape more money... again, just let me make use of Defense and/or Repair Cores on everything and it's still pretty great. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users